Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Premier League Rules 11:25 - Jul 20 with 3274 viewsmacthejack

Looks like they're cracking down on players appalling behavior. Hopefully the refs are properly supported in order to carry out these punishments. Could be in for a big shock, can see loads of red cards being dished out for the first few weeks of the season until players get the message.

I'm all for this I have to say. One of Mourinho's tactics down the drain, no more intimidating the ref from his teams hopefully.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844570
New Premier League Rules on 11:26 - Jul 20 with 3268 viewsHighjack

I'll believe it when I see it. Most refs want to be best mates with the big players.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New Premier League Rules on 12:39 - Jul 20 with 3150 viewsDafyddHuw

New Premier League Rules on 11:26 - Jul 20 by Highjack

I'll believe it when I see it. Most refs want to be best mates with the big players.

Innit. ManU under Fergie were past masters at surrounding the ref, and the legacy lives on. Chelsea too.

I can't see this happening. Refs will bottle decisions, especially against the big clubs. Would loive to see one of them get a 4th red card. It'll only stop when this happens. Really bot holding ny breath.
New Premier League Rules on 12:52 - Jul 20 with 3110 viewsmonmouth

Hope it works out. have a feeling clubs from 8th place down would cop this, especial against the big clubs.No way will they have the courage to send ugly Rooner off, although I suppose he'll be on the bench anyway.

I'd like to see them carrying on from the group stages of the Euros; no free kicks for just falling over.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Premier League Rules on 12:57 - Jul 20 with 3096 viewsHighjack

Yeah the euros were quite refreshing in that refs weren't automatically giving free kicks if a player went down. Even better was when players were getting booked for throwing themselves down then grabbing the ball with their hands.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

New Premier League Rules on 12:58 - Jul 20 with 3093 viewsJango

I'd rather see them crack down on the assaults that occur in the box from freekicks and corners first.
New Premier League Rules on 13:52 - Jul 20 with 3009 viewsFlashberryjack

New Premier League Rules on 12:58 - Jul 20 by Jango

I'd rather see them crack down on the assaults that occur in the box from freekicks and corners first.

Agree, and shirt pulling.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Premier League Rules on 16:03 - Jul 20 with 2906 viewsHighjack

There also should be a time limit on throw ins and goal kicks. If a team takes too long it should go the other way/become a corner.

Some keepers can waste over a minute pretending to not know where the ball is, then accidentally dropping it, then moving it over to the other side etc.

New Premier League Rules on 17:46 - Jul 20 with 2847 viewsHighjack

Interesting. It's now a yellow card offence to make any sort of physical contact with an official, even in a non aggressive manner. Hopefully this will put an end to the likes of John Terry sliding a loving arm around Phil Dowd and explaining why the opposition players should be punished.

Login to get fewer ads

New Premier League Rules on 17:50 - Jul 20 with 2843 viewsDr_Winston

There's nothing new here. Refs have had the power to book players and send them off for abusive language for years. Making a big fuss of it like it's some new thing is meaningless dribble.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Premier League Rules on 19:13 - Jul 20 with 2774 viewsPegojack

New Premier League Rules on 17:50 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

There's nothing new here. Refs have had the power to book players and send them off for abusive language for years. Making a big fuss of it like it's some new thing is meaningless dribble.

Exactly, Doc!

As a former local leagues ref myself, I never had any trouble using the red card for what was known as 'OFFINABUS', which was an acronym to help you remember the full wording -
"Offensive, insulting or abusive words or gestures"

I thought the telling paragraph in that article above was the one which says not one player has been red carded for 'offinabus' in five seasons. Refs haven't had the bottle.
New Premier League Rules on 19:57 - Jul 20 with 2734 viewsbuilthjack

Sort out the shoving and holding in the box is what they need to do. Is there seriously any need for it?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New Premier League Rules on 20:36 - Jul 20 with 2705 viewsOldjack

About time they sorted the chopsy ones out ,cut out the gobbing and emptying of nostrils on the pitch now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New Premier League Rules on 03:33 - Jul 21 with 2607 viewsWanderer

New Premier League Rules on 12:58 - Jul 20 by Jango

just playing devil's advocate here, what if they just said go for it, push shove and pull all you want, no free kick/penalty either way.
Bit radical but could it happen in the next ten years? who knows...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024