Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leroy Fer 01:04 - Sep 12 with 6091 viewsJackBaston

Lots of people bashing the lad, shockingly so the last few days
His pass in the build up to the penalty and his goal
3 in 4 for him, what more does he need to do?
Leroy Fer on 13:20 - Sep 12 with 1338 viewsjasper_T

There have been more posts whining about Fer-haters than actually criticising Fer this season by an order of magnitude.
Leroy Fer on 14:16 - Sep 12 with 1298 viewsperchrockjack

Because a player is criticised ,it doesn't mean he s "hated" apart from the likes of terry

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leroy Fer on 14:22 - Sep 12 with 1290 viewsJackBaston

Leroy Fer on 14:16 - Sep 12 by perchrockjack

Because a player is criticised ,it doesn't mean he s "hated" apart from the likes of terry

never said he was hated?
Leroy Fer on 15:15 - Sep 12 with 1249 viewsHeadmaster

I've been one of his biggest critics, but if he keeps getting the odd goal then good on him. I liked his determination going forward. Needs to show consistency though.
Leroy Fer on 15:31 - Sep 12 with 1229 viewsKrisP

For me he's been hands down our player of the season. No one else comes close.
Leroy Fer on 16:10 - Sep 12 with 1197 viewsjasper_T

Leroy Fer on 15:31 - Sep 12 by KrisP

For me he's been hands down our player of the season. No one else comes close.

I'd say the same about Fabianski. Fer's nowhere close.
Leroy Fer on 16:14 - Sep 12 with 1194 viewsPozuelosSideys

Leroy Fer on 06:41 - Sep 12 by Dr_Winston

What does he need to do? Turn into Joe Allen. He'd get praised to the rafters for the exact same performances then.

You know as well as i do that as soon as he had signed for us that he was never going to do anything well in the eyes of some. The threads on here at the time said as much.

Nice to see hes winning some over with solid performances.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Leroy Fer on 16:21 - Sep 12 with 1177 viewsfather_jack

excellent yesterday. love a player with a good engine

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Login to get fewer ads

Leroy Fer on 16:23 - Sep 12 with 1171 viewsJack11

To be an idolised Swans central midfielder you have to pass it square every time; no more than 5 yards though. You can't provide assists and if you have the brass neck to score goals, you will never win their hearts. That's what he's doing wrong - needs to be more like Leon or Joey bach.
Leroy Fer on 17:20 - Sep 12 with 1128 viewsJackBaston

Leroy Fer on 16:14 - Sep 12 by PozuelosSideys

You know as well as i do that as soon as he had signed for us that he was never going to do anything well in the eyes of some. The threads on here at the time said as much.

Nice to see hes winning some over with solid performances.

I'll be honest and say I wasn't overly excited by his signing, but considering players like Ibe are considered 13 million players, at 4.75m he was great value for money
And i wouldnt say hes been our best player so far, Fabianski has been solid, but hes definitely 2nd
Leroy Fer on 17:26 - Sep 12 with 1106 viewsharryhpalmer

Fer is not suited as the 2nd midfielder. he needs to be further up the park.

Great that he showed the commitment to close down and "tackle" Chaill for the goal, but he needs to do more of that in the defensive half of the pitch too if he wants to play there.

It was no coincidence we played better when we switched formation and he played in front of Ki and Cork.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Leroy Fer on 18:01 - Sep 12 with 1078 viewsJango

Leroy Fer on 16:10 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

I'd say the same about Fabianski. Fer's nowhere close.

Fabianski has failed to come out and command his area on 2 occasions this season leading to 2 goals. Vardy and Costa. Pointless being superb most of the time if you're gonna make those terrible decisions and cost the team. Fer by far our best player for me.
Leroy Fer on 18:34 - Sep 12 with 1046 viewsjasper_T

Leroy Fer on 18:01 - Sep 12 by Jango

Fabianski has failed to come out and command his area on 2 occasions this season leading to 2 goals. Vardy and Costa. Pointless being superb most of the time if you're gonna make those terrible decisions and cost the team. Fer by far our best player for me.

Fer was as much at fault as Fab for the first goal. Fab would've needed to clear Fede out to try to catch the ball, he had little reason to think his defender would make a hash of it twice in a row, as he had time and space to get rid properly.
Leroy Fer on 19:48 - Sep 12 with 1004 viewsUplandsJack

Leroy Fer on 18:34 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

Fer was as much at fault as Fab for the first goal. Fab would've needed to clear Fede out to try to catch the ball, he had little reason to think his defender would make a hash of it twice in a row, as he had time and space to get rid properly.

Rubbish....
All Fabianski had to do was simply call and take comand of his area...
Fernandez was looking for Fabianski to do so. Poor goalkeeping on that occation, however it has to be said he kept us in the game with a string of fine saves.
Finally as others have stated he really needs to spend more time on his distribution from his feet. Kicking was well below the standard expected at this level....
Leroy Fer on 19:51 - Sep 12 with 1000 viewsjasper_T

Leroy Fer on 19:48 - Sep 12 by UplandsJack

Rubbish....
All Fabianski had to do was simply call and take comand of his area...
Fernandez was looking for Fabianski to do so. Poor goalkeeping on that occation, however it has to be said he kept us in the game with a string of fine saves.
Finally as others have stated he really needs to spend more time on his distribution from his feet. Kicking was well below the standard expected at this level....

And if Fer had tracked and closed down properly he should've blocked the shot.

Fab's no worse at kicking than most PL keepers. Only a handful are any good at it.
Leroy Fer on 20:09 - Sep 12 with 937 viewsUplandsJack

Leroy Fer on 19:51 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

And if Fer had tracked and closed down properly he should've blocked the shot.

Fab's no worse at kicking than most PL keepers. Only a handful are any good at it.

Again irrelevant, as had Fabianski come and collected the high ball UNCHALLENGED it would of been the end of that phase of play.
Also feel Fabianski is one of the poorest goalies at distribution in the premier league.

Stand by my original thoughts. Great goalkeeper but needs to improve his distribution.
Leroy Fer on 20:11 - Sep 12 with 930 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leroy Fer on 17:26 - Sep 12 by harryhpalmer

Fer is not suited as the 2nd midfielder. he needs to be further up the park.

Great that he showed the commitment to close down and "tackle" Chaill for the goal, but he needs to do more of that in the defensive half of the pitch too if he wants to play there.

It was no coincidence we played better when we switched formation and he played in front of Ki and Cork.

It's a real conundrum Harry, completely agree with you but I can't see him ousting Siggurdsson . Therefore he will continue to be shoehorned in as box to bo MF which in turn leaves Cork exposed.

Which makes watching his second half performance yesterday al the more frustrating.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leroy Fer on 20:13 - Sep 12 with 930 viewsDr_Winston

Fab's a decent enough keeper. Struggling to reach the peaks of performance he hit during his first season, but generally tidy enough. Have to ask questions about the coaching he's getting though. For all the reputation he had, the quality of Fab's game and our inability at set pieces do coincide with the arrival of Tony Roberts.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer on 20:31 - Sep 12 with 907 viewsUplandsJack

Leroy Fer on 20:13 - Sep 12 by Dr_Winston

Fab's a decent enough keeper. Struggling to reach the peaks of performance he hit during his first season, but generally tidy enough. Have to ask questions about the coaching he's getting though. For all the reputation he had, the quality of Fab's game and our inability at set pieces do coincide with the arrival of Tony Roberts.

Spot on Doc.....

In fact I've posted on here previously, how strange it was to bring TR here as GKC once arsenal had dispensed with his services... Fab got no favour from him there, so a strange one indeed.
I know Fab rated the spanish GKC Javier García who returned to spain after his 1st & best season, as the best he'd ever worked with... so no coincidence at all...
Leroy Fer on 20:35 - Sep 12 with 897 viewsDr_Winston

Leroy Fer on 20:31 - Sep 12 by UplandsJack

Spot on Doc.....

In fact I've posted on here previously, how strange it was to bring TR here as GKC once arsenal had dispensed with his services... Fab got no favour from him there, so a strange one indeed.
I know Fab rated the spanish GKC Javier García who returned to spain after his 1st & best season, as the best he'd ever worked with... so no coincidence at all...

He came very highly rated, but then again so did Clotet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer on 20:47 - Sep 12 with 876 viewsUplandsJack

Leroy Fer on 20:35 - Sep 12 by Dr_Winston

He came very highly rated, but then again so did Clotet.

That may be.

But what I do know is Fabianski was seriously considering his Swans future in early October last season, due to TR. He was very unhappy in having to revert from the training methods introduced by Javier García, to those used by TR.
Leroy Fer on 21:12 - Sep 12 with 851 viewsjasper_T

I've said it before but of all the Spaniards we lost, Javier Garcia was the most significant.

Don't think anyone was to blame for that, though. He just wanted to go home afaik.
Leroy Fer on 21:17 - Sep 12 with 834 viewsexiledclaseboy

Leroy Fer on 21:12 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

I've said it before but of all the Spaniards we lost, Javier Garcia was the most significant.

Don't think anyone was to blame for that, though. He just wanted to go home afaik.

Who?

Poll: Tory leader

Leroy Fer on 21:18 - Sep 12 with 830 viewsharryhpalmer

Leroy Fer on 21:17 - Sep 12 by exiledclaseboy

Who?

the goalkeeping coach who went back to Sevilla

Leroy Fer on 21:20 - Sep 12 with 821 viewsharryhpalmer

Leroy Fer on 21:12 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

or was it the signing of TR that he was unhappy about?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024