Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 37473 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 23:32 - Jan 17 with 1536 viewsjack247

Monk - Coward on 22:33 - Jan 17 by Jokeren1943

Time to see how the manager preforming with the absence of the key players - the same as last winter.

Yep. And once he loses the dressing room, dodges training and nips off to Paris and Barcelona every few weeks, I will want him sacked too.
Monk - Coward on 23:39 - Jan 17 with 1513 viewsJJJack

Monk - Coward on 19:35 - Jan 17 by Gowerjack

Agreed 100%

So this is the Villareal game where we then went and won at Old Trafford followed by 3 more wins without conceding a goal, yes? In which case if Monk learns as quickly as he did on that occasion we have zilch to worry about. Only thing I couldn't work out is....why, if you're gonna play 2 up front, don't you get the bloody ball forward more quickly/directly? It was painful how slowly we "attacked" today. Total shambles 1st half. But Monk has shown already he's a quick learner so fear ye not?
A coward?? Ha ha, yeah right!
Monk - Coward on 23:42 - Jan 17 with 1507 views_

Monk - Coward on 19:12 - Jan 17 by _

WTF? Are you serious? Monk should have had some balls and made changes at 3 down, at least. Oliveria was weak in every challenge and indecisive. We had our only good spell of the game just after they scored the first. We then inexplicably allowed them 6, 7, 8 minutes on the ball without us even touching it. We did what we do under Monk we sat back, tried to get into our defensive lines and try to defend without the ball. Marking zones and standing off.

All the while a team like Chelsea were like huh? WTF are you doing Swansea? We'll just pick you off all day like this. In those 6 to 8 minutes they created 4 good chances. Monk was up and about at this point in his technical area like he normally is. When the second and third went in he went into hiding with the rest of the team he'd picked.

We've got to scrap that nonsense on the defensive tactics and pretty sharp. One we're not very good at it and two we're giving the opposition time to get comfortable on the ball when that's what we used to do.

Also blessing in disguise if Williams is out for a few weeks. He's like a mouse out there and shows less and less courage with each passing week.

We haven't played well for a long time. Time to have a serious look at our style of play and let's hope that game doesn't have a real knock on effect from here on.

Hmm the same analysis as on Match of the Day.

Unbelievable pathetic defensive fack up tactics. These ideas that Monk is trying to get into his players because you know, that's what he's like and that's the type of player he was, well enough. No more, never again.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 23:43 - Jan 17 with 1503 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 23:06 - Jan 17 by Darran

There's every need for it when it involves a c*nt like you.

No Darran I think you will find you came well above me in that particular vote

Now please behave or I will have to remind you how you said you did not want Garry Monk anywhere near our team as manager and when he said he did not want help as he would see it as a personal failure you said he should do as he is told or he knows where the door is. Certainly far stronger than anything I had said about a fair recruitment process being best in which to fairly consider all candidates including Southampton's now manager who was more or less throwing himself at us.
Monk - Coward on 23:43 - Jan 17 with 1499 viewswaynekerr55

Monk - Coward on 23:42 - Jan 17 by _

Hmm the same analysis as on Match of the Day.

Unbelievable pathetic defensive fack up tactics. These ideas that Monk is trying to get into his players because you know, that's what he's like and that's the type of player he was, well enough. No more, never again.

Don't do yourself a disservice Chris, that was far more detailed than Phil 'yes I'll make the tea David' Neville

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk - Coward on 23:44 - Jan 17 with 1496 viewsDr_Winston

Monk - Coward on 20:55 - Jan 17 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I would have thought our wage bill would have risen considerably to eat into that extra tv money. In general I'm in the 'we don't have as much spare cash as fans think' camp - I have no knowledge to back that up, but I think a lot of things add up behind the scenes that we don't see - not least wages, the real killers of football clubs finances.

I always cast my mind back to Bolton. They spent over 10 years here, I can't remember them being profligate in their spending, had a rich benefactor, yet exited stage left with over £100 million in debt, mainly caused by the effects of having to pay the massive wages players demand these days.

I do hope you're right though, and we have a healthy bank account, waiting to be tapped into. Of course, the Bony fee will give us the means to take action in the market if needed (and it is - full-backs anyone?), but aside from that, I wouldn't be surprised if we were just breaking even.

It's possible, but an eight figure jump in the wage bill in only a year or two would be a big step.

Next accounts will tell all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk - Coward on 23:45 - Jan 17 with 1492 viewsJJJack

Monk - Coward on 21:22 - Jan 17 by Jackfath

I wonder what GM would do if the OP called him a coward to his face?

Perhaps they'd find an intermediary to have a meeting with where much respect could be gained, some biscuits eaten and er, that's that? Can you think of anyone Fath? Maybe a Director of some sort......?
Monk - Coward on 23:47 - Jan 17 with 1479 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 22:51 - Jan 17 by TNT

Laudrup is the Kaant that told the Jacks to take his insipid defeat at C'ff 'On the chin'! Fark off!

Did he really tell us to do that - would be interest in a quote, I certainly did not see any such quote at the time. I do remember Huw criticising his attitude towards the "bigger" teams in the national press on the morning of the match. That must be a hell of a motivator especially given how well he had done against a number of the bigger teams. For e.g. Chelsea had never beaten us at the Lib until after Laudrup was replaced. Since which they have beaten us in both games. Also remember that Cardiff match was basically the end of Michu's career

At the end of the day Cardiff is just one game in our season.

Garry beat them at home with a brilliant performance by Pabs but then went on to oversee the most games without a win since we were promoted. Which is the most important? I think that was the point that Laudrup was making at the fans forum before the game, that whilst it is important to win any game what is most important is what we achieve at the end of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Coward on 23:50 - Jan 17 with 1466 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 23:43 - Jan 17 by sixpenses

No Darran I think you will find you came well above me in that particular vote

Now please behave or I will have to remind you how you said you did not want Garry Monk anywhere near our team as manager and when he said he did not want help as he would see it as a personal failure you said he should do as he is told or he knows where the door is. Certainly far stronger than anything I had said about a fair recruitment process being best in which to fairly consider all candidates including Southampton's now manager who was more or less throwing himself at us.

Go on then show me where I said that? Go on seriously prove it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk - Coward on 23:51 - Jan 17 with 1456 viewsDr_Winston

Monk - Coward on 21:00 - Jan 17 by jackonicko

This.

It's pretty clear that Gomis was brought in to replace Bony leaving in the summer. We've since been covering 2 massive wages for one first team position up top, plus added big wages for Fab and Siggy. I would imagine cash flow is relatively tight at times.

The next accounts will be out soon for last year. It wouldn't surprise me if the accounts only show a couple of million profit, and the wage bill is up again for this year.

No big signing in January is pretty obvious, And right.

I'm sorry, but I still don't buy the "we only brought in Gomis because we expected Wilf to leave" theory. For one thing if we were shitting ourselves about paying two big wages then offering Wilf a payrise and new contract would have been the last thing on our minds.

We needed two quality strikers. We went out and signed another. All things being equal the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk - Coward on 23:53 - Jan 17 with 1448 viewsStarsky

Monk - Coward on 23:47 - Jan 17 by sixpenses

Did he really tell us to do that - would be interest in a quote, I certainly did not see any such quote at the time. I do remember Huw criticising his attitude towards the "bigger" teams in the national press on the morning of the match. That must be a hell of a motivator especially given how well he had done against a number of the bigger teams. For e.g. Chelsea had never beaten us at the Lib until after Laudrup was replaced. Since which they have beaten us in both games. Also remember that Cardiff match was basically the end of Michu's career

Garry beat them at home with a brilliant performance by Pabs but then went on to oversee the most games without a win since we were promoted. Which is the most important? I think that was the point that Laudrup was making at the fans forum before the game, that whilst it is important to win any game what is most important is what we achieve at the end of the season.

Did you just say that "Cardiff are just one game in our season"?
Wow... You ARE Michael Laudrup.

It's just the internet, init.

Monk - Coward on 23:58 - Jan 17 with 1426 viewsTNT

Monk - Coward on 23:47 - Jan 17 by sixpenses

You cannot follow The Swans that closely if you didn't read or hear about Laudrup's quote in the media. Of the pathetic performance at C'ff, he told you to, 'Take it on the chin'.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Monk - Coward on 23:59 - Jan 17 with 1423 viewswaynekerr55

Monk - Coward on 23:53 - Jan 17 by Starsky

Did you just say that "Cardiff are just one game in our season"?
Wow... You ARE Michael Laudrup.

or Dave Jones

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk - Coward on 00:01 - Jan 18 with 1414 viewsStarsky

Monk - Coward on 23:59 - Jan 17 by waynekerr55

or Dave Jones

Stop giving me up arrows Wayne mun.
You're making me feel guilty.

It's just the internet, init.

Monk - Coward on 00:06 - Jan 18 with 1395 viewsNeathJack

We've just lost at home to the likely champions of the richest league in the world while missing our first 3 first choice centre midfielders and our first choice winger ffs.

What in the name of all that is aethist do people expect from the club?

It's got absolutely bugger all to do with Monk sitting down more than he stood up or "defending without the ball".

It has everything to do with not being able to compete with a side like Chelsea when they are full strength and on top of their game, which they were, and us being under strength and not on our game especially after the setback of a 1st minute goal.

Can people please reset their reality meters to normal as some of these posts are embarrassing.
Monk - Coward on 00:10 - Jan 18 with 1381 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 23:58 - Jan 17 by TNT

You cannot follow The Swans that closely if you didn't read or hear about Laudrup's quote in the media. Of the pathetic performance at C'ff, he told you to, 'Take it on the chin'.

He's not a Swans fan he he can't be.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk - Coward on 00:11 - Jan 18 with 1373 viewsRancid

It's difficult to keep 2 top class strikers happy at a club like Swansea.We all knew the need for a quality second striker after what we got served up in previous seasons but Gomis at 29 will want to be the main man and it wouldn't surprise me if we brought him in with the knowledge that Bony would be sold.It's a fine line for a club like us to get it right as Laudrup found out but that is what we'll be up against if we want 2 top class strikers when we only play 1 up front.I'd go out and buy a youngster with potential now or in the summer, maybe from the Championship or another PL side but someone who'd be happy on the bench and ready to be called on and also with the potential to be our main striker eventually.Gomis was never going to be that type so I do think he was brought in and told he'll be number 1 soon enough and Bony's replacement.
Monk - Coward on 00:13 - Jan 18 with 1369 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk - Coward on 00:06 - Jan 18 by NeathJack

We've just lost at home to the likely champions of the richest league in the world while missing our first 3 first choice centre midfielders and our first choice winger ffs.

What in the name of all that is aethist do people expect from the club?

It's got absolutely bugger all to do with Monk sitting down more than he stood up or "defending without the ball".

It has everything to do with not being able to compete with a side like Chelsea when they are full strength and on top of their game, which they were, and us being under strength and not on our game especially after the setback of a 1st minute goal.

Can people please reset their reality meters to normal as some of these posts are embarrassing.

Nothing at all to do with treating their midfield like they were all carrying the Ebola virus then?
Monk - Coward on 00:16 - Jan 18 with 1358 viewsNeathJack

Monk - Coward on 00:13 - Jan 18 by WarwickHunt

Nothing at all to do with treating their midfield like they were all carrying the Ebola virus then?

Aye, that'll be it.

Never mind the fact that their midfield was about 13 levels above what we were able to field today.

And this whole "defending without the ball" nonsense. Apart from the 2 Chelsea games we've conceded 21 goals in 20 PL games.
Monk - Coward on 00:19 - Jan 18 with 1351 viewsdameedna

Monk - Coward on 19:15 - Jan 17 by monmouth

Do we really have to polarise this into a pro-anti Monk dickfight? Yeah I suppose we do....ok, I'm not really in any camp but I thought that was poor from him today. The team played like a pub team so they must shoulder a lot of the flak but team selection, shape and attitude was poor for me and, whatever you might say about effect, your manager hiding (and he was) because you are getting slaughtered is not a good way to behave at all (he's been very visible in other matches). So the impression it gives is 'you're on your own on this one boys'.

He's also taken a lot of credit ('they're taking on board what we're giving them'; I've worked to improve Bony) now he's got to stand up and take the crap. I hope he does.

But there we are. We were outclassed. I think they'd have been too good for us whatever we did, but that's not the point. It reminded me of what Villareal did to us in the friendly when we tried players out of position, new player combinations and no real gumption. They cut us to pieces too. Maybe this time, some learning might take place because make no mistake, the scummy scrap metal bunch were right, we were sh1t.

Monk played a team that it was not hard to see were being completely outplayed

Monk deserves some stick for that performance
Monk - Coward on 00:19 - Jan 18 with 1341 viewsAngelRangelQS

Monk - Coward on 00:13 - Jan 18 by WarwickHunt

They couldn't get near Chelsea's midfield. Quicker, stronger, more skilful though was anyone surprised when they saw who was playing there.

Tom Carroll is far too lightweight at the moment, Sigurdsson doesn't tackle at the best of times and it's not why he's there and oliveria, well....
Monk - Coward on 00:21 - Jan 18 with 1335 viewsAngelRangelQS

Monk - Coward on 00:19 - Jan 18 by dameedna

Monk played a team that it was not hard to see were being completely outplayed

Monk deserves some stick for that performance

I honestly don't know what else we could have done differently. Starting the game 1-0 down with that side against a team like that was always going to be a bloodbath
Monk - Coward on 00:23 - Jan 18 with 1331 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk - Coward on 00:16 - Jan 18 by NeathJack

Aye, that'll be it.

Never mind the fact that their midfield was about 13 levels above what we were able to field today.

And this whole "defending without the ball" nonsense. Apart from the 2 Chelsea games we've conceded 21 goals in 20 PL games.

So - the way to combat a vastly superior midfield is to give them lots of space and time on the ball?

Righto...
Monk - Coward on 00:25 - Jan 18 with 1322 viewsNeathJack

Monk - Coward on 00:23 - Jan 18 by WarwickHunt

So - the way to combat a vastly superior midfield is to give them lots of space and time on the ball?

Righto...

There was no way for us to combat that midfield compared to what we had available today.

Bigger picture is defensively this season we're doing just fine and dandy.
Monk - Coward on 00:26 - Jan 18 with 1317 viewsdameedna

Monk - Coward on 00:21 - Jan 18 by AngelRangelQS

I honestly don't know what else we could have done differently. Starting the game 1-0 down with that side against a team like that was always going to be a bloodbath

i don't know either mate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024