Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 37474 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 00:29 - Jan 18 with 2087 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Monk - Coward on 00:21 - Jan 18 by AngelRangelQS

I honestly don't know what else we could have done differently. Starting the game 1-0 down with that side against a team like that was always going to be a bloodbath

Monk asked Gylfi to play a deeper role than normal and he was completely ignored.

Why wasn't Monk giving him hell from the touchline and telling him to follow instructions instead of sitting and watching the calamity unfold?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Monk - Coward on 00:32 - Jan 18 with 2072 viewsBobJack

Monk - Coward on 00:23 - Jan 18 by WarwickHunt

So - the way to combat a vastly superior midfield is to give them lots of space and time on the ball?

Righto...

I was waiting for the East to sing " get into them, fcuk them up",

Thats what was needed from Swans players, 1st half especially. Way too much respect shown, just stood off and gave them space they crave.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Monk - Coward on 02:38 - Jan 18 with 2020 views_

Monk - Coward on 00:06 - Jan 18 by NeathJack

We've just lost at home to the likely champions of the richest league in the world while missing our first 3 first choice centre midfielders and our first choice winger ffs.

What in the name of all that is aethist do people expect from the club?

It's got absolutely bugger all to do with Monk sitting down more than he stood up or "defending without the ball".

It has everything to do with not being able to compete with a side like Chelsea when they are full strength and on top of their game, which they were, and us being under strength and not on our game especially after the setback of a 1st minute goal.

Can people please reset their reality meters to normal as some of these posts are embarrassing.

Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha

Is this guy for real or what?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 04:08 - Jan 18 with 1992 viewsWitneyjack

We've just lost at home to the likely champions of the richest league in the world while missing our first 3 first choice centre midfielders and our first choice winger ffs.

It's got absolutely bugger all to do with Monk sitting down more than he stood up or "defending without the ball".

It has everything to do with not being able to compete with a side like Chelsea when they are full strength and on top of their game, which they were, and us being under strength and not on our game especially after the setback of a 1st minute goal.

Can people please reset their reality meters to normal as some of these posts are embarrassing.

This
Monk - Coward on 04:26 - Jan 18 with 1983 viewsbudegan

Monk - Coward on 04:08 - Jan 18 by Witneyjack

This

And this.
Monk - Coward on 05:21 - Jan 18 with 1968 viewsApeShit

You don't think the way we sit back and try to defend instead of pressing like we used to has any outcome on the game?

Monk - Coward on 09:16 - Jan 18 with 1884 viewsmarchamjack

Mourinho said post match that he knew we were beaten pre-match when he saw our team line up (as did I and I'm sure others) and told his players to exploit our weakness in the middle, which they did.

WTF were we supposed to do about that, in the real world, when we literally couldn't compete with their much much better players they had on the pitch?

Anyone on here who's played football at any level will know that sometimes you come up against sides that just have better players than you and however hard you try, you cannot beat them, you cannot compete even against them becuase they are just a much better team. Doesn't make your manager a coward or overnight crp at his job.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth we are tenth in the PL in no realistic danger of going down looking forward nexxt year to our 5th season of PL football.

Fckn terrible

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Monk - Coward on 09:39 - Jan 18 with 1857 viewsMattG

When I saw the team, any meagre confidence I had disappeared immediately.

I was amazed to see us trying to go 4-4-2 against Chelsea and thought at the time that Fulton should have started rather than Oliveira to match up the numbers in midfield and keep Gylfi in his rightful position. It might not have changed the final result but I'd much rather have seen Fulton subbed off for a more attacking option at 65 or 70 mins with us 1-0 or 2-0 down than to see him subbed on, effectively a defensive change, when we were already 4-0 down.

Having gone 4-4-2, I think Barrow had to start on the bench because, for me, he doesn't have the defensive discipline that would be needed. Tiendalli for Rangel was an odd one but presumably a straight manager's pick.

Did Monk get things wrong? Certainly. However, I do feel that whatever he did would have been little more than damage limitation, particularly after such an early first goal. The fact that he didn't make any changes at half time indicated (to me and the guys I sit with, at least) that he wanted to give the same players the chance to make some amends in the second half for what had happened in the first - a more scientific version of "you f*cked it up - you put it right". An improved showing in the second half suggests that the players must have bought into this mindset to some extent - if they felt he was hanging them out to dry, I would expect to have seen further capitulation.

Did Monk make mistakes? Certainly - it's not the first time and it won't be the last but provided he learns and improves as he did after the Villareal pre-season game, it isn't the end of the world but a coward? Nah, that's just internet posturing at it's finest / worst.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Coward on 09:40 - Jan 18 with 1853 views_

Monk - Coward on 09:16 - Jan 18 by marchamjack

Mourinho said post match that he knew we were beaten pre-match when he saw our team line up (as did I and I'm sure others) and told his players to exploit our weakness in the middle, which they did.

WTF were we supposed to do about that, in the real world, when we literally couldn't compete with their much much better players they had on the pitch?

Anyone on here who's played football at any level will know that sometimes you come up against sides that just have better players than you and however hard you try, you cannot beat them, you cannot compete even against them becuase they are just a much better team. Doesn't make your manager a coward or overnight crp at his job.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth we are tenth in the PL in no realistic danger of going down looking forward nexxt year to our 5th season of PL football.

Fckn terrible

Let's not get carried away with the term coward here, it was deliberately used for emotion. It's very true, however that Monk hid away all game, I'm sorry but that was cowardly and he knows it. There was no direction from management and certainly no direction on the pitch itself. Now you'd think Monk who likes to teach his players everything and to get them to play the way he wants them to play, to play like he used to play would've been up and at them pretty much as soon as he saw them crumbling in front of his very eyes....you know like he is every game, in his technical area with instruction.

The sycophants on this site are now just comical. The Swans never have a bad game and Monk can do no wrong. We didn't put one single creative move together yesterday and the performance should never ever be tried to be justified, not in any single shape or form. Regardless of the much superior players Chelsea have our performance was shocking and Monk should be shouldering the whole blame.

This could knock us back tremendously coming after Bony's departure. I know we've got players coming back but we've probably got players that aren't exactly happy either. We've got to deal with the Jon Jo situation, Taylor, keep Gylfi happy now he's lost the guy he linked up so well with and we need a good, solid centre DM and quick.

Lisa asked who my side would've been.

I would've gone with

------------- Fab -----------------

Rangel - Fede - Ash - Taylor

---------Carroll - Fulton ----------

Emnes - Siggy - Routledge .

------------ Gomis -------------

Monk - Coward on 09:41 - Jan 18 with 1841 viewsJackfath

Monk - Coward on 09:40 - Jan 18 by _

Let's not get carried away with the term coward here, it was deliberately used for emotion. It's very true, however that Monk hid away all game, I'm sorry but that was cowardly and he knows it. There was no direction from management and certainly no direction on the pitch itself. Now you'd think Monk who likes to teach his players everything and to get them to play the way he wants them to play, to play like he used to play would've been up and at them pretty much as soon as he saw them crumbling in front of his very eyes....you know like he is every game, in his technical area with instruction.

The sycophants on this site are now just comical. The Swans never have a bad game and Monk can do no wrong. We didn't put one single creative move together yesterday and the performance should never ever be tried to be justified, not in any single shape or form. Regardless of the much superior players Chelsea have our performance was shocking and Monk should be shouldering the whole blame.

This could knock us back tremendously coming after Bony's departure. I know we've got players coming back but we've probably got players that aren't exactly happy either. We've got to deal with the Jon Jo situation, Taylor, keep Gylfi happy now he's lost the guy he linked up so well with and we need a good, solid centre DM and quick.

I would've gone with

Are you prepared to call GM a coward to his face?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Monk - Coward on 09:45 - Jan 18 with 1831 viewsonetimejack

Oh look Mathew is trolling already this morning the fukcing weasel.

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Monk - Coward on 10:07 - Jan 18 with 1795 viewsJackfath

Monk - Coward on 09:45 - Jan 18 by onetimejack

Oh look Mathew is trolling already this morning the fukcing weasel.

Please keep on topic, there's a good boy.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Monk - Coward on 10:10 - Jan 18 with 1788 viewsJokeren1943

Monk - Coward on 09:39 - Jan 18 by MattG

I was amazed to see us trying to go 4-4-2 against Chelsea and thought at the time that Fulton should have started rather than Oliveira to match up the numbers in midfield and keep Gylfi in his rightful position. It might not have changed the final result but I'd much rather have seen Fulton subbed off for a more attacking option at 65 or 70 mins with us 1-0 or 2-0 down than to see him subbed on, effectively a defensive change, when we were already 4-0 down.

Having gone 4-4-2, I think Barrow had to start on the bench because, for me, he doesn't have the defensive discipline that would be needed. Tiendalli for Rangel was an odd one but presumably a straight manager's pick.

Did Monk get things wrong? Certainly. However, I do feel that whatever he did would have been little more than damage limitation, particularly after such an early first goal. The fact that he didn't make any changes at half time indicated (to me and the guys I sit with, at least) that he wanted to give the same players the chance to make some amends in the second half for what had happened in the first - a more scientific version of "you f*cked it up - you put it right". An improved showing in the second half suggests that the players must have bought into this mindset to some extent - if they felt he was hanging them out to dry, I would expect to have seen further capitulation.

Did Monk make mistakes? Certainly - it's not the first time and it won't be the last but provided he learns and improves as he did after the Villareal pre-season game, it isn't the end of the world but a coward? Nah, that's just internet posturing at it's finest / worst.

Agere, it was clear before match start, that we would lose the midield battle - thereby lose the war.

And it just show how essential Ki and Shelvey is for the balance on the team - both offensively but also defensively.
Monk - Coward on 10:19 - Jan 18 with 1755 viewsJackfath

Monk - Coward on 09:39 - Jan 18 by MattG

I like this.

Monk - Coward on 10:19 - Jan 18 with 1759 viewsdobjack2

Like many when I saw the team I thought that they would murder us.

I didn't understand the line up before the game and I don't understand it now.

We were missing 3 midfielders: ki -away shelvey - self imposed stupidity, leon - injured yet we didn't play 3 in midfield.why?

Fulton should have played otherwise what's the point.

Also leon is getting on and picking up knocks so we cannot rely on him as an ever present, shelveys indiscipline means he is missing games. Instead of 6 midfielders we need one more.

A defensive mf and 2 full backs are a priority. How have we let ourselves get into this position.

I hope that off the field action is not affecting our focus on the playing staff. Similarly I do hope that the bony profit is not going to end up in dividends.
Monk - Coward on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 1754 viewsperchrockjack

Looks like we really might have problems.

I m pretty irate and therefore any further comment would be inappropriate.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk - Coward on 10:27 - Jan 18 with 1736 viewsmonmouth

Monk - Coward on 09:40 - Jan 18 by _

I would've gone with

That was the side I was expecting (with Leon for Fulton as I didn't realise he was injured). I was astonished to see what we went for. Son of Villareal. Now Even Scarier.

Apart from Tremmel, that was a league cup trial side for earlier in the season out there. Against Chelsea.

I expect Monk - and the players - to come out fighting against Southampton (I've kind of lost a bit of interest in Blackburn at the moment).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk - Coward on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 1720 viewsperchrockjack

In the context of the season as a whole, next game at Blackburn is huge as it will show much about what fire we have.

It's a chance foe those out of form and confidence to front up before soon.

This result could either be a blessing in disguise or a litmus test as to wherecwe really are.

I feel pretty much shattered right now.

Over to you garry

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk - Coward on 10:37 - Jan 18 with 1716 views_

Monk - Coward on 10:19 - Jan 18 by dobjack2

Like many when I saw the team I thought that they would murder us.

I didn't understand the line up before the game and I don't understand it now.

We were missing 3 midfielders: ki -away shelvey - self imposed stupidity, leon - injured yet we didn't play 3 in midfield.why?

Fulton should have played otherwise what's the point.

Also leon is getting on and picking up knocks so we cannot rely on him as an ever present, shelveys indiscipline means he is missing games. Instead of 6 midfielders we need one more.

A defensive mf and 2 full backs are a priority. How have we let ourselves get into this position.

I hope that off the field action is not affecting our focus on the playing staff. Similarly I do hope that the bony profit is not going to end up in dividends.

I keep hearing from many we are skint and the Bony money is again going on infrastructure. I keep hearing about a wage bill that has restricted our movement in the market place and I keep hearing we're not going to make any decent signings in this window.

i hope the Directors do well by us. I also hope they don't gain personally from more dividends and winning contracts from improving our infrastructure.

We need to re-invest the majority of the Bony money and we need to get our asses together and get scouting the many, many leagues in the world. There was talk of an Eastern Europeanyoungster from Anderlecht recently....well why can't we be the club that's finding these gems, not picking them up second hand when they're already £10m plus by then.

There's a Bony pre Vitesse out there right now. Let's get on it.

Monk - Coward on 10:38 - Jan 18 with 1712 viewsMattG

Monk - Coward on 10:07 - Jan 18 by Jackfath

Please keep on topic, there's a good boy.

I'm still trying to work out why he's got an issue with me.

Even tried to derail a thread I started in the Tickets forum last week about Park & Ride options.

Baffling.
Monk - Coward on 10:39 - Jan 18 with 1710 viewslifelong

Monk - Coward on 10:34 - Jan 18 by perchrockjack

In the context of the season as a whole, next game at Blackburn is huge as it will show much about what fire we have.

It's a chance foe those out of form and confidence to front up before soon.

This result could either be a blessing in disguise or a litmus test as to wherecwe really are.

I feel pretty much shattered right now.

Over to you garry

Our next home league game is far more important than the FA cup game.
Monk - Coward on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 1704 viewsmonmouth

Yes on reflection, the Blackburn game is probably vital to confidence. Whatever team we put out, losing to a championship mob would not be helpful. I'm focused on Soton because I want to see us balls out proving we can compete with a very good side, and a very good manager.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk - Coward on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 1704 views_

Monk - Coward on 04:08 - Jan 18 by Witneyjack

This

You're not much of a poster at the best of times but lately you've excelled yourself.

Monk - Coward on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 1702 viewsbudegan

Is it possible that Fulton wasn't picked as being at the wrong end of a stuffing would be no good for his confidence and do him far more harm than good?

Also whether done for effect or not, calling GM a coward is out of order and I'm confident that the OP wouldn't dream of saying it to his face.
Monk - Coward on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 1702 viewstaff999555

Absolutely spot on. Monk tactically inept. Sat down through the entire game as he didn't have a clue how to change things. Had no answers whatsoever. No standing in the technical area encouraging his players, just sat back and let his team get rolled over. Disgusting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024