Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fickle fans. 09:26 - Nov 22 with 1740 viewsjimmyquipment

got to say it, its easy to get behind our team during the good times. but for some on here they've never witnessed the real bad times. now, i'm getting on in years, well into my fifties and watching the swans since the early seventies and seeing some real rough times. its times like this that your team and boss need your support not the effin booing i heard yesterday. lost my head and started rowing with the people close to me who did. now, I've walked from grounds all over the UK many times when we've played bad. but i would never boo my team. they need us now, get behind them and don't fall for this media frenzy who are looking to rock the boat down here, god forbid we and up like that shower up the road.
fickle fans. on 09:30 - Nov 22 with 1726 viewsjasper_T

Shit's still shit, even if it ain't as dark as it was in your day.
fickle fans. on 09:32 - Nov 22 with 1709 viewsraynor94

I'm of the older generation, and would never dream of booing, I've backed Garry from the beginning but sadly yesterday proved he can't get the best out of a talented squad if nothing changes, we are in for a real relegation scrap, one I fear we will lose

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

fickle fans. on 09:36 - Nov 22 with 1689 viewsTrundle10

I do not boo either but this sycohphantic "getting behind the team" is a load of nonsense. We all want Swansea to win but equally we as supporters have also got the right to be concerned if things not going well
fickle fans. on 09:37 - Nov 22 with 1684 viewsAngelRangelQS

These players earn tens of thousands a week. Their performances have been inexcusable for months. They're all quick enough to take the adoration of the fans when they're doing well so should be big enough to take the flack when it's not.

These are professionals out to make as much coin as possible, not a bunch of good honest local lads representing the club they love. They deserve all they get
fickle fans. on 09:42 - Nov 22 with 1651 viewsSwaneeRiver

i have never booed the manager or fans and I didn't yesterday.
However a performance has to judged at it's level.
This isn't the 1970's and Southport, Hartlepool, etc.
We are playing Liverpool, Man City, West Ham & Leicester over the next few weeks, all of whom can give us a roasting if we don't perform to our best.
Nothing to do with short memories, we just want the great days to continue.
Yesterday's performance was unacceptable.
fickle fans. on 09:42 - Nov 22 with 1649 viewsJackanapes

We didnt just start playing shyt yesterday. If we had booed after one bad half, that would be fickle. Booing after three straight months of shyt is understandable, not fickle.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

fickle fans. on 09:42 - Nov 22 with 1648 viewsDewi1jack

Agree with what Jimmy and Rayns state, booing the team is just wrong.
I know some think that "you pays you money, you have a right to boo if you want" , but it p1sses more people off than agree with you.
I "pays my money" as well and it isn't to hear clowns booing.
If you really are that upset, do what a few in the East did and walk out, as they did after the 2nd goal.
They'll get far more respect from me than someone with the IQ of a Goldfish booing.

Bet the ones who left early stay to the end when their 1st team (Citey/ Liverpool/ Yernited/ Arsenal etc etc) are in town

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

fickle fans. on 09:56 - Nov 22 with 1610 viewsSwaneeRiver

fickle fans. on 09:42 - Nov 22 by Dewi1jack

Agree with what Jimmy and Rayns state, booing the team is just wrong.
I know some think that "you pays you money, you have a right to boo if you want" , but it p1sses more people off than agree with you.
I "pays my money" as well and it isn't to hear clowns booing.
If you really are that upset, do what a few in the East did and walk out, as they did after the 2nd goal.
They'll get far more respect from me than someone with the IQ of a Goldfish booing.

Bet the ones who left early stay to the end when their 1st team (Citey/ Liverpool/ Yernited/ Arsenal etc etc) are in town

Disagree with your last statement - they are probably the same ones who leave five minutes before the end when it's on a knife edge against Manure, Citeh, whoever, to beat the traffic
Login to get fewer ads

fickle fans. on 10:26 - Nov 22 with 1548 viewsjimmyquipment

fickle fans. on 09:42 - Nov 22 by SwaneeRiver

i have never booed the manager or fans and I didn't yesterday.
However a performance has to judged at it's level.
This isn't the 1970's and Southport, Hartlepool, etc.
We are playing Liverpool, Man City, West Ham & Leicester over the next few weeks, all of whom can give us a roasting if we don't perform to our best.
Nothing to do with short memories, we just want the great days to continue.
Yesterday's performance was unacceptable.

agree yesterdays performance was one of the worse I've seen in years, however i firmly believe that booing must put every one on edge, you could see the panic in the players after we went a goal down and we turned from a loud vociferous stadium into a load of moaning
tw@ts. if your not happy with the performance just leave and come back when the glamour games are on.
fickle fans. on 10:29 - Nov 22 with 1538 viewsDr_Winston

fickle fans. on 10:26 - Nov 22 by jimmyquipment

agree yesterdays performance was one of the worse I've seen in years, however i firmly believe that booing must put every one on edge, you could see the panic in the players after we went a goal down and we turned from a loud vociferous stadium into a load of moaning
tw@ts. if your not happy with the performance just leave and come back when the glamour games are on.

Players and management are happy enough to accept the plaudits and cheers when they play well. Criticism when they don't is part of the package.

Always has been, always will be.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fickle fans. on 10:30 - Nov 22 with 1529 viewsSwaneeRiver

fickle fans. on 10:26 - Nov 22 by jimmyquipment

Which part of "I didn't boo" don't you get ?
I never leave the stadium before the end either and I watch the games against the glamour teams like Villa, WBA, Stoke, etc so you are having a go at the wrong type of supporter.
fickle fans. on 10:32 - Nov 22 with 1524 viewsDafyddHuw

I'd never dream of booing. Just leaves a bad taste. However, my impression was that it wasn't the team being booed, more the management.
fickle fans. on 10:33 - Nov 22 with 1521 viewsjimmyquipment

fickle fans. on 10:29 - Nov 22 by Dr_Winston

Players and management are happy enough to accept the plaudits and cheers when they play well. Criticism when they don't is part of the package.

Always has been, always will be.

This post has been edited by an administrator

criticism is well deserved at the moment and i criticize as much as the next man but booing, come on that's hardly criticism is it.
fickle fans. on 10:34 - Nov 22 with 1516 viewsDr_Winston

fickle fans. on 10:33 - Nov 22 by jimmyquipment

criticism is well deserved at the moment and i criticize as much as the next man but booing, come on that's hardly criticism is it.

Unless the club start allowing fans to conduct 1-2-1 performance reviews with the players then how else do you suggest they let their displeasure be known?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fickle fans. on 10:36 - Nov 22 with 1506 viewsjimmyquipment

fickle fans. on 10:30 - Nov 22 by SwaneeRiver

Which part of "I didn't boo" don't you get ?
I never leave the stadium before the end either and I watch the games against the glamour teams like Villa, WBA, Stoke, etc so you are having a go at the wrong type of supporter.

not having a pop at you old chap, agreeing with you actually.
fickle fans. on 10:38 - Nov 22 with 1496 viewsjimmyquipment

fickle fans. on 10:34 - Nov 22 by Dr_Winston

Unless the club start allowing fans to conduct 1-2-1 performance reviews with the players then how else do you suggest they let their displeasure be known?

send a strongly worded letter and sign it Mr angry from Swansea.
fickle fans. on 16:03 - Nov 22 with 1366 viewsSwaneeRiver

fickle fans. on 10:36 - Nov 22 by jimmyquipment

not having a pop at you old chap, agreeing with you actually.

Fair enough.
Just got back online so no offence taken
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024