Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online Passports 19:48 - Jul 4 with 2503 viewsphact0rri

Has anyone renewed their passports online? I'm mostly interested in how the photos are supposed to work out, and if you send them someplace, or how that works.

I've always done my passports physically, but noting there is an online option was curious about going this route since my british one is due to expire in another year.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Online Passports on 19:50 - Jul 4 with 2496 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'd hang on a bit. You may be able to get one without that pesky EU flag.

Poll: Tory leader

Online Passports on 19:54 - Jul 4 with 2480 viewsphact0rri

Online Passports on 19:50 - Jul 4 by exiledclaseboy

I was actually thinking of doing it relatively soon because of the weakness to the US dollar :) That is not bound to stay for very long.

Online Passports on 19:56 - Jul 4 with 2473 viewsmorningstar

Online Passports on 19:50 - Jul 4 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed. The DVLA haven't dragged their heels on that one have they! My wife had to renew her driving licence as we've changed address. It came back on Friday with the Union Jack instead of the EU flag she previously had!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Online Passports on 19:57 - Jul 4 with 2469 viewsexiledclaseboy

Online Passports on 19:56 - Jul 4 by morningstar

Indeed. The DVLA haven't dragged their heels on that one have they! My wife had to renew her driving licence as we've changed address. It came back on Friday with the Union Jack instead of the EU flag she previously had!

If you look carefully it has both. The union flag was added last summer but the EU one is still there.

Online Passports on 19:59 - Jul 4 with 2465 viewsNeathJack

I did it last week.

Fill out the form online and you print out a declaration which you have to sign and send off with 2 photos and your expired/expiring passport. They ask if you are still recognisable from your existing passport photos and if you are, you do not need the new photos countersigned.

I believe it can also be done purely online with digital photos uploaded but I couldn't find that option when I did it.
Online Passports on 20:00 - Jul 4 with 2457 viewsmorningstar

Online Passports on 19:57 - Jul 4 by exiledclaseboy

If you look carefully it has both. The union flag was added last summer but the EU one is still there.

Ye, well i'll be back after i've given her a slap for trying to make me look a tvvat.

Online Passports on 20:00 - Jul 4 with 2452 viewsexiledclaseboy

Online Passports on 20:00 - Jul 4 by morningstar

Ye, well i'll be back after i've given her a slap for trying to make me look a tvvat.

Ok, I'll wait.

Online Passports on 20:05 - Jul 4 with 2436 viewsphact0rri

Online Passports on 19:59 - Jul 4 by NeathJack

I did it last week.

Fill out the form online and you print out a declaration which you have to sign and send off with 2 photos and your expired/expiring passport. They ask if you are still recognisable from your existing passport photos and if you are, you do not need the new photos countersigned.

I believe it can also be done purely online with digital photos uploaded but I couldn't find that option when I did it.

Oh cheers NJ. yeah I couldn't find the upload part when I was looking online-- which would undoubtedly be easier. But I do think I may still have some photo copies from the american passport I got only a few years ago at the local Mail office. Suppose I can can just mail those in with the declaration.

Login to get fewer ads

Online Passports on 21:56 - Jul 4 with 2351 viewsGroo

I did it from Canada, filled it in on-line, sent my old passport via UPS and got a nice new one fairly quick.

Groo does what Groo does best

Online Passports on 22:56 - Jul 4 with 2305 viewsBigPhilG

I'm glad I saw this thread because mines up in August and I'd forgotten
Online Passports on 00:01 - Jul 5 with 2278 viewsmorningstar

Online Passports on 22:56 - Jul 4 by BigPhilG

I'm glad I saw this thread because mines up in August and I'd forgotten

I still remember travelling to Greece on a Friday night with my girlfriend and entering the Post office on the Kingsway that afternoon, going to the photo booth for my pics then taking them and my birth certificate to the counter to get my passport!

Online Passports on 05:57 - Jul 5 with 2243 viewsphact0rri

Online Passports on 21:56 - Jul 4 by Groo

I did it from Canada, filled it in on-line, sent my old passport via UPS and got a nice new one fairly quick.

Of course now I'm realizing my birth cert might be missing in action. as I contacted my mum and dad both about if they had it somewhere and both of them aren't sure. I know I got them to make me a copy of it before (i've never held onto the original due to so much travelling I've done). But now I think I'm going to have to contact the government and grab that first. thats about ten quid to get that. So now I don't even know how long this process will end up taking... *lol* good thing I'm starting to process now though, and not right when I need it.

Online Passports on 08:16 - Jul 5 with 2197 viewsProfessor

If it is a replacement you should not need it. As said before you will on;y need to sign and send 2 photos if you can still be recognised from the old one. Easy enough
Online Passports on 09:40 - Jul 5 with 2166 viewspikeypaul

Just went through the process it's very easy.

You can apply up to 9 months before your old one runs out and the
extra time is added to your new one eg if you applied today and your
old passport had 9 months left on it your new passport runs for another 10 years
and 9 months.
So it's worth doing 9 months before your current one runs out to eliminate any
chance of last minute applications,also some countries require you to have at
least 6 months remaining on your passport.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2016 9:42]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Online Passports on 11:35 - Jul 5 with 2149 viewsLoyal

Online Passports on 19:54 - Jul 4 by phact0rri

I was actually thinking of doing it relatively soon because of the weakness to the US dollar :) That is not bound to stay for very long.

Get it done and get over there.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024