Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash! 19:45 - Jun 25 with 9983 viewsshandyjack

Reported on Twitter he's broken his collar bone, what a warrior

Poll: Expectation for the season

Ash! on 21:25 - Jun 25 with 3042 viewsDJack

Ash! on 20:25 - Jun 25 by Phil_S

Coleman should have overruled him, it should be the choice of the manager and medical staff not the player IMO

Which is what I was saying to my wife during the game and I must say that is my only disappointment with Cookie in this tournament (excluding hindsight before some of our special posters pipe up).

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Ash! on 22:38 - Jun 25 with 2889 viewsClinton

Irresponsible, but the kind of attitude that wins things.
Cookie should have overruled him and sent Ginge on. Thankfully all ended well,

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Ash! on 23:22 - Jun 25 with 2803 viewsItchySphincter

Coleman should have overruled him, it should be the choice of the manager and medical staff not the player IMO

Course it should. Weak by the manager.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ash! on 23:40 - Jun 25 with 2764 viewshobo

Ash! on 21:01 - Jun 25 by DrGonzo

I've broken my collarbone. You can sort of tell when you've done it like. Stings somewhat.

Same - and the way he was holding it did look like a broken collarbone. Let's hope not though
Ash! on 23:57 - Jun 25 with 2742 viewsFerryjack

What a prick ash with no arms is better than collins
Ash! on 00:31 - Jun 26 with 2661 viewsItchySphincter

Ash! on 23:57 - Jun 25 by Ferryjack

No you put it like that Ash with no arms and no legs is better than Collins. Why the f*ck is he even there?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ash! on 01:29 - Jun 26 with 2638 viewslonglostjack

Exactly. Could have all gone very wrong.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ash! on 03:08 - Jun 26 with 2598 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ash! on 01:29 - Jun 26 by longlostjack

Exactly. Could have all gone very wrong.

Ash the indestructible and his ego eh

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Ash! on 09:12 - Jun 26 with 2400 viewsSwansNZ

Ash! on 23:57 - Jun 25 by Ferryjack

Less of a chance of one of his handballs in the penalty area.
Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ash! on 09:18 - Jun 26 with 2384 viewsKilkennyjack

I want to speak up for Ash.

A leader who stayed on the battlefield to ensure the famous victory was achieved. Well done skipper, job done.

Ashley is superman.

Beware of the Risen People

Ash! on 09:20 - Jun 26 with 2379 viewsjasper_T

Ash! on 09:18 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

I want to speak up for Ash.

A leader who stayed on the battlefield to ensure the famous victory was achieved. Well done skipper, job done.

Ashley is superman.

A true leader would have let one of his deputies fill in when he's not fit for the task.

Ash put his ego before the team.
Ash! on 09:29 - Jun 26 with 2360 viewsmagicdaps10

Fully understand and respect what Ash believed but Coleman should have made the call.

Ash was injured but felt he could still do a job and arguably he did with a few clearnecs in at the end but Coleman is top of the triangle and makes the big calls.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ash! on 10:59 - Jun 26 with 2223 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ash! on 09:29 - Jun 26 by magicdaps10

Fully understand and respect what Ash believed but Coleman should have made the call.

Ash was injured but felt he could still do a job and arguably he did with a few clearnecs in at the end but Coleman is top of the triangle and makes the big calls.

Ash had a flashback and thought Monk was Wales manager

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ash! on 11:12 - Jun 26 with 2202 viewsScoobyDoo

Ash! on 10:59 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Ash had a flashback and thought Monk was Wales manager

Not saying that i have always liked Williams but he has gone up in my estimations, really showed the spirit that is in that camp, maybe a bit too brave for his own good but it just shows how much it means to them to play for the cause. Well done Ashley Williams.
Ash! on 11:25 - Jun 26 with 2168 viewsfelixstowe_jack

We won so staying on was right decision. If we had lost it would have been the wrong decision. Hindsight is wonderful looking back.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ash! on 11:34 - Jun 26 with 2101 viewsdailew

Ash! on 11:25 - Jun 26 by felixstowe_jack

We won so staying on was right decision. If we had lost it would have been the wrong decision. Hindsight is wonderful looking back.

Lucky Ash had the foresight to not come off.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Ash! on 11:41 - Jun 26 with 2083 viewsjack247

Ash! on 09:20 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

A true leader would have let one of his deputies fill in when he's not fit for the task.

Ash put his ego before the team.

This is spot on. As much as I admire his courage for playing on, he should put the team first. On top of that, it shouldn't be his decision to make. He said he was fine, but he was running around with his arm almost limp by his side. There is no way that wouldn't have impaired his balance or his concentration. It was just lucky he didn't have any major tackles or headers to make whilst injured.

As much as we can joke about Collins, aerial bombardments are right up his street. You wouldn't expect him to carry the ball out of defence or ping diagonal passes like Ash does, but put him in a physical battle with a big centre forward and he holds his own.

Didn't matter in the end though. Scrappy performance, incredible achievement. Same again Friday would be fantastic.
Ash! on 12:02 - Jun 26 with 2048 viewsairedale

When do you reckon we will get an accurate update on the damage to his bod?
Ash! on 12:48 - Jun 26 with 1965 viewsjack247

Ash! on 11:25 - Jun 26 by felixstowe_jack

The fact we won doesn't make it the right decision. An injured Ash being better than Collins (which I don't think is the case) would be a valid reason for it being the right decision.

If we had got a penalty, he had insisted on taking it and missed, that wouldn't have been the right decision just because we won.
Ash! on 10:56 - Jun 27 with 1580 viewssa3swan

Chris Coleman news conference later with update. I caught the end of a Talksport interview earlier though and Alan Brazil said along the lines of "That's great that Ashley Williams will be fit then, but a dislocated shoulder is really painful". I think Kit Symons had just been on.
Ash! on 11:35 - Jun 27 with 1505 viewsLeonisGod

Not how it works though - they player is always asked (head injuries aside). He's the one who knows best how he feels. It's only stupid if Ash misses the next match solely because he stayed on, and that's difficult to prove.
Ash! on 12:12 - Jun 27 with 1408 viewsjasper_T

Ash! on 11:35 - Jun 27 by LeonisGod

Not how it works though - they player is always asked (head injuries aside). He's the one who knows best how he feels. It's only stupid if Ash misses the next match solely because he stayed on, and that's difficult to prove.

"How he feels" isn't the most important thing. How he can perform trumps all, and Ash was struggling with one arm out of order.

Got very lucky.
Ash! on 12:24 - Jun 27 with 1369 viewsjack247

Ash! on 12:12 - Jun 27 by jasper_T

"How he feels" isn't the most important thing. How he can perform trumps all, and Ash was struggling with one arm out of order.

Got very lucky.

As well as that, it's a slap in the face to a player we may well be relying on Friday. Ash thought he was a better bet impaired than Collins, Coleman agreed. Can't see his confidence being too high after that
Ash! on 13:41 - Jun 27 with 1244 viewsDrizzy

Ash! on 12:12 - Jun 27 by jasper_T

Got very lucky.

Shut up you massive whinging tit.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Ash! on 13:52 - Jun 27 with 1221 viewssa3swan

He's fit to play according to Coleman just now anyway. (Well, 'should be').
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024