Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. 20:18 - Feb 26 with 1887 viewsswanskid95

I'm going to Orlando for a friend to watch Wrestlemania in a few weeks and find myself in a annoying situation, I'm going by train up to Manchester airport (last train) because there isn't enough time to get the early train, (7am flight) I arrive at 11pm into Piccadilly station, is there anything we can do to waste time? Or will our best idea is just to go to the airport and sit there? Any suggestions would be appreciated
Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 20:35 - Feb 26 with 1856 viewsCooperman

Your train will inevitably be late.
You've still got to get from Piccadilly to the airport.
For a 7am flight you'll be able to check in from about 4am.

So, I would tough it out. Grab a late night light bite to eat in Manchester and then head to the airport; have a few pints whichever side of security suits you; have a full English before you board; last but not least go to sleep on the plane having already been fed and watered.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 22:37 - Feb 26 with 1765 viewsBigPhilG

Enjoy Ash
Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 23:01 - Feb 26 with 1745 viewsWxmJax

Get to airport, anything goes awry and you're knackered. Metro link train is £5 from Piccadilly until around 1am. Have a good trip.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 23:43 - Feb 26 with 1720 viewsraynor94

Catch an earlier train book a hotel for the evening, and relax with a nice meal and a drink, plenty of hotels with transport to the Airport

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 23:52 - Feb 26 with 1709 viewsstevethejack

Head to the airport ASAP, and book the airport lounge - around £20, snacks and all booze included. It's after the security section.

Likely you'll get croissants and pastries at that time of the morning
Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 09:16 - Feb 27 with 1654 viewsperchrockjack

Steve the Jack gives good advice

It's a good airport

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 09:39 - Feb 27 with 1634 viewspikeypaul

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/escape-lounges

The lounge will not allow you in until 4am if you have 7am flight.Your allowed to enter 3 hours before your flight time.
I think it's.pointless checking in to a hotel since you would be checking out at 4am.
Personally I would get a curry and a drink around Piccadily then get the metro to the airport
by 1am with loaded up iPad and book and try to dose for a couple of hours at least you'll sleep on the flight.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 9:46]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 10:15 - Feb 27 with 1604 viewsWarwickHunt

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 09:39 - Feb 27 by pikeypaul

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/escape-lounges

The lounge will not allow you in until 4am if you have 7am flight.Your allowed to enter 3 hours before your flight time.
I think it's.pointless checking in to a hotel since you would be checking out at 4am.
Personally I would get a curry and a drink around Piccadily then get the metro to the airport
by 1am with loaded up iPad and book and try to dose for a couple of hours at least you'll sleep on the flight.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 9:46]

As long as you don't overdose...
Login to get fewer ads

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 12:27 - Feb 27 with 1545 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I would not want to walk around Manchester city centre late at night carrying a suitcase and many expensive personal belongings.

Perhaps wait an hour or so in the train station in one of the pubs upstairs before heading off to the airport. Spreading out the tedious time waiting in different places should not be too bad.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 18:08 - Feb 27 with 1471 viewsWxmJax

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 12:27 - Feb 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would not want to walk around Manchester city centre late at night carrying a suitcase and many expensive personal belongings.

Perhaps wait an hour or so in the train station in one of the pubs upstairs before heading off to the airport. Spreading out the tedious time waiting in different places should not be too bad.

Good info coming from someone who went to Uni in Manchester, sorry I meant Salford. On second thoughts probably best to ignore his advice then as he never went to Manchester.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 18:16 - Feb 27 with 1460 viewsDarran

Go here for a bum.

http://www.manchesterbars.com/mobile/location-gayvillage.htm

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wasting 6 hours in the AM of Manchester. on 23:00 - Feb 27 with 1370 viewssquarebear

The 19:51 from Swansea gets to Man Airport at 01.09. Surely you can bunk down on some seats for three hours? Got to be less hassle than going into the city itself. Piccadilly is far from the best area too. It'd be miserable there late at night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024