Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye Guidolin 16:21 - Apr 2 with 13024 viewsawayjack

Curtis deserves all the credit if we stay up. Guidolin has no excuses about sickness etc . Stoke missing 5/6 key players and we've not had a shot. Get rid of him now and put Curt back in charge.
Bye Guidolin on 16:39 - Apr 2 with 5105 viewsMagic_Michu

All the chanting needs to be for Curtis against Man City on the last day of the season

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Bye Guidolin on 16:40 - Apr 2 with 5098 viewsawayjack

Yup. True legend. If anyone deserves a statue..
Bye Guidolin on 16:51 - Apr 2 with 5059 viewsStarsky

Bye Guidolin on 16:40 - Apr 2 by awayjack

Yup. True legend. If anyone deserves a statue..

What bad timing with that first post. Lol ... Or good timing

It's just the internet, init.

Bye Guidolin on 16:57 - Apr 2 with 4955 viewsmonmouth

Bye Guidolin on 16:51 - Apr 2 by Starsky

He still needs to get to know our players. lets see if today makes any difference. Also, maybe we want Gomis in the shop window. Who knows.

Anyway I've decided I deserve a drink now.

Ho ho, barcodes lost. See ya Shelvo.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bye Guidolin on 16:58 - Apr 2 with 4941 viewsLeonisGod

Bye Guidolin on 16:51 - Apr 2 by Starsky

Indeed.

FG was bought in to keep us up. He's pretty much done that with games to spare. Of course Curt has had a big role to play in that, but it was obvious in Jan that we needed someone extra. Curt himself was reluctantly willing to step up, although said he'd happily step back when the right man was found.

So this anti-Guidolin stuff is just stupid. He had the balls to join us when others didn't and gave us a lift. We should appreciate him more.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 16:59]
Bye Guidolin on 17:02 - Apr 2 with 4855 viewsOldjack

I was gonna say thank heavens for chest infections ,but once those shackles came off we looked a different- much better team

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bye Guidolin on 17:05 - Apr 2 with 4782 viewsMagic_Michu

He was only pressurised and forced into taking the shackles off in the 2nd half today.

Bye Guidolin on 17:08 - Apr 2 with 4744 viewsKulusBeatFactory

ridiculously embarrassing thread - the man's fulfilled his brief, no?
Login to get fewer ads

Bye Guidolin on 17:09 - Apr 2 with 4712 viewsMagic_Michu

Only thanks to a chest infection and Curtis taking over again

Bye Guidolin on 17:10 - Apr 2 with 4685 viewsOldjack

Bye Guidolin on 17:05 - Apr 2 by Magic_Michu

He was only pressurised and forced into taking the shackles off in the 2nd half today.

Perhaps the pennies dropped now and we'll get to our very best

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bye Guidolin on 17:11 - Apr 2 with 4679 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bye Guidolin on 17:08 - Apr 2 by KulusBeatFactory

ridiculously embarrassing thread - the man's fulfilled his brief, no?

Yes, but now we need to think about next season and whether he's the man we want in charge. Personally, I'm not convinced. Far from it.

Poll: Tory leader

Bye Guidolin on 17:11 - Apr 2 with 4656 viewsicecoldjack

Credit to FG i say.

His remit is to make us safe, not play like Barca and lose !

It's horses for courses until we are safe, the fact he can make the right changes in a game situation shows he has tactical nous .

I honestly think people are being overly harsh on the manager, it's £150m quid at stake and he seems to be cautious because of this IMO.

It's been clear to see that the swans have been poor in a football sense for 18months it won't get fixed on a budget in a relegation scrap with a manager learning the players strengths and weaknesses .
IMO. He has gone about the job the right way, we need to re evolve not start from scratch.

I'd like to see how he sets up if we are mathematically safe .
Bye Guidolin on 17:11 - Apr 2 with 4653 viewsmacthejack

Yes Guido has done the job he was brought in to do and for that I thank him but that's a 'football is a results game' mindset prevalent under the Monk regime. We desperately need to retain our passing attacking style and I've seen no evidence to suggest the FG will be able to manage that.
Bye Guidolin on 17:12 - Apr 2 with 4639 viewsDr_Winston

Bye Guidolin on 17:11 - Apr 2 by exiledclaseboy

Yes, but now we need to think about next season and whether he's the man we want in charge. Personally, I'm not convinced. Far from it.

I've said before, but I expect him to be gone regardless.

Still deserves a hell of a lot more respect than he gets though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bye Guidolin on 17:14 - Apr 2 with 4591 viewsjackjackjackjack

When Curtis was in sole charge there were people on here saying he was out of his depth, and Huw needed to get a "proper" manager in.

We got a "proper" manager, he's helped us get away from relegation, and still people have something to whinge about.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Bye Guidolin on 17:20 - Apr 2 with 4507 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bye Guidolin on 17:11 - Apr 2 by macthejack

Yes Guido has done the job he was brought in to do and for that I thank him but that's a 'football is a results game' mindset prevalent under the Monk regime. We desperately need to retain our passing attacking style and I've seen no evidence to suggest the FG will be able to manage that.

What do think the second half was then, if not passing, attacking style?
Bye Guidolin on 17:20 - Apr 2 with 4510 viewssP7qupUf

I am not sure if he is the man for the job BUT the players are not his. He plays a different system but hasn't got the players to do it at present. Maybe if he stays he will bring in guys that suit his style and things will be very different. Bottom line is he was asked to do a job and he's done it. To keep slagging him of is not at all gracious.
Bye Guidolin on 17:21 - Apr 2 with 4476 viewsLeonisGod

Bye Guidolin on 17:11 - Apr 2 by macthejack

That's true too. These are two separate issues that are not mutually exclusive. Guidolin has (almost) fulfilled his brief with a lot more games to spare than anyone would have hoped for. So he deserves huge credit.

Whether he's the best man to take us forward is a separate issue. I've got no idea how he'd change (if at all) given a whole pre-season and transfer window. Would we see massive changes to our style? I was surprised at how little he's changed things since coming in, and it seems contrary to what we've heard about him from his previous roles. Has he been deliberately holding off making changes for fear of making things worse / or because he doesn't have the players he wants? I've no idea, but on paper his teams should be a more exciting prospect than we've seen in the last few months.
Bye Guidolin on 17:22 - Apr 2 with 4472 viewsRancid

All will be revealed in the remaining matches.Yep, he's kept us up and has always maintained we'd be different under him when not in a relegation battle .We'll get to see now.It's all there for him.A returning and hungry Montero might be the difference between him being here next season or not.If he thought Montero might not be suited to a relegation fight then he may well be right.And if this was his plan all along then the guy is a genius.
Bye Guidolin on 17:24 - Apr 2 with 4432 viewsawayjack

Do you honestly think Guidolin deserves credit for today? Delighted we got a point but the team he and tactics he selected was woeful. We only started playing well when we put wingers / width on the game. For me he's done nothing to merit getting the he job next year and Curtis should get the credit. Give him his money and thanks and say goodbye.
Bye Guidolin on 17:27 - Apr 2 with 4399 viewsDr_Winston

Bye Guidolin on 17:24 - Apr 2 by awayjack

Do you honestly think Guidolin deserves credit for today? Delighted we got a point but the team he and tactics he selected was woeful. We only started playing well when we put wingers / width on the game. For me he's done nothing to merit getting the he job next year and Curtis should get the credit. Give him his money and thanks and say goodbye.

Was he not in charge for the second half then?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bye Guidolin on 17:30 - Apr 2 with 4336 viewsraynor94

Dear me, haven't you embarrassed yourself enough already? what a glutton

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bye Guidolin on 17:30 - Apr 2 with 4327 viewsawayjack

Yes but the subs seemed more out of panic than tactics. Let's be honest two howlers from their keeper or we'd have got nothing. Would you keep him next year ?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 17:31]
Bye Guidolin on 17:31 - Apr 2 with 4309 viewsOldjack

Yes he did ,since he been here he's played the cautions game ,hoping to sneak a draw or a 1-0 win ,from here on in we should now see his attacking game like we saw today after going 2 down which he's famous for ,if we don't he'll be gone ,if he does and wins games he'll be staying put hopefully

Bye Guidolin on 17:35 - Apr 2 with 4250 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bye Guidolin on 17:20 - Apr 2 by A_Fans_Dad

What do think the second half was then, if not passing, attacking style?

Passing, keeping possession and attacking. Thank heavens Frankie was not ill or Curt would have had all the credit and our manager none. the fact is we have the makings of a very good team here. To break this up and goback on the market for a new gaffer is madness at this moment in time.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024