Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Mcgregor 05:49 - Dec 13 with 6025 viewsAquinas

I don't expect too many to be up watching this (its 5:47am) but he is definitely the most recognisable combat sportsman from GB and Eire. An undisputed superstar who has a bigger following than anyone in UFC.

However, not too many casual sport fans in the UK know about him. Definitely a polarising character, but if he beats Aldo he will have conquered the world.

Edit: I'll qualify 'most recognisable' by adding 'worldwide'. In the UK, he is way behind AJ, Froch, Khan.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 5:50]
Conor Mcgregor on 05:50 - Dec 13 with 4391 viewsJonnyTheJack

I have Aldo winning. Can't pick against a guy who hasn't lost in so long plus he looked so much better at the weigh ins yesterday.

I want Conor to win though. If he does his star power will be insane.
Conor Mcgregor on 05:55 - Dec 13 with 4384 viewsJonnyTheJack

OH MY GOD
Conor Mcgregor on 05:56 - Dec 13 with 4380 viewsAquinas

Aldo knocked out with the first punch.

It lasted 20 seconds. wow.
Conor Mcgregor on 05:57 - Dec 13 with 4378 viewsChrisSCFC

Conor Mcgregor on 05:57 - Dec 13 with 4376 viewsAquinas

Definitively the biggest GB and Eire star in America.
Conor Mcgregor on 06:46 - Dec 13 with 4323 viewsSwanjaxs

Brutal

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Conor Mcgregor on 08:51 - Dec 13 with 4252 viewsepaul

Conor Mcgregor on 06:46 - Dec 13 by Swanjaxs

Brutal

13 fkin seconds!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Conor Mcgregor on 08:56 - Dec 13 with 4244 viewsjack247

Worldwide, he is miles ahead of any current British boxer. Pretty much anyone here who watches UFC/MMA has at least a passing interest in boxing. The reverse isn't necessarily true. He won't get the exposure our top boxers do while MMA remains a non mainstream sport in the UK.

Recorded it and just finished watching, really not sure if a rematch is justified there, finished him with a single left hook, but the fight didn't go on long enough to establish whether he would have dominated, anyone can get knocked out when a punch lands flush.

Weidman Rockhold was brutal.
Login to get fewer ads

Conor Mcgregor on 09:06 - Dec 13 with 4227 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nice punch.

Poll: Tory leader

Conor Mcgregor on 10:03 - Dec 13 with 4164 viewsTheFranchise

Conor Mcgregor on 09:06 - Dec 13 by exiledclaseboy

Nice punch.

It was a hard match to call, I think McGregor is great and no doubt now that he is the real deal.
Conor Mcgregor on 10:26 - Dec 13 with 4134 viewsepaul

Conor Mcgregor on 10:03 - Dec 13 by TheFranchise

It was a hard match to call, I think McGregor is great and no doubt now that he is the real deal.

Wait till he's F5'd

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Conor Mcgregor on 10:33 - Dec 13 with 4122 viewslifelong

He knocks his man out and then punches him to the head a few times while he's sparked out on the deck, feckin animals.
Conor Mcgregor on 10:38 - Dec 13 with 4115 viewsdickythorpe

Lovely bloke to boot. He met the recently bereaved daughter of a work colleague whilst she was in Dublin for her 40th and couldn't have been more kinder and pleasant. A gentleman out of the ring.
Conor Mcgregor on 10:42 - Dec 13 with 4110 viewsjack247

Conor Mcgregor on 10:33 - Dec 13 by lifelong

He knocks his man out and then punches him to the head a few times while he's sparked out on the deck, feckin animals.

That's the referees job to stop. It's not like boxing, if these guys aren't knocked out, they are very dangerous on the ground.

I think the ref was caught slightly off guard because it is so rare to knock someone out that quickly. Once he realised Aldo was unable to defend himself, he stopped it immediately.
Conor Mcgregor on 10:47 - Dec 13 with 4097 viewsdickythorpe

Good pay though.
Conor Mcgregor on 10:53 - Dec 13 with 4088 viewsTheFranchise

We need to go through this evertime?
Conor Mcgregor on 13:14 - Dec 13 with 3990 viewsHighjack

Was it worth staying up until 5:47 am just to watch a bloke get knocked out in ten seconds?

You can go down wind street for dinner and see that and still be home in time for match of the day.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Conor Mcgregor on 13:22 - Dec 13 with 3976 viewsjack247

Conor Mcgregor on 13:14 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Was it worth staying up until 5:47 am just to watch a bloke get knocked out in ten seconds?

You can go down wind street for dinner and see that and still be home in time for match of the day.

Not really, I was hoping for and expecting a war. They have had a world tour promoting this fight that seems to have gone on for the best part of a year. I think it was their biggest ever card. Bit of an anticlimax really. The undercard was very good though. The co-main event would have headlined any other card.
Conor Mcgregor on 15:27 - Dec 13 with 3910 viewsJonnyTheJack

Conor Mcgregor on 13:14 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Yes because I'm a fan of MMA. The fights started at 1am so there was plenty of talent in the prelims and the main card was as stacked as it could get. The co main was great and the Nelson - Maia fight showcased some of the best jiu-jitsu in MMA.

The casual might have been pis*ed off with it but f*ck em.
Conor Mcgregor on 15:31 - Dec 13 with 3900 viewsraynor94

Aye, you would be arrested if you did that in the street

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Conor Mcgregor on 15:38 - Dec 13 with 3886 viewsChrisSCFC

Conor Mcgregor on 15:31 - Dec 13 by raynor94

And?
Conor Mcgregor on 15:40 - Dec 13 with 3882 viewsChrisSCFC

Conor Mcgregor on 15:27 - Dec 13 by JonnyTheJack

Yes because I'm a fan of MMA. The fights started at 1am so there was plenty of talent in the prelims and the main card was as stacked as it could get. The co main was great and the Nelson - Maia fight showcased some of the best jiu-jitsu in MMA.

The casual might have been pis*ed off with it but f*ck em.

Exactly it was worth it just for the Rockhold - Weidman fight. Epic.
Conor Mcgregor on 15:46 - Dec 13 with 3872 viewsDr_Winston

Conor Mcgregor on 15:31 - Dec 13 by raynor94

He didn't do it in the street though.

You might as well claim that if he did it in low Earth orbit he'd get a massive sunburn before rapidly expiring from oxygen deprival and exploded lungs for all the relevance it has.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Conor Mcgregor on 16:10 - Dec 13 with 3845 viewswaynekerr55

Conor Mcgregor on 15:46 - Dec 13 by Dr_Winston

He didn't do it in the street though.

You might as well claim that if he did it in low Earth orbit he'd get a massive sunburn before rapidly expiring from oxygen deprival and exploded lungs for all the relevance it has.

You are Warwick and I claim my five pounds

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Conor Mcgregor on 17:41 - Dec 13 with 3786 viewsMrSwerve

Sick of hearing about this chap...what a shite primitive sport.

He punched someone out. Woopee.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024