Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 38482 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 12:07 - Jan 18 with 1555 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:07 - Jan 18 by Darran

Not even the one where we were attacking them and hit the bar at 1-0?

I agree about Rangel too if he needs resting it should have been next week,I did start a thread on here last night about Monk sending a few players away for a break and Rangel should be one of them.

That was a loose ball a full 35 yards out where Gylfi just caught it perfectly. It was hardly a creative move that resulted in us getting near or in the box and creating a genuine chance of scoring.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 12:22 - Jan 18 with 1524 viewsdobjack2

Monk - Coward on 11:47 - Jan 18 by dgt73

If Fulton had started we would still have lost 5-0 and you be on here saying why the fuk did Fulton start.

I agree that with Fulton starting that we would still probably have lost, however the side would have been better balanced and hopefully would not have made it so easy for the Chelsea midfield in the first half.
Monk - Coward on 12:26 - Jan 18 with 1507 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:48 - Jan 18 by Bloodyhills

On suggestion would be to set the team up to close down the space that these world class players have and make it harder for them rather than make it like a training match for them.

The one to blame? Whoever it is that sets up the team to play they way they do.

If you watch us now you will see how we defend. That 6, 7, 8 mins I highlighted from yesterday, the same bit they did on Match of the Day later told it all. That was the end of us and you can see what they're told to do. Our players are defending in lines and zones and when the ball comes near to their area they step closer to the ball and close the space down and when the ball moves on by the opposition to another player, our boy then retreats back into his zone and line. So you see us stepping up to the ball and moving back into shape. Monk likes to call this game management but what we're seeing more and more is teams gaining confidence from having long spells spreading the ball around.

We used to be a quick, harrying, pressing team. We'd hunt in packs and we'd look to get the ball back before oppositions settled on the ball. We used to get the ball back and keep it, we used to be highlighted on MOTD for passing moves 30 to 40 ending in chances and goals. We don't get any of this sort of exposure any more, we're becoming more and more another Joe Bloggs Prem team and we need our USP identity back again and quick.

Monk - Coward on 12:37 - Jan 18 with 1469 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 23:50 - Jan 17 by Darran

Go on then show me where I said that? Go on seriously prove it.

Ok but first are you saying you did not say anything of that clear nature? Lets have a bit of honesty. Put your money where your mouth is.

In fact the last time I brought this up did you not say something like people can change their minds, in defence of the fact you had said it.

Secondly get your pal Phil to reactivate my Spratty account, because without it to work out when this was going on I would need to spend hours and hours of my life going through your pathetic drive(given the search facilities are so poor on here); and I am not prepared to do that in the knowledge that you could have deleted this post when I brought it up previously, like you have deleted many other posts in the past.

One thing is 100% certain you said both these things.

Just as Phil said he would not have chosen Monk as manager or even as interim

Seriously!
Monk - Coward on 12:49 - Jan 18 with 1443 viewsPrivate_Partz

Monk - Coward on 18:02 - Jan 17 by C_jack

Of all the criticism GM will rightly get, this is a stupid one because standing up and waving your arms around makes f**k all difference to anything what so ever

This is true but Gary is a manager that tends to stand up and shouts whereas ML was not although he would get involved when we had bad decisions against us.
When things go wrong Gary does tend to sit quietly and say nowt. Morinio was far more active without any real need as he was having a cakewalk.
Gary is young and learning his trade and I believe he will learn by his mistakes. I certainly hope so!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Monk - Coward on 12:51 - Jan 18 with 1438 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 12:37 - Jan 18 by sixpenses

Ok but first are you saying you did not say anything of that clear nature? Lets have a bit of honesty. Put your money where your mouth is.

In fact the last time I brought this up did you not say something like people can change their minds, in defence of the fact you had said it.

Secondly get your pal Phil to reactivate my Spratty account, because without it to work out when this was going on I would need to spend hours and hours of my life going through your pathetic drive(given the search facilities are so poor on here); and I am not prepared to do that in the knowledge that you could have deleted this post when I brought it up previously, like you have deleted many other posts in the past.

One thing is 100% certain you said both these things.

Just as Phil said he would not have chosen Monk as manager or even as interim

Seriously!

No I stated all along that Monk wasnt my first choice,I was the first person on here to even mention Paul Clement and I was hoping for a Clement Monk one two.
The day Monk got the job I gave him my full support.

Now you run along and have your Sunday afternoon w*nk over your beloved bacon bender because as anyone who reads this forum honestly will admit your aren't a supporter of Swansea City and ypu most certainly don't support the manager.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 12:53]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk - Coward on 12:52 - Jan 18 with 1434 viewsJackhero

Monk - Coward on 12:26 - Jan 18 by _

If you watch us now you will see how we defend. That 6, 7, 8 mins I highlighted from yesterday, the same bit they did on Match of the Day later told it all. That was the end of us and you can see what they're told to do. Our players are defending in lines and zones and when the ball comes near to their area they step closer to the ball and close the space down and when the ball moves on by the opposition to another player, our boy then retreats back into his zone and line. So you see us stepping up to the ball and moving back into shape. Monk likes to call this game management but what we're seeing more and more is teams gaining confidence from having long spells spreading the ball around.

We used to be a quick, harrying, pressing team. We'd hunt in packs and we'd look to get the ball back before oppositions settled on the ball. We used to get the ball back and keep it, we used to be highlighted on MOTD for passing moves 30 to 40 ending in chances and goals. We don't get any of this sort of exposure any more, we're becoming more and more another Joe Bloggs Prem team and we need our USP identity back again and quick.

This is spot on analysis. I said this at the game yesterday.

How we gave their midfield so much space I've no idea, This could have and should have changed during the match, more pressing needed!

Where has this skint thing come from all of a sudden? We should be one of the better positioned teams in the division with regards to cash flow surely? We have been nothing short of thrifty since coming to the PL with the biggest outgoing the £12 mill for bony, which we have got back and more!

All I can see is a board lining its pockets!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Monk - Coward on 12:54 - Jan 18 with 1424 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 23:53 - Jan 17 by Starsky

Did you just say that "Cardiff are just one game in our season"?
Wow... You ARE Michael Laudrup.

Sorry my error they are of course not that any more

Remind me how many points are on offer against Cardiff?

Question then how many other wins would you swap to win against Cardiff.

If the answer is less than 2 then yes it is just another game.

Surely our end of season achievement is more important than winning against any team even one so worthy as you seem to think Cardiff are. Generally they are a nonentity to our team in my opinion except as with any game it is a shame to lose any points/progression.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Coward on 12:57 - Jan 18 with 1418 views_

Monk - Coward on 12:52 - Jan 18 by Jackhero

This is spot on analysis. I said this at the game yesterday.

How we gave their midfield so much space I've no idea, This could have and should have changed during the match, more pressing needed!

Where has this skint thing come from all of a sudden? We should be one of the better positioned teams in the division with regards to cash flow surely? We have been nothing short of thrifty since coming to the PL with the biggest outgoing the £12 mill for bony, which we have got back and more!

All I can see is a board lining its pockets!

Monk should have done a Mourinho and changed things on half hour. No sentiment, just a realisation that he'd got things wrong and was prepared to front up and change things.

He wouldn't do this because he knew he'd have to accept the blame and not push it onto defensive mistakes.

Monk - Coward on 13:08 - Jan 18 with 1396 viewsRancid

Chris has nailed recent events and yesterdays performance to a tee.His OP headline on this thread set the tone for abuse but he's turned it round and is spot on as usual.No brown tonguing here just saying it how I read it.
Monk - Coward on 13:15 - Jan 18 with 1375 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Monk - Coward on 13:08 - Jan 18 by Rancid

Chris has nailed recent events and yesterdays performance to a tee.His OP headline on this thread set the tone for abuse but he's turned it round and is spot on as usual.No brown tonguing here just saying it how I read it.

After our great start to the season, when was the last time we played a recognizable version of our game and won? Arsenal home?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Monk - Coward on 13:16 - Jan 18 with 1368 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 13:15 - Jan 18 by NeiltheTaylor

After our great start to the season, when was the last time we played a recognizable version of our game and won? Arsenal home?

Well I thought we played well against Spurs and lost.

Monk - Coward on 13:18 - Jan 18 with 1360 viewsexiledclaseboy

Monk - Coward on 13:08 - Jan 18 by Rancid

You need to start an official fan club for him. Chris is a nice chap like but your man love for him is becoming all-consuming.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 13:18]

Poll: Tory leader

Monk - Coward on 13:20 - Jan 18 with 1349 viewsRancid

Monk - Coward on 13:15 - Jan 18 by NeiltheTaylor

Yep, what Darran's just said but we lost.9 games ago I think the Arsenal match was.We've been well under par since.
Monk - Coward on 13:22 - Jan 18 with 1337 viewsskippyjack

He played Two upfront.. and an AM in DM.. we gave the ball away continuously.. gifted Chelsea 3 goals.. it should've been 10-0.. you can give Monk the obvious midfield get out clause.. but I doubt a Conference team would be that defensively naive against Chelsea.. we've got the pro Monk defenders and the anti Monk brigade.. the anti Monk brigade deserve to give him a walloping after that.. our worst home performance since when?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk - Coward on 13:23 - Jan 18 with 1333 viewsexiledclaseboy

Monk - Coward on 13:22 - Jan 18 by skippyjack

He played Two upfront.. and an AM in DM.. we gave the ball away continuously.. gifted Chelsea 3 goals.. it should've been 10-0.. you can give Monk the obvious midfield get out clause.. but I doubt a Conference team would be that defensively naive against Chelsea.. we've got the pro Monk defenders and the anti Monk brigade.. the anti Monk brigade deserve to give him a walloping after that.. our worst home performance since when?

We certainly couldn't have any complaints about being six or seven down at half time.

I'm steering clear of all the "brigade" stuff though. It's so August 2014.

Monk - Coward on 13:25 - Jan 18 with 1323 viewsRancid

Monk - Coward on 13:18 - Jan 18 by exiledclaseboy

You need to start an official fan club for him. Chris is a nice chap like but your man love for him is becoming all-consuming.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 13:18]

Ha Ha I am a fan of him on here and in person along with a lot of others too and i don't mind admitting it.I used to say the same about you on here too.
Monk - Coward on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 1313 viewsexiledclaseboy

Monk - Coward on 13:25 - Jan 18 by Rancid

Ha Ha I am a fan of him on here and in person along with a lot of others too and i don't mind admitting it.I used to say the same about you on here too.

Charming mun.

Monk - Coward on 13:28 - Jan 18 with 1305 viewsdobjack2

Monk - Coward on 13:22 - Jan 18 by skippyjack

It also meant that we were playing an unfamiliar system with people not used to playing the roles they were asked to play.

It seemed a strange decision taking into account what happened when we tried something similar pre-season and that it was against a Chelsea side with excellent movement and ability.
Monk - Coward on 13:29 - Jan 18 with 1305 viewsRancid

Monk - Coward on 13:26 - Jan 18 by exiledclaseboy

Charming mun.

Only kidding I loves you really and you've been my go to man with certain issues in the past as you know.I just can't sit on the fence, if someone is talking shite then I'll say it and if someone is talking sense I'll say that also.
Monk - Coward on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 1297 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Monk - Coward on 13:20 - Jan 18 by Rancid

Yep, what Darran's just said but we lost.9 games ago I think the Arsenal match was.We've been well under par since.

BBC says 12!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/results

And OOF! Classy' had a hammering with faint derision there!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Monk - Coward on 13:32 - Jan 18 with 1288 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 12:51 - Jan 18 by Darran

No I stated all along that Monk wasnt my first choice,I was the first person on here to even mention Paul Clement and I was hoping for a Clement Monk one two.
The day Monk got the job I gave him my full support.

Now you run along and have your Sunday afternoon w*nk over your beloved bacon bender because as anyone who reads this forum honestly will admit your aren't a supporter of Swansea City and ypu most certainly don't support the manager.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 12:53]

Yet there I was as usual singing Garry Monks Barmy Army as loud as anyone clapping and singing along to that and most of our other chants (Engurland is full of shit or similar not for me given our manager and much of our team are English - don't like Scouse songs either) right until the end. Even to try and get the support going when at times I was the only one doing so around me.

You know when all those real fans were streaming out in droves

If not my first choice is code for don't want him near our club as manager well yes - but from my POV they are very different things and it was definitely the latter you said. Still denying it?

What about him knowing where the door was if he didn't do as he was told, remember saying that one yet? Or are you denying it too?

I Support all the managers especially when they are lied about and treated unfairly. When I don't like the way they behave I say so as I am totally entitled to do. You say fuk em when players and managers are gone. With that attitude we have no history and without our history and the achievements of all those that contributed what are we?
Monk - Coward on 13:33 - Jan 18 with 1282 viewsRancid

Monk - Coward on 13:31 - Jan 18 by NeiltheTaylor

BBC says 12!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/results

And OOF! Classy' had a hammering with faint derision there!

Yep.11 PL games and 1 cup match which was against the worst side in the football league.
Monk - Coward on 13:36 - Jan 18 with 1269 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 13:32 - Jan 18 by sixpenses

Yet there I was as usual singing Garry Monks Barmy Army as loud as anyone clapping and singing along to that and most of our other chants (Engurland is full of shit or similar not for me given our manager and much of our team are English - don't like Scouse songs either) right until the end. Even to try and get the support going when at times I was the only one doing so around me.

You know when all those real fans were streaming out in droves

If not my first choice is code for don't want him near our club as manager well yes - but from my POV they are very different things and it was definitely the latter you said. Still denying it?

What about him knowing where the door was if he didn't do as he was told, remember saying that one yet? Or are you denying it too?

I Support all the managers especially when they are lied about and treated unfairly. When I don't like the way they behave I say so as I am totally entitled to do. You say fuk em when players and managers are gone. With that attitude we have no history and without our history and the achievements of all those that contributed what are we?

And f*ck you too I'm off out.

Monk - Coward on 13:36 - Jan 18 with 1269 views_

Monk - Coward on 13:26 - Jan 18 by exiledclaseboy

Charming mun.

You should have a night out with Chris, Cudey, or come on an away trip with us. You'll not be the same person again. :-)

A top, top bloke you just want to give him a man hug mun.

Cheers for the rare compliment (on here) Chris, mate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024