Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What policies would you vote for? 08:18 - Apr 27 with 9345 viewsjojaca

Just to throw a few in the air.

1) Ban zero hours/flexi contracts.
2) Minimum 20k per annum for full time work.
3) Ban buy to let(house is for living in).
4) Nationalize energy
5)............

Even when you know, you never know?

What policies would you vote for? on 23:18 - Apr 27 with 1401 viewsrock1n

What policies would you vote for? on 22:50 - Apr 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

By the way

They are all labour policy's

Bar No 10 of course .

Seems some are playing the man not the ball

As I said all pie in the sky - most people are not idiots
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 23:18]

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

What policies would you vote for? on 00:07 - Apr 28 with 1373 viewsKilkennyjack

United Ireland within EU
Independent Scotland to rejoin EU
Independent Wales to rejoin EU
Make England a republic outside EU

Privatise the Royal Mail completely cos they are all bast@rds

Oh yes - and scrap Trident...

Beware of the Risen People

What policies would you vote for? on 01:22 - Apr 28 with 1363 viewsDJack

What policies would you vote for? on 09:47 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

Confiscating people's property is not proper left wing policy - it's the Soviet Union.

And teachers need that do they? What about the ones earning £40k plus in Swansea so double what the average private sector wòrker is probably on? What about head teachers on over £100k in London?

And people wonder why the Labour Party is in disarray.

"Confiscating people's property is not proper left wing policy - it's the Soviet Union."

I think not...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What policies would you vote for? on 01:57 - Apr 28 with 1358 viewsDJack

1 . ALL infrastructure to have government control conditions whether or not nationalised - I believe that privatisation has failed the country but understand the cost of nationalisation of all the industries may not work but an "emergency veto" is needed for infrastructure security.

2. Cudey's point - "Stop any kind of "right to buy" social housing policy or at least severely restrict it. Not a single council/housing authority property to be sold until an equivalent has been built and made available to replace it. "

3. Again Cudey "Immediate electoral reform to a properly proportional system to ensure that the votes cast are reflected in parliament for once." - this is a change of heart for me.

4. Rockin's point " Take students out of immigration figures "

5. Rockin's "Emphasis on investment in green technology*

6. Rockin's "Make cutting obesity as big a health concern as smoking"

7. Tommy's "£500 billion National Investment Bank to help the economy recover after Brexit "

8.Tommy's "A commitment to the renewal of the Trident nuclear deterrent " Not particularly happy with this but in the Trump/Putin world it is a necessary evil.

9. Jojaca's "Ban zero hours/flexi contracts."

10. Make it a condition, that when government asks for a report for subject matter experts they don't then undermine them if the result is not what the government wanted. NO government (political) interference to undermine science etc.

11. Cross party committees with outside expert support to provide ALL infrastructure and national long term planning strategy/commitments. When the cross party committee has agreed the commitment CANNOT be stopped by any government, along the timeline, UNLESS they can persuade another Independent team of experts (NOT selected by the government) that they are right to change the plan - i.e. No political/ideological football with the counties future upon new governments taking office.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What policies would you vote for? on 06:57 - Apr 28 with 1340 viewsEdmundo

Re-nationalise the rail network, The Steel works, B.T, British Gas....Post Offices......I'm sure there's loads more👍😁

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

What policies would you vote for? on 09:14 - Apr 28 with 1307 viewsperchrockjack

United Ireland .Given mcdonnells support ,that would be a goer

Doesn't matter what majority think eh

United in shame

Back to bombing then ,Killy.? It's the only way son, because it won't come via the ballot box

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What policies would you vote for? on 10:31 - Apr 28 with 1289 viewslondonlisa2001

What policies would you vote for? on 22:44 - Apr 27 by yescomeon

Just out of interest, is it purely a financial objection you have to nationalising energy?

No.

It would end up inefficient, lacking investment, no innovation or stimulus to seek to innovate, lack of competition would lead to a fall off in customer service, and it would be more expensive for the user.

Look at any business without competition and ask yourself what incentive they have any longer to do the best job that they can.
What policies would you vote for? on 10:34 - Apr 28 with 1279 viewsperchrockjack

Day off today ? Lisa

Login to get fewer ads

What policies would you vote for? on 10:37 - Apr 28 with 1278 viewssherpajacob

Reduce the pension of all retired police officers to the level of the average private sector worker.

Would save £billions.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

What policies would you vote for? on 10:40 - Apr 28 with 1273 viewsperchrockjack

You need to research police pensions,how they are funded and when they apply

Better still, ask one of our serving Police Officers

Scum eh, sherp

Overpaid with fat pensions

What policies would you vote for? on 11:00 - Apr 28 with 1262 viewsLoyal

What policies would you vote for? on 10:37 - Apr 28 by sherpajacob

Reduce the pension of all retired police officers to the level of the average private sector worker.

Would save £billions.

What is the police pension criteria ?
Anyone know ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What policies would you vote for? on 11:08 - Apr 28 with 1252 viewsperchrockjack

Yes.
Look it up

Vastly changed and without even so much as a threat of a strike.

These chunts just take it

What policies would you vote for? on 11:30 - Apr 28 with 1242 viewssherpajacob

What policies would you vote for? on 11:00 - Apr 28 by Loyal

What is the police pension criteria ?
Anyone know ?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cop-that-taxpayers-cost-of-police-pensions-so

An "unfunded" scheme, ie the tax payer picks up the bill for any shortfall from contributions made (which is £billions)

They changed it in 2015, by increasing member contributions, retirement age, and reducing accrual rates (all things that private schemes did in the 90's), but it is still an "unfunded defined benefit scheme" paid for out of taxation.

A very very good friend is a serving police officer, his previous career includes service with prudential (in their final salary scheme) and the Royal mail, he tells me categorically that his current police pension scheme is by far the best scheme he has ever been a member of. Accrual rate approx. 1/55th. Teachers and Nurses are 1/80th

Approx contribution rates in current scheme : member 13% / employer 21%.
In a private sector defined contribution scheme, those are "where do I sign" terms.

The terms of those already retired officers from pre 2015 schemes were of course even better.

What policies would you vote for? on 11:37 - Apr 28 with 1233 viewslondonlisa2001

What policies would you vote for? on 11:30 - Apr 28 by sherpajacob

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cop-that-taxpayers-cost-of-police-pensions-so

An "unfunded" scheme, ie the tax payer picks up the bill for any shortfall from contributions made (which is £billions)

They changed it in 2015, by increasing member contributions, retirement age, and reducing accrual rates (all things that private schemes did in the 90's), but it is still an "unfunded defined benefit scheme" paid for out of taxation.

A very very good friend is a serving police officer, his previous career includes service with prudential (in their final salary scheme) and the Royal mail, he tells me categorically that his current police pension scheme is by far the best scheme he has ever been a member of. Accrual rate approx. 1/55th. Teachers and Nurses are 1/80th

In a private sector defined contribution scheme, those are "where do I sign" terms.

The terms of those already retired officers from pre 2015 schemes were of course even better.

The NHS is the biggest unfunded pension scheme in terms of deficit. Then the teachers, then civil service, then soldiers, then police. The deficit is running at something like £53k per head of the population.

It's a nightmare.
What policies would you vote for? on 11:45 - Apr 28 with 1227 viewspikeypaul

What policies would you vote for? on 09:14 - Apr 28 by perchrockjack

United Ireland .Given mcdonnells support ,that would be a goer

Doesn't matter what majority think eh

United in shame

Back to bombing then ,Killy.? It's the only way son, because it won't come via the ballot box

Terrorist loving scum like Killy do not believe in Demoxracy.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

What policies would you vote for? on 12:04 - Apr 28 with 1217 viewssherpajacob

What policies would you vote for? on 11:08 - Apr 28 by perchrockjack

Yes.
Look it up

Vastly changed and without even so much as a threat of a strike.

These chunts just take it

Who was home secretary when they changed it for the worse?

What policies would you vote for? on 16:42 - Apr 28 with 1174 viewsKilkennyjack

What policies would you vote for? on 11:45 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

Terrorist loving scum like Killy do not believe in Demoxracy.

Ow listen now small pants - almost all the people who support a united ireland do so without supporting any acts of violence at all. Its called a political view. About 35 million citizens of the US would fit into this very category. There is now peace in ireland - i hope you are as pleased as i am.

All for democracy small pants, go have a referendum across the island of Ireland and the result would of course be a united Ireland tomorrow. A united Ireland in Europe. Sounds good.

And ulster alone will be majority republican in the next 10 years or so. Fact.

So democracey is a one way street to a united Ireland. Its just a matter of time. As night follows day.

You still keen on democracy, small pants ?

Beware of the Risen People

What policies would you vote for? on 19:11 - Apr 28 with 1125 viewsLoyal

What policies would you vote for? on 11:30 - Apr 28 by sherpajacob

I have also spoken to a friend who is a detective in Cardiff today ( the brother of the officer who save the lives of two family members ) on this very subject. He joined in 1990 and has three years to go. He is in the old pension scheme. He retires in three years with a commutation of £115,000 and £1300 a month. Not bad, but he won't be able to live on £1300 a month in Cardiff. However he will only be 54. To achieve this he has contributed intially 11% and for the past five years 14.75% of his salary. Around £550 a month. A big sum. Other threshold payments have been removed and not replaced costing him 30k up to his retirement date, one which was pensionable. This lost him 9k in pension. He signed up for an 11% contribution had it changed midway through by the govt, if a pension provider did this they would be run out of town, but it's ok, it's the police.

He has been hospitalised four times, stabbed in the head, lost nine teeth and run over breaking his arm and his leg. He has had no injury payments and continues does front line duties, I'm not entirely sure what that means but he is working tonight at 10pm.

He went on to say the new officers do get a pretty poor deal. 21k starting pay and a constable never earning more than 28k throughout their service. I suppose thought that's what they sign up for and you make your bed. Equally if people were envious of the old scheme then maybe they should have joined the coppers themselves and taken an advantage, but I suppose not everyone is up to it.

Edit - inc you trample 😂 Down arrowing cnt 😂
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 19:17]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

What policies would you vote for? on 19:28 - Apr 28 with 1109 viewslondonlisa2001

What policies would you vote for? on 19:11 - Apr 28 by Loyal

I have also spoken to a friend who is a detective in Cardiff today ( the brother of the officer who save the lives of two family members ) on this very subject. He joined in 1990 and has three years to go. He is in the old pension scheme. He retires in three years with a commutation of £115,000 and £1300 a month. Not bad, but he won't be able to live on £1300 a month in Cardiff. However he will only be 54. To achieve this he has contributed intially 11% and for the past five years 14.75% of his salary. Around £550 a month. A big sum. Other threshold payments have been removed and not replaced costing him 30k up to his retirement date, one which was pensionable. This lost him 9k in pension. He signed up for an 11% contribution had it changed midway through by the govt, if a pension provider did this they would be run out of town, but it's ok, it's the police.

He has been hospitalised four times, stabbed in the head, lost nine teeth and run over breaking his arm and his leg. He has had no injury payments and continues does front line duties, I'm not entirely sure what that means but he is working tonight at 10pm.

He went on to say the new officers do get a pretty poor deal. 21k starting pay and a constable never earning more than 28k throughout their service. I suppose thought that's what they sign up for and you make your bed. Equally if people were envious of the old scheme then maybe they should have joined the coppers themselves and taken an advantage, but I suppose not everyone is up to it.

Edit - inc you trample 😂 Down arrowing cnt 😂
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 19:17]

Not commenting on the rest of your post at all, but just would point out that pension contributions are made out of gross pay not net, so it doesn't really cost people £550 a month or whatever it is.
The pension is a very generous one and one that is beyond the dreams of most private sector workers, let alone at 54.
What policies would you vote for? on 19:33 - Apr 28 with 1097 viewsexiledclaseboy

What policies would you vote for? on 19:28 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

Not commenting on the rest of your post at all, but just would point out that pension contributions are made out of gross pay not net, so it doesn't really cost people £550 a month or whatever it is.
The pension is a very generous one and one that is beyond the dreams of most private sector workers, let alone at 54.

It is a nice pension but they do contribute more than most public sector types.

I will say though that £28k per year max for a constable is ridiculously low given the potential dangers they face.

Poll: Tory leader

What policies would you vote for? on 19:37 - Apr 28 with 1091 viewslondonlisa2001

What policies would you vote for? on 19:33 - Apr 28 by exiledclaseboy

It is a nice pension but they do contribute more than most public sector types.

I will say though that £28k per year max for a constable is ridiculously low given the potential dangers they face.

Not arguing with either of those points - I was just pointing out that the contributions are always made out to be more than they really are because of the tax effect.
What policies would you vote for? on 19:38 - Apr 28 with 1087 viewsexiledclaseboy

What policies would you vote for? on 19:37 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

Not arguing with either of those points - I was just pointing out that the contributions are always made out to be more than they really are because of the tax effect.

I dont understand pensions. All I know is mine costs me a lot but I'm sure it'll be worth it when I'm eventually allowed to retire.

What policies would you vote for? on 19:44 - Apr 28 with 1076 viewsLoyal

What policies would you vote for? on 19:28 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

If people want the coppers to have what other public sector workers have, then don't ask them to pay the high amounts they do - or pay what others pay, what is it 3% ? Nothing ?

Can't have your cake and eat it.

Edit - most public and private sector workers don't work shifts or get their head stoved in ....
Admittedly it's you make your bed etc .... but I'm not sure anyone would want to be rolling about on the floor with a drunken idiot aged 54 on a Saturday night.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 19:46]

What policies would you vote for? on 19:47 - Apr 28 with 1066 viewsLoyal

What policies would you vote for? on 19:37 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

£500 is £500 no matter which way you look at it .....

What policies would you vote for? on 19:52 - Apr 28 with 1062 viewsexiledclaseboy

What policies would you vote for? on 19:44 - Apr 28 by Loyal

If people want the coppers to have what other public sector workers have, then don't ask them to pay the high amounts they do - or pay what others pay, what is it 3% ? Nothing ?

Can't have your cake and eat it.

Edit - most public and private sector workers don't work shifts or get their head stoved in ....
Admittedly it's you make your bed etc .... but I'm not sure anyone would want to be rolling about on the floor with a drunken idiot aged 54 on a Saturday night.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 19:46]

Especially for £21k a year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024