Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Chester 09:54 - Jun 21 with 3319 viewsJFSwan

When we were first linked i thought meh....only if on the cheap.
When we were linked at 8 million I thought, no way.

However, having watched him in the euros so far, with some impressive defending and last gasps blocks I believe he wouldn't be a bad addition at all, at around 5-6 mill.

Offload Fernandez, keep Williams, Amat, Chester ? all 4 if Guidolin wants to have a go at 5-3-2 ?

James Chester on 11:01 - Jun 21 with 3221 viewsHubert

Given FG's desire of playing 352, I think adding Chester alongside Ash and Fede/Jordi would be of huge benefit to club and country. Kingsley as an attacking LB, and a.n.other as an attacking right back would have big possibilities.

Add in Joey as well in midfield, and we would be in good shape, with the obvious need for a striker.

Once the yanks are confirmed, things could get interesting !
James Chester on 11:09 - Jun 21 with 3194 viewsjasper_T

Every statement Guidolon has made regarding our tactics has been that 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 are his favoured formations.

And I'm still unconvinced by Chester in a pairing, even if he was fantastic last night.
James Chester on 11:11 - Jun 21 with 3192 viewsmax936

James Chester on 11:01 - Jun 21 by Hubert

Given FG's desire of playing 352, I think adding Chester alongside Ash and Fede/Jordi would be of huge benefit to club and country. Kingsley as an attacking LB, and a.n.other as an attacking right back would have big possibilities.

Add in Joey as well in midfield, and we would be in good shape, with the obvious need for a striker.

Once the yanks are confirmed, things could get interesting !

Yeah it could, Junior Toilet for instance will be first though the door
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 11:11]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

James Chester on 22:14 - Jul 1 with 2814 viewsPozuelosSideys

I wasnt fussed on this guy. But he hasnt put a foot wrong so far. Very tidy as part of a back 5

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

James Chester on 23:41 - Jul 1 with 2614 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes please. YJB.

Beware of the Risen People

James Chester on 23:49 - Jul 1 with 2581 viewsdobjack2

Not big enough for premiership. Week in week out he will get physically bullied by quality centre forwards. Has a lot of good points but can only play in a back 3 in my view.
James Chester on 00:54 - Jul 2 with 2499 viewsHumpty

He's been superb throughout the tournament.
James Chester on 07:40 - Jul 2 with 2381 viewsyescomeon

I'd take Gunter and Robinson-kanu and all

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

James Chester on 08:58 - Jul 2 with 2289 viewsItchySphincter

Gunter's always been reasonable, in fact I've always quite liked him but he's been around a long time and he's not going to get any better - we shouldn't even be contemplating it, nor Kanu.

Chester is a different story and there's rumblings.......

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

James Chester on 09:09 - Jul 2 with 2273 viewsSwaneeRiver

James Chester on 08:58 - Jul 2 by ItchySphincter

Gunter's always been reasonable, in fact I've always quite liked him but he's been around a long time and he's not going to get any better - we shouldn't even be contemplating it, nor Kanu.

Chester is a different story and there's rumblings.......

Kanu was brilliant last night and in combination with Gylfi and Joe Allen we'd have a brilliant season.
I'm resigned to Wilf not coming home, but TBH that goal he scored last night was World Class.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 9:11]
James Chester on 09:39 - Jul 2 with 2220 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James Chester on 09:09 - Jul 2 by SwaneeRiver

Kanu was brilliant last night and in combination with Gylfi and Joe Allen we'd have a brilliant season.
I'm resigned to Wilf not coming home, but TBH that goal he scored last night was World Class.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 9:11]

Would it kill us to have a non prolific no.9? I know that obviously ideally you'd want to have a 15-20 a season man but HRK is more of a Luke Moore type. He's physically strong, not slow either and holds the ball up extremely well. He has a talent for bringing other players into the game and creating space that Gylfi or Ayew would revel in.
He's got a terrific header on him and I'd expect him to get near ten goals a season. If the midfield are outscoring him then happy days. An forget Neil "golden boot" Taylor at your peril too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

James Chester on 09:46 - Jul 2 with 2207 viewsSwaneeRiver

James Chester on 09:39 - Jul 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Would it kill us to have a non prolific no.9? I know that obviously ideally you'd want to have a 15-20 a season man but HRK is more of a Luke Moore type. He's physically strong, not slow either and holds the ball up extremely well. He has a talent for bringing other players into the game and creating space that Gylfi or Ayew would revel in.
He's got a terrific header on him and I'd expect him to get near ten goals a season. If the midfield are outscoring him then happy days. An forget Neil "golden boot" Taylor at your peril too

The guys worked really hard all over the ptch to bring his team mates into the game and with a finish like that in his locker, he'd be an asset.
Crazy not to try and sign him
James Chester on 10:09 - Jul 2 with 2169 viewsSwansNZ

James Chester on 09:39 - Jul 2 by Brynmill_Jack

I fancy Taylor to carry on his attacking form next season. Think he'll get a goal, or maybe a shot on target, or close at least

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

James Chester on 10:19 - Jul 2 with 2146 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James Chester on 09:46 - Jul 2 by SwaneeRiver

The guys worked really hard all over the ptch to bring his team mates into the game and with a finish like that in his locker, he'd be an asset.
Crazy not to try and sign him

If we offload Gomis and get Wilf what a back up striker! And a completely different option off the bench to change a game too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

James Chester on 10:39 - Jul 2 with 2113 viewsItchySphincter

James Chester on 10:09 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

I fancy Taylor to carry on his attacking form next season. Think he'll get a goal, or maybe a shot on target, or close at least

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024