Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The potential investment - brief corporate insight 15:50 - Jan 28 with 6771 viewsajmcglashan

Put down some quick thoughts this lunch time on the investment and potential impact given my corporate background:

http://www.theswanseaway.co.uk/2015/01/investment-expert-view.html#.VMkFKGisXV8
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 17:03 - Jan 28 with 5617 viewsfbreath

What investment or do you mean buying shares from existing share holders and these existing share holders putting the money into their own bank not Swansea Citys Bank account

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 17:28 - Jan 28 with 5590 viewsajmcglashan

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 17:03 - Jan 28 by fbreath

What investment or do you mean buying shares from existing share holders and these existing share holders putting the money into their own bank not Swansea Citys Bank account

That's one way to look at it - there will undoubtedly be "investment" by way of loans though if those shares are bought.
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 18:25 - Jan 28 with 5551 viewsajmcglashan

I should have said also that yes, the £30m or whatever is paid for the shares is likely to all go to the shareholders selling the shares.
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 01:05 - Jan 29 with 5418 viewsLord_Bony

The one positive of this if I may be so bold is this..

The new structure of the club under those new investors will be geared up to make sure we stay in the prem at the very minimum,especially in order to get the tv and merchandise money.

Basically, we will not be allowed to get relegated whatever it takes,they will throw everything including the kitchen sink into it if need be to make sure that does nt happen as they need the prem as a cash cow...just my opinion..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 01:25 - Jan 29 with 5407 viewsskippyjack

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 01:05 - Jan 29 by Lord_Bony

The new structure of the club under those new investors will be geared up to make sure we stay in the prem at the very minimum,especially in order to get the tv and merchandise money.

Basically, we will not be allowed to get relegated whatever it takes,they will throw everything including the kitchen sink into it if need be to make sure that does nt happen as they need the prem as a cash cow...just my opinion..

Well I hope we can discuss these 'loans' in the boardroom.. can the loans be manipulated in anyway?.. if he's going to debt us up.. we need get out of jail ideas.. if he loaned the club 30 million next season... I'd want assurances that if we're relegated the club have a 20 year period to repay that debt..even if he f*cks off.. only if we're relegated.. I'd like something like this written up in contract.. we don't want no Vincent Tan % us up..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 12:02 - Jan 29 with 5278 viewsajmcglashan

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 01:25 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

Well I hope we can discuss these 'loans' in the boardroom.. can the loans be manipulated in anyway?.. if he's going to debt us up.. we need get out of jail ideas.. if he loaned the club 30 million next season... I'd want assurances that if we're relegated the club have a 20 year period to repay that debt..even if he f*cks off.. only if we're relegated.. I'd like something like this written up in contract.. we don't want no Vincent Tan % us up..

Whenever loans are mentioned I'm sure everyone gets nervous because of the Cardiff /AL-Fayed situation. The board are level headed though and won't put us in a dodgy position I'm sure. The negotiations will be in very fine detail I'm sure.
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 14:14 - Jan 29 with 5224 viewssixpenses

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 12:02 - Jan 29 by ajmcglashan

Whenever loans are mentioned I'm sure everyone gets nervous because of the Cardiff /AL-Fayed situation. The board are level headed though and won't put us in a dodgy position I'm sure. The negotiations will be in very fine detail I'm sure.

Shocking that it is being entitled investment yet leads with the £30 mill that will be going in shareholders pockets and which these share buyers will want to recoup from out club although it has seen none of it. The smoke and mirrors continues.

Have you no concern making multi millions might not make at least some of them a little more giddy headed, most especially if they can see their potential millions disappearing on a point of principle.

Was this the same care for fine detail in contracts when we tried to recall Ki after Canas was injured on 11th Jan and out for 4 weeks. When It had previously been said we could recall Ki into Jan.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:21 - Jan 29 with 5221 viewssixpenses

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 12:02 - Jan 29 by ajmcglashan

Oops where did that come from
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 14:36]
Login to get fewer ads

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 14:27 - Jan 29 with 5202 viewsUxbridge

The history of football is littered with well-intentioned people overstretching themselves. And that's assuming any newbies are well-intentioned.

The only reason to take a loan on would be to extend the stadium IMO, and only then with strict controls regarding when it will be paid back. I rather hope we've learned our own history lessons there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 15:26 - Jan 29 with 5152 viewsApeShit

It is a misleading article, you don't mention loans at all in there.

"Huw and the boys" ... Say no more.
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 5094 viewsNookiejack

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 01:05 - Jan 29 by Lord_Bony

Why do the Yank's need to throw everything at it to avoid relegation. They just get their money back by selling all our players. Putting new players on £100 a week contracts and taking the parachute payments.
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 18:59 - Dec 20 with 4489 viewsDarran

Fuçk me not related to the bindipper are you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:02 - Dec 20 with 4462 viewsmonmouth

This hasn't aged well has it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:03 - Dec 20 with 4456 viewsswancity

The board are level headed though and won't put us in a dodgy position.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:08 - Dec 20 with 4429 viewschad

Glad you found it interesting

I certainly thought it was when I found it

Sixpenses rules (one poster thought my name was six penises but I said 6 too many)
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 19:09]
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:16 - Dec 20 with 4385 viewslonglostjack

Mmmmmm.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:16 - Dec 20 with 4386 viewsjacktheripper

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/19/swansea-city-owners-sale-takeov

Just a little reminder
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 19:18]
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:17 - Dec 20 with 4380 viewsDarran

Reading this thread has just made me realise there’s another bizarre connection.
I’m not posting it though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:18 - Dec 20 with 4362 viewsBobby_Fischer

Oh dear.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:27 - Dec 20 with 4308 viewsShaky

Link doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:28 - Dec 20 with 4303 viewslonglostjack

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:17 - Dec 20 by Darran

Reading this thread has just made me realise there’s another bizarre connection.
I’m not posting it though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:30 - Dec 20 with 4296 viewsShaky

Oh i see.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:30 - Dec 20 with 4296 viewsMattG

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:27 - Dec 20 by Shaky

Link doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

Nor me although it was there a week or so ago. Taken down?
The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:36 - Dec 20 with 4272 viewsBobby_Fischer

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:30 - Dec 20 by MattG

http://theswanseaway.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/investment-expert-view.html#.VMkFKGi

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:48 - Dec 20 with 4219 viewsShaky

The potential investment - brief corporate insight on 19:30 - Dec 20 by MattG

tl; dr

Edit: Oops = wrong post quoted
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 19:57]

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024