Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. 13:31 - Aug 9 with 3090 viewsSwans9

The club has gained over 42m this summer in players leaving and spent 22m. I will be stunned if we don't buy a centre half by the end of the transfer window.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:33 - Aug 9 with 2419 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Superb stuff by Sir Huw

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:36 - Aug 9 with 2386 viewsjasper_T

Check your maths again.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:39 - Aug 9 with 2355 viewsSwans9

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:36 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Check your maths again.

Forget the maths we need to strengthen at centre half. If it's 20m profit or 17m the point is we need to strengthen the team not make it weaker.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:41 - Aug 9 with 2329 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:39 - Aug 9 by Swans9

Forget the maths we need to strengthen at centre half. If it's 20m profit or 17m the point is we need to strengthen the team not make it weaker.

We could be one of the richest clubs in the championship next season.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:51 - Aug 9 with 2282 viewsjasper_T

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:39 - Aug 9 by Swans9

Amat is just as good as Ash.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:53 - Aug 9 with 2259 viewsJango

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:51 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Amat is just as good as Ash.

Can he stay fit like Ash tho? And is vdh as good a replacement as Amat? Go out and down the money from ash on a top replacement and let them fight it out for a starting spot. If we just settle for what we've got we'll be in trouble
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 2252 viewsawayjack

Time will tell if selling our best players is for the benefit of club or shareholders. If profit is invested in players or Club assets like stadium, terrific. If it's to fund dividends then we'll have idea what to expect from our new owners.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 13:55]
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:03 - Aug 9 with 2204 viewsTom1912

We've definitely spent more than that.

Things like agent fees and signing on fees will bump it up above what's been reported.

I reckon we've probably spent around the £30m mark so far. Enough to sign a CB and still have change. Which makes me hope we could still go for Chadli.
Login to get fewer ads

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:32 - Aug 9 with 2114 viewsjasper_T

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 13:53 - Aug 9 by Jango

Can he stay fit like Ash tho? And is vdh as good a replacement as Amat? Go out and down the money from ash on a top replacement and let them fight it out for a starting spot. If we just settle for what we've got we'll be in trouble

His injury record isn't great, fingers crossed the extra gym work he's been doing (and the new head of fitness and strength & power coach) keep him on his feet.

I'd much rather have a settled centreback pairing than three players fighting it out and rotating a lot. Maybe it's a luxury we got used to with Ash, but our third choices don't see much gametime and 4th choices next to none. It's a miracle Amat has stuck around as long as he has.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:35 - Aug 9 with 2095 viewsKerouac

Posted this in another thread but it's more appropriate here,
I came to the same conclusion as you regarding our spend so far, from the info we know (none of us can guess at any hidden costs unless there are directors posting on here) something like...

1) I would be looking at signing someone who can play anchor man in midfield and centre-half.
I would consider this player the emergency 4th centre-half and run with 2 from Amat, Fede and van der Hoorn, with the other on the bench.
So primarily he should be the dogs bollocks at anchor man.

If that bloke from Anderlecht fits the bill, great.

2) I would be looking at loaning a youngster like Chambers who can cover full-back and centre-half....and I would be looking at paying only a fraction of his wages (as it would be us doing them and the player a favour)

If we do these 2 things and secure Baston + someone like Chadli/Ziyech our squad will be looking stronger than I would have expected it to look.

So...

Out

Eder - £5m
Gomis - £ years wages (approx. £3.5m)
Bartley - £ years wages (approx. £750k
Paloschi - £6.5m
Ash - £12m
Ayew - £20.5m
Total = £48m approximately

In

Leroy Fer - £2.5m
Llorente - £5m
Baston - £15m
van der Hoorn - £2m
Aussie Keeper - £Free
Chadli/Ziyech - £12m approx.
Anchor man who covers centre-back - £8m approx.
Chambers or similar on loan - £300k tops

Total = £45m approx.

Leaves us £2.5m quid or so UP with a revamped squad and cover everywhere.

C'mon Huw, you know it makes sense.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 14:40]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:37 - Aug 9 with 2084 viewsjasper_T

You missed out the £2.5m+ for Fer. And all the agents fees and other significant costs.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:38 - Aug 9 with 2079 viewsjasper_T

And PL loans cost in the millions these days (we got over a million for Dyer). £300k for Chambers? No chance.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:40 - Aug 9 with 2061 viewsKerouac

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:37 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

You missed out the £2.5m+ for Fer. And all the agents fees and other significant costs.

cheers

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:44 - Aug 9 with 2038 viewsKerouac

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:38 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

And PL loans cost in the millions these days (we got over a million for Dyer). £300k for Chambers? No chance.

I'm suggesting what I think we should be paying for the privilege of developing other clubs' youngsters.

I wouldn't pay millions for a loan, would prefer to either promote a youngster or buy potential...or maybe there is somebody on a free out there who can cover full-back and centre-half.
I tell you who is perfect for that type of role, Chico.

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:53 - Aug 9 with 1989 viewsMrSwerve

Be prepared to be stunned.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 15:03 - Aug 9 with 1951 viewsKerouac

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:53 - Aug 9 by MrSwerve

Be prepared to be stunned.

...go on

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 15:17 - Aug 9 with 1887 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Siggy's new, most improved 4 year contract !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:04 - Aug 9 with 1745 viewsBorojack

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 14:03 - Aug 9 by Tom1912

We've definitely spent more than that.

Things like agent fees and signing on fees will bump it up above what's been reported.

I reckon we've probably spent around the £30m mark so far. Enough to sign a CB and still have change. Which makes me hope we could still go for Chadli.

Huw stated that we were getting 2 or possibly 3 players in and more if we lost any players.

We have brought in Llorente and Baston for Gomis Eder and Palochi.

So by my reckoning we are still due a couple of players
to replace Ayew and Ash
But it seems to me that Baston is replacing Ayew.

Personally I think we are short on numbers.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:09 - Aug 9 with 1718 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Huge profit means huge wages/dividends for the new shareholders.

Stay up on the cheap is their perfect scenario.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:14 - Aug 9 with 1693 viewsoldcob

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:04 - Aug 9 by Borojack

Huw stated that we were getting 2 or possibly 3 players in and more if we lost any players.

We have brought in Llorente and Baston for Gomis Eder and Palochi.

So by my reckoning we are still due a couple of players
to replace Ayew and Ash
But it seems to me that Baston is replacing Ayew.

Personally I think we are short on numbers.

We got Fer and Van der Hoorn in too.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:16 - Aug 9 with 1667 viewsHeadmaster

It still boggles the mind why we signed Fer. I know some on here like him, he's just too inconsistent for me.

Regarding transfers, I think a new CB and someone like Chadli would be the cherry on top.
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 1601 viewslondonlisa2001

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:16 - Aug 9 by Headmaster

It still boggles the mind why we signed Fer. I know some on here like him, he's just too inconsistent for me.

Regarding transfers, I think a new CB and someone like Chadli would be the cherry on top.

Wide player and CB plus I'd love a right back (but don't think we'll get one).

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Fer this pre season - given that these games are half hearted at best, he's really seemed to be making a huge effort.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 16:42]
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:40 - Aug 9 with 1564 viewsBorojack

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:14 - Aug 9 by oldcob

We got Fer and Van der Hoorn in too.

Yes Van der Hoorn was to replace Bartley.
Fer came in January to replace Shelvey.
Then the loan became a permenant signing.
We have also lost Grimes not good enough at the momeñt but still another squad player out.
I think we need a CB a RB and an attacking midfielder or winger we cant afford all 3 but a minimum of 2 required i think.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 17:23 - Aug 9 with 1424 viewssomersetsimon

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 16:16 - Aug 9 by Headmaster

But he's not inconsistent all the time.

;-)
Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 17:39 - Aug 9 with 1363 viewsHugeEnkins

Over 20m profit in transfers this summer. on 17:23 - Aug 9 by somersetsimon

But he's not inconsistent all the time.

;-)

Everton haven't wasted any time blowing their winnings on John Stones...

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2016/8/9/12410772/everton-transfer-latest-as

Oh to be so frivolous, eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024