Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew 09:56 - Aug 9 with 3059 viewsmidswan

played really well yesterday,obviously, but just a thought i had....do you think he is best suited to being on the right (although he drifts around ) Just wonder how he would be in the Siggy role ? More involvement etc, certainly has the strength,technique,link up play and finishing ability. Further i dont recall him actually putting in a cross etc , he just doesnt look or play like a wide man.
Just a thought.
Ayew on 11:08 - Aug 9 with 2867 viewsRancid

He seems the type of player you just give a free role to.Gylffi needs to up his game a notch as well and keep up with the rest of the team.
Ayew on 11:27 - Aug 9 with 2766 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ayew on 11:08 - Aug 9 by Rancid

He seems the type of player you just give a free role to.Gylffi needs to up his game a notch as well and keep up with the rest of the team.

I think this is correct. I think Gary has given him a free role. He holds the ball well. Is very aggressive and confident. The finish was pure class.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ayew on 11:32 - Aug 9 with 2736 viewsDr_Winston

Don't know if we can afford a free role player as well as Shelvey's unpredictable genius. Think Ayew will have a lot of leeway to get himself into goalscoring positions (think Sinclair during the promotion season) but will generally remain wider.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew on 11:38 - Aug 9 with 2700 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ayew on 11:32 - Aug 9 by Dr_Winston

Don't know if we can afford a free role player as well as Shelvey's unpredictable genius. Think Ayew will have a lot of leeway to get himself into goalscoring positions (think Sinclair during the promotion season) but will generally remain wider.

Not sure I agree with that one. Jon Jo has a lot more discipline about him nowadays. Also Gary has leaned towards only playing one out and out winger for a while now. Ayew is coming inside more and holding up the ball well rather than hugging the touch line. I think his free role is actually helping the side. He is also very mobile and has a good engine to help him in this task.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ayew on 11:41 - Aug 9 with 2687 viewsRancid

I think he could play the Gylffi role very well and linking up with Gomis could be fun.I'd love to see him making runs into the box from Montero type crosses.Great option to have either way.
Ayew on 11:47 - Aug 9 with 2652 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew on 11:38 - Aug 9 by Private_Partz

Not sure I agree with that one. Jon Jo has a lot more discipline about him nowadays. Also Gary has leaned towards only playing one out and out winger for a while now. Ayew is coming inside more and holding up the ball well rather than hugging the touch line. I think his free role is actually helping the side. He is also very mobile and has a good engine to help him in this task.

Not saying that Shelvey can't be disciplined. Since "The Bollocking" he's been arguably our most consistent performer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew on 11:50 - Aug 9 with 2628 viewsRancid

I'll look forward to Shelvey playing those 30 yard through balls for our frontmen to run onto all season.He was superb yesterday.
Ayew on 11:51 - Aug 9 with 2612 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ayew on 11:47 - Aug 9 by Dr_Winston

Not saying that Shelvey can't be disciplined. Since "The Bollocking" he's been arguably our most consistent performer.

This is true and long may it continue. I am sure the red mist will decent on the odd occasion. I just hope he continues to keep in check for that vast majority of the time.

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew on 12:01 - Aug 9 with 2557 viewsSwanzay

Ayew took his goal superbly, he had alot of work too do and two top defenders to deal with.
Also a special mention for JJS his distribution yesterday was phenomenal, especially the two through balls to Gomis, JJS was a man on a mission yesterday.
Ayew on 12:03 - Aug 9 with 2537 viewsjruss1

He's a wide player. One game and people trying to shoe horn him into other positions for no reason what so ever.
Ayew on 12:19 - Aug 9 with 2478 viewsicecoldjack

Ayew on 11:08 - Aug 9 by Rancid

I think that's a touch Un fair on gylfi myself.

He worked harder than any other swans player Covering 11,7 km which put him joint top in distance covered with matic .

So while gylfi wasn't running the show with the ball he was still making a massive contribution without it.

Moving players and creating space with movement is just as important and probably why jonjo had a great game.

I think we out foxed Chelsea there myself, Jose thought gylfi would pull the strings IMO , but he moved around and jonjo wad playing the killer passes instead. monk may well have played a blinder there. Gylfi s distance covered showed there was something clever going on IMO.
Ayew on 12:20 - Aug 9 with 2471 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew on 12:03 - Aug 9 by jruss1

He's a wide player. One game and people trying to shoe horn him into other positions for no reason what so ever.

HE's also known as a second striker although I do agree with you anyway. Ayew and Jeff should be first choice wingers. I feel a bit sorry for Gylfi - he does his best work in the top third and yesterday was not the game for him, at least not until Cork came on. We are going to find it difficult to play JJS, Gylfi and Ki as Cork pretty much has to play, especially if there is no Leon Britton.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ayew on 12:24 - Aug 9 with 2437 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ayew on 12:03 - Aug 9 by jruss1

Not at all. I watched him on You Tube and I actually mistakenly thought we had signed a central striker to cover Bafi.
I will be very surprised if he plays the role of a Montero or Dyer. I think there is much more to his game. Most of his goals have come from central positions rather than him being a provider out wide.
Time will tell though . :-)
[Post edited 9 Aug 2015 12:26]

Ayew on 12:33 - Aug 9 with 2382 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew on 12:24 - Aug 9 by Private_Partz

Not at all. I watched him on You Tube and I actually mistakenly thought we had signed a central striker to cover Bafi.
I will be very surprised if he plays the role of a Montero or Dyer. I think there is much more to his game. Most of his goals have come from central positions rather than him being a provider out wide.
Time will tell though . :-)
[Post edited 9 Aug 2015 12:26]

His ability across the front three is one of the reasons why the hysteria over not signing another striker was so misplaced.

Not sure I agree with the comments on Gylfi though. His ability to both create and score make him almost indispensable for me. If people are looking to get Cork in there arguably Ki is the more like for like replacement.

Ayew on 12:40 - Aug 9 with 2346 viewsRancid

I've probably been a bit harsh on Gylffi, probably due to Ayew's abilities.
Ayew on 12:43 - Aug 9 with 2330 viewsjack247

The Gylfi role seems very difficult to play under our new formation. Gylfi himself is a lot more effective playing it in a 4-3-3/4-5-1. No issue at all with that, as it enhances us in other areas (Jonjo playing the quarterback role especially) and the results keep coming in.

I would think in our old formation, he would be in direct competition with Gylfi for that role, with the wingers sticking more rigidly to position. in this one, both are likely to play, with Ayew having licence to drift like yesterday.
Ayew on 13:22 - Aug 9 with 2214 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ayew's natural game is as a wide player who will drift in to central positions when necessary.

He will also get in the box and win his fair share of headers for posession/scoring goals. Two upgrades on Sinclair.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024