Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans 13:19 - Apr 22 with 30527 viewsLandore_Jack

It comes against a back-drop of supporter anger and frustration at the team's fortunes on and off the field.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chairman-

#backtojack

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 22:38 - Feb 26 with 1323 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 22:29 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

You seem to have attention difficulties. "No plan no confirmation".

It is a term loan. It has a maximum time period. Normally around 2 years. Buy new shares or take your money back. I do not know the date. Mr Winter knows it as he would hypothetically have to pay it back. It looks like a plan to me.

What were you saying about 'digs' a few posts back?

And of course "I do not insult other posters" Resloven (2022).

So what am I not paying attention to then? 'normally' 2 years. But they haven't confirmed this is one is two years..... You don't know the date....so why why they confirmed it? Whys there secrecy?

Does Winter know it? If he does why hasn't he provided us fans with more information regarding it? There's conflicts with what he's said previously on it & what's come out surrounding the settlement now too. Maybe Winter doesn't know.

This looks like a plan?:
- 2 years term loan (although it might not be)(5 years was the old story)
- After which they buy new shares (or take the money back)
- Winter knows (doesn't look like he does)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 00:16 - Feb 27 with 1266 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 22:38 - Feb 26 by Chief

What were you saying about 'digs' a few posts back?

And of course "I do not insult other posters" Resloven (2022).

So what am I not paying attention to then? 'normally' 2 years. But they haven't confirmed this is one is two years..... You don't know the date....so why why they confirmed it? Whys there secrecy?

Does Winter know it? If he does why hasn't he provided us fans with more information regarding it? There's conflicts with what he's said previously on it & what's come out surrounding the settlement now too. Maybe Winter doesn't know.

This looks like a plan?:
- 2 years term loan (although it might not be)(5 years was the old story)
- After which they buy new shares (or take the money back)
- Winter knows (doesn't look like he does)

The details of the convertible loan note are written down in the form of an agreement that needs to be honoured. Information on these agreement on line suggest they are generally short term agreements to provide money for start up businesses in the main of companies looking for investment.

The have a FIXED term period. This is subject to commercial confidentiality. (The terms of you mortgage is your business and nobody else's outside the bank and the credit rating agencies.) It is unusual for clubs to divulge these terms. Why should they?

From what i have read they are short term arrangements. Two years the general term. Silverstein says he is an investor not looking for short term returns. The US people are the same so I expect them to convert within the next 12 months.

Winter must know the term of the CLN and must know if he needs to make plans to pay it back. You can ask him. He is an experienced man and probably will not give you an answer as it it is none of your business.

The plan is to convert on the period date. I do not know this date. Silverstein wants to become a part owner of the club and is already on the board.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 00:33 - Feb 27 with 1266 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 00:16 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

The details of the convertible loan note are written down in the form of an agreement that needs to be honoured. Information on these agreement on line suggest they are generally short term agreements to provide money for start up businesses in the main of companies looking for investment.

The have a FIXED term period. This is subject to commercial confidentiality. (The terms of you mortgage is your business and nobody else's outside the bank and the credit rating agencies.) It is unusual for clubs to divulge these terms. Why should they?

From what i have read they are short term arrangements. Two years the general term. Silverstein says he is an investor not looking for short term returns. The US people are the same so I expect them to convert within the next 12 months.

Winter must know the term of the CLN and must know if he needs to make plans to pay it back. You can ask him. He is an experienced man and probably will not give you an answer as it it is none of your business.

The plan is to convert on the period date. I do not know this date. Silverstein wants to become a part owner of the club and is already on the board.

- needs to be honoured - but what will be honoured? Your last post suggested there were two outcomes. Could 18months and counting be classed as a short term agreement?

- didn't they tell us 5 years previously then. Transparency, goodwill gesture to fans. Any number of reasons. If there's a plan why not share it.

- so why doesn't he invest and not just loan then. Wow so another 12 months on top of the 18months. Not so short term this. What's the hold up I wonder.

- you could ask him too. As a fan of the club very concerned about its finances you should. Or as I alluded to earlier.....are your double standards rearing it's ugly head? After all this 12million quid that the club currently owes. You made a big deal out of that when you tried to pin responsibility for it on the trust. Any even minded fan should be just as enthusiastic regarding it now the trust distraction is gone. But you seem apathetic. Strange that.

- haha and it's ok for Winter to tell me to mind my own business about the club's finances...... But the trust's own personal finances must be heavily scrutinised constantly! Strange that

- how do you the plan is to convert on the period date then? Has that been announced? Why don't you or the rest of us know the date? Why the secrecy? If Silverstein wants to become part owner he needs to convert. He's had 18months to do so and still nothing set in stone. Yes by being on the board he's got a say in what happens to the money he's loaned in. Maybe, just maybe he doesn't fancy converting.

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 00:36 - Feb 27 with 1265 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 00:33 - Feb 27 by Chief

- needs to be honoured - but what will be honoured? Your last post suggested there were two outcomes. Could 18months and counting be classed as a short term agreement?

- didn't they tell us 5 years previously then. Transparency, goodwill gesture to fans. Any number of reasons. If there's a plan why not share it.

- so why doesn't he invest and not just loan then. Wow so another 12 months on top of the 18months. Not so short term this. What's the hold up I wonder.

- you could ask him too. As a fan of the club very concerned about its finances you should. Or as I alluded to earlier.....are your double standards rearing it's ugly head? After all this 12million quid that the club currently owes. You made a big deal out of that when you tried to pin responsibility for it on the trust. Any even minded fan should be just as enthusiastic regarding it now the trust distraction is gone. But you seem apathetic. Strange that.

- haha and it's ok for Winter to tell me to mind my own business about the club's finances...... But the trust's own personal finances must be heavily scrutinised constantly! Strange that

- how do you the plan is to convert on the period date then? Has that been announced? Why don't you or the rest of us know the date? Why the secrecy? If Silverstein wants to become part owner he needs to convert. He's had 18months to do so and still nothing set in stone. Yes by being on the board he's got a say in what happens to the money he's loaned in. Maybe, just maybe he doesn't fancy converting.

And again of paramount importance, when will we get the addresses of the lawyers working on these aspects. I know how strongly you feel about those pesky ambulance chasers but you're just not getting the answers. I feel for you my agricultural chum.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 0:38]

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:03 - Feb 27 with 1183 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 00:36 - Feb 27 by Chief

And again of paramount importance, when will we get the addresses of the lawyers working on these aspects. I know how strongly you feel about those pesky ambulance chasers but you're just not getting the answers. I feel for you my agricultural chum.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 0:38]

My view held for 6-7 years has been fully vindicated.

The Trust leadership around 2014 -2016 should have taken investment advice which without doubt would have been to sell up and hold a probably a 5 % holding. (This could have been defended against dilution}. A 95% holding in a non elite football team is investment insanity being classed as "Super high risk".

The Trust did not sell because they had a faulty strategy that members did not pick up on. Namely getting to 25%. Once they had 25% they could block share issues and prevent their own dilution.

This would be bad for the club. I raised these issues on SCFC2 and the grey forum regular "grandees" intimidated the owner to get me banned. Perhaps card holding members of a political party prevalent in South Wales at a guess. 'Donald' or 'Douglas' who owned the forum folded. I had broken no rules. My opinion were not acceptable to some.

The Trust who led members to believe there was a £21m pay day at the end of the legal rainbow settled for 2% of this valuation but sill hold shares worth around £6m. If everything goes well they could still get a £30m payday. Even if diluted to the 5% (highly unlikely) a Premier leagues sale would be worth £10m more than what they would have got from the brainless deal promoted by the current Boards predecessors.

Hitch on the wagon and get back to work. There is a lot to play for. Its on grass not the courtroom and for 3 times as much.

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:12 - Feb 27 with 1171 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:09 - Feb 26 by Chief

Resloven can't realise how ridiculous that sounds.

The trust contacted the selling shareholders as soon as they heard of the sale saying they wanted to be involved and wouldn't consider selling shares.

They were largely ignored.

Phil et al. Shared this info in the months after it. Funny that...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:27 - Feb 27 with 1167 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:03 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

My view held for 6-7 years has been fully vindicated.

The Trust leadership around 2014 -2016 should have taken investment advice which without doubt would have been to sell up and hold a probably a 5 % holding. (This could have been defended against dilution}. A 95% holding in a non elite football team is investment insanity being classed as "Super high risk".

The Trust did not sell because they had a faulty strategy that members did not pick up on. Namely getting to 25%. Once they had 25% they could block share issues and prevent their own dilution.

This would be bad for the club. I raised these issues on SCFC2 and the grey forum regular "grandees" intimidated the owner to get me banned. Perhaps card holding members of a political party prevalent in South Wales at a guess. 'Donald' or 'Douglas' who owned the forum folded. I had broken no rules. My opinion were not acceptable to some.

The Trust who led members to believe there was a £21m pay day at the end of the legal rainbow settled for 2% of this valuation but sill hold shares worth around £6m. If everything goes well they could still get a £30m payday. Even if diluted to the 5% (highly unlikely) a Premier leagues sale would be worth £10m more than what they would have got from the brainless deal promoted by the current Boards predecessors.

Hitch on the wagon and get back to work. There is a lot to play for. Its on grass not the courtroom and for 3 times as much.

But where are Silverstein and the other American's lawyers from?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:29 - Feb 27 with 1163 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:12 - Feb 27 by waynekerr55

Phil et al. Shared this info in the months after it. Funny that...

Yea, easier for Resloven to ignore it

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:48 - Feb 27 with 1128 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:27 - Feb 27 by Chief

But where are Silverstein and the other American's lawyers from?

I do not care where the lawyers are from or where the clubs bankers are from . If they do a days work for a days pay that is fine by me. (at the going rate).

If they are legal and financial services people looking for quick payday of half the Trust legal award then it should go to the membership clear for all to see.

I speculated it was £7m costs. It seems it was higher than this at £11m. The Trust chairman indicated they would be left with less than half of their award if successful.

Swansea Supporters Trust was set up to benefit Swansea and South West Wales amd under privileged in the main not highly privileged London legal people and financiers.

You worked diligently for the ruling elite who happened in this case to be based in London England. You seem to favour Wales in less important matters like the national football team.

I am all for the Trust making £30,000,000 by playing well on grass and returning to the Premier League. I want to see a much bigger commercial and charitable footprint, and less posturing statements.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 18:50]

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:11 - Feb 27 with 1121 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:48 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not care where the lawyers are from or where the clubs bankers are from . If they do a days work for a days pay that is fine by me. (at the going rate).

If they are legal and financial services people looking for quick payday of half the Trust legal award then it should go to the membership clear for all to see.

I speculated it was £7m costs. It seems it was higher than this at £11m. The Trust chairman indicated they would be left with less than half of their award if successful.

Swansea Supporters Trust was set up to benefit Swansea and South West Wales amd under privileged in the main not highly privileged London legal people and financiers.

You worked diligently for the ruling elite who happened in this case to be based in London England. You seem to favour Wales in less important matters like the national football team.

I am all for the Trust making £30,000,000 by playing well on grass and returning to the Premier League. I want to see a much bigger commercial and charitable footprint, and less posturing statements.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 18:50]

That's strange. You were very concerned where the trust's lawyers were from.

Not sure why you're harking back to the "small town politics" of the past.

Im talking about the present and future. And this CLN that is still just that.

Do you have your questions ready for the winter forum?

Will the first be one be regarding the geographical location of the lawyers?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:47 - Feb 27 with 1107 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:29 - Feb 27 by Chief

Yea, easier for Resloven to ignore it

I really don't get it. It's job done and dusted. Wathan and co did a great hatchet job so I see no reason for it to continue

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:49 - Feb 27 with 1103 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:47 - Feb 27 by waynekerr55

I really don't get it. It's job done and dusted. Wathan and co did a great hatchet job so I see no reason for it to continue

Gloating.

Despite the fact that the like of Resloven, Badlands etc maintain the sellouts did nothing wrong but they pulled a Prince Andrew and settled.

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:49 - Feb 27 with 1098 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:11 - Feb 27 by Chief

That's strange. You were very concerned where the trust's lawyers were from.

Not sure why you're harking back to the "small town politics" of the past.

Im talking about the present and future. And this CLN that is still just that.

Do you have your questions ready for the winter forum?

Will the first be one be regarding the geographical location of the lawyers?

I do not care where the Trust's lawyers were from.

The convertible loan note will be converted into shares when its term ends or before. This is normally 2-3 years from what I have read.

I suspect there was little or no chance of it happening before the resolution of the legal case.

I would like to ask Mr Winter what progress has been made on the 3 g pitches promised a a result of the Stadium lease deal. Has it been delayed by Covid issues?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:12 - Feb 27 with 1082 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:49 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not care where the Trust's lawyers were from.

The convertible loan note will be converted into shares when its term ends or before. This is normally 2-3 years from what I have read.

I suspect there was little or no chance of it happening before the resolution of the legal case.

I would like to ask Mr Winter what progress has been made on the 3 g pitches promised a a result of the Stadium lease deal. Has it been delayed by Covid issues?

- That's quite the U-turn. You on a daily basis made reference to the trust's lawyers being from a geographical location. Now you don't care. Why wouldn't you care anymore then????

- That's great but seeing as this concerns Swansea City FC we should have specifics for this particular CLN. The trust issue is over with now. Yet no further mention of conversion.

- Indeed that is a good question.

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 22:14 - Feb 27 with 1031 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:12 - Feb 27 by Chief

- That's quite the U-turn. You on a daily basis made reference to the trust's lawyers being from a geographical location. Now you don't care. Why wouldn't you care anymore then????

- That's great but seeing as this concerns Swansea City FC we should have specifics for this particular CLN. The trust issue is over with now. Yet no further mention of conversion.

- Indeed that is a good question.

I consider the London area to be a wealth vortex. Simply by the way the country is set up wealth gravitates from Wales, Scotland, the north and West towards London. Banks and the Government Military and main media organisations Royalty airports etc.

The south east is where housing subsidies and tax breaks are most beneficial. Billions are spent on transport. The beneficiaries of the great banking Scam of 2009 when lame duck banks were bailed out by the tax payer or extra debts onto the tax payer.

Despite this the dwellers of the south east sniffliy declare that Wales is subsidised and could not survive without London subsidies (without considering all the benefits the south east gets. Without government subsides the housing system and banks would crash.)

Within this context it would have been a kick in the nuts to see Swansea city club (a Welsh US owned business ) money £11m heading into the pockets south east based financial opportunists who I parodied for effect.

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 07:07 - Feb 28 with 1001 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 22:14 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I consider the London area to be a wealth vortex. Simply by the way the country is set up wealth gravitates from Wales, Scotland, the north and West towards London. Banks and the Government Military and main media organisations Royalty airports etc.

The south east is where housing subsidies and tax breaks are most beneficial. Billions are spent on transport. The beneficiaries of the great banking Scam of 2009 when lame duck banks were bailed out by the tax payer or extra debts onto the tax payer.

Despite this the dwellers of the south east sniffliy declare that Wales is subsidised and could not survive without London subsidies (without considering all the benefits the south east gets. Without government subsides the housing system and banks would crash.)

Within this context it would have been a kick in the nuts to see Swansea city club (a Welsh US owned business ) money £11m heading into the pockets south east based financial opportunists who I parodied for effect.

- the trust had to use specialists in the field of business law. This is is obvious. You can't one minute accuse them of small town politics then criticise them for looking across the whole British legal community for the best representation against a multinational opposition.

- all of what you have written there is applicable to anything and every legal and quasi legal operation that requires representation in relation to the club. And yet the only time you ever query and (relentlessly bang on about it) is when the trust want to use their own personal funds to acquire it.

You're a hypocrite.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 7:17]

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 22:59 - Jul 25 with 789 viewsbonymine

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 07:07 - Feb 28 by Chief

- the trust had to use specialists in the field of business law. This is is obvious. You can't one minute accuse them of small town politics then criticise them for looking across the whole British legal community for the best representation against a multinational opposition.

- all of what you have written there is applicable to anything and every legal and quasi legal operation that requires representation in relation to the club. And yet the only time you ever query and (relentlessly bang on about it) is when the trust want to use their own personal funds to acquire it.

You're a hypocrite.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 7:17]

Interesting thread from a few years back ………🤔🤔

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 11:00 - Jul 26 with 671 viewsBest_loser

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 22:59 - Jul 25 by bonymine

Interesting thread from a few years back ………🤔🤔

Bit like watching an old episode of Steptoe or the likely lads , takes you back to where and what you were doing at the time
Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:45 - Jul 26 with 553 viewsKeithHaynes

Did he clear the air 😳

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:04 - Jul 26 with 512 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 11:00 - Jul 26 by Best_loser

Bit like watching an old episode of Steptoe or the likely lads , takes you back to where and what you were doing at the time

Chief is Harold and Resolven old man Steptoe?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 21:10 - Jul 26 with 471 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:04 - Jul 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Chief is Harold and Resolven old man Steptoe?

Ah, chief, we remember him well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024