Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS 21:10 - Jan 21 with 14425 viewsexiledclaseboy

I've debated long and hard about posting this but I decided it was worth it as we've seen many threads and posts decrying the NHS and I wanted to redress the balance.

On 12 December my wife went for a routine examination which revealed "something nasty" in her bowel. No symptoms at all, simply a follow up from an unrelated problem from about a month before. Biopsies were taken and we were called back a few days before Christmas to have it confirmed that she has bowel cancer. She had a scan a few days after Christmas to check the cancer hadn't spread (thankfully it hadn't) and that was confirmed last Monday. Yesterday she had the operation to remove the tumour. She's now recovering in Morriston Hospital.

So from initial suspicion of something sinister on 12 December to probably life saving operation five weeks later on 20 January. We haven't had to worry about money and the care at every stage so far has been superb.

I realise that we can all only speak from our personal experiences and that not everyone's will mirror our own. But there is ours. Thank you, NHS.

Poll: Tory leader

The NHS on 16:15 - Mar 18 with 911 viewsdickythorpe

Tremendous progress made by MRS. ECB!!!
I hope you both just chill and enjoy life a bit.more.easily now.

Heartfelt wishes to all of you battling out there or supporting a loved one
The NHS on 16:54 - Mar 18 with 877 viewsCooperman

Fantastic news for both the ECB and LB families.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 22:13]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The NHS on 22:28 - Jul 27 with 597 viewsexiledclaseboy

Drunk and emotional but anther clear scan this week. Two and a half years on from her first op, and almost exactly two years since the thankfully incorrect diagnosis that it had spread and was incurable Mrs ECB is still kicking my arse all over the place and I love it.

Poll: Tory leader

The NHS on 22:29 - Jul 27 with 591 viewsDarran

The NHS on 22:28 - Jul 27 by exiledclaseboy

Drunk and emotional but anther clear scan this week. Two and a half years on from her first op, and almost exactly two years since the thankfully incorrect diagnosis that it had spread and was incurable Mrs ECB is still kicking my arse all over the place and I love it.

Legends. 🙌🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The NHS on 22:36 - Jul 27 with 573 viewsHumpty

Brilliant news.

Best wishes to you both.
The NHS on 22:52 - Jul 27 with 552 viewsBLAZE

Tremendous stuff! God bless the NHS

Lord Bony - what's the latest with you fella?
The NHS on 23:06 - Jul 27 with 531 viewsdickythorpe

Two fingers to cancer!!!! Nice result ECB'S!!!
The NHS on 00:51 - Jul 28 with 485 viewsGowerjack

As some of you know I was diagnosed with a cancerous growth on one of my kidneys.

From diagnosis to complete removal too know 5 weeks.

The care I received was excellent.

We really need to value and protect the NHS it is something that we should all care strongly about.

The barbarians and philistines are at the gates we need to be wary.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS on 01:06 - Jul 28 with 477 viewslonglostjack

Puts everything into perspective. Best wishes to you and yours.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The NHS on 08:58 - Jul 28 with 417 views3swan

Fantastic news. Man hug for you and a kiss for Mrs C xxxxxx
The NHS on 09:47 - Jul 28 with 390 viewswaynekerr55

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024