Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin wants Fer 01:48 - May 13 with 9463 viewsforkbeard

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Francesco-Guidolin-keen-permanent-deal-L
Guidolin wants Fer on 11:39 - May 14 with 2150 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin wants Fer on 11:32 - May 14 by DafyddHuw

Why are we so content to be getting journeymen, when the teams around us won't be?

Why are some people still convinced that signing big names is a guarantee of success, when quality coaching is far more important?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin wants Fer on 11:58 - May 14 with 2126 viewstomdickharry

Fer is an experienced player who at 26 should be at the height of his powers,he has shown he "can play" but there is also the other side of the coin where he has gone missing in action,the question is do we sign this type of player,the Management consider him to be a good player therefore it would appear we may give him a contract,if so hope its for one year with an option of a longer period if he is a success.
Guidolin wants Fer on 13:20 - May 14 with 2067 viewsPhaedrus

Why are we so content to be getting journeymen, when the teams around us won't be?

Leicester just won the league with 'journeymen' you aching dullard.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:07 - May 15 with 1887 viewsDrizzy

Guidolin wants Fer on 13:20 - May 14 by Phaedrus

Leicester just won the league with 'journeymen' you aching dullard.

One freak season doesn't change the philosophy of how to build a successful team.

We should be following the blueprints of West Ham, Southampton and Stoke. They all signed quality players from the continent to build their team, supplemented with established homegrown talent.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:17 - May 15 with 1841 viewsItchySphincter

Not sure about that Newp. Those clubs were following our blueprint until a couple of ears ago - we just came off the rails a bit. We have good history of getting the most out of other clubs' rejects.

Not sure Fer is the answer but we're crying out for a deep lying playmaker on the Bodde mould.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:28 - May 15 with 1811 viewsDrizzy

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:17 - May 15 by ItchySphincter

Not sure about that Newp. Those clubs were following our blueprint until a couple of ears ago - we just came off the rails a bit. We have good history of getting the most out of other clubs' rejects.

Not sure Fer is the answer but we're crying out for a deep lying playmaker on the Bodde mould.

Sorry mate but they were never following us as much as we'd like to believe. We've never finished above 8th, Southampton and West Ham genuinely challenged for the Champions League this season.

We used to have a good history of getting the most from castoffs but those days are long gone. If the team is going to progress we need signings of the Payet/Mane/Shaqiri caliber. Not throwing away £2-3m on Fer who's proven mediocrity.

Sign Joe Allen.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:30 - May 15 with 1799 viewsDarran

I wouldn't sign Fer permanently.
Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:35 - May 15 with 1776 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:30 - May 15 by Darran

I wouldn't sign Fer permanently.
Just saying.

Nor me. We can do better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:35 - May 15 with 1769 viewsDarran

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:35 - May 15 by Dr_Winston

Absolutely.

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:36 - May 15 with 1762 viewsStarsky

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:35 - May 15 by Dr_Winston

Indeed

It's just the internet, init.

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:39 - May 15 with 1753 viewsmonmouth

We already have better doing military junkers in S Korea.

*other opinions are available, if less valid.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:39 - May 15 with 1748 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:36 - May 15 by Starsky

Indeed

He's not bad by any stretch mind. Just strikes me as a bit "unfocused".

Think if he had Siggy's mentality he'd be a hell of a player.

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:42 - May 15 with 1736 viewsoldcob

The was no bigger journey man than Routs. He's fitted in okay. I like Fer if only as back up. He won't take bullying either.
[Post edited 15 May 2016 21:43]
Guidolin wants Fer on 21:45 - May 15 with 1723 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:42 - May 15 by oldcob

The was no bigger journey man than Routs. He's fitted in okay. I like Fer if only as back up. He won't take bullying either.
[Post edited 15 May 2016 21:43]

In all seriousness, if - big if - we could get him properly fit and motivated, he'd be good to have on the boat.

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:45 - May 15 with 1720 viewsmagicdaps10

Im not totally convinced on Fer, as stated by some earlier that we can get better.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:49 - May 15 with 1559 viewsItchySphincter

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:28 - May 15 by Drizzy

Sorry mate but they were never following us as much as we'd like to believe. We've never finished above 8th, Southampton and West Ham genuinely challenged for the Champions League this season.

We used to have a good history of getting the most from castoffs but those days are long gone. If the team is going to progress we need signings of the Payet/Mane/Shaqiri caliber. Not throwing away £2-3m on Fer who's proven mediocrity.

Sign Joe Allen.

Soton were lucky not to get relegated under Adkins remember. A mixture of good management and good fortune - mainly selling their players to Liverpool for vastly inflated fees, led to them turning the corner. We're not as far away as you think.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Guidolin wants Fer on 22:00 - May 15 with 1520 viewsjackrabbit

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:45 - May 15 by magicdaps10

Im not totally convinced on Fer, as stated by some earlier that we can get better.

I was impressed by how many aerial balls he won today. He's a tall strapping lad with a good turn of pace, who adds a bit of muscle and energy to midfield. He's done well for us since he's been here. Sometimes all a player needs is a change of club and a fresh start. Definitely worth a punt.
Guidolin wants Fer on 22:11 - May 15 with 1479 viewsAngelRangelQS

He's been a decent enough last ditch loan signing but I don't think there should be any urgency to sign him.

We need a player with similar attributes but he's not convinced me that he's worthy of a regular starting spot which surely this summer needs to be the calibre of player we look to sign.
Guidolin wants Fer on 22:11 - May 15 with 1479 viewsbonymine

Guidolin wants Fer on 22:00 - May 15 by jackrabbit

I was impressed by how many aerial balls he won today. He's a tall strapping lad with a good turn of pace, who adds a bit of muscle and energy to midfield. He's done well for us since he's been here. Sometimes all a player needs is a change of club and a fresh start. Definitely worth a punt.

I agree.

In this mad world of exorbitant transfer fees I feel that he has shown enough to justify a permanent move to us.

A decent squad player, given than the Geordies have spent £80M and been relegated, I feel that Fer is worth a contract here ....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Guidolin wants Fer on 22:28 - May 15 with 1448 viewsDarran

Guidolin wants Fer on 22:11 - May 15 by bonymine

I agree.

In this mad world of exorbitant transfer fees I feel that he has shown enough to justify a permanent move to us.

A decent squad player, given than the Geordies have spent £80M and been relegated, I feel that Fer is worth a contract here ....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

I don't he won aerial balls in parts of the field where the ball shouldn't have been in the air.

Guidolin wants Fer on 23:05 - May 15 with 1394 viewsnyc_swans

came into the team during a testing time, got more playing time than any of us would have thought, generally did well enough minus the odd lapse of concentration.

he wouldn't be a bad option, but if he's to sign, a higher caliber CM also needs to be signed.
Guidolin wants Fer on 00:35 - May 16 with 1304 viewsGriffting

Not sure if he was supposed to be behind the striker today but he sat way too deep at times.
Passing is unpredictable and sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, and gave the ball away pretty cheaply on occasion.
That tackle on KDB was possibly the most text book tackle I've seen this season.
Over the period of his loan I'd say his positives have outweighed his negatives and for a squad player he wouldn't be too bad. Wages would probably have to come down a bit, though.
Guidolin wants Fer on 03:39 - May 16 with 1243 viewsdameedna

Guidolin wants Fer on 00:35 - May 16 by Griffting

Not sure if he was supposed to be behind the striker today but he sat way too deep at times.
Passing is unpredictable and sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, and gave the ball away pretty cheaply on occasion.
That tackle on KDB was possibly the most text book tackle I've seen this season.
Over the period of his loan I'd say his positives have outweighed his negatives and for a squad player he wouldn't be too bad. Wages would probably have to come down a bit, though.

Our midfield is worth maybe less than 20 million- Fer, Cork, Britton, Routs, Montero. There were some brain fluff passes from defence which did not help.
Guidolin wants Fer on 07:13 - May 16 with 1199 viewsPhaedrus

Guidolin wants Fer on 21:07 - May 15 by Drizzy

One freak season doesn't change the philosophy of how to build a successful team.

We should be following the blueprints of West Ham, Southampton and Stoke. They all signed quality players from the continent to build their team, supplemented with established homegrown talent.

Shytforbrains was suggesting none of our 'rivals' sign journeymen, when everyone signs (some) journeymen, and this is often no bad thing.
I didn't advocate it as a route to pursue.
[Post edited 16 May 2016 7:16]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Guidolin wants Fer on 08:04 - May 16 with 1145 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin wants Fer on 11:39 - May 14 by Dr_Winston

Why are some people still convinced that signing big names is a guarantee of success, when quality coaching is far more important?

Yes indeed. Out-think the opposition, turn players into better players, and talent spot early to build teams not outbid them for 'glamour' individuals. Football manager has a lot to answer for.

Obviously Man City can afford to have a different model and their players are more the finished article but..... one thing that impressed me most with them yesterday was the way they were clearly ruthlessly drilled in where to be at certain times. Crosses were never aimless, they were always cut back and passed to where the striker knew to be. When they broke from corners, they never had to look, they played it left where Aguero would go - every time. That sort of stuff can be coached. We should try it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024