Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA CUP next season 18:41 - Feb 18 with 1265 viewsowainglyndwr

I know at this present time we have bigger fish to fry and our priorities are to stay in the premier league.
If achieved I would love us to make a good fist of going for the FA CUP maybe just to shut the boys in the East up and show that we have matched and achieved more to date.
FA CUP next season on 19:17 - Feb 18 with 1236 viewsSgorioFruit

but Swansea city are scared of the FA cup

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

FA CUP next season on 20:38 - Feb 18 with 1182 viewsChief

Bit of a moot point this I think, last 3 years at least we have fielded teams good enough to win the ties we played. Just so happens that the team on the day didn't perform.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

FA CUP next season on 20:48 - Feb 18 with 1167 viewsjack247

Winning the FA cup now wouldn't match them doing it when it was a meaningful competition.

On the flip side, staying in the PL as long as we have, in the current era, easily surpasses anything Cardiff have ever achieved.

The FA cup most of us grew up with has been dead for years. The only way it will become significant again is if the Premier League allow it to. Cup competitions in this country are (sadly) becoming about as important as the Copa Italia and the Copa del Rey
FA CUP next season on 21:01 - Feb 18 with 1151 viewsItchySphincter

FA CUP next season on 20:48 - Feb 18 by jack247

Winning the FA cup now wouldn't match them doing it when it was a meaningful competition.

On the flip side, staying in the PL as long as we have, in the current era, easily surpasses anything Cardiff have ever achieved.

The FA cup most of us grew up with has been dead for years. The only way it will become significant again is if the Premier League allow it to. Cup competitions in this country are (sadly) becoming about as important as the Copa Italia and the Copa del Rey

Disagree. We're one of a handful of PL clubs (past/present) not to have at least been in an FA Cup final. It would be up there with the biggest moments in the history of the club and we need to do it. Being an also-ran in the top flight does not make you part of the historical elite, winning the cup does.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

FA CUP next season on 21:12 - Feb 18 with 1136 viewsunion_jack

FA CUP next season on 21:01 - Feb 18 by ItchySphincter

Disagree. We're one of a handful of PL clubs (past/present) not to have at least been in an FA Cup final. It would be up there with the biggest moments in the history of the club and we need to do it. Being an also-ran in the top flight does not make you part of the historical elite, winning the cup does.

I couldn't disagree more. The FA Cup is a complete non-entity compared to the PL on so many levels. So what about history - though as a previous poster said there is less kudos in winning the cup now than there was in the 70s, 80s or 90s.

The PL us the be all and end all of English football and history will dictate that we have at least been 6 years and counting.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

FA CUP next season on 22:01 - Feb 18 with 1107 viewsjack247

FA CUP next season on 21:01 - Feb 18 by ItchySphincter

Take your point. It would be nice to win it or at least get to the final once. After that it's near enough insignificant. Winning it the best part of 100 years ago is pretty much irrelevant as far as I'm concerned
FA CUP next season on 22:05 - Feb 18 with 1101 viewsicecoldjack

If we want to win a trophy then we need a few more spanish players and Laudrup to return. !

Then we can all look forward to banishing them once we've played some european giants the following season .
FA CUP next season on 22:15 - Feb 18 with 1087 viewsdickythorpe

It's not lucrative enough to PL clubs out of the top 4/6

Burnley won't take long dwelling on losing to Lincoln.

Lincoln fans will love the moment but if it messes up their promotion back to the FL, you can bet they'd swap today for FL status.

Just because our cousins won it once in an era that was uncomparable today is not a reason for us to go and win it!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

FA CUP next season on 23:10 - Feb 18 with 1063 viewsGowerjack

It's a great shame that the FA Cup has been allowed to become so devalued. When I was a kid it was a genuine event,winning the cup was a major honour.

Nowadays it's not so special and I would have to say that preserving our PL status has to be the no one priority but I would so so love to win the Cup, what a great day out that would be...

So yep let's go for it next season!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

FA CUP next season on 23:40 - Feb 18 with 1043 viewsepaul

FA CUP next season on 23:10 - Feb 18 by Gowerjack

It's a great shame that the FA Cup has been allowed to become so devalued. When I was a kid it was a genuine event,winning the cup was a major honour.

Nowadays it's not so special and I would have to say that preserving our PL status has to be the no one priority but I would so so love to win the Cup, what a great day out that would be...

So yep let's go for it next season!

Yep, the only game you ever saw live was the final and the biggest decision was BBC or ITV, Motty or Moore, the build up was epic FA cup Grandstand, Its a FA Cup knockout and so on, youd dare not miss watching it

As said it's been so devalued I'd love us to win it though

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

FA CUP next season on 23:45 - Feb 18 with 1033 viewsGowerjack

FA CUP next season on 23:40 - Feb 18 by epaul

Yep, the only game you ever saw live was the final and the biggest decision was BBC or ITV, Motty or Moore, the build up was epic FA cup Grandstand, Its a FA Cup knockout and so on, youd dare not miss watching it

As said it's been so devalued I'd love us to win it though

Then go and replay the game on the green in front of your house...

Jumpers for Goalposts

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

FA CUP next season on 23:47 - Feb 18 with 1029 viewsNeathJack

I'd be quite prepared to agree to relegation if we were to win the FA Cup.

But then I'm a footballing romantic who considers actually winning something to be more important than another successful struggle against relegation.
FA CUP next season on 23:50 - Feb 18 with 1026 viewsTNT

FA CUP next season on 22:05 - Feb 18 by icecoldjack

If we want to win a trophy then we need a few more spanish players and Laudrup to return. !

Then we can all look forward to banishing them once we've played some european giants the following season .

Isn't that like saying, for Leicester to win the PL they should stick with Ranieri, Vardy etc.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

FA CUP next season on 00:44 - Feb 19 with 992 viewsepaul

FA CUP next season on 23:45 - Feb 18 by Gowerjack

Then go and replay the game on the green in front of your house...

Jumpers for Goalposts

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

FA CUP next season on 11:50 - Feb 19 with 909 viewsKilkennyjack

We should try to win it. So should every Prem team outside the big 6.

Only a few extra games.

No glory in avoiding relegation. Financial gain of course. Its it all about money you could go and 'support' Microsoft or Google or Amazon or something.

This football and winning the fA cup would be a marvellous thing.

Beware of the Risen People

FA CUP next season on 11:59 - Feb 19 with 899 viewsicecoldjack

FA CUP next season on 23:50 - Feb 18 by TNT

Isn't that like saying, for Leicester to win the PL they should stick with Ranieri, Vardy etc.

Not really. They need to resign kante first mun !!
FA CUP next season on 12:26 - Feb 19 with 883 viewsItchySphincter

FA CUP next season on 22:05 - Feb 18 by icecoldjack

Look out, Antony's ready with his stiffy.

FA CUP next season on 12:27 - Feb 19 with 878 viewsItchySphincter

FA CUP next season on 23:47 - Feb 18 by NeathJack

But then I'm a footballing romantic who considers actually winning something to be more important than another successful struggle against relegation.

Well said Neathie.

FA CUP next season on 12:30 - Feb 19 with 867 viewsperchrockjack

For Swansea ,winning the fa cup would be the greatest achievement by a mile, trophy wise anyway.

Might have lost its glory but se who ve not won it, the dream is still alive

We ll stay up this year and yeh ,let's go for it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

FA CUP next season on 12:55 - Feb 19 with 855 viewsDewi1jack

We won a cup mid season, playing mid week games every few weeks and it didn't knacker us.

I'd love to see our team win the FA Cup, not just to swap the shape of the corner flags, or to finally put the last remaining nail in the bragging rights of our Eastern cousins, but to put our name in the record books for all eternity.

Be a lovely day out in May as well!
Safe mid table in the Prem, FA Cup winners looking forward to yet another outing in the Europa League!
What a cracking way to start the off season and the countdown to the summer holibobs eh?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

FA CUP next season on 09:57 - Feb 21 with 720 viewsandypitt56

FA CUP next season on 12:55 - Feb 19 by Dewi1jack

We won a cup mid season, playing mid week games every few weeks and it didn't knacker us.

I'd love to see our team win the FA Cup, not just to swap the shape of the corner flags, or to finally put the last remaining nail in the bragging rights of our Eastern cousins, but to put our name in the record books for all eternity.

Be a lovely day out in May as well!
Safe mid table in the Prem, FA Cup winners looking forward to yet another outing in the Europa League!
What a cracking way to start the off season and the countdown to the summer holibobs eh?

you say that but we had a terrible run after the cup win. Laudrup was sacked the following season.
FA CUP next season on 12:25 - Feb 21 with 667 viewstrampie

2017 - Hull [AWAY]
2016 - Oxford [AWAY]
2015 - Tranmere [AWAY], Blackburn [AWAY]
2014 - Man Utd [AWAY], Birmingham [AWAY], Everton [AWAY]
2013 - Arsenal [home], Arsenal replay [AWAY]
2012 - Barnsley [AWAY], Bolton [AWAY]

7 away draws on the trot.
10 out of 11 FA Cup games away.
9 out of the last 10 draws drawn away.
90% of FA cup draws away from home since Swans have been in the Premier League.

Swans should prioritise the FA Cup, but there is little chance when they keep getting drawn away.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 12:27]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

FA CUP next season on 12:54 - Feb 21 with 618 viewsNOTRAC

Strange how for all the talk of the cup not being that important,five of the teams left in the quarter finals are top teams,Chelsea ManUtd,Spurs,Man City and Arsenal.
One would think that for premiership teams that have no chance of winning representation in Europe through the league, let alone winning the league, the F A Cup would be a priority.But year after year teams like ourselves virtually play our reserve sides in the competition with the excuse that even in January 'we can concentrate on the relegation battle'
Considering that in all rounds right up until the quarter finals, the matches are now played on blank Saturday's,when there are no Premiership games, it doesn't make any sense to me at all, why we in particular seem to treat the FA Cup with such indifference almost every year since we have been in the Premiership.
Is our real aim therefore only to survive in the Premier League, and not to attempt to win any other trophies.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

FA CUP next season on 13:46 - Feb 21 with 572 viewsLeonWasGod

FA CUP next season on 23:47 - Feb 18 by NeathJack

Hi Michael

I agree. That's what I liked about Laudrup as he understood the importance of winning cups.

It's not as majical as it used to be,, largely due to the televised 24/7 football saturation these days, but I'm still more likely to sit down and watch an FA cup match of lower league teams than WBA v Watford.
FA CUP next season on 13:54 - Feb 21 with 560 viewsCooperman

FA CUP next season on 09:57 - Feb 21 by andypitt56

you say that but we had a terrible run after the cup win. Laudrup was sacked the following season.

It's a good job the FA Cup final is at the arse end of the season then.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024