Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk 16:58 - Aug 13 with 16376 viewsunion_jack

Surely they have to sack him now. How long can this go on?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Monk on 16:25 - Aug 17 with 2012 viewsWingstandwood

Monk on 16:10 - Aug 17 by skippyjack

Relegated with Cornella
Relegated with Espanyol B
Relegated with Halmstad

Still only 39.. give it some time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep_Clotet

In 15 years the guy has had 11 stints at different clubs! Yes he should be given enough time because he must be close to some form of world record at the rate he's going. But there again? Surely? His luck of 'stealing-a-living' must come to the end if any a club chairman/director happens to run a little background check on Pep's past-history, CV and credentials?

Argus!

Monk on 17:42 - Aug 17 with 1931 viewsskippyjack

Monk on 16:25 - Aug 17 by Wingstandwood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep_Clotet

In 15 years the guy has had 11 stints at different clubs! Yes he should be given enough time because he must be close to some form of world record at the rate he's going. But there again? Surely? His luck of 'stealing-a-living' must come to the end if any a club chairman/director happens to run a little background check on Pep's past-history, CV and credentials?

It's an experience issue.. young, inexperienced unwilling to take blame, and learn.

It's in everyday walk of life.. you have people way out of their depth in positions.. but they're unwilling to see the obvious errors.

Monk - one and a half seasons at Swansea
Clotet - patchy record, semi, lower league jobs, continuity is not his strong point
Beattie - one season at Accrington Stanley
O'Leary - one semi professional season at neath, 3 years at youth level

This was our 'Premier League' coaching roster.

And they got sacked because they were unable to grasp simple management basics.. They were unable to change our 'rigid' 'mundane' approach, that was clearly not working.. The inability to organise our team on set pieces.. The inability to recognise that the fans and players were not at fault.

These things were just basics.. The fact that Monk was in denial, and unwilling to take advice from outside the inexperienced quartet.. just epitomises the naivety and stupidity of his actions..

It's 4 games in.. and he's blaming his players already.

It's 4 games you quilt.. 4 f*cking games, he doesn't know what their names are yet for f*ck sake.. and he's telling them you've got to kill on the football field..

I suggested that he needs psychological help while with us.. psychiatric lobotomy seems the only option for hime now.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk on 18:08 - Aug 17 with 1870 viewsWingstandwood

Monk on 17:42 - Aug 17 by skippyjack

It's an experience issue.. young, inexperienced unwilling to take blame, and learn.

It's in everyday walk of life.. you have people way out of their depth in positions.. but they're unwilling to see the obvious errors.

Monk - one and a half seasons at Swansea
Clotet - patchy record, semi, lower league jobs, continuity is not his strong point
Beattie - one season at Accrington Stanley
O'Leary - one semi professional season at neath, 3 years at youth level

This was our 'Premier League' coaching roster.

And they got sacked because they were unable to grasp simple management basics.. They were unable to change our 'rigid' 'mundane' approach, that was clearly not working.. The inability to organise our team on set pieces.. The inability to recognise that the fans and players were not at fault.

These things were just basics.. The fact that Monk was in denial, and unwilling to take advice from outside the inexperienced quartet.. just epitomises the naivety and stupidity of his actions..

It's 4 games in.. and he's blaming his players already.

It's 4 games you quilt.. 4 f*cking games, he doesn't know what their names are yet for f*ck sake.. and he's telling them you've got to kill on the football field..

I suggested that he needs psychological help while with us.. psychiatric lobotomy seems the only option for hime now.

That's a very good post! The lunacy shown by SCFC (bearing in mind possible loss of millions/cost of failure) was really compounded by the back room staff Monk was allowed to bring in. To top that Curtis was pushed aside. The three backroom boys were hardly the epitome of sustained success, PL experience or good CV stuff. An horrendous mistake like that should never ever be allowed to happen again. That backroom-staff combo would look cr#p even at League 2 level.

Argus!

Monk on 18:24 - Aug 17 with 1853 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 18:08 - Aug 17 by Wingstandwood

That's a very good post! The lunacy shown by SCFC (bearing in mind possible loss of millions/cost of failure) was really compounded by the back room staff Monk was allowed to bring in. To top that Curtis was pushed aside. The three backroom boys were hardly the epitome of sustained success, PL experience or good CV stuff. An horrendous mistake like that should never ever be allowed to happen again. That backroom-staff combo would look cr#p even at League 2 level.

Obviously Garry didn't want anyone who would question "his style"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk on 18:51 - Aug 17 with 1808 viewsjack247

This is all a bit of a shame to be honest. Would have been much better if he had just stepped in until we found an experienced manager and then left as a club legend (especially if he had beaten Cardiff and kept us up). Can't blame him for staying on when offered the chance, but it's not great he has turned himself into a bit of a laughing stock here when he gave so much for us as a captain.
Monk on 19:00 - Aug 17 with 1813 viewsmonmouth

Monk on 18:08 - Aug 17 by Wingstandwood

Skippy's on fire lately.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk on 19:02 - Aug 17 with 1804 viewsDr_Winston

Monk on 18:51 - Aug 17 by jack247

This is all a bit of a shame to be honest. Would have been much better if he had just stepped in until we found an experienced manager and then left as a club legend (especially if he had beaten Cardiff and kept us up). Can't blame him for staying on when offered the chance, but it's not great he has turned himself into a bit of a laughing stock here when he gave so much for us as a captain.

He should still rightly hold his head up at his achievements as a player. To captain a team almost all the way through the leagues is a momentous achievement, and the £90m block will be a legendary moment regardless of what happens from here on in.

It's just a shame that the shine has been taken off that a bit by both his own personality flaws and the clubs dodgy decision making. in giving him the job in the first place and then allowing him to choose such a piss poor coaching team.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk on 19:09 - Aug 17 with 1787 viewsmonmouth

Monk on 19:02 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

He should still rightly hold his head up at his achievements as a player. To captain a team almost all the way through the leagues is a momentous achievement, and the £90m block will be a legendary moment regardless of what happens from here on in.

It's just a shame that the shine has been taken off that a bit by both his own personality flaws and the clubs dodgy decision making. in giving him the job in the first place and then allowing him to choose such a piss poor coaching team.

It hasn't done him any good either. He now believes his own hype. He would have been better learning his trade properly.

Login to get fewer ads

Monk on 19:16 - Aug 17 with 1769 viewsRancid

Robbie James, Alan Curtis, Ivor Allchurch would all have been villified had the internet been around when they left.Robbie and Curt played for Cardiff yet are still heralded as true legends of the club.Monk and Ash both achieved more with us than the 3 I've mentioned but are considered heinous individuals.Maybe in years to come when we're shite again we'll look back and realize we were watching club legends in Ash and Monk.
Monk on 19:20 - Aug 17 with 1758 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 19:16 - Aug 17 by Rancid

Robbie James, Alan Curtis, Ivor Allchurch would all have been villified had the internet been around when they left.Robbie and Curt played for Cardiff yet are still heralded as true legends of the club.Monk and Ash both achieved more with us than the 3 I've mentioned but are considered heinous individuals.Maybe in years to come when we're shite again we'll look back and realize we were watching club legends in Ash and Monk.

I suppse the big difference is that the three you mention - two are Swansea born and Curt Rhondda born. Local lads and all that. Arguably Ivor and Robbie were miles better than Monk and Ash and Curt was head and shoulders above them as a player too.

Monk on 19:21 - Aug 17 with 1757 viewsDr_Winston

Monk on 19:09 - Aug 17 by monmouth

It hasn't done him any good either. He now believes his own hype. He would have been better learning his trade properly.

He believed his own hype anyway IMO.

It's where Jenkins should have been stronger and replaced him at the end of 13/14 (especially as Koeman wanted the job) and sent him off to learn his trade properly at a lower level.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk on 19:27 - Aug 17 with 1740 viewsskippyjack

Monk on 19:09 - Aug 17 by monmouth

It's stupid mun..

The top managers started as coaches or assistants..

Wenger
Mourinho
Ferguson started coaching
Van Gaal
Ancelotti
Bob Paisley
Del Bosque

and many more..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Monk on 19:30 - Aug 17 with 1729 viewsjack247

Monk on 19:21 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

He believed his own hype anyway IMO.

It's where Jenkins should have been stronger and replaced him at the end of 13/14 (especially as Koeman wanted the job) and sent him off to learn his trade properly at a lower level.

Absolutely
Monk on 19:30 - Aug 17 with 1726 viewsRancid

Monk on 19:20 - Aug 17 by Brynmill_Jack

I suppse the big difference is that the three you mention - two are Swansea born and Curt Rhondda born. Local lads and all that. Arguably Ivor and Robbie were miles better than Monk and Ash and Curt was head and shoulders above them as a player too.

They were defo better players than Monk for sure but they didn't show the same loyalty and be as successful as Ash or Monk.
Monk on 19:33 - Aug 17 with 1711 viewsskippyjack

Monk on 19:30 - Aug 17 by Rancid

They were defo better players than Monk for sure but they didn't show the same loyalty and be as successful as Ash or Monk.

I'm not sure mind.. Curtis has regained his loyalty I would've thought.. and Robbie would've definitely been involved..

Monk on 19:35 - Aug 17 with 1702 viewsRancid

Monk on 19:33 - Aug 17 by skippyjack

I'm not sure mind.. Curtis has regained his loyalty I would've thought.. and Robbie would've definitely been involved..

He regained his loyalty on the staff though really and i don't think any other club would have showed him such sentiment.
Monk on 19:46 - Aug 17 with 1677 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 19:30 - Aug 17 by Rancid

Is this the same loyal Ash who's been open to a move since we got promoted?

Monk on 19:52 - Aug 17 with 1653 viewsmonmouth

Memory's a bit shot but Robbie was forced to leave wasn't he, and for a cut price deal as we were on our uppers? As was Curt (second time, not when he went to Leeds and failed). Ditto Latchford and Leighton?

Monk on 19:56 - Aug 17 with 1631 viewsRancid

Monk on 19:46 - Aug 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Is this the same loyal Ash who's been open to a move since we got promoted?

Yes.But always stayed.If Williams was still here he'd be a club legend but now he's gone and wounds are still a bit sore then he's a t**t.That'll change once the dust settles.
Monk on 20:56 - Aug 17 with 1547 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk on 19:56 - Aug 17 by Rancid

Yes.But always stayed.If Williams was still here he'd be a club legend but now he's gone and wounds are still a bit sore then he's a t**t.That'll change once the dust settles.

Honest I thought we should have got rid two years ago. No raw wounds over here mate!

Monk on 21:14 - Aug 17 with 1498 viewsWarwickHunt

Don't remember Monk knocking back any offers to move. Great player for us in L1 & 2 but I wouldn't put him in the Ivor, Harry, Herbie, Curt or Robbie league.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 21:16]
Monk on 21:21 - Aug 17 with 1481 viewsWingstandwood

Monk on 20:56 - Aug 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Honest I thought we should have got rid two years ago. No raw wounds over here mate!

Williams will go down in history as one of SCFC's greatest ever players/signings whom provided absolutely mega-fantastic value for money. I bear in mind what SCFC paid for him and what was received with services on the pitch and financially in return upon his departure.

Hearing the likes of Monk being hailed as a club 'legend' makes an absolute mockery of that word. It would be an absolute insult to give Monk (and some others) equal status!

Argus!

Monk on 21:46 - Aug 17 with 1423 viewspencoedjack

Monk on 21:21 - Aug 17 by Wingstandwood

Williams will go down in history as one of SCFC's greatest ever players/signings whom provided absolutely mega-fantastic value for money. I bear in mind what SCFC paid for him and what was received with services on the pitch and financially in return upon his departure.

Hearing the likes of Monk being hailed as a club 'legend' makes an absolute mockery of that word. It would be an absolute insult to give Monk (and some others) equal status!

I agree about Monk

Does Leon deserve legend status ?
Monk on 22:50 - Aug 17 with 1333 viewsRancid

If Curtis or Robbie didn't get us into the old first division they wouldn't be classed legends.They did however, so rightly they were classed as heroes as they were very good players too.They lasted 2 seasons in the top flight and that was that.Ash Monk and Leon have and were there for a lot longer and Leon still is.We've won silverware and beaten Valencia and every other huge club we've faced at some point with Ash Monk and Leon.If you're gonna use the term club legends then they should be included.
Monk on 23:14 - Aug 17 with 1269 viewsWingstandwood

Monk on 21:46 - Aug 17 by pencoedjack

I agree about Monk

Does Leon deserve legend status ?

Leon? Yes IMO because his career app's total for SCFC will end up quite a few apps over DOUBLE the amount of Monks (one example) along with substantially more Premier League appearances over a longer sustained period of time. Add to that the fact he will be historically seen and vastly more recognised/acknowledged (compared to some) to have been a player of Premier League standard.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 23:16]

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024