Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attacking options 15:42 - Jun 17 with 8188 viewsDull1Thomas

Realistically we have Bafe supported by Ayew & Emnes.

Of the players recently mentioned in connection to us who would be favoured? And, do we need support or competition for Bafe.

Bas Dost £10,000,000 26 yoa (9 from 29 )
Ryan Babel £8,000,000 28 yoa (20 from 36)
Stefano Okaka £4,000,000 25 yoa (4 from 34 — 16 moves in 11 seasons!)
Aleksandar Mitrovic £12,000,000 20 yoa (27 from 50)
Odion Ighalo,£8,000,000 26 yoa (20 from 30 Championship — 14 moves in 7 seasons)
Loic Remy £14,000,000 28 yoa 9 from 29
Luc Castaignos £4,000,000 22 yoa (14 from 35)

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Attacking options on 16:02 - Jun 17 with 6686 viewsshandyjack

Mitrovic and 100% yes we need competition(not back up) for Baf. going with 1 main striker and a few players who can 'do a job' there is not good enough

Poll: Expectation for the season

Attacking options on 16:06 - Jun 17 with 6673 viewstomdickharry

We wouldn't pay £8M farthings for Mr Babel and its 9 from 29.
Attacking options on 16:28 - Jun 17 with 6627 viewsAnotherJohn

One outside bet is missing from the list. This player has scored 28 goals in 67 games in the competitions we play in. He would cost us nothing in transfer fees, and can play central striker or AM. I think that when you put his record against the rivals listed he is still worth a punt.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2015 17:00]
Attacking options on 16:36 - Jun 17 with 6592 viewsmagicdaps10

Dont think we need to spend big but if Mitrovic is a possibility then we should go for him.

If Mitrovic is not on then i would plump for either Okaka or Castaignos due to their age, value and possible sell on amount.

A player totally left field that i would like us to look at is Leonard Kweuke, in his latter 20s but has goals in him and big and strong.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Attacking options on 16:40 - Jun 17 with 6581 viewseddie71

Agree on Mitrovic, another left field for me would be Rudy Gestade 26 (32 in 60 for Blackburn) would be fairly cheap and a big aggresive unit.
Attacking options on 16:52 - Jun 17 with 6553 viewsmagicdaps10

Gestede has been linked to us and at the right price should be considered but Kweuke would be available for 2/3M

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A9onard_Kweuke

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Attacking options on 16:56 - Jun 17 with 6540 viewsLeonisGod

Attacking options on 16:28 - Jun 17 by AnotherJohn

One outside bet is missing from the list. This player has scored 28 goals in 67 games in the competitions we play in. He would cost us nothing in transfer fees, and can play central striker or AM. I think that when you put his record against the rivals listed he is still worth a punt.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2015 17:00]

Michu's not going to be fit enough again, or at least that's my reading on it. I'd love to be proved wrong though and to see him rediscover his form of the first season. (I assume that's who you are talking about).

imo we need another top, top quality striker. If there's a chance that Mitrovic can become that then so be it, even at £12m. If we can snap up a potential star of the future then go for it.
Attacking options on 17:01 - Jun 17 with 6522 viewsRancid

It'll be an understudy to Gomis or he'll tell his agent he wants out again.A promising youngster is the answer, someone happy to cut his teeth with the odd cup game and league start.A marquee signing and Gomis will be grumping again.
Login to get fewer ads

Attacking options on 17:02 - Jun 17 with 6514 viewsLeonisGod

Attacking options on 17:01 - Jun 17 by Rancid

It'll be an understudy to Gomis or he'll tell his agent he wants out again.A promising youngster is the answer, someone happy to cut his teeth with the odd cup game and league start.A marquee signing and Gomis will be grumping again.

Fine, let him grump and leave imo. If we can improve the first team we shouldn't be held to ransom by him (and I'd be surprised if the board let that happen).
Attacking options on 17:03 - Jun 17 with 6504 viewsRancid

Attacking options on 17:02 - Jun 17 by LeonisGod

Fine, let him grump and leave imo. If we can improve the first team we shouldn't be held to ransom by him (and I'd be surprised if the board let that happen).

He's good enough to be our number 1 anyway.
Attacking options on 17:46 - Jun 17 with 6424 viewsEdmundo

Babel. Merely for experience of the Prem. Castaignos for a prospect....at a good price 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Attacking options on 20:08 - Jun 17 with 6257 viewsKansas_Swan

Attacking options on 17:46 - Jun 17 by Edmundo

Babel. Merely for experience of the Prem. Castaignos for a prospect....at a good price 👍

22 goals in 146 appearances for Liverpool? pass
Attacking options on 03:56 - Jun 18 with 6042 viewsWanderer

Hal Robson Kanu anyone?
Attacking options on 04:26 - Jun 18 with 6031 viewsHip

1) Mitrovic 2) Rhodes 3) Castaignos

I think both Rhodes and Castaignos would score goals and be happy to play 2nd fiddle.
Attacking options on 06:46 - Jun 18 with 5974 viewsSwan91

If we don't get mitrovic then I would be happy signing Luc castaignos(according to news we can sign him for £2mill) and then also sign Ryan babel (also said to have a 2 mill asking price).

This would give us Gomis, castaignos and Babel as strikers

and then Ayew, routledge (and possibly michu if he comes back to us) as players who play just behind the striker.
Attacking options on 07:02 - Jun 18 with 5951 viewsSwaneeRiver

Attacking options on 16:02 - Jun 17 by shandyjack

Mitrovic and 100% yes we need competition(not back up) for Baf. going with 1 main striker and a few players who can 'do a job' there is not good enough

I agree with Mitrovic being the most exciting and best option for the club, with a potentially massive talent to sell on as we did with Bony.
We have a main striker in Bafe who is mature, we need a younger back up as cover Mitrovic would offer a n exciting option (and when we need two up front, what a pairing they could be)
Attacking options on 09:24 - Jun 18 with 5835 viewsAl_Bundy

Why do people think Emnes is a striker ?

At best he did this in the Championship and wasn't really effective at Middlesbrough!

He's a 25 minute support and float around player at best and we want to use him as back up striker?
Attacking options on 09:41 - Jun 18 with 5815 viewsJackSomething

Attacking options on 03:56 - Jun 18 by Wanderer

Hal Robson Kanu anyone?

He has my thanks for his efforts for Wales, but no thanks. His missing of a very presentable chance against Belgium was evidence he isn't a top class striker, as if we needed any more evidence.

People are turning up their nose at Babel's record for Liverpool, but Robson-Kanu has 34 goals in 233 appearances. That's half the amount of goals Ayew has scored (at a higher level) but many don't seem to consider Ayew as a striking option. Bizarre.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Attacking options on 09:56 - Jun 18 with 5801 viewsraynor94

After the signing of Ayew, anyone on here who thinks we will spend 12 million on a striker is quite clearly barking, another loan will be the order of the day

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Attacking options on 10:51 - Jun 18 with 5756 viewstomdickharry

Attacking options on 09:56 - Jun 18 by raynor94

After the signing of Ayew, anyone on here who thinks we will spend 12 million on a striker is quite clearly barking, another loan will be the order of the day

If Gomis gets injured for any length of time with the current strikers we have we will be in serious trouble,a quality new striker is a must.
Attacking options on 10:56 - Jun 18 with 5745 viewsDewi1jack

Attacking options on 17:03 - Jun 17 by Rancid

He's good enough to be our number 1 anyway.

Don't disagree with this.
But, to keep him sharp and having to play to his best (if he wants to be playing every game) we could do with someone able to mount a challenge to him.
Someone young, hungry for a chance to prove himself/ wanting a move to a 'bigger' club would be ideal.
Luc Castaignos? 22 year old, couple of million. Only trouble is, he may want to be playing regularly, same with Mitrovic. Both in my opinion, could push Bafe for the start.
Don't think the board would sanction £12 million for a "back up" though.
But, with the stupid amount of TV money about to go insanely crazy, you can't say never. Maybe they see good strikers as worth their weight in Sky money.
Babel, Remy? Can't see it being Remy, when he's 28 or 29 and a high fee. Babel is quite old as well (although cheap! IMHO, cheap for a reason.)
As all of the players everyone's listing have been linked by the press, we always seem to do business outside of the press box. Don't think Vincent's ever forgiven us for cutting him out of the loop!!
Although sooner or later, I s'pose even the chip wrappers have to get things right, even if it's just by sheer weight of chance

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Attacking options on 11:05 - Jun 18 with 5727 viewsJackSomething

Attacking options on 09:56 - Jun 18 by raynor94

The club had a taste last year of what it's like to have two expensive, highly-paid players who both expect to play, but we only have 1 position to play them in. I don't think they liked it and won't be looking to repeat it, hence the signing of Ayew and the links with other players who can play more than one position (Babel, Castaignos).

I agree with you that it if we sign another out-and-out striker, it will be a loan signing.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2015 11:06]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Attacking options on 11:14 - Jun 18 with 5703 viewsJackofdreambeach

God forbid a serious injury to Gomis.

We have little cover . The right positions are being filled thus far.

If , all our big guns are kept hold of....then 3 or 4 high calibre signings might do it.
Lack of depth in the 'Striker' berth the concern for me though
Attacking options on 12:09 - Jun 18 with 5654 viewstomdickharry

When the name of Babel is mentioned I shudder god forbid we have moved on from him.
Attacking options on 12:18 - Jun 18 with 5638 viewsraynor94

Attacking options on 11:14 - Jun 18 by Jackofdreambeach

God forbid a serious injury to Gomis.

We have little cover . The right positions are being filled thus far.

If , all our big guns are kept hold of....then 3 or 4 high calibre signings might do it.
Lack of depth in the 'Striker' berth the concern for me though

How much are these 3 or four high calibre signings going to cost? I'm more than happy with a on loan hungry striker, and a back up keeper will give u a competitive squad

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024