Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal away now MNF 15:09 - Apr 2 with 15720 viewsJBT95

8pm Monday 11th May.
Arsenal away now MNF on 19:37 - Apr 4 with 3080 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Arsenal away now MNF on 19:34 - Apr 2 by swans11

Well that's probably screwed me over will have change work days now to make that. They need to look at this I understand it's better to have tickets on sale early but surely the date should be fixed first. Why have waited so long to pick televised fixtures for April

I know it's going off subject, but I first heard the term "screw me over" in that Gotye song a couple of years ago. Did he invent it? The term is used fairly often nowadays. It's a strange turn of phrase and I'm quite surprised that it seems to be catching on.
Arsenal away now MNF on 19:40 - Apr 4 with 3073 viewsJJJack

Personally I'm delighted as cricket season starts 1st May so I can now watch 2 games I would otherwise have missed. I think they should have announced this latest batch at least a couple of weeks ago but I also think the amount of whingeing is hilarious given
a) You can get refunds on tickets/hotels/trains etc
b) If you'd waited you'd till easily have been able to get tickets for the Arsenal game
c) It's been this way for years and Sky rule the roost.....seriously don't get why people complain about this.
Arsenal away now MNF on 06:05 - Apr 5 with 2950 viewsScoobyWho

The club are doing refunds on match tickets ?
You sure ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Arsenal away now MNF on 07:31 - Apr 5 with 2940 viewsswans11

Arsenal away now MNF on 06:05 - Apr 5 by ScoobyWho

The club are doing refunds on match tickets ?
You sure ?

Did anyone try yesterday. They had problems with card system so don't know if they could do refunds unless they paid it in cash
Arsenal away now MNF on 08:16 - Apr 5 with 2928 viewsImAlrightJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 19:40 - Apr 4 by JJJack

Personally I'm delighted as cricket season starts 1st May so I can now watch 2 games I would otherwise have missed. I think they should have announced this latest batch at least a couple of weeks ago but I also think the amount of whingeing is hilarious given
b) If you'd waited you'd till easily have been able to get tickets for the Arsenal game
c) It's been this way for years and Sky rule the roost.....seriously don't get why people complain about this.

a) not all hotels allow refunds
b) not everyone waits like that, they get tickets early for the best view
c) they shouldn't it's the FA Premier League not Sky Premier League.
Arsenal away now MNF on 08:18 - Apr 5 with 2926 viewsDr_Winston

Sky will move games. They pay the bills and that is their right. We knew what we were getting into when we got promoted and it's a price worth paying.

They should be required to give more notice than this though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:12 - Apr 5 with 2849 viewsjacksfullaces

Arsenal away now MNF on 07:31 - Apr 5 by swans11

Did anyone try yesterday. They had problems with card system so don't know if they could do refunds unless they paid it in cash

called in at the ticket office yesterday on way to my seat.

this chap came outside to talk to 1-2 different people all with the same query - i.e what is the situation now we can't use these tkts due to the rescheduling.

very sympathetic, was taking a long list of aggrieved parties contact details with a view to contacting us next week - not clear whether that would be to give an out and out refund but he was very sympathetic to our plight.
Arsenal away now MNF on 15:41 - Apr 5 with 2833 viewsDafyddHuw

Arsenal away now MNF on 16:21 - Apr 2 by Sweyns_Eye

"Those two newly announced games pushes us over the 10 game TV payment, so the additional 2 games gives us an extra payment of £750,000 per game "

fantastic news that! Just think what the club can do with that

That's a Sky generation response.
Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:45 - Apr 5 with 2825 viewsDyfnant

Arsenal away now MNF on 08:16 - Apr 5 by ImAlrightJack

a) not all hotels allow refunds
b) not everyone waits like that, they get tickets early for the best view
c) they shouldn't it's the FA Premier League not Sky Premier League.

Getting tickets early in no way guarantees you a better view, it's pot luck

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Arsenal away now MNF on 17:10 - Apr 5 with 2795 viewslibertyx

I also rang ticket office yesterday and was told they were waiting for a decision from the club. Took my season ticket number, how many tickets I wanted refunded and said they would ring me next week.
I know Liverpool do refunds its in their terms and conditions as long as the tickets are returned 14 days before the match
.Everton also do refunds.
Arsenal away now MNF on 17:31 - Apr 5 with 2781 viewsbuilthjack

Arsenals terms and conditions state that a refund can be given. Away fans 5.2.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Arsenal away now MNF on 22:21 - Apr 6 with 2642 viewsDyfnant

So anyone actually had a refund yet?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Arsenal away now MNF on 23:54 - Apr 6 with 2582 viewsjack_lord

Arsenal away now MNF on 17:31 - Apr 5 by builthjack

Arsenals terms and conditions state that a refund can be given. Away fans 5.2.

It does say that Arsenal give refunds but it also says that the visiting club may have their own policy. I contacted the club about this but I have not had a response yet. My daughter still wants to go but she is blinking 10, it is a school night and I would have to take two days off work.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Arsenal away now MNF on 12:30 - Apr 7 with 2510 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

Just called the ticket office. “The club will decide on whether they give supporters a refund in the next 7 to 10 days”.
Arsenal away now MNF on 12:37 - Apr 7 with 2500 viewsJJJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:45 - Apr 5 by Dyfnant

Getting tickets early in no way guarantees you a better view, it's pot luck

Exactly. People just LOVE being first to buy something. I've never understood this concept. Bit like twots who fight to get into the shops coz there's a sale on......seriously??
"A better view"......? What, at Arsenal? Holy Christ, has this guy never seen that ground? Not a diminished view anywhere in the place!!
Arsenal away now MNF on 12:48 - Apr 7 with 2490 viewsGlyn1

We're happy to take their tens of millions of pounds, so we knew that there would be a price to pay, and this is it. They've bought the Premier League and they can do whatever they like with it.

What would be wrong is if the club don't give refunds to people who have already bought their tickets - what's the position about that?

UPDATE: Just noticed that Dr Winston has already said this, but better.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 12:50]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Arsenal away now MNF on 13:19 - Apr 7 with 2469 viewsJJJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 12:48 - Apr 7 by Glyn1

We're happy to take their tens of millions of pounds, so we knew that there would be a price to pay, and this is it. They've bought the Premier League and they can do whatever they like with it.

What would be wrong is if the club don't give refunds to people who have already bought their tickets - what's the position about that?

UPDATE: Just noticed that Dr Winston has already said this, but better.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 12:50]

Having said all I've said, I'd still be horrified if the Club didn't reimburse people ....we'd only be talking a few hundred tickets I'd guess? So, say £25 x 300 = £7.5k
Arsenal away now MNF on 13:26 - Apr 7 with 2464 viewsImAlrightJack

Arsenal away now MNF on 12:37 - Apr 7 by JJJack

Exactly. People just LOVE being first to buy something. I've never understood this concept. Bit like twots who fight to get into the shops coz there's a sale on......seriously??
"A better view"......? What, at Arsenal? Holy Christ, has this guy never seen that ground? Not a diminished view anywhere in the place!!

What a old of cr@p both of you are splurting, let alone metaphors.

People want to get tickets as soon as they go on sale in case they sell out fast!!!. We don't have crystal balls to find out of it goes to Gen Sale!.
Arsenal away now MNF on 13:59 - Apr 7 with 2444 viewsScoobyWho

Arsenal away now MNF on 13:19 - Apr 7 by JJJack

Having said all I've said, I'd still be horrified if the Club didn't reimburse people ....we'd only be talking a few hundred tickets I'd guess? So, say £25 x 300 = £7.5k

Had we already cleared 2,600 before the announcement ?

I know a few now who can go as a result of the Monday switch. Including me.

Swings and thingys.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:15 - Apr 7 with 2401 viewsSA73Swan

Bit dated but.........

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/05/tottenham-hotspur-ticket-refunds
Arsenal away now MNF on 15:23 - Apr 7 with 2383 viewsbuilthjack

Read article 7. on the back of the match ticket. It seems that the small print shows you are entitled to a refund.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Arsenal away now MNF on 18:33 - Apr 7 with 2335 viewsImAlrightJack

The fuss being kicked up regarding the view....... each time I got tickets for away games 4-7 days before the match, I was always at the very back. The tickets I got for Arsenal this time round, look pretty decent considering its the Emirates after I looked at a map of the seating plan.
Arsenal away now MNF on 21:05 - Apr 7 with 2287 viewsNewhousemustscore

Arsenal away now MNF on 19:40 - Apr 4 by JJJack

A) you are wrong. A friend of mine bought advance rail tickets for the family and booked a premier inn room in advance. She did this in advance because it's cheaper. You can't get refunds on either.
B) you don't know you will definitely get tickets - some away games do sell out.
C) people complain because Sky could easily announce them earlier and avoid losing money.
Arsenal away now MNF on 00:02 - Apr 8 with 2219 viewsSweyns_Eye

Arsenal away now MNF on 15:41 - Apr 5 by DafyddHuw

That's a Sky generation response.

Not at my age. But its a silver lining to the undoubted hassle caused to all the away fans who can't now attend. In a perfect world I'd like to see the dedicated fan who traipses up and down the country to support his/her team win out every time, but unfortunately Sky calls the shots.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Arsenal away now MNF on 16:36 - Apr 8 with 2120 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

Arsenal away now MNF on 13:19 - Apr 7 by JJJack

Indeed, about 7-8K. Spot on. Compare the tiny cost of "goodwill" compared to the cash the club will make out of this fixture being televised. This is Swansea City and its fans, or have the club forgotten that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024