Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 38490 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:42 - Jan 19 with 1791 viewsC_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:19 - Jan 19 by _

So let me get this straight once and for all and end this shite argument here.

Are you saying being in the Europa league will have no affect ion a Premier League team's season whatsoever?

You would probably be the only person ever to say this.

Interesting (and laughable)

The effect is nowhere near enough to determine a whole season. It's a standard scape goat for sycophants such as yourself. Our results after away EL games last year;

Won 2, Drew 3. Lost 0

All those games in far away places.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk - Coward on 15:59 - Jan 19 with 1756 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 15:40 - Jan 19 by _

I'd like to believe that to be true but doubt it very much.

If this has happened it would be a good start to get the board back to a level of decorum and one I would adhere to.

It's 100% true that's why I don't post as much as I used to.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk - Coward on 16:00 - Jan 19 with 1761 views_

Gotta laugh.....

I started using the word sycophants a few months ago and it's exploded all over the shop since....

You can have that one CJ.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 16:00 - Jan 19 with 1757 views_

Monk - Coward on 15:59 - Jan 19 by Darran

It's 100% true that's why I don't post as much as I used to.

Monk - Coward on 16:05 - Jan 19 with 1739 viewsswan_si

most of what people post on this site is opinion
opinion should be respected, whether you agree with it or not.

some posts are based on fact
facts should be argued civilly, not by trying to belittle or threaten people.

i know this will take away some of the fun for some people, a few on this site need the confrontation, by engaging with these types, you're adding more fuel to the fire, and as the saying goes "if you play with fire you'll get burnt", i prefer to piss on the flames and move on.

when in doubt, ignore and move on
peace to all ( for now away)

[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 16:08]
Monk - Coward on 16:07 - Jan 19 with 1732 viewssnork44

Monk - Coward on 15:40 - Jan 19 by _

I'd like to believe that to be true but doubt it very much.

If this has happened it would be a good start to get the board back to a level of decorum and one I would adhere to.

Ok let's see you be respectful to fellow posters! I have notion that you will not be able to resist the chance to abuse anyone that has a different view to yourself! The thread began with you accusing the manager of being a coward, then the usual suspects come along like Warwick and then the Laudrup fanboy Spratty, bleating on how much different it would have been with the Great Dane in charge. Let's be honest we had a hell of a beating and the selection was a crap one, but there is not much Monk could have done apart from the fact Rangel should have started. But to call Monk a coward was below the belt, the guy was probably in shock at seeing his team being pulled apart so easily.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Monk - Coward on 16:14 - Jan 19 with 1720 viewswhiterock

Monk - Coward on 16:05 - Jan 19 by swan_si

most of what people post on this site is opinion
opinion should be respected, whether you agree with it or not.

some posts are based on fact
facts should be argued civilly, not by trying to belittle or threaten people.

i know this will take away some of the fun for some people, a few on this site need the confrontation, by engaging with these types, you're adding more fuel to the fire, and as the saying goes "if you play with fire you'll get burnt", i prefer to piss on the flames and move on.

when in doubt, ignore and move on
peace to all ( for now away)

[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 16:08]

We'll said that man, we are all Swansea fans although you'd never tell, some prefer the PM route with threats
Monk - Coward on 16:16 - Jan 19 with 1716 viewsswan_si

Monk - Coward on 16:14 - Jan 19 by whiterock

We'll said that man, we are all Swansea fans although you'd never tell, some prefer the PM route with threats

thank you, brother Whiterock
Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Coward on 16:21 - Jan 19 with 1705 views_

Monk - Coward on 16:07 - Jan 19 by snork44

Ok let's see you be respectful to fellow posters! I have notion that you will not be able to resist the chance to abuse anyone that has a different view to yourself! The thread began with you accusing the manager of being a coward, then the usual suspects come along like Warwick and then the Laudrup fanboy Spratty, bleating on how much different it would have been with the Great Dane in charge. Let's be honest we had a hell of a beating and the selection was a crap one, but there is not much Monk could have done apart from the fact Rangel should have started. But to call Monk a coward was below the belt, the guy was probably in shock at seeing his team being pulled apart so easily.

Why was it below the belt? Not in my opinion. It was justly deserved.

Sorry if you disagree but you can do that civilly, unlike the first few pages in this thread from posters who openly abused me.

If you're going to make a statement like you have above, first of all be fair, not just be anti the posters you don't like and also try not to abuse one of the best posters on here - Spratty - when making a post about being respectful.

Comprende? ;-)

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:18 - Jan 19 with 1634 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:14 - Jan 19 by _

Laudrup had to deal with God knows how many extra games, travelling to far and away places, rotating a squad in an attempt to keep everyone fresh and ready and lots of injuries. He also needed to get Bony up to speed because in fairness he looked lost from August to October.

You have your right to your opinion, I'll stick to my facts.

Highest Premier League finish.
Major Cup winners. Wow, facking WOW!!!!
Into Europe for the first time in 30 odd years but this time and for our only time, legitimately and not due to us being Welsh and one of the best teams in Wales.

Oh those days.....

Chris I don't disagree with any of this:

Highest Premier League finish.
Major Cup winners. Wow, facking WOW!!!!
Into Europe for the first time in 30 odd years but this time and for our only time, legitimately and not due to us being Welsh and one of the best teams in Wales.

He was OUTSTANDING in the first year. We are singing from the same hymn sheet there.

I agree he had a lot to deal with, but he didn't help himself by employing Mr sponge and bucket who brought on the soft tissue injuries.

Fact of the matter is he's fallen out with every club he's worked at and now he's in the desert... doesn't say a lot for him. They are facts comrade.

May I also add it's a damn shame, as there's nothing worse than seeing potential unfulfilled. He could have been great, and should have been great (up there with Pep et al,)!

[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 17:20]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:22 - Jan 19 with 1621 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:32 - Jan 19 by _

I can deal with that wholeheartedly.

I respect your challenging disagreement of opinion.

We may disagree Chris but your choice of vocabulary just made me laugh out loud in the office

Monk - Coward on 19:40 - Jan 19 with 1530 viewsperchrockjack

Disagree in civil manner.

Yes please.

I'm game.

Let's do it, let's fall in love.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 19 with 1516 viewsCatullus

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:19 - Jan 19 by _

So let me get this straight once and for all and end this shite argument here.

Are you saying being in the Europa league will have no affect ion a Premier League team's season whatsoever?

You would probably be the only person ever to say this.

Interesting (and laughable)

Now then, there were many on here who disagreed that the Europa was responsible for our downturn in form.
Just like those who denied it could happen (before the event when someone pointed out other teams who had slumped whilst in the Europa) and stuck to their guns.

I was in the "it could/did affect us" camp. But I also blamed Laudrup a bit for over rotating some players and never resting others (like Ash who seemed to play every week) and , in my opinion, it caused the team to misfire because some players lost form whilst others were tired. It caused a lack of cohesion.
There, I've said it. I didn't want to, but I've slated Laudrup!!!

Now, can't we put Laudrup where he belongs, in the history books? This is about Monk.
I'll repeat this, I don't think he's a coward. I think he was lost, clueless, didn't know what to do. And that, to me, is more worrying than being scared. You can get over fear, as long as you know what to do!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Monk - Coward on 20:29 - Jan 19 with 1475 viewsswancity

You do make some good points at times but this is not your finest hour. Hide your head in shame. Be disappointed and offer constructive criticism but don't use ridiculous words like coward when referring to a Club legend, our manager who has done a fine job thus far. Monk doesn't hide from anything, let alone a loss to a world class performance from Chelsea.

And yes I am ready for your response.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Monk - Coward on 20:31 - Jan 19 with 1471 viewsWitneyjack

Monk - Coward on 20:29 - Jan 19 by swancity

You do make some good points at times but this is not your finest hour. Hide your head in shame. Be disappointed and offer constructive criticism but don't use ridiculous words like coward when referring to a Club legend, our manager who has done a fine job thus far. Monk doesn't hide from anything, let alone a loss to a world class performance from Chelsea.

You'll be a long time waiting, he's left the board. See the non football board.
Monk - Coward on 09:28 - Jan 21 with 1367 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 20:29 - Jan 19 by swancity

Yet still OK for Monk to accuse Angel of cowardice in national media after the Hull loss last year? When he was again hiding from his own managerial responsibility

Is Rangel not a club legend?

As T2C said what term would you prefer? Our manager hiding silently in the dugout (when he is usually always in the area shouting instructions) whilst his team are dying on the pitch because his strategy has fallen apart. With a team that Mourinho said he knew he would win as soon as it was announced (but strangely not before when he already knew what players we had available for selection). Strangely he found his feet and voice when he apologised to his hero for not giving his team a game.

A person who lacks courage in facing difficulty -
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - Jan 21 with 1319 viewsParlay

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:42 - Jan 19 by C_jack

The effect is nowhere near enough to determine a whole season. It's a standard scape goat for sycophants such as yourself. Our results after away EL games last year;

Won 2, Drew 3. Lost 0

All those games in far away places.

Its cumulative fatigue not instant fatigue. So to show single results after European matches is a bit misleading.

We payed 60 games that season, of course we will be more fatigued than clubs who have played 15 matches less.

It has a huge impact on the season, it cannot be understated.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Monk - Coward on 10:21 - Jan 21 with 1311 viewssixpenses

Monk - Coward on 16:07 - Jan 19 by snork44

Fanboy Spratty - quite rude from a person who cannot admit hiding in your dugout whilst you strategy goes to hell in a handcart and the players are dying on the pitch is the opposite of brave.

If he is in shock at his own ineptitude such that he cannot support the team when they need it most then why is he getting paid millions to manage our PL team - surely that type of attribute was considered when they were deciding between the potential candidates
- oh of course silly me 1 selection criteria: knowing Swansea inside out, 1 candidate: a trainee

Now back to how much better it would be with the Great Dane in charge, where did I say that. I think you will find I did not. I can understand you thinking that given his record speaks for itself against Chelsea, even when they actually were the Champions of Europe and not just a team who had only won 1 in the last 5 away games before slaughtering us. But I am sure Bren could also have managed a much more spirited performance.

Surely you cannot disagree it was better to beat them than to merely think we could.

In fact it is quite ironic that the man who led us to the pinnacle of a top ten PL finish, the first major cup in our history and a great run in Europe was sacked for lacking ambition.

I swear one day I will look up irony and that will be cited as the definition.
Monk - Coward on 10:30 - Jan 21 with 1288 viewswaynekerr55

Monk - Coward on 10:21 - Jan 21 by sixpenses

Fanboy Spratty - quite rude from a person who cannot admit hiding in your dugout whilst you strategy goes to hell in a handcart and the players are dying on the pitch is the opposite of brave.

If he is in shock at his own ineptitude such that he cannot support the team when they need it most then why is he getting paid millions to manage our PL team - surely that type of attribute was considered when they were deciding between the potential candidates
- oh of course silly me 1 selection criteria: knowing Swansea inside out, 1 candidate: a trainee

Now back to how much better it would be with the Great Dane in charge, where did I say that. I think you will find I did not. I can understand you thinking that given his record speaks for itself against Chelsea, even when they actually were the Champions of Europe and not just a team who had only won 1 in the last 5 away games before slaughtering us. But I am sure Bren could also have managed a much more spirited performance.

Surely you cannot disagree it was better to beat them than to merely think we could.

In fact it is quite ironic that the man who led us to the pinnacle of a top ten PL finish, the first major cup in our history and a great run in Europe was sacked for lacking ambition.

Or one day you'll realise that Saint Michael had run his course with us.

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:36 - Jan 21 with 1276 viewsCatullus

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - Jan 21 by Parlay

Its cumulative fatigue not instant fatigue. So to show single results after European matches is a bit misleading.

We payed 60 games that season, of course we will be more fatigued than clubs who have played 15 matches less.

And that is a very good and valid point. As was pointed out by match commentators, at the end of the group stages, we had played ten games more than most other Premier teams.
Given that we did not have a large squad, fatigue was bound to cause issues. it's still a surprise to me that people can't grasp that.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Monk - Coward on 15:04 - Jan 21 with 1203 viewsStarsky

Just thought I'd check in on fanboy...
Yep, he's still talking about Laudrup

It's just the internet, init.

Monk - Coward on 15:14 - Jan 21 with 1191 viewslondonlisa2001

I genuinely don't understand how you can bring yourself to travel up and down the country following a team that is led by someone that you dislike so much.

I wouldn't waste my time to be honest.

Just as an aside. The result against Chelsea in the COC was fantastic, but let's not start pretending that when we played them at Stamford Bridge in the 1st leg that we were anything other than dominated. It was like a scene from the Alamo at times. We were just able to hold out through a mix of resilience and luck. And yes, I was there and celebrated as wildly as anyone else, but come on.

The difference between that and Saturday was the first goal. There are often games where we hold out and hold out, but once one goes in the 'better' team are able to relax, and play with the freedom that allows them to look at a different level. An example of the was the first Man City game in the PL where we held out for 60 minutes, once they scored once we were blown away. The problem on Saturday was that they scored in the first minute, so the weight of expectation was instantly lifted and they could relax and play with freedom. That doubled once the second went in - you could see it happen.

And he wasn't sacked for lacking ambition - I think you know that.
Monk - Coward on 15:25 - Jan 21 with 1169 viewsmonmouth

Monk - Coward on 15:04 - Jan 21 by Starsky

Just thought I'd check in on fanboy...
Yep, he's still talking about Laudrup

I heard a rumour that Laudrup had left us nearly a year ago Starsk. That can't be true for such a revered paragon can it? I assume that he must have done what Rodgers did. Who's he managing? Arsenal? Tottenham? Chelsea? Barcalona? Real? Those were the rumours after we helped him make his name as a manager after doing stuff all anywhere else weren't they. Presumably he had his choice if he left us, unless of course we were dying on our arse under his 'leadership'?. but that could never be the case could it?

I mean, if it was, he'd be in a football backwater grabbing the cash with TuttuFruttu in tow, totally forgotten except by the slightly unhinged, and none of that is likely, is it?.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:02 - Jan 21 with 1126 viewsC_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - Jan 21 by Parlay

Not with a sports science set up worth any salt. How many times do you think Chelsea/ Man City actually train during the season? Very little, in comparison to other pl teams. 'cumilative fatigue' as you call it l, is (should be) balanced or offset by the of removal of high intensity training, to aid recovery.

Players themselves love it. A direct quote from Ash : "players love to play more, and train less"

So that's travel and fatigue theory quashed, anything else?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk - Coward on 16:48 - Jan 21 with 1090 viewsMillie

Sorry to see you go Chris but my offer at Christmas still stands, no on should call a respected manager a coward on a public forum least of all you! Catch my drift?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024