Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gutted !!!!!! 16:12 - Oct 28 with 8406 viewsIAN05

On one hand a great statement from the Trust, clears up a lot and sorts out much of the mistruths going around.

Gutted for Huw Cooze though. A top man, who has worked unbelievably hard, often to the detriment to his business and at times his health.

Some of the personal stuff said about him has been shameful but he should walk away with head held high having done an overall fantastic job over the years.
Gutted !!!!!! on 20:53 - Oct 28 with 1510 viewsplasjack

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:45 - Oct 28 by Oldjack

Plenty of JB visit Spain

There is no hiding place for anyone anymore, social media has put paid to that.
Gutted !!!!!! on 21:10 - Oct 28 with 1470 viewsPhil_S

Gutted !!!!!! on 20:53 - Oct 28 by plasjack

There is no hiding place for anyone anymore, social media has put paid to that.

Indeed and some of them post on here when they are in Spain too
Gutted !!!!!! on 21:30 - Oct 28 with 1412 viewsLeonisGod

Gutted !!!!!! on 16:31 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

End of the day, he's resigned.

Your Trust have recognised the issues, have made steps to address the issue - which is exactly how it should be. Find an issue - resolve it.

Whilst some have been furiously beating themselves off "see, we were right, the Trust are nothing more than goddamn varmints!" the only ones benefitting are the Muricans. It seems you've an element looking to settle personal scores / self-aggrandise by slating your Trust for, well, everything whilst ignoring the fact destabilising your Trust is precisely what the Muricans are wanting...

Too right. It takes an outsider to see through the personal vendettas to the truth. There are more chips on shoulders round here than in Dick Barton's (that's a fish n chip shop for those who don't know Swansea. I met Kyle Bartley in there once ).

This site makes for pathetic reading at the moment. There's the far bigger issues of the sale and strength (or lack of) of the team right now.

Ps. Nobody needs to feel sorry for HC as he'll be carrying on business as usual by the sound of it. I don't know him, but he sounds very dedicated to the cause, so that can only be a good thing. People who have been slagging him off on here and stirring sh*tbthese last few days need to take a good look at themselves though.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 21:33]
Gutted !!!!!! on 21:36 - Oct 28 with 1391 viewsFlashberryjack

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:30 - Oct 28 by LeonisGod

Too right. It takes an outsider to see through the personal vendettas to the truth. There are more chips on shoulders round here than in Dick Barton's (that's a fish n chip shop for those who don't know Swansea. I met Kyle Bartley in there once ).

This site makes for pathetic reading at the moment. There's the far bigger issues of the sale and strength (or lack of) of the team right now.

Ps. Nobody needs to feel sorry for HC as he'll be carrying on business as usual by the sound of it. I don't know him, but he sounds very dedicated to the cause, so that can only be a good thing. People who have been slagging him off on here and stirring sh*tbthese last few days need to take a good look at themselves though.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 21:33]

I'm sure this would never have happened had people not voted for Brexit.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:37 - Oct 28 with 1388 viewsblueytheblue

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:36 - Oct 28 by Flashberryjack

I'm sure this would never have happened had people not voted for Brexit.

You wait till the referendum on USexit...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:44 - Oct 28 with 1372 viewsUxbridge

Gutted !!!!!! on 16:26 - Oct 28 by Dr_Winston

Uxy would be a good call. Stu Mac would be another.

Stu would be ideal. He'd have my unqualified backing.

Feel for Huw in the main though. Some of the comments have been vile. He did an excellent job representing the fans interests as the statement outlines. I wish him all the best in "retirement".

No doubt mistakes have been made, but they were mistakes not deliberate acts made with scant regard for the football club. Lessons have been learned, accepted and implemented on.

As for what happens next, the Trust had to move on and quickly. I don't think mass resignations are the way forward though. We need experience, skills and knowledge now more than ever. We mustn't dump the baby out with the bathwater. The likes of Phil are critical to that.

Interesting times ahead. Needless to say I'm sure certain people have loved the spotlight being turned away from them. That will change.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:48 - Oct 28 with 1358 viewsTheResurrection

Gutted !!!!!! on 19:30 - Oct 28 by Joe_bradshaw

As the SD role morphed into the SLO role in addition to the SD role the club (sell outs) have been very clever or sneaky depending on your perspective in getting the SD on the club payroll. As the workload and hence salary has increased so the ties become stronger and the blurring of the lines increased. The sell outs clearly jumped at the chance to install the SD in the role because it allowed them to keep a potential enemy very close indeed which is a very effective strategy.

The printing conflict of interest has always been more than uncomfortable and when coupled with the SD getting paid increasing amounts by the club, puts the Trust board in an indefensible situation with regard to lack of transparency on the whole situation. It's hard to listen to statements about the sell outs keeping the Trust in the dark when the Trust was keeping its membership in the dark. I think the Trust has been played like an old fiddle by the sell outs on this. Divide and conquer has worked a treat for them and Huw Cooze is the fall guy. Yes HC should have seen this coming and should have insisted on transparency but the Trust board has completely missed the warning signs. They knew that many were unhappy about the conflict of interest with the printing situation and that should have put them on alert about anything else that could become an issue as time passed. It must have crossed minds that the club paying the SD was at odds with the impression that the overwhelming majority of Trust members and other supporters had about the role. In other words, the Trust has allowed the sell outs to effect a strategy of divide and conquer by their failure to be open and transparent with its members.

Moving on, we need to come to a very quick conclusion as to whether we (the Trust) can work with the Americans or not and whether we are taking the sell outs to court or not. I don't think changing the personnel now would help us come to quick decisions on these matters but I would urge the likes of Uxbridge (who clearly saw the dangers when he got involved) to come to the fore in the Trust and push for decisions on these two matters as quickly as possible.

Then maybe early in 2017 the Trust could consider an extraordinary general meeting and new elections for all positions within the organisation where any member can stand for any position and a new board (including existing board members if they are elected) can take us forward.

Superb post

Joe, I have never said a bad word about you. Funny that innit when so many on here get it.

You should be involved in the Trust, much respect to you.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:50 - Oct 28 with 1345 viewsDr_Winston

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:44 - Oct 28 by Uxbridge

Stu would be ideal. He'd have my unqualified backing.

Feel for Huw in the main though. Some of the comments have been vile. He did an excellent job representing the fans interests as the statement outlines. I wish him all the best in "retirement".

No doubt mistakes have been made, but they were mistakes not deliberate acts made with scant regard for the football club. Lessons have been learned, accepted and implemented on.

As for what happens next, the Trust had to move on and quickly. I don't think mass resignations are the way forward though. We need experience, skills and knowledge now more than ever. We mustn't dump the baby out with the bathwater. The likes of Phil are critical to that.

Interesting times ahead. Needless to say I'm sure certain people have loved the spotlight being turned away from them. That will change.

Have had many conversations with SM over the years and his disapproval of the way certain things have been done during that period have shone through. He's a very smart cookie and has the time to dedicate to the role so for me he'd be ideal.

You're in second place if that's any consolation though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:54 - Oct 28 with 1326 viewsLoyal

118k in five and a half years and people want us to 'move on' Jesus fcking Christ people.
The supporters trust admits the governance was wrong, they made a mess of it. And Huw Cooze gets nigh on 120k. Fck off.

Just fck off.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:58 - Oct 28 with 1311 viewsTheResurrection

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:54 - Oct 28 by Loyal

118k in five and a half years and people want us to 'move on' Jesus fcking Christ people.
The supporters trust admits the governance was wrong, they made a mess of it. And Huw Cooze gets nigh on 120k. Fck off.

Just fck off.

EXACTLY!!

Just resign Slumber and take your cronies with you!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:08 - Oct 28 with 1282 viewsUxbridge

Gutted !!!!!! on 21:50 - Oct 28 by Dr_Winston

Have had many conversations with SM over the years and his disapproval of the way certain things have been done during that period have shone through. He's a very smart cookie and has the time to dedicate to the role so for me he'd be ideal.

You're in second place if that's any consolation though.

Wouldn't have it any other way!!

Known Stu for years. Pretty much got me to join the board. Very sharp, experienced, knowledgeable. Not sure he'd thank me for throwing hi s name into the hat mind!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 22:11]

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:11 - Oct 28 with 1271 viewsLoyal

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:08 - Oct 28 by Uxbridge

Known Stu for years. Pretty much got me to join the board. Very sharp, experienced, knowledgeable. Not sure he'd thank me for throwing hi s name into the hat mind!

You have to be when you can recieve as much as Huw did and nobody fcking says anything.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:17 - Oct 28 with 1249 viewsWatchman

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:08 - Oct 28 by Uxbridge

sadly met him several times and looked me up and down like a **** does not have my confidence

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:35 - Oct 28 with 1231 viewsUxbridge

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:11 - Oct 28 by Loyal

You have to be when you can recieve as much as Huw did and nobody fcking says anything.

I'm not going to defend the lack of transparency of the initial agreement to allow payments, and the subsequent increases. Shouldn't have happened.

Any payments should have gone to the Trust, not directly. If there were loss of earnings from performing the role then I have no issue with the being covered, but it should all be visible and then can be judged objectively.

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:40 - Oct 28 with 1219 viewsTheResurrection

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:17 - Oct 28 by Watchman

sadly met him several times and looked me up and down like a **** does not have my confidence

He's just gone up in my estimation

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:46 - Oct 28 with 1197 viewsWatchman

Gutted !!!!!! on 22:40 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

He's just gone up in my estimation

sorry Leigh

Gutted !!!!!! on 23:26 - Oct 28 with 1145 viewsJackUlation

Gutted !!!!!! on 16:27 - Oct 28 by IAN05

It does matter. I agree that they should have been disclosed but people were claiming on here that he was as good as fleecing the club - the figures prove not only that was definitely not the case but that there was a distinct reason why the figure increased so sharply in past 12 months.

I'm not convinced the SD should have had to resign over this - It is not his role to disclose these figures. They were unanimously approved by the Trust board

Wonders !, This is a leak, with the intention of deflecting all the crap
away from the sale of shares, if you listen carefully you can hear the laughter from beyond.
Gutted !!!!!! on 23:38 - Oct 28 with 1120 viewsWatchman

Gutted !!!!!! on 23:26 - Oct 28 by JackUlation

Wonders !, This is a leak, with the intention of deflecting all the crap
away from the sale of shares, if you listen carefully you can hear the laughter from beyond.

yep and the boy blunder has fallen for it

Gutted !!!!!! on 23:42 - Oct 28 with 1101 viewsTreorchyjack

Gutted !!!!!! on 16:23 - Oct 28 by Murph75

Can you think of anyone?

What's the criteria? Do you have to be honest?
Gutted !!!!!! on 23:54 - Oct 28 with 1067 viewsMurph75

Gutted !!!!!! on 23:42 - Oct 28 by Treorchyjack

Depends who's asking.
Gutted !!!!!! on 00:11 - Oct 29 with 1032 viewscockneyswan

Gutted !!!!!! on 23:42 - Oct 28 by Treorchyjack

😂😂😂😂
Gutted !!!!!! on 02:32 - Oct 29 with 976 viewsDJack

Gutted !!!!!! on 18:28 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

You're not that naive mate.

This is the real world, here, lets keep these posts real as well is it?

You should get back involved with the Trust. You're a sensible bloke and fair, except you're not being impartial here.

Hi mate, last time round you and I agreed/dis-agreed and we kept it civil so I ask we do the same now...

I don't know HC or IAN05 so have no feelings either way..BUT IAN05 is someone who has some knowledge of what ACTUALLY went on and you ask that he "keeps his posts real". I'm sorry mate but you suspected/knew some things but not all and he KNOWS most if not all and posted his views based upon that...Who's not impartial here is irrelevant as only one of you has the closest facts.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024