Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt 19:56 - Oct 5 with 4895 viewsclement

crazy story, comes across as a top bloke mind....

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 20:48 - Oct 5 with 4831 viewsLeonisGod

Great find thanks. He's going to be great in JTAK2. I'm going to grab a cup of tea and watch it now while the missus is watching sh*t on S4C.
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 4791 viewsdameedna

Ghana much better. It was like watching two different sports.

Hadziadbic was doing a lot more.

Half of Americans wont know where Egypt is so credit to Bob for finding it.

Lets see how the lines go down in a more selective and professional set up.
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 22:13 - Oct 5 with 4716 viewsmarchamjack

Fair play, no idea how he'll do as manager with us, but absolute respect for the man after watching that.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 22:48 - Oct 5 with 4633 viewsLeonisGod

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 22:13 - Oct 5 by marchamjack

Fair play, no idea how he'll do as manager with us, but absolute respect for the man after watching that.

Agreed. Well worth a watch that.
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 13:25 - Oct 6 with 4429 viewsLeonisGod

Bumped. Get this watched boys and girls. Shows the mark of the man if nothing else, and it's a fascinating insight into trying to play football matches in a country that's tearing itself a part.

Should be of interest to football fans in general and not just because of our new links with Coach Bob (not there will be many non-swans fans on here - just our resident head slappers from up the road).
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 14:43 - Oct 6 with 4358 viewsNeiltheTaylor

That was very good. His wife seems a right laugh! Serious man though. If the football is good, he'll suit us

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 14:55 - Oct 6 with 4341 viewsattila_the_hun

Cracking documentary
still not too happy we are turning into Swansea KFC though

"I'm Free"

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 14:57 - Oct 6 with 4332 viewsAtticus

I believe Aboul-Magd only decided to make this documentary after the Port Said massacre and the Egyptian League was suspended. Everyone expected Bradley to quit or at least do the job from a distance at that point but he stayed in Cairo. What the film doesn't cover is that some of the pharaohs played in that game at Port Said and witnessed a fan die in their locker room as doctors desperately tried to save him. Two of them retired from football and the national team as a result. Another aspect of the adversity that Bradley faced in Egypt which this film doesn't address is the home and away draw with Ghana. Egypt took the maximum 18 points in qualifying up to that point (something the film says has never been done before) but still got placed in the weak pot for the home and away final qualifying round draw. Apparently the pots were determined by the teams FIFA ranking and not how they performed in the prior qualifying round. As a result, the Pharaohs had to face the best side in Africa in a home and away to qualify and they failed on goal differential. So in all of qualifying they lost 1 game, had the best qualifying record, and yet didn't get to go to the world cup.
Login to get fewer ads

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 14:59 - Oct 6 with 4326 viewsGlyn1

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 14:55 - Oct 6 by attila_the_hun

Cracking documentary

Well, obviously not. Not with your photograph.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 15:04 - Oct 6 with 4317 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 21:09 - Oct 5 by dameedna

Ghana much better. It was like watching two different sports.

Hadziadbic was doing a lot more.

Half of Americans wont know where Egypt is so credit to Bob for finding it.

Lets see how the lines go down in a more selective and professional set up.

I was in the shuttle train that connects the terminals in Atlanta airport a couple of weeks ago the conversation between two American businessmen went along these lines.

Who are we flying with next week Bob?
I think it is Air France JIm
Which country is that airline from then Bob?
France
Where is France Bob?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 15:12 - Oct 6 with 4299 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

wow
and people are judging him while out there.

tough time

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 15:30 - Oct 6 with 4284 viewsFieryJack

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 14:43 - Oct 6 by NeiltheTaylor

That was very good. His wife seems a right laugh! Serious man though. If the football is good, he'll suit us

Yes, she seemed to be getting pretty emotionally involved around the 46 min mark when watching a penalty on the tv - I can well imagine her getting rather stressed if she ever watches any of our games on Sky this season!
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 16:15 - Oct 6 with 4229 viewsDafyddHuw

Kudos Coach Bob, but how is this relevant to the footballing nous required to keep a struggling team in the Prem?
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 16:20 - Oct 6 with 4214 viewsattila_the_hun

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 14:55 - Oct 6 by attila_the_hun

Cracking documentary

as a cock I would never eat in that place

"I'm Free"

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 16:44 - Oct 6 with 4179 viewsLeonisGod

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 16:15 - Oct 6 by DafyddHuw

Kudos Coach Bob, but how is this relevant to the footballing nous required to keep a struggling team in the Prem?

I don't think anyone said it was.
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 16:59 - Oct 6 with 4139 viewsjojaca

A good watch, looks like a coach you would give 100%. He got some balls going to country in chaos. Just wished they had shown more technical stuff on training pitch, the only slight concern for me was his football language was basic and he reminded me of a dad coaching youngsters on a saturday morning, but that could be the language barrier.

Even when you know, you never know?

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 17:32 - Oct 6 with 4092 viewsNeiltheTaylor

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 14:57 - Oct 6 by Atticus

I believe Aboul-Magd only decided to make this documentary after the Port Said massacre and the Egyptian League was suspended. Everyone expected Bradley to quit or at least do the job from a distance at that point but he stayed in Cairo. What the film doesn't cover is that some of the pharaohs played in that game at Port Said and witnessed a fan die in their locker room as doctors desperately tried to save him. Two of them retired from football and the national team as a result. Another aspect of the adversity that Bradley faced in Egypt which this film doesn't address is the home and away draw with Ghana. Egypt took the maximum 18 points in qualifying up to that point (something the film says has never been done before) but still got placed in the weak pot for the home and away final qualifying round draw. Apparently the pots were determined by the teams FIFA ranking and not how they performed in the prior qualifying round. As a result, the Pharaohs had to face the best side in Africa in a home and away to qualify and they failed on goal differential. So in all of qualifying they lost 1 game, had the best qualifying record, and yet didn't get to go to the world cup.

Yeah, it was an interesting perspective to look back on generally after watching all that unfold on the news in real time.

Strange for him discussing Christmas with the players - and using it to engender tolerance and understanding between team mates was interesting. As was one of his mates being a Professor of Relgion.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 17:51 - Oct 6 with 4061 viewsyescomeon

Not Bradley or swans related but if want an uplifting football documentary I strongly recommend "next goal wins". It's about American Samoa, the worst team in the world, trying to qualify for the world cup. It's really good.

Upthecity!

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 18:31 - Oct 6 with 4004 viewsSwanzay

Very interesting documentary, he came across well!
American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 18:40 - Oct 6 with 3988 viewsSmellyplumz

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 15:30 - Oct 6 by FieryJack

Yes, she seemed to be getting pretty emotionally involved around the 46 min mark when watching a penalty on the tv - I can well imagine her getting rather stressed if she ever watches any of our games on Sky this season!

Yeah amazing, I've never seen an emotional American.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 19:05 - Oct 6 with 3950 viewsjojaca

American Pharaoh - Documentary about Bob Bradley in Egypt on 18:40 - Oct 6 by Smellyplumz

Yeah amazing, I've never seen an emotional American.

She won't have to worry, we don't exactly receive many penalties.

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024