Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson 00:42 - Sep 1 with 2787 viewsawayjack

Time to step up ... with an average level of injuries / suspensions these lads are going to have chances to show if they can perform in the Premier League. High risk plan but encouraging signs from a couple already and if 3/4 do step up it'll give a big boost to the rest of the squad and fans. Honestly I'd have preferred we signed/loaned more quality in but excited to see if this group can bring some energy to the squad.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 03:15 - Sep 1 with 2148 viewsWanderer

Agree, these names are indeed very promising, especially look forward to a home EPL debut for McBurnie, just got good feeling this boy is no flash in the pan, but boy big weight on those shoulders when it comes.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 06:20 - Sep 1 with 2079 viewsjack247

McBurnie should be on a season long loan to a league one club now, or a championship one that is likely to play him. It's real mismanagement that there is a very realistic prospect he could be starting Premier League games, as a lone striker, with no-one on the bench if he struggles. As is stands, we are only an injury to Llorente away from that. As good a prospect as he looks, that's an unfair amount of pressure to put on such an inexperienced player.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 06:26 - Sep 1 with 2073 viewsAnotherJohn

To me it looks as though our season will turn on the performance of two young players who have yet to play a single Premier League game, Baston and Mawson. If even one is a flop we will probably be relegated. The club should never have been put in that position.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 09:24 - Sep 1 with 1822 viewsangryjack

we deserve to be relegated
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:34 - Sep 1 with 1640 viewsKilkennyjack

I really wish a few local names were in that list. We have produced sweet feck all since the day the Academy started. CoE under Mr Curtis was regularly producing premier league level players from swansea area like Macdonald, joey, jazz and ben. Wtf has happened ?

Beware of the Risen People

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:36 - Sep 1 with 1633 viewsSmellyplumz

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 09:24 - Sep 1 by angryjack

Agreed but that would be the end of the club then surely

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:42 - Sep 1 with 1619 viewsgazza_1234

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:34 - Sep 1 by Kilkennyjack

I really wish a few local names were in that list. We have produced sweet feck all since the day the Academy started. CoE under Mr Curtis was regularly producing premier league level players from swansea area like Macdonald, joey, jazz and ben. Wtf has happened ?

They are coming through. Just need another 2 -3 years . Btw are you really calling Shaun Mac Prem level?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 13:43]
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:46 - Sep 1 with 1601 viewsLandore_Jack

Totally unfair to put so much pressure on the youngsters. They need time to develop.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:48 - Sep 1 with 1589 viewsgazza_1234

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:46 - Sep 1 by Landore_Jack

Totally unfair to put so much pressure on the youngsters. They need time to develop.

I'll use Matt Busby's quote: "If you're good enough, you're old enough.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:50 - Sep 1 with 1578 viewsperchrockjack

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:48 - Sep 1 by gazza_1234

I'll use Matt Busby's quote: "If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Is true..

We really don't have much choice or was this always going to be the plan

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:09 - Sep 1 with 1531 viewsFlashberryjack

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 06:20 - Sep 1 by jack247

McBurnie should be on a season long loan to a league one club now, or a championship one that is likely to play him. It's real mismanagement that there is a very realistic prospect he could be starting Premier League games, as a lone striker, with no-one on the bench if he struggles. As is stands, we are only an injury to Llorente away from that. As good a prospect as he looks, that's an unfair amount of pressure to put on such an inexperienced player.

Agree, as exciting as McBurnie is, he is nowhere near ready for the challenge of the Premiere League and the center backs he'll be facing in the Premier will eat him for dinner.

Terrible management of a young talent in my opinion, smacks of penny pinching.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:28 - Sep 1 with 1495 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:09 - Sep 1 by Flashberryjack

Agree, as exciting as McBurnie is, he is nowhere near ready for the challenge of the Premiere League and the center backs he'll be facing in the Premier will eat him for dinner.

Terrible management of a young talent in my opinion, smacks of penny pinching.

Its exactly the same as Mawson for me
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:34 - Sep 1 with 1484 viewsLeonisGod

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 06:20 - Sep 1 by jack247

He's got 2 ahead of him, so I doubt he'll be starting many matches in the PL. The cups may be another matter, but when Borja is fit I fully expect him to be the main man in the league and Llorente the sub/cup option.

Having said that, he's a goal scorer and could do quite well in the PL if given the chance. A championship loan would have been perfect, but I don't think there's that much pressure on him. On Borja though there's a tone of pressure - he has to deliver if we're going to do anything this year. (And by do anything I mean avoid being in a relegation battle)
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:42 - Sep 1 with 1471 viewsjasper_T

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 13:34 - Sep 1 by Kilkennyjack

Connor Roberts will hopefully push on with Bristol Rovers, and Dan James (we bought him from Hull but he's with the Wales u21s now) looks like he'll be a proper player once he's grown a bit more.

There are a few local products about that should make a living in league football (Sheehan, Hedges, Shephard, Owain Jones), but the Premier League is difficult to break into, and getting harder every year with how much bottom half clubs can spend. Players need the right ability, attitude and no small amount of luck to get their chance.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:51 - Sep 1 with 1459 viewsgazza_1234

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:42 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

Connor Roberts will hopefully push on with Bristol Rovers, and Dan James (we bought him from Hull but he's with the Wales u21s now) looks like he'll be a proper player once he's grown a bit more.

There are a few local products about that should make a living in league football (Sheehan, Hedges, Shephard, Owain Jones), but the Premier League is difficult to break into, and getting harder every year with how much bottom half clubs can spend. Players need the right ability, attitude and no small amount of luck to get their chance.

You forgot Cullen & Rodon. I expect them to be in our squad within 3 seasons.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:57 - Sep 1 with 1441 viewsLegend83

The lad that I have high hopes for is Jordan Garrick - looked a real handful in the U18s, already a brute for his age, with a very direct style.

I note he is already making the bench for the U23s - would like to see him go into League 1 for better experience. I think he would stand up to clogger football quite well.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:01 - Sep 1 with 1425 viewsjasper_T

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:51 - Sep 1 by gazza_1234

You forgot Cullen & Rodon. I expect them to be in our squad within 3 seasons.

Cullen is still lurking around the u18s, you expect genuine prospects to be making strides up the age groups by this point (as James and Rodon have). Possibly being unfair as we've invested in a lot of attackers ahead of him, and he started last season with a bad injury which wouldn't have helped. Definitely knows where the goal is.

Rodon doesn't entirely convince me tbh. Keston Davies looks equally as good in a defence where we've not invested at all (their competition has been all converted DMs and full-backs). But he's been around the first team already, and was in that Oxford matchday squad (along with James), so people paying closer attention than me obviously think he's up for something.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:03 - Sep 1 with 1420 viewsjasper_T

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:57 - Sep 1 by Legend83

The lad that I have high hopes for is Jordan Garrick - looked a real handful in the U18s, already a brute for his age, with a very direct style.

I note he is already making the bench for the U23s - would like to see him go into League 1 for better experience. I think he would stand up to clogger football quite well.

League One - as the Wimbledon game proved - is far above the bench of our u23s. Our better u21s last year are getting experience at the lower end of League Two (Yeovil, Newport).

Any idea where we got him from, he only appeared in the u18s at the start of this year afaik?
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:07 - Sep 1 with 1412 viewsgazza_1234

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:01 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

Cullen is still lurking around the u18s, you expect genuine prospects to be making strides up the age groups by this point (as James and Rodon have). Possibly being unfair as we've invested in a lot of attackers ahead of him, and he started last season with a bad injury which wouldn't have helped. Definitely knows where the goal is.

Rodon doesn't entirely convince me tbh. Keston Davies looks equally as good in a defence where we've not invested at all (their competition has been all converted DMs and full-backs). But he's been around the first team already, and was in that Oxford matchday squad (along with James), so people paying closer attention than me obviously think he's up for something.

Tbf Cullen has only turned 17 in April.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:08 - Sep 1 with 1411 viewsLegend83

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:03 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

League One - as the Wimbledon game proved - is far above the bench of our u23s. Our better u21s last year are getting experience at the lower end of League Two (Yeovil, Newport).

Any idea where we got him from, he only appeared in the u18s at the start of this year afaik?

http://www.nonleagueyorkshire.com/2015/11/10/swansea-sign-ossett-albion-striker/

Strong performances in the U18s last seasos including a brace against Man U.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:10 - Sep 1 with 1404 viewsjasper_T

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:07 - Sep 1 by gazza_1234

Tbf Cullen has only turned 17 in April.

Feels like he's been around forever.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:14 - Sep 1 with 1388 viewsjasper_T

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:08 - Sep 1 by Legend83

http://www.nonleagueyorkshire.com/2015/11/10/swansea-sign-ossett-albion-striker/

Strong performances in the U18s last seasos including a brace against Man U.

Cool to see a player come through from outside the academy system. Too many kids joining clubs at 9 years old imo.

Tom Dyson is another good player in the u18s, but it's far too early to tell how far he can go.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 15:50 - Sep 1 with 1339 viewsjack247

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 14:34 - Sep 1 by LeonisGod

He's got 2 ahead of him, so I doubt he'll be starting many matches in the PL. The cups may be another matter, but when Borja is fit I fully expect him to be the main man in the league and Llorente the sub/cup option.

Having said that, he's a goal scorer and could do quite well in the PL if given the chance. A championship loan would have been perfect, but I don't think there's that much pressure on him. On Borja though there's a tone of pressure - he has to deliver if we're going to do anything this year. (And by do anything I mean avoid being in a relegation battle)

There is a huge amount of pressure on him at the moment. Baston is injured and it only takes a knock or suspension to Llorente before he is first choice with no back up. Guidolin recently said he wasn't ready then named him on the bench (and brought him on) at Leicester. Not sure if that was sending a message to the board, but it's far from an ideal situation.
Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 17:09 - Sep 1 with 1247 viewsGowerjack

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 09:24 - Sep 1 by angryjack

Whys that then?

Sweet loving Jesus we have some brian dead plums on here....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 17:16 - Sep 1 with 1230 viewsSmellyplumz

Kingsley, Barrow, McBurnie, Fulton , Mawson on 17:09 - Sep 1 by Gowerjack

Whys that then?

Sweet loving Jesus we have some brian dead plums on here....

If you don't strengthen your squad and you play sh1t football then you get what you deserve which is usually relegation, not difficult is it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024