Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walesonline 09:55 - Mar 3 with 4623 viewsjohnlangy

Wales is unequal and people outside Cardiff feel neglected, says Leanne Wood in pledge to 'rebalance' country'

This is the first headline in Walesonline today. I haven't even read it yet (just about to) but thought i'd prompt anyone interested to check it out.
Walesonline on 16:09 - Mar 3 with 1162 viewsblueytheblue

Walesonline on 16:00 - Mar 3 by trampie

Top speech by Leanne, just watched it, good stuff I would say, opening up with a local element, outlining recent Plaid successes and talking about the future.

When she came off stage not just handshakes but lots of hugging, I did notice walking up the steps through the crowd to go out, there seemed to be a bit of a wobble, not a Hilary moment but a little shaky, could have been her high heels.

Bethan next on stage, remarked straight away what a tough gig she had to follow after Leanne's speech, lol.

Could have been her heels, could have been alcohol, could have been fear her injunction against her trampie stalker was rejected by the courts.

You are to Leanne whet Beliebers are to a talentless Canadian...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Walesonline on 16:32 - Mar 3 with 1135 viewsperchrockjack

Infantile?

Sexist?

FOOK ME SONNY

Leanne is no oil painting, in fact not even a water colour just a faded newspaper page you find at the bottom of a budgie cage or Parrot cage in the case of WaYyne

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Walesonline on 16:43 - Mar 3 with 1120 viewstrampie

Plaid seem confident going into the local elections in May, I wonder if they will make gains ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Walesonline on 17:23 - Mar 3 with 1091 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Walesonline on 16:32 - Mar 3 by perchrockjack

Infantile?

Sexist?

FOOK ME SONNY

Leanne is no oil painting, in fact not even a water colour just a faded newspaper page you find at the bottom of a budgie cage or Parrot cage in the case of WaYyne

Leanne is ugly

Corbyn is scruffy

Everything that's wrong in the world

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Walesonline on 17:43 - Mar 3 with 1064 viewsjohnlangy

Walesonline on 10:44 - Mar 3 by siralan

PC politicians would do exactly the same as Labour have done and go along with the neglect of the rest of Wales to the benefit of Cardiff once in the WAG just to promote their careers.

But the Welsh are dull enough to accept it and carry on voting Labour,we get what we deserve.

It's worth pointing out that Labour have actually done what you say for the last 20 years, invested an incredible amount in the South East while ignoring the rest of Wales. And it's stating the blindingly obvious that they won't change tack because they believe they're doing the right thing. And why wouldn't they when they keep being voted in by the Welsh electorate.

But there's no proof whatsoever that another party would do the same. Having said that, if it were to happen that PC became the largest party (very unlikely at the moment), it's almost certain that the seats that they would win would not be in the South East. Therefore, if they wanted to promote their careers they'd have to cultivate their support in the areas where their votes came from to maintain their position (the rest of Wales outside the South East).

Your last sentence saying we get what we deserve suggests you don't want Labour running the WAG. If not Labour then who ? The Conservatives ? UKIP ? Lib Dems ? (joke) So why not PC ? They're certainly, imo, the best of the rest and would definitely, again imo, spread investment around Wales as we're all calling for.
Walesonline on 17:48 - Mar 3 with 1056 viewsjohnlangy

Walesonline on 10:57 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

It is in their interests if they want to build a power base, Trampie.

When will people grasp that politicians in Wales are still politicians - just less competent than the average politician.

Could you explain to me why Welsh politicians are less competent than English, Scottish or Irish politicians ?

As Welsh politicians are just Welsh people you seem to be suggesting that you think Welsh people are less competent than others.
Walesonline on 17:51 - Mar 3 with 1047 viewsHighjack

Walesonline on 16:00 - Mar 3 by trampie

Top speech by Leanne, just watched it, good stuff I would say, opening up with a local element, outlining recent Plaid successes and talking about the future.

When she came off stage not just handshakes but lots of hugging, I did notice walking up the steps through the crowd to go out, there seemed to be a bit of a wobble, not a Hilary moment but a little shaky, could have been her high heels.

Bethan next on stage, remarked straight away what a tough gig she had to follow after Leanne's speech, lol.

I'd love to go for a drink with Beth but I fear id end up naked in a ditch clutching a traffic cone.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Walesonline on 17:53 - Mar 3 with 1043 viewslondonlisa2001

Walesonline on 17:43 - Mar 3 by johnlangy

It's worth pointing out that Labour have actually done what you say for the last 20 years, invested an incredible amount in the South East while ignoring the rest of Wales. And it's stating the blindingly obvious that they won't change tack because they believe they're doing the right thing. And why wouldn't they when they keep being voted in by the Welsh electorate.

But there's no proof whatsoever that another party would do the same. Having said that, if it were to happen that PC became the largest party (very unlikely at the moment), it's almost certain that the seats that they would win would not be in the South East. Therefore, if they wanted to promote their careers they'd have to cultivate their support in the areas where their votes came from to maintain their position (the rest of Wales outside the South East).

Your last sentence saying we get what we deserve suggests you don't want Labour running the WAG. If not Labour then who ? The Conservatives ? UKIP ? Lib Dems ? (joke) So why not PC ? They're certainly, imo, the best of the rest and would definitely, again imo, spread investment around Wales as we're all calling for.

The launch of their last manifesto (which was also all about spreading the love across Wales rather than just Cardiff) being held at the Cardiff City Stadium was a lovely touch I thought.

Muppets.
Login to get fewer ads

Walesonline on 17:54 - Mar 3 with 1039 viewsHighjack

Walesonline on 17:48 - Mar 3 by johnlangy

Could you explain to me why Welsh politicians are less competent than English, Scottish or Irish politicians ?

As Welsh politicians are just Welsh people you seem to be suggesting that you think Welsh people are less competent than others.

Possibly because they were educated at llanbobyl polytechnic instead of Oxbridge?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Walesonline on 17:58 - Mar 3 with 1032 viewslondonlisa2001

Walesonline on 17:48 - Mar 3 by johnlangy

He said politicians in Wales, not Welsh politicians.

By definition, the 'best' Welsh politicians end up in Westminster (as do the best of the SNP people). The exceptions being the ones who are in line for First Minister, as those are prestigious positions, but a rank and file AM is not as 'high up' in their chosen profession as a rank and file MP.
Walesonline on 17:58 - Mar 3 with 1030 viewsjohnlangy

Walesonline on 17:53 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

The launch of their last manifesto (which was also all about spreading the love across Wales rather than just Cardiff) being held at the Cardiff City Stadium was a lovely touch I thought.

Muppets.

Just a bit harsh Lisa.

As Trampie pointed out earlier, they 'spread the love across Wales' by holding their conferences in all corners of the country. Launching the manifesto at the Liberty would have been far better for me but it's inevitable that some PC announcements/conferences/etc etc will be held in Cardiff.
Walesonline on 18:00 - Mar 3 with 1018 viewsrock1n

Well you've also got to look at it like this:

Westminster:

650 ish MPs

330 ish to form Gov

Out of that you have a 1 in 10 chance roughly of running a department, which never tends to happen straight away

In WAG:

60 AM's

30 AM's balance of power?

10 Cabinet?

1 in 3 chance and majority tend to be in some responsibility.

Just on those simple maths you're likely to have an inferior Minister, especially when you consider much of the talent in Wales are MP's not AM's.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Walesonline on 18:03 - Mar 3 with 1003 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 17:58 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

He said politicians in Wales, not Welsh politicians.

By definition, the 'best' Welsh politicians end up in Westminster (as do the best of the SNP people). The exceptions being the ones who are in line for First Minister, as those are prestigious positions, but a rank and file AM is not as 'high up' in their chosen profession as a rank and file MP.

Adam Price scooped awards for best politician this and that when he was a MP but he is an AM these days, so the best politician in the whole of the UK could be an AM and not an MP.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Walesonline on 18:04 - Mar 3 with 998 viewsrock1n

Just checked AM's are paid 64k a year, MP's 74k

Bare in mind the difference in responsbilities, working hrs and the fact MP's live in London.

The WAG needs some accountability quickly

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Walesonline on 18:07 - Mar 3 with 990 viewslondonlisa2001

Walesonline on 17:58 - Mar 3 by johnlangy

Just a bit harsh Lisa.

As Trampie pointed out earlier, they 'spread the love across Wales' by holding their conferences in all corners of the country. Launching the manifesto at the Liberty would have been far better for me but it's inevitable that some PC announcements/conferences/etc etc will be held in Cardiff.

No, I thought it was utterly incompetent.

You don't launch a campaign about moving away from Cardiff in Cardiff, it is gross stupidity. And if they can't even grasp that, then God knows I wouldn't trust them with anything important.

The 'new' Plaid, are aiming to garner support in the valleys, appealing to the instincts of the disenfranchised and disgruntled - people who would be the first in four generations of their family to vote something other than Labour. When they talk about the rest of Wales, they are talking about the valley communities. The problem that they have, is those communities are more likely by the looks of it to turn to UKIP than Plaid, and by the time Plaid realise that, their core support will have become p*ssed off with their 'lefter than thou' shtick and they'll be left with nothing.
Walesonline on 18:13 - Mar 3 with 965 viewsHighjack

Walesonline on 18:03 - Mar 3 by trampie

Adam Price scooped awards for best politician this and that when he was a MP but he is an AM these days, so the best politician in the whole of the UK could be an AM and not an MP.

Price was always a constant thorn in Blairs side which is ok with me.

Walesonline on 18:14 - Mar 3 with 965 viewsrock1n

Walesonline on 18:03 - Mar 3 by trampie

He's someone I can respect, he does seem too good for the WAG probably why he was originally an MP.

But that's the calibre of politician that is needed.

The reality is we should have a situation where the WAG increases to 100 seats, becomes far more proportional in voting i.e. encourages plurality of parties.

We then reduce MP's to say 15 or so, so they look after regions and then we can devolve more power.

That would be the ideal but labour won't like it because they've gamed the system at present.

Within this though we need a robust media not the cosy consensus that we currently have.

Walesonline on 18:21 - Mar 3 with 955 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 17:58 - Mar 3 by johnlangy

Just a bit harsh Lisa.

Plaid launched their last General Election manifesto in Bangor, North Wales [if memory serves me right].

Walesonline on 18:39 - Mar 3 with 947 viewslondonlisa2001

Walesonline on 18:21 - Mar 3 by trampie

Plaid launched their last General Election manifesto in Bangor, North Wales [if memory serves me right].

Their last manifesto (which is what I said) was the Assembly elections in 2016. Later than the general election in 2015. And it was launched in the CCS.
Walesonline on 18:45 - Mar 3 with 938 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well BBC Cardiff skirted right around that. A couple of sentences on her objection to the Cardiff City Deal and the distribution of wealth across Wales. Any comments that Cardiff is having all the investment was not touched otherwise.
They concentrated on Leanne Cup Cakes, how difficukt it is for Plaid to get seats and an alleged bullying AM in her group.
Little surprise there. Anyone know what ITV Cardiff made if it?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 18:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Walesonline on 18:48 - Mar 3 with 929 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 18:39 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

Their last manifesto (which is what I said) was the Assembly elections in 2016. Later than the general election in 2015. And it was launched in the CCS.

Plaid go all over Wales, last Assembly manifesto launch was in Cardiff, last General Election launch was in Bangor, current Spring conference venue is Newport, last Autumn conference venue was Llangollen, previous Spring conference [to this one going on this weekend] was in Llanelli.

Cant say fairer than that, Plaid go around the country.

Walesonline on 18:49 - Mar 3 with 930 viewsrock1n

Walesonline on 18:45 - Mar 3 by Private_Partz

Well BBC Cardiff skirted right around that. A couple of sentences on her objection to the Cardiff City Deal and the distribution of wealth across Wales. Any comments that Cardiff is having all the investment was not touched otherwise.
They concentrated on Leanne Cup Cakes, how difficukt it is for Plaid to get seats and an alleged bullying AM in her group.
Little surprise there. Anyone know what ITV Cardiff made if it?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 18:47]

BBC Wales are beyond a joke, I know it's a cliche to have a go at BBC bias but it's hardly difficult to find on BBC Wales.

They get me quite angry at times, it really is fake news.

Always remember Betsan Powys just before an election talking about a tory war on Wales. Not a quote from a politician, just her 'report' beyond belief.

ITV Wales are only just slightly better, they at least cover beyond Cardiff and the valleys even if it's always pro WAG etc. I'll give them credit for venturing beyond Bridgent and Merthyr.

Walesonline on 19:50 - Mar 3 with 908 viewsblueytheblue

Walesonline on 18:39 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

Mandatory "We get everything" comment.

And I bet even our crowd was bigger than the Plaid one
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 19:51]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Walesonline on 21:25 - Mar 3 with 868 viewsKilkennyjack

Walesonline on 10:57 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

It is in their interests if they want to build a power base, Trampie.

When will people grasp that politicians in Wales are still politicians - just less competent than the average politician.

Not sure they created a world wide banking crises, and started a number of illegal wars mind.

Yeah we must be crap .....

Beware of the Risen People

Walesonline on 22:11 - Mar 3 with 845 viewscentrestandswan

What to expect if PC ever gets in . Saturday night TV not just on S4C. Don't get all excited now you all.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024