Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scientology 21:38 - Feb 18 with 4438 viewsswanjackal

Just watched a good documentary on it. "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief"

Anybody know of any scientologists?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Scientology on 09:22 - Feb 19 with 1349 viewsexiledclaseboy

Scientology on 09:20 - Feb 19 by Joe_bradshaw

That's not surprising really. The leave campaign was run by Tory boys, the remain campaign was run by Tory boys and Labour stayed in bed.

Innit. The entire referendum campaign was essentially an internal Tory party cock waving contest.

Poll: Tory leader

Scientology on 09:30 - Feb 19 with 1324 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 09:04 - Feb 19 by nice_to_michu

Heavily biased to whom?

The largest study into the BBC's political coverage showed that the Tories get significantly more airtime than Labour, and even more so when it comes to the EU.

To many things. For example, Gamergate coverage, taking a false narrative and running with it, even selectively editing interviews to cement their initial premise, instead of following evidence and making a true conclusion. There are many examples of them doing so on this case alone.

Thin skinned by producing hit articles on the main news page not reporting on the facts but opinion often occur too.

But this isn't really relevant to what I asked, as am still not sure what relevance this has to my post. Just seems an odd place to try to de-rail a thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Scientology on 11:40 - Feb 19 with 1270 viewsJimmyGilligan

I've been reading and watching everything I can find about Scientology for over a year. It fascinates me how governments just seem to turn a blind eye to them.

A few sites that might interest you:

Ex Scientologist Mike Rinder has a blog that he updates at least daily http://www.mikerindersblog.org/

As does Marty Rathbun https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

And Tony Ortega http://tonyortega.org/

Ron Miscavige (the father of David Miscavige 'the pope of scientology') wrote a book which is interesting called 'Ruthless'

David Miscavige's niece also wrote a book called 'Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape'

'A piece of blue sky' is one of the most detailed books on Scientology you'll find, and it's one Scientology tried to get banned.

There are dozens of others I could go into...

Leah Remini has a series called 'Scientology and the aftermath' easily found on kodi

Also look for 'My Scientology movie' by Louis Theroux, i found it quite easily on Kodi several months ago.

Angry Gay Pope on youtube is an entertaining watch too, he is one of many protesters in LA that harasses the sea org members there, and its usually very funny.
Scientology on 15:45 - Feb 19 with 1197 viewsHighjack

Scientology on 09:04 - Feb 19 by nice_to_michu

Heavily biased to whom?

The largest study into the BBC's political coverage showed that the Tories get significantly more airtime than Labour, and even more so when it comes to the EU.

And so they should, they are in government. I'm sure labour would have got far more airtime when Blair was in charge.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scientology on 20:07 - Feb 19 with 1114 viewsmonmouth

To be honest, I'd rather research the history and evolution of the tiddlywink than spend one second of my life thinking about the utter soft headed w*nkers that believe in a cult like Scientology, or religion for that matter.

Damn, I've just spent a minute on them typing this.

Fin.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Scientology on 20:09 - Feb 19 with 1107 viewsHighjack

Scientology on 09:22 - Feb 19 by exiledclaseboy

Innit. The entire referendum campaign was essentially an internal Tory party cock waving contest.

You didn't need the word 'waving'.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Scientology on 20:19 - Feb 19 with 1101 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

You can't blame them for trying, it's the most lucrative business in human history.

I walk past their 'Life Improvement Centre' on Tottenham Court Rd on the way to work every day and they never fail to try and shove a leaflet into my hands, selling some session or book or other, with a placard saying something like 'Are you depressed? Feeling down? Untapped potential?' etc to suck the miserable and despairing of London in.

They look at the market share of Christianity and Islam, for example, and think, f*ck, if we can just get a tiny percentage of this, we're gonna be millionaires next year Rodders...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Scientology on 20:25 - Feb 19 with 1085 viewsHighjack

Great piss take of Scientology.

Login to get fewer ads

Scientology on 20:30 - Feb 19 with 1078 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 20:19 - Feb 19 by FearOfAJackPlanet

You can't blame them for trying, it's the most lucrative business in human history.

I walk past their 'Life Improvement Centre' on Tottenham Court Rd on the way to work every day and they never fail to try and shove a leaflet into my hands, selling some session or book or other, with a placard saying something like 'Are you depressed? Feeling down? Untapped potential?' etc to suck the miserable and despairing of London in.

They look at the market share of Christianity and Islam, for example, and think, f*ck, if we can just get a tiny percentage of this, we're gonna be millionaires next year Rodders...

Not when they have over $1.6 billion (circa 2012) in assets according to their tax returns. It works it seems. Shows how foolish people can be,and how exploitative religions are.

Suck in the rich for donations, and the poor for free labour seems to be the mantra. I genuinely have nosympathy for those whojoin on their own volition,but the children that are born to it have little chance. Then again you can make that argument for any cult/religion/ideology.

Scientology on 20:41 - Feb 19 with 1058 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 20:07 - Feb 19 by monmouth

To be honest, I'd rather research the history and evolution of the tiddlywink than spend one second of my life thinking about the utter soft headed w*nkers that believe in a cult like Scientology, or religion for that matter.

Damn, I've just spent a minute on them typing this.

Fin.

I actually enjoy reading about it. I have read the Old and New Testaments (King James), the english version of The Qu'ran and Hadiths (I think I have read most of them, although I could have glossed over a few). the Bhagavad gita and a lot of other books/pamphlets around others. I want to read Dianetics but to be truthful, I have probably read enough around it to formualte a decent summary of it.

I always like to believe I have at least checked over as much detail as possible before rejecting anything. I will always try to give something a fair hearing.

I do understand your point though, it does take a special kind of mind to literally believe most of what is inside the books, even the so called historical events.

Scientology on 20:45 - Feb 19 with 1048 viewsmonmouth

Scientology on 20:41 - Feb 19 by swanjackal

I actually enjoy reading about it. I have read the Old and New Testaments (King James), the english version of The Qu'ran and Hadiths (I think I have read most of them, although I could have glossed over a few). the Bhagavad gita and a lot of other books/pamphlets around others. I want to read Dianetics but to be truthful, I have probably read enough around it to formualte a decent summary of it.

I always like to believe I have at least checked over as much detail as possible before rejecting anything. I will always try to give something a fair hearing.

I do understand your point though, it does take a special kind of mind to literally believe most of what is inside the books, even the so called historical events.

I'm impressed. Genuinely.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Scientology on 20:54 - Feb 19 with 1039 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 20:45 - Feb 19 by monmouth

I'm impressed. Genuinely.

Amazing what you begin to do when stoned off your box :P

One thing I will say, they are all a slog, took months for some as had to re-read paragraphs a lot as it very rarely made any sense.

Scientology on 22:45 - Feb 19 with 996 viewsDJack

To me you come across as an intelligent, articulate person who enjoys a bit of trolling/cerebral willy waving. Once again a PS poster has confounded my overly simplistic pigeon-holing.

Like Monny I'm also impressed. Da iawn.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Scientology on 23:01 - Feb 19 with 982 viewsWarwickHunt

Overheard in Tottenham Court Road many years ago -

Excuse me, would you like a free copy?
What is it?
The Bhagavad Gita.
No thanks
You should read it.
No thanks
Please take one - it's free
No thanks - not interested
Please - it's FREE!
No, really
Go on, it's free - please have it.
Oh for fûck's sake, go on then.
Would you like to make a donation?
Scientology on 06:50 - Feb 20 with 917 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 23:01 - Feb 19 by WarwickHunt

Overheard in Tottenham Court Road many years ago -

Excuse me, would you like a free copy?
What is it?
The Bhagavad Gita.
No thanks
You should read it.
No thanks
Please take one - it's free
No thanks - not interested
Please - it's FREE!
No, really
Go on, it's free - please have it.
Oh for fûck's sake, go on then.
Would you like to make a donation?

Substitute student halls of residence for Tottenham Court Road and fairly close to the same story :p

Also had a copy of the Communist Manifesto the same way. The problem with that was the same people came around a week or so later to discuss what I have read, had to tell them I was using the cover as roachs for my extra curricular activity. They didn't seem impressed.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 8:23]

Scientology on 07:15 - Feb 20 with 720 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 22:45 - Feb 19 by DJack

To me you come across as an intelligent, articulate person who enjoys a bit of trolling/cerebral willy waving. Once again a PS poster has confounded my overly simplistic pigeon-holing.

Like Monny I'm also impressed. Da iawn.

I can troll, sometimes it's too much fun not to, especially with people who repeat the same arguments ad nauseum without taking a step outside their own bubble to check many sources and the voracity of their claims. I can be a pedant alos, especially when asking for people to clarify their position or if there is a possible alternative viewpoint.

One thing though it's all done with a grin.

Scientology on 08:19 - Feb 20 with 705 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 11:40 - Feb 19 by JimmyGilligan

I've been reading and watching everything I can find about Scientology for over a year. It fascinates me how governments just seem to turn a blind eye to them.

A few sites that might interest you:

Ex Scientologist Mike Rinder has a blog that he updates at least daily http://www.mikerindersblog.org/

As does Marty Rathbun https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

And Tony Ortega http://tonyortega.org/

Ron Miscavige (the father of David Miscavige 'the pope of scientology') wrote a book which is interesting called 'Ruthless'

David Miscavige's niece also wrote a book called 'Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape'

'A piece of blue sky' is one of the most detailed books on Scientology you'll find, and it's one Scientology tried to get banned.

There are dozens of others I could go into...

Leah Remini has a series called 'Scientology and the aftermath' easily found on kodi

Also look for 'My Scientology movie' by Louis Theroux, i found it quite easily on Kodi several months ago.

Angry Gay Pope on youtube is an entertaining watch too, he is one of many protesters in LA that harasses the sea org members there, and its usually very funny.

Thank you sir.

Watched a bit of stuff, read a few blogs and websites and have read chapters from a few books and one full ("Inside Scientology" by Janet Reitman was interesting)

I done the exact thing with Islam a few years back, immersed myself in books and documentaries, even chatted on forums with a range of Muslims and ex Muslims. It's fascinating to me the control a religion has on actual thought of some people.

Scientology on 09:47 - Feb 21 with 657 viewsJonnyTheJack

Leah Remini was on Joe Rogan's podcast a couple weeks ago. She left scientology a few years ago and has her own series about it. This is a great 2 hours.
Scientology on 09:56 - Feb 21 with 647 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 09:47 - Feb 21 by JonnyTheJack

Leah Remini was on Joe Rogan's podcast a couple weeks ago. She left scientology a few years ago and has her own series about it. This is a great 2 hours.

Filthy laugh on the lass, and enjoys a spanking by her own words.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024