Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal away now MNF 15:09 - Apr 2 with 15710 viewsJBT95

8pm Monday 11th May.
Arsenal away now MNF on 20:06 - Apr 2 with 3825 viewsbuilthjack

Ffs

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Arsenal away now MNF on 20:28 - Apr 2 with 3792 viewsSwansNZ

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:51 - Apr 2 by stevethejack

Those two newly announced games pushes us over the 10 game TV payment, so the additional 2 games gives us an extra payment of £750,000 per game

Televised games:

August Saturday 16 Man U (a) - 12:45
October Sunday 19 Stoke (a) - 16:00
Saturday 25 LEICESTER (h) - 17:30
November Sunday 9 ARSENAL (h) - 16:00
December Sunday 7 West Ham (a) 13:30
Sunday 14 TOTTENHAM (h) 16:00
Monday 29 Liverpool (a) 20:00
February Sunday 1 Southampton (a) 16:00
March Monday 16 LIVERPOOL (h) 20:00
April Saturday 11 EVERTON (h) 12:45
May Monday 11 Arsenal (a) 20:00
Sunday 17 MAN CITY (h) 13:30

Good news for the club (££££££), but the Monday night away game would feck it up for quite a lot, I’m sure.

Sky/BT should really give 3 months notice, so people could plan in advance. But hey, they dictate when the games are on, and don’t give a sh1t about people attending the games, it’s the TV audience they care about, which is understandable.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Arsenal away now MNF on 20:33 - Apr 2 with 3783 viewsjack_lord

I pretty much can not go to the monday game - is it a cert that we cannot get money back?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Arsenal away now MNF on 20:49 - Apr 2 with 3757 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 20:28 - Apr 2 by SwansNZ

Good news for the club (££££££), but the Monday night away game would feck it up for quite a lot, I’m sure.

Sky/BT should really give 3 months notice, so people could plan in advance. But hey, they dictate when the games are on, and don’t give a sh1t about people attending the games, it’s the TV audience they care about, which is understandable.

Sky/BT deliberately limit their notice time to optimise selection of "key" games, because these are influenced by how the table is shaping up regarding title chase & relegation fight etc. Swans have been selling tickets sooner this season, well before any live games are announced.

Whichever way you carve it up, it's painful for loads of fans for all sorts of reasons. This time round, switching the Arsenal & City games are not too much bother for me.
Arsenal away now MNF on 20:55 - Apr 2 with 3737 viewsSwansNZ

Arsenal away now MNF on 20:49 - Apr 2 by JethroJack

Sky/BT deliberately limit their notice time to optimise selection of "key" games, because these are influenced by how the table is shaping up regarding title chase & relegation fight etc. Swans have been selling tickets sooner this season, well before any live games are announced.

Whichever way you carve it up, it's painful for loads of fans for all sorts of reasons. This time round, switching the Arsenal & City games are not too much bother for me.

Yes, I know why Sky leave it late. They ‘should’ give more notice — but hey, they pay their billions, so control who plays when, and can do as they like. They are a broadcasting company, so why would they care about someone trying to attend the game. They’d rather you stay at home and watch it on Sky!

Arsenal away now MNF on 22:58 - Apr 2 with 3619 viewsDyfnant

Arsenal away now MNF on 20:49 - Apr 2 by JethroJack

There hasn't been a prem game for 10 days, this announcement should've been the day after

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Arsenal away now MNF on 23:01 - Apr 2 with 3616 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Arsenal away now MNF on 16:21 - Apr 2 by Sweyns_Eye

"Those two newly announced games pushes us over the 10 game TV payment, so the additional 2 games gives us an extra payment of £750,000 per game "

fantastic news that! Just think what the club can do with that

That's Grimes paid for. WHALLOP

Is he any good?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Arsenal away now MNF on 23:53 - Apr 2 with 3565 viewsowainglyndwr

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:21 - Apr 2 by Oldjack

Man c changed too a Sunday aswell 1.30 ko

I am well chuffed with the City game change I am working on the Sat so I get to the last home game.
Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal away now MNF on 00:30 - Apr 3 with 3543 viewsGrandPrix

Oh well, kids have missed the last 2 seasons liverpool home games because of MNF. Too late on a school night.
Ruins it for families wanting to go.

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Arsenal away now MNF on 06:39 - Apr 3 with 3460 viewsnavyjack

Agree its late in the day to let people know.fans are never considered in these decisions!. Nevertheless, Monday suits me as im in the smoke for the army navy rugby on the Saturday so can now make a weekend of it.
so if anyone has a spare they want to shift at a discounted rate, Im available!.cheers!
Arsenal away now MNF on 07:41 - Apr 3 with 3430 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 22:58 - Apr 2 by Dyfnant

There hasn't been a prem game for 10 days, this announcement should've been the day after

Even then, the game shift would have happened after tickets went on sale.
Arsenal away now MNF on 07:45 - Apr 3 with 3426 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 20:55 - Apr 2 by SwansNZ

Yes, I know why Sky leave it late. They ‘should’ give more notice — but hey, they pay their billions, so control who plays when, and can do as they like. They are a broadcasting company, so why would they care about someone trying to attend the game. They’d rather you stay at home and watch it on Sky!

Yes...I know they would rather you stay at home & watch it on Sky.
Arsenal away now MNF on 08:12 - Apr 3 with 3401 viewsairedale

This will be the same problem for people when they introduce Friday night football too.

Reading the comments above about the TV companies, the [hundreds of?] people adversely affected by switching matches to Monday night is probably of little signifigance in the big [global] picture.
Arsenal away now MNF on 08:48 - Apr 3 with 3373 viewsbuilthjack

There must be hundreds of our supporters who can't make it now

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Arsenal away now MNF on 08:54 - Apr 3 with 3366 viewsmonmouth

Arsenal away now MNF on 07:45 - Apr 3 by JethroJack

Yes...I know they would rather you stay at home & watch it on Sky.

They are only interested in selling subscriptions mate. After that they don't care if you go to the match, stay at home, go to the pub or go down the dogs.

It's the casual viewer that will watch any football when their team aren't playing and the plastic big club punters that they are targeting with Sunday Monday and Friday single matches....to buy subscriptions for the whole package. The fact it deters and inconveniences some away fans is wholly incidental but if pressed the yes they would say...well you can always watch it on Sky.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Arsenal away now MNF on 10:47 - Apr 3 with 3175 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 08:54 - Apr 3 by monmouth

They are only interested in selling subscriptions mate. After that they don't care if you go to the match, stay at home, go to the pub or go down the dogs.

It's the casual viewer that will watch any football when their team aren't playing and the plastic big club punters that they are targeting with Sunday Monday and Friday single matches....to buy subscriptions for the whole package. The fact it deters and inconveniences some away fans is wholly incidental but if pressed the yes they would say...well you can always watch it on Sky.

Hope SwansNZ is taking note.
Arsenal away now MNF on 11:12 - Apr 3 with 3151 viewsSwansNZ

Arsenal away now MNF on 10:47 - Apr 3 by JethroJack

Hope SwansNZ is taking note.

Yes. I'll stay at home and watch it, but not on Sky - they lost the PL 2 years ago, down here

Arsenal away now MNF on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 3118 viewsDyfnant

Arsenal away now MNF on 07:41 - Apr 3 by JethroJack

Even then, the game shift would have happened after tickets went on sale.

We haven't had an away game this season that hasn't made it to general sale, so your point is pretty irrelevant

Arsenal away now MNF on 12:52 - Apr 3 with 3055 viewsMrgrumpy

Arsenal away now MNF on 20:33 - Apr 2 by jack_lord

I pretty much can not go to the monday game - is it a cert that we cannot get money back?

Clubs told they must refund tickets when matches postponed

Football clubs have been told that they must offer disappointed fans the option of ticket refunds when matches are postponed because of the weather or television commitments.

The Office of Fair Trading made Tottenham Hotspur remove conditions that "tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged under any circumstances" from its website following complaints from supporters. The consumer watchdog also asked the football associations of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to remind all member clubs to make sure ticketing conditions comply with the law.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/05/tottenham-hotspur-ticket-refunds
Arsenal away now MNF on 14:45 - Apr 3 with 2968 viewsJBT95

This is the club's fault for selling tickets before the game was confirmed. I bet they won't give anybody their money back.
Arsenal away now MNF on 15:34 - Apr 3 with 2934 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 11:34 - Apr 3 by Dyfnant

We haven't had an away game this season that hasn't made it to general sale, so your point is pretty irrelevant

Not irrevelant for those fans who bought tickets before the general sale...obviously
[Post edited 3 Apr 2015 15:36]
Arsenal away now MNF on 15:49 - Apr 3 with 2916 viewsmattjenkins1990

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:34 - Apr 3 by JethroJack

Not irrevelant for those fans who bought tickets before the general sale...obviously

fk sky, fk murdoch.

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Arsenal away now MNF on 22:17 - Apr 3 with 2764 viewsDyfnant

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:34 - Apr 3 by JethroJack

The point is you might as well wait for general sale. If not get a refund

Arsenal away now MNF on 00:34 - Apr 4 with 2703 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 22:17 - Apr 3 by Dyfnant

The point is you might as well wait for general sale. If not get a refund

No, the point is that you should read the whole thread before you jump in with irrelevant comments. Getting tickets before general sale has 2 potential advantages...1. The liklihood of getting better seats, 2. avoids the possibility of missing out if there are no tickets left for general sale. Both outweigh the risk of games being shifted.
Arsenal away now MNF on 15:01 - Apr 4 with 2605 viewsSTEVE1

Arsenal away now MNF on 14:45 - Apr 3 by JBT95

This is the club's fault for selling tickets before the game was confirmed. I bet they won't give anybody their money back.

I tried a few years ago when I was going to go to middlesborugh I was afraid of the roads on the way up there was very heavy snow they refused to refund however the game then got called aat they refunded my money, they told me if there is a date change they will refund
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024