Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin wants Fer 01:48 - May 13 with 9464 viewsforkbeard

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Francesco-Guidolin-keen-permanent-deal-L
Guidolin wants Fer on 08:27 - May 16 with 1844 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:04 - May 16 by monmouth

Yes indeed. Out-think the opposition, turn players into better players, and talent spot early to build teams not outbid them for 'glamour' individuals. Football manager has a lot to answer for.

Obviously Man City can afford to have a different model and their players are more the finished article but..... one thing that impressed me most with them yesterday was the way they were clearly ruthlessly drilled in where to be at certain times. Crosses were never aimless, they were always cut back and passed to where the striker knew to be. When they broke from corners, they never had to look, they played it left where Aguero would go - every time. That sort of stuff can be coached. We should try it.

We've gone from a team that couldn't even manage throw ins properly to one that looks like it's had some sort of vague semblance of coaching, even if those dicey free kicks yesterday show that we're still far from the finished article.

Quality coaching allied to a consistent game plan can turn a team into far more than the sum of its parts. That's the lesson that we somehow allowed ourselves to forget in the rush to purge the Spanish influence from the squad, and one that hopefully FG can drum back into the board, never mind the team.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:37 - May 16 with 1823 viewsItchySphincter

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:04 - May 16 by monmouth

Yes indeed. Out-think the opposition, turn players into better players, and talent spot early to build teams not outbid them for 'glamour' individuals. Football manager has a lot to answer for.

Obviously Man City can afford to have a different model and their players are more the finished article but..... one thing that impressed me most with them yesterday was the way they were clearly ruthlessly drilled in where to be at certain times. Crosses were never aimless, they were always cut back and passed to where the striker knew to be. When they broke from corners, they never had to look, they played it left where Aguero would go - every time. That sort of stuff can be coached. We should try it.

You are describing a ream with better players.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:54 - May 16 with 1787 viewsSwansNZ

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:37 - May 16 by ItchySphincter

You are describing a ream with better players.

That's paper talk.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Guidolin wants Fer on 10:09 - May 16 with 1734 viewsjasper_T

Fer to me looks like he doesn't find senior professional football very interesting. He's got technical ability but unless he has the chance to dribble around or throw in a tackle he doesn't wake up.

He's made obvious effort in some games at getting his positioning right, working for the team etc. but it never lasts 90 minutes.

We have enough squad players for the midfield. What we want is a new starter to run it.
Guidolin wants Fer on 20:23 - May 20 with 1569 viewsbonymine

Guidolin wants Fer on 10:09 - May 16 by jasper_T

Fer to me looks like he doesn't find senior professional football very interesting. He's got technical ability but unless he has the chance to dribble around or throw in a tackle he doesn't wake up.

He's made obvious effort in some games at getting his positioning right, working for the team etc. but it never lasts 90 minutes.

We have enough squad players for the midfield. What we want is a new starter to run it.

Agree totally mate.

Never sure which player will turn up when Fer plays, he's had some good games then been totally anonymous the next.

It's like the Norwich and QPR fans said when we signed him he's a 'lazy,luxury player' ....totally inconsistent.

A decent squad player maybe, depends on his wage demands of course, but the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.

STID. Together Stronger.

💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Guidolin wants Fer on 20:42 - May 20 with 1516 viewsJango

I think he done very well considering The position we were in when he came in and how quickly he had to adapt. For a cheap price I think we'd be silly not to take him unless Guidolin has something else in mind. I get the feeling sone fans have read what Norwich and qpr fans had to say and made their minds up about Fer before he even kicked a ball.
Guidolin wants Fer on 20:55 - May 20 with 1473 viewsStarsky

Guidolin wants Fer on 20:42 - May 20 by Jango

I think he done very well considering The position we were in when he came in and how quickly he had to adapt. For a cheap price I think we'd be silly not to take him unless Guidolin has something else in mind. I get the feeling sone fans have read what Norwich and qpr fans had to say and made their minds up about Fer before he even kicked a ball.

A bit like you having made your mind up about Hoilett?

It's just the internet, init.

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:07 - May 20 with 1440 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin wants Fer on 20:42 - May 20 by Jango

Can't argue with any of that, .......except that he has now kicked a ball, and people seem to be basing their opinions on what they've seen.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin wants Fer on 07:51 - May 25 with 1272 viewsAussieSwan

Worth a punt IMO. There are a lot worse ways we could use the 2-3million it'd cost

I do agree that an Allen-type signing is required as well though, but Fer is great for adding to our depth.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Guidolin wants Fer on 10:33 - May 25 with 1126 viewsLoyal

So,if he wants him, how hard is it to complete the deal and announce it ?
Surely Huw doesn't need thinking time on the bleeding obvious !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin wants Fer on 13:18 - May 25 with 1024 viewsAl_Bundy

I would like to see FG bring in some of his own players who would fit his style of football especially in midfield. If we have

Would like us to refresh the midfield with some quality , creativity and high tempo players.

We need to change this loyalty mentaliity of players who should not be in our starting eleven.
Guidolin wants Fer on 13:25 - May 25 with 1006 viewsLeonisGod

Guidolin wants Fer on 13:18 - May 25 by Al_Bundy

I would like to see FG bring in some of his own players who would fit his style of football especially in midfield. If we have

Would like us to refresh the midfield with some quality , creativity and high tempo players.

We need to change this loyalty mentaliity of players who should not be in our starting eleven.

Can't argue with that. If anything, Guido's been a bit of a disappointment so far in how much he hasn't shaken things up. On paper he seems a great boss for us, but so far it's just more of the same. Although on the other hand that may be a good thing, stability and all that. Who knows - who'd run a football club eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024