Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A letter from WWI 16:13 - Apr 9 with 2678 viewsDarran

Just been given a file of old family letters and I know some people like this kind of stuff.

This one shows that in 1913 my great grandfather bought my great uncle out of the army for £18.
He signed back up in 1914 and got killed in action in France in 1916.
(We're a lucky family us)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A letter from WWI on 12:58 - Apr 10 with 263 viewssquarebear

Langemark? I took this during a visit there a couple of years ago. My guide was a Belgian chap who tailored the tour for us (Taffs accompanied by some Kiwi friends). Got his business card somewhere if anyone needs. He even had complimentary beers in his cool box.

A letter from WWI on 13:05 - Apr 10 with 256 viewsNeath_Jack

I'd love to be taken on a guided tour of the Falklands myself, if i ever win the lottery......

Just read probably my 20th book on the war (conflict) over there, the best yet as well. 3 Days In June, for anyone that's into that sort of thing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A letter from WWI on 13:57 - Apr 10 with 238 viewsTreforys_Jack

A letter from WWI on 12:58 - Apr 10 by squarebear

Langemark? I took this during a visit there a couple of years ago. My guide was a Belgian chap who tailored the tour for us (Taffs accompanied by some Kiwi friends). Got his business card somewhere if anyone needs. He even had complimentary beers in his cool box.

Yes, we made an unscheduled stop there as he knew there were some Welsh on the tour, . Dragon looked stunning especially as it was on a sea of daffodils.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024