Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride tomorrow 23:04 - Jun 26 with 17505 viewsDarran

Another complete and utter waste of the countries money.
Just f*ck off and get on with your lives.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pride tomorrow on 23:10 - Jun 26 with 4074 viewsscottishjack

It's a strange one isn't it? I've got no problem with gay folk, but having a day to celebrate the fact seems a bit odd.
Pride tomorrow on 23:12 - Jun 26 with 4065 viewslatchford

Fu@k me I actually agree with you on this one Darren.
Can you imagine the fuss if there was a heterosexual festival?
Pride tomorrow on 23:12 - Jun 26 with 4064 viewsBanosswan

Pride tomorrow on 23:10 - Jun 26 by scottishjack

It's a strange one isn't it? I've got no problem with gay folk, but having a day to celebrate the fact seems a bit odd.

What's more odd is the demand for medication to lower the risk of aids. Suit up mun!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Pride tomorrow on 23:13 - Jun 26 with 4062 viewsllareggub

disagree ...........civil rights are civil rights if it wasn't for this minority pushing for law changes an legislation to protect their community then i shudder to think where they might be today ........good luck to them i say its no skin off my nose they should enjoy the same rights as everyone else .
Pride tomorrow on 23:15 - Jun 26 with 4047 viewsDarran

Pride tomorrow on 23:12 - Jun 26 by latchford

Exactly my friend.

Pride tomorrow on 23:17 - Jun 26 with 4037 viewsSwanzay

Just like making lowering road side curbs in my eyes, why bother!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2015 23:17]
Pride tomorrow on 23:23 - Jun 26 with 4012 viewsSwanzay

Are you going? Youll have fun, sounds like you need a day out!
Pride tomorrow on 23:43 - Jun 26 with 3963 viewslondonlisa2001

What part of 'the country's money' is that then?
Login to get fewer ads

Pride tomorrow on 23:44 - Jun 26 with 3955 viewsbuilthjack

I blame Frankie Howard and John Inman

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pride tomorrow on 23:57 - Jun 26 with 3936 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 23:12 - Jun 26 by latchford

When was the last time a group of gay people murdered a heterosexual for being straight?
Can't think of one?
What about listing the countries where being straight is illegal and punishable by death? Can't think if one?
What about the countries that today in 2015 finally passed a law that two consenting straight adults could choose their next of kin? Can't think of one?
Well perhaps that's the difference then?
Just a thought.
Pride tomorrow on 23:57 - Jun 26 with 3936 viewsChrisSCFC

FML I actually agree with one of your posts. Why these weirdo's feel the need to parade it is beyond me.
Pride tomorrow on 00:01 - Jun 27 with 3928 viewsItchySphincter

Pride tomorrow on 23:57 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

When was the last time a group of gay people murdered a heterosexual for being straight?
Can't think of one?
What about listing the countries where being straight is illegal and punishable by death? Can't think if one?
What about the countries that today in 2015 finally passed a law that two consenting straight adults could choose their next of kin? Can't think of one?
Well perhaps that's the difference then?
Just a thought.

Why do they have to talk all funny though?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pride tomorrow on 00:07 - Jun 27 with 3915 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 23:57 - Jun 26 by ChrisSCFC

FML I actually agree with one of your posts. Why these weirdo's feel the need to parade it is beyond me.

It's beyond me why anyone that is comfortable with their own sexuality is bothered by it.
There again, perhaps some people aren't?
Pride tomorrow on 00:14 - Jun 27 with 3903 viewsDarran

Pride tomorrow on 00:07 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

It's beyond me why anyone that is comfortable with their own sexuality is bothered by it.
There again, perhaps some people aren't?

Nonsense Lisa it's a massive waste of money and should be banned,there's no need for it.

Pride tomorrow on 00:24 - Jun 27 with 3890 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 00:14 - Jun 27 by Darran

Nonsense Lisa it's a massive waste of money and should be banned,there's no need for it.

What money?
It doesn't cost the public money - it's corporate sponsored up to the absolute hilt. Companies fall over themselves to give Pride money. Tomorrow is being sponsored by loads of companies with Barclays and citi being the main ones I think and other including Tesco.
The parade is being led by injured servicemen and women who happen to be gay. The Met police will be marching in numbers. The whole thing is a great celebration day out full of people that are gay and straight having a party to celebrate living in a free country.
What about other events that do actually cost money? Carnival for example - now that does cost public money because the policing outweighs the contribution (unlike Pride).
What abut any event - the Marathon for example? Why not ban that?
Pride tomorrow on 00:34 - Jun 27 with 3872 viewsDarran

Pride tomorrow on 00:24 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

What money?
It doesn't cost the public money - it's corporate sponsored up to the absolute hilt. Companies fall over themselves to give Pride money. Tomorrow is being sponsored by loads of companies with Barclays and citi being the main ones I think and other including Tesco.
The parade is being led by injured servicemen and women who happen to be gay. The Met police will be marching in numbers. The whole thing is a great celebration day out full of people that are gay and straight having a party to celebrate living in a free country.
What about other events that do actually cost money? Carnival for example - now that does cost public money because the policing outweighs the contribution (unlike Pride).
What abut any event - the Marathon for example? Why not ban that?

Who's paying for the policing etc?

Pride tomorrow on 00:43 - Jun 27 with 3862 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 00:34 - Jun 27 by Darran

Who's paying for the policing etc?

Pride pay for it from the corporate sponsorship. There is not a huge police presence actually since it is the most good natured event you could imagine (unlike some other events).
They also pay for road closures and any costs of cleaning up etc afterwards. The parks police are also paid for for the main event after the parade.
It doesn't cost London anything - in fact it generates money due to people coming into London for it from all over the world.
There will be an additional police presence all over London this weekend because of the events in Tunisia (there are various war related events happening as well) and they will step it up at Pride but that's simply because of the people gathered together.
All these sorts of events pay for policing - none of them cost the public anything - that's why they raise millions in corporate deals to look after all that sort of stuff.
Pride tomorrow on 01:07 - Jun 27 with 3844 viewsDull1Thomas

Pride tomorrow on 00:43 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Pride pay for it from the corporate sponsorship. There is not a huge police presence actually since it is the most good natured event you could imagine (unlike some other events).
They also pay for road closures and any costs of cleaning up etc afterwards. The parks police are also paid for for the main event after the parade.
It doesn't cost London anything - in fact it generates money due to people coming into London for it from all over the world.
There will be an additional police presence all over London this weekend because of the events in Tunisia (there are various war related events happening as well) and they will step it up at Pride but that's simply because of the people gathered together.
All these sorts of events pay for policing - none of them cost the public anything - that's why they raise millions in corporate deals to look after all that sort of stuff.

Got a feeling the public cost for policing is about the same as a couple of Premier League games.
TBF we have a democracy that encourages public demonstration and welcomes peaceful activities such as Pride.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Welsh choir leading the events in memory of the Miners bands leading the march in 1985.
I can sort of understand homophobes, people who have conflicted sexuality, the selfish, the ultra prudish and religious extremists being upset by public expressions of peace and love but I can only feel a sense of pride that I live in country which is, for the time being, not afraid of democracy.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Pride tomorrow on 01:13 - Jun 27 with 3838 viewsUxbridge

What Lisa said.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Pride tomorrow on 02:20 - Jun 27 with 3808 viewsphact0rri

FME seriously? All this "I'm not a biggot but why do are these weird people go about doing their thing?". As others have said its because they need to. Its a reminder that a fragment of the population are in fact gay. And you can call them freaks, feel like they are wasting the country's money, feel that they aren't like you, and awful heathen bastards. But it doesn't matter. They will be here tomorrow no matter how much abuse and spit you throw their way. And they will have the parade next year, and the year after.

Heterosexuals can go to pride. and the more that go, the less need for it there will be. When everyone celebrates and treats people at an equal measure there will be no need for gay pride.

But reading this thread, there is definitely a need for it.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Pride tomorrow on 07:09 - Jun 27 with 3738 viewsHumpty

Pride tomorrow on 00:43 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Heh! Gay hating tool get's completely owned by Lisa.

Well done Lisa.
Pride tomorrow on 08:31 - Jun 27 with 3678 viewsdgt73

Where is this pride thing happening ? Hopefully nowhere where I'll be.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Pride tomorrow on 08:39 - Jun 27 with 3658 viewsVetchitBack

Surely when a society (rightly) accepts homosexuality then this sort of thing is pretty unnecessary.

It clearly promotes the sort of otherness that I thought that community was striving against.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Pride tomorrow on 08:41 - Jun 27 with 3656 viewsjackportis

If I went I would certainly be cheering the party goers. Think they should be applauded and hands need to be shaked. It makes me proud how much the country is moving on. Good on them

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Pride tomorrow on 09:50 - Jun 27 with 3554 viewsbuilthjack

We do have to live and let live these days, where every single person is accepted in society. That's the way it is and that's the way it will be from now on. It could be anyone's son or daughter so we, even older ones,have to move on.
I can see where Darrans coming from though, if we all want to live side by side why flaunt your gayness with stupid voices. Just get on with it in a normal way.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024