Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK 13:30 - Mar 17 with 2416 viewsShaky

. . .over lies about GCHQ involvement in wiretapping Trump Tower:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/17/us-makes-formal-apology-britain-white

Now only 116 apologises left to go:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/24/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-che

(as of last week, this is a rapidly moving target obviously.)

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 13:57 - Mar 17 with 1456 viewslondonlisa2001

They're literally making things up as they go along. Normally repeating the misinformed crap being continually broadcast on Fox.

Picked on the wrong organisation this time though. I imagine Trump would do well to avoid p*ssing off GCHQ. As might Murdoch.
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 14:06 - Mar 17 with 1446 viewsblueytheblue

Well, playing Devil's Advocate, GCHQ would hardly admit it if they were wire tapping...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 14:11 - Mar 17 with 1439 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 14:06 - Mar 17 by blueytheblue

Well, playing Devil's Advocate, GCHQ would hardly admit it if they were wire tapping...

And the US government would hardly make a public and humiliating apology if there was any truth in it.
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 14:14 - Mar 17 with 1426 viewsblueytheblue

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 14:11 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

And the US government would hardly make a public and humiliating apology if there was any truth in it.

Unless they had something on him.

Oh sh*t, I've said too much.... heeeeellllllpppp...

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 15:06 - Mar 17 with 1394 viewssherpajacob

Trump using Fox news as his information source would be like the Theresa May getting her view of British public opinion from the Daily mail.

Edit : Shirley no senior British politician would have such tunnel vision.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 15:13]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 15:19 - Mar 17 with 1373 viewsLeonWasGod

Spicer quoting Fox News

Isn't Fox news supposed to be reporting what comes out of the White House, not the other way round?

They must think the electorate are stupid.
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 15:30 - Mar 17 with 1364 viewsLohengrin

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 14:14 - Mar 17 by blueytheblue

Unless they had something on him.

Oh sh*t, I've said too much.... heeeeellllllpppp...

Ha! You've read my mind!

...then again we are a 'banality laden' tag team 'lacking in intelligence', apparently. So from one dullard to another perhaps it's not that surprising.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 17:20 - Mar 17 with 1301 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 15:19 - Mar 17 by LeonWasGod

Spicer quoting Fox News

Isn't Fox news supposed to be reporting what comes out of the White House, not the other way round?

Could you argue the point in the last sentence? They did elect him after all.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 17:47 - Mar 17 with 1277 viewsDavillin

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 15:19 - Mar 17 by LeonWasGod

Spicer quoting Fox News

Did you watch that Press Conference?

Your post clearly indicates that you did not.

Spicer cited about 10 or 12 media outlets who all took the same position on the alleged surveillance, Fox News was just one of them. Most of the rest were part of the Democrat party apparatus who let the cat out of the bag before they realized the import of the story..

That doesn't matter to you and your fellow "America can do no right" posters on here, though, does it?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 18:02 - Mar 17 with 1255 viewsblueytheblue

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 15:30 - Mar 17 by Lohengrin

Ha! You've read my mind!

...then again we are a 'banality laden' tag team 'lacking in intelligence', apparently. So from one dullard to another perhaps it's not that surprising.

Did you notice that "banal" contains "anal"?

Wonder if that was a freudian slip on the part of the person making that comment?

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 18:08 - Mar 17 with 1251 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 17:47 - Mar 17 by Davillin

Spicer cited about 10 or 12 media outlets who all took the same position on the alleged surveillance, Fox News was just one of them. Most of the rest were part of the Democrat party apparatus who let the cat out of the bag before they realized the import of the story..

That doesn't matter to you and your fellow "America can do no right" posters on here, though, does it?

Wrong.

Spicer read out reports re surveillance from various news organisations. The specific claim re GCHQ was made by Fox News' Andrew Napolitano. Spicer quoted him verbatim and GCHQ mentioned him by name in their rubbishing of the claim.

The truth transparently doesn't matter to Trump and his f*ckwit administration but let's try to get the facts straight on here at least.
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 19:21 - Mar 17 with 1190 viewsnice_to_michu

Why do you keep claiming ultimate authority over anything to do with America, when you are so frequently misguided?

With regards to GCHQ wire tapping Trump, Trump replied today with:

"We said nothing, all we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on TV," said President Trump.

"I didn't make opinion on it, that was statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox [News]", he added, saying that reporters "shouldn't be talking to me, you should be talking to Fox".

So, yes, Fox News was central to this story. But maybe the are part of the Democrtic Party apparatus now ;)
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 19:26]
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 19:32 - Mar 17 with 1173 viewsexiledclaseboy

It's probably fake news. Or an alternative fact. Or the mainstream media. Or the liberal media. Or any combination of those. Certainly won't be the fault of the incompetent game show host the USA managed to elect as president or the fault of the coterie of f*ckwits, white supremacists or conspiracy theorists he's populated his administration with.

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 19:46 - Mar 17 with 1160 viewsblueytheblue

All countries spy on each other.

It's more newsworthy when you find out a nation isn't spying.

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:04 - Mar 17 with 1133 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 19:46 - Mar 17 by blueytheblue

All countries spy on each other.

It's more newsworthy when you find out a nation isn't spying.

That's irrelevant.

The specific accusation was that GCHQ wire tapped Trump Tower before Trump was President, on behalf of Obama so that American Intelligence Services were able to keep their hands clean.
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:05 - Mar 17 with 1131 viewsblueytheblue

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:04 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

That's irrelevant.

The specific accusation was that GCHQ wire tapped Trump Tower before Trump was President, on behalf of Obama so that American Intelligence Services were able to keep their hands clean.

Hardly the most outlandish claim ever.

Spying is a very murky world.

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:10 - Mar 17 with 1121 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:05 - Mar 17 by blueytheblue

Hardly the most outlandish claim ever.

Spying is a very murky world.

It's a pretty phenomenal claim as it happens, hence the almost unprecedented denial from GCHQ.

You do understand how serious a claim against Britain this is? And you'd still prefer to back Trump? Who MADE IT UP.
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:13 - Mar 17 with 1110 viewsJack_Meoff

Why would anyone need to spy on him? Just follow the mad b@stard on Twitter...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:14 - Mar 17 with 1109 viewsDarran

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:13 - Mar 17 by Jack_Meoff

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:14 - Mar 17 with 1108 viewsblueytheblue

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:10 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

It's a pretty phenomenal claim as it happens, hence the almost unprecedented denial from GCHQ.

You do understand how serious a claim against Britain this is? And you'd still prefer to back Trump? Who MADE IT UP.

I'm not backing Trump, Lisa.

I'm saying we don't know.

Nations don't just spy on government agents, prominent businessmen are also major targets.

GCHQ denied because not denying it, in an internet era of cynicism and conspiracy theories would spin it to be an admission of guilt.

Did they do it? No idea.
Do I care if they did? Nope.

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:18 - Mar 17 with 1102 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:13 - Mar 17 by Jack_Meoff

Ha. Brilliantly put.

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:21 - Mar 17 with 1095 viewsLeonWasGod

No Dav, not the whole thing only the clips. Fair enough if it was broadly reported, but my basic premise remains - why does the flow of info appear to flow press>government and not government >press.

I've not got an "America can do no right" attitude at all. I just think Trump is a joke, dangerous and an embarrassment to America. And my view on that is coloured by family and work colleagues in the States, not just our selective media.

You're sounding as paranoid as Bob if you don't mind me saying. The reaction here is to Trump, not Americans.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:23 - Mar 17 with 1089 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:14 - Mar 17 by blueytheblue

I'm not backing Trump, Lisa.

I'm saying we don't know.

Nations don't just spy on government agents, prominent businessmen are also major targets.

GCHQ denied because not denying it, in an internet era of cynicism and conspiracy theories would spin it to be an admission of guilt.

Did they do it? No idea.
Do I care if they did? Nope.

Bluey.

You're saying 'we don't know' about a twist in a story (by Fox News), that was made up in the first place (by Breitbart).

Get a bloody grip.

[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 20:26]
Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:24 - Mar 17 with 1089 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:21 - Mar 17 by LeonWasGod

No Dav, not the whole thing only the clips. Fair enough if it was broadly reported, but my basic premise remains - why does the flow of info appear to flow press>government and not government >press.

I've not got an "America can do no right" attitude at all. I just think Trump is a joke, dangerous and an embarrassment to America. And my view on that is coloured by family and work colleagues in the States, not just our selective media.

You're sounding as paranoid as Bob if you don't mind me saying. The reaction here is to Trump, not Americans.

Your last sentence is crucial. To paint Trump critics as being fundamentally anti-American en masses is childish and ridiculous.

Trump Administration formally apologises to UK on 20:28 - Mar 17 with 1075 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Lovely meeting with Merkel today .

What a f@cking beauty he is 😂

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024