Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 37470 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 21:44 - Jan 17 with 1709 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 17:54 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

I hope those nice MOTD chaps highlight the fact that Chelsea's world class midfield were invariably in a radius of ten yards of space whenever they got the ball.

Got to agree it is still seared on my minds eye. Scanning the pitch as they were yet again attacking and it looked for all the world like the gym teacher had just told our players to find a space and stand in it.

Certainly agree with the OP about it seeming like Garry was hiding. I never prescribe to the stood on the side waving your arms and shouting = commitment and having a plan. But given it is Garry's style to be stood on the sideline much of the time shouting instructions it was very noticable to me that when ever I looked over he was nowhere to be seen. This was more bemusing because it seemed like this was a time they really needed someone shouting instructions given our most comprehensive home defeat since we were promoted.
Monk - Coward on 21:47 - Jan 17 with 1690 viewsParlay

This non pressing of the opposition really is becoming concerning now. a major reason why we now have far less possession. Its a glaring hole in our tactics.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Monk - Coward on 21:54 - Jan 17 with 1670 views50pencehead

Whilst I agree that the term coward is too strong, it has to be said though when Laudrup sat on his backside there were elements among us who thought this was a heinous crime worthy of criticism.

The formation clearly didn't work, and we didn't have what was needed to change the game from the bench. I'm struggling to claim any positives at all but we've a great chance to put it all right against Blackburn next Saturday with a much changed line up.

Please don't sacrifice Siggy to shoehorn another player into the team.

As you were.

Feet like a Toblerone

Monk - Coward on 21:56 - Jan 17 with 1660 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 21:54 - Jan 17 by 50pencehead

Whilst I agree that the term coward is too strong, it has to be said though when Laudrup sat on his backside there were elements among us who thought this was a heinous crime worthy of criticism.

The formation clearly didn't work, and we didn't have what was needed to change the game from the bench. I'm struggling to claim any positives at all but we've a great chance to put it all right against Blackburn next Saturday with a much changed line up.

Please don't sacrifice Siggy to shoehorn another player into the team.

As you were.

Yeah and anyone with more than one brain cell knows that sitting down makes no difference whatsoever.
SAF sat down all through his career.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk - Coward on 22:00 - Jan 17 with 1649 viewsmarchamjack

I think Monk's main mistake today (and how great is hindsight) with the personeel available, was in not playing/trusting Fulton from the start and starting with him, Carroll and Siggy and so then not leaving that gaping hole in the middle of the park that was so obviously going to be there once he picked Oliveira with Siggy

But it was Chelsea we lost to who are much much better than us and should be much better than us

No need to go overboard beyond that. Lesson learned. Probably will be many more, that happened to be todays

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Monk - Coward on 22:06 - Jan 17 with 1632 views50pencehead

Monk - Coward on 21:56 - Jan 17 by Darran

Yeah and anyone with more than one brain cell knows that sitting down makes no difference whatsoever.

I completely agree, arm waving doesn't win matches. I just think we came up short today, that's not an embarrassment as long as it doesn't happen every week.

Feet like a Toblerone

Monk - Coward on 22:09 - Jan 17 with 1622 viewsmonmouth

Actually the other game it reminded me of was the 5-0 slaughter at Liverpool before the cup final when a number of second string players were deployed and a powder puff midfield, with the same outcome. Carnage.

Sh1t happens I suppose. We need to duff up Blackburn now and have a good crack at Soton down there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk - Coward on 22:09 - Jan 17 with 1622 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 22:06 - Jan 17 by 50pencehead

I completely agree, arm waving doesn't win matches. I just think we came up short today, that's not an embarrassment as long as it doesn't happen every week.

We did mate it was a very very poor performance with an understrength team against one of the best teams in the world.
We need to strengthen and get on with it.

Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Coward on 22:15 - Jan 17 with 1596 viewswaynekerr55

Monk - Coward on 21:56 - Jan 17 by Darran

And one of his teams got gubbed 6 - 1 at home against their bitter rivals.

Football... bloody hell

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk - Coward on 22:17 - Jan 17 with 1591 viewsLeonisGod

Monk - Coward on 22:00 - Jan 17 by marchamjack

I think Monk's main mistake today (and how great is hindsight) with the personeel available, was in not playing/trusting Fulton from the start and starting with him, Carroll and Siggy and so then not leaving that gaping hole in the middle of the park that was so obviously going to be there once he picked Oliveira with Siggy

But it was Chelsea we lost to who are much much better than us and should be much better than us

No need to go overboard beyond that. Lesson learned. Probably will be many more, that happened to be todays

Maybe he though Siggy could be trusted to do a more disciplined job and his experience would be an asset. Monk knows Siggy isn't effective there, but lining up with Fulton/Carrol? Against probably the best midfield in the division? Nope, not for me. We didn't retain posession when Fulton came on anyway, so I think Monk made an understandable selection. Even if far from ideal.
Monk - Coward on 22:33 - Jan 17 with 1543 viewsJokeren1943

Time to see how the manager preforming with the absence of the key players - the same as last winter.
Monk - Coward on 22:36 - Jan 17 with 1533 viewswaynekerr55

Monk - Coward on 22:33 - Jan 17 by Jokeren1943

Time to see how the manager preforming with the absence of the key players - the same as last winter.

Fair comment

Monk - Coward on 22:38 - Jan 17 with 1522 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 22:09 - Jan 17 by monmouth

Actually the other game it reminded me of was the 5-0 slaughter at Liverpool before the cup final when a number of second string players were deployed and a powder puff midfield, with the same outcome. Carnage.

Sh1t happens I suppose. We need to duff up Blackburn now and have a good crack at Soton down there.

Agree but our home record was much stronger especially against Chelsea until their first win at the Lib in April

Poor old Garry 2 of our worst drubbings ever, captained one and managed the other.

Remember after Liverpool how Laudrup apologised to the fans, said it was not acceptable and took full responsibility as manager. Not heard Garry's post match interview but I will be pleased if he has done the same
Monk - Coward on 22:39 - Jan 17 with 1519 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 22:38 - Jan 17 by sixpenses

Agree but our home record was much stronger especially against Chelsea until their first win at the Lib in April

Poor old Garry 2 of our worst drubbings ever, captained one and managed the other.

Remember after Liverpool how Laudrup apologised to the fans, said it was not acceptable and took full responsibility as manager. Not heard Garry's post match interview but I will be pleased if he has done the same

Yeah he has and you are a pr*ck.

Monk - Coward on 22:39 - Jan 17 with 1518 viewsmarchamjack

Monk - Coward on 22:17 - Jan 17 by LeonisGod

Maybe he though Siggy could be trusted to do a more disciplined job and his experience would be an asset. Monk knows Siggy isn't effective there, but lining up with Fulton/Carrol? Against probably the best midfield in the division? Nope, not for me. We didn't retain posession when Fulton came on anyway, so I think Monk made an understandable selection. Even if far from ideal.

I agree Monk made an fully understandable selection with what he had, just think that with Fulton (who I also agree didn't retain possession well when he came on as it turned out) we may not have gone behind so early as teh gap was there in midfiled right from kick off and so may not have ended shipping 5. We'd still have lost though regardless with what we had.

Hence no need for any over reaction from anyone really

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Monk - Coward on 22:41 - Jan 17 with 1510 viewswaynekerr55

Oh FFS

If Mr Ambivalent is so good then why is he sat on his arse in the desert then?

Monk - Coward on 22:44 - Jan 17 with 1501 viewsTNT

If you want a Stuart Pearce, fk off and watch Forest.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Monk - Coward on 22:44 - Jan 17 with 1501 viewsJokeren1943

m
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 22:45]
Monk - Coward on 22:44 - Jan 17 with 1501 viewsJokeren1943

Monk should have played defensely and tried to get a cheap draw (Chelsea is by far the best team in the league this season).

And played with fast counterattack (Emnes and Barrow) and Gomis.

Carrol is a nice dude, but he do not have a chance in midfield yet, against an outstanding Chelsea.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 22:48]
Monk - Coward on 22:48 - Jan 17 with 1478 viewsporschejack

Absolute Bollocks .
If anybody wants a kick in the arse its Alan Curtis , sits on the bench EVERY game and sucks his thumb.
Yes ,he was MY hero in the day , but its time he earned a bit of his lifestyle now .
Monk - Coward on 22:51 - Jan 17 with 1469 viewsTNT

Laudrup is the Kaant that told the Jacks to take his insipid defeat at C'ff 'On the chin'! Fark off!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Monk - Coward on 22:59 - Jan 17 with 1445 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 22:39 - Jan 17 by Darran

Yeah he has and you are a pr*ck.

Excellent - no need for the abuse Darran
Monk - Coward on 23:06 - Jan 17 with 1432 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 22:59 - Jan 17 by sixpenses

Excellent - no need for the abuse Darran

There's every need for it when it involves a c*nt like you.

Monk - Coward on 23:23 - Jan 17 with 1388 viewsjack247

Monk - Coward on 21:47 - Jan 17 by Parlay

This non pressing of the opposition really is becoming concerning now. a major reason why we now have far less possession. Its a glaring hole in our tactics.

In theory, it allows us to get back into shape quickly and become harder to break down. In reality, it prevents us from counter attacking at pace against disorganised opposition. It is probably contributing to Dyers poor form too, as winning back possession and breaking quickly is a big part of his game.
Monk - Coward on 23:29 - Jan 17 with 1370 viewswaynekerr55

Monk - Coward on 23:23 - Jan 17 by jack247

In theory, it allows us to get back into shape quickly and become harder to break down. In reality, it prevents us from counter attacking at pace against disorganised opposition. It is probably contributing to Dyers poor form too, as winning back possession and breaking quickly is a big part of his game.

Yeah the key is when and where we do it. The clip showed Gomis pressing on his own. Clearly the wrong decision. When we are close enough and have numbers we need to do it more.

Amazing how these 3 posts have provided more insight that the 'pundit' who is no doubt very well paid for by the licence fee that we pay...!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024