Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa 10:43 - May 12 with 6499 viewsthereisnospoon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4497662/Arbeloa-heading-West-H

I seriously don't get why Jenkins is so obsessed with signing the same players that he targeted years ago. No club has more of the same targets from window to window than us. And it doesn't matter how old and washed up that player gets. It's like Jenkins is impervious to time or something. We were first linked with Arbeloa in 2014:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-face-comp

Ridiculous. This summer it's absolutely essential that we get a new right back to replace that sack of crap Naughton. But Alvaro freaking Arbeloa is not the answer.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 10:53 - May 12 with 5039 viewsKGriz16

I doubt any of these reports are true. Rangel is 32, and Arbeloa is surely 33/34.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 10:58 - May 12 with 5003 viewslifelong

It's the Daily Mail and Walesonline.. file under crap.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:07 - May 12 with 4983 viewswaynekerr55

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 10:58 - May 12 by lifelong

It's the Daily Mail and Walesonline.. file under crap.

With Gonzo Jenkins seemingly still in control, rule nothing out...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:17 - May 12 with 4950 viewslifelong

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:07 - May 12 by waynekerr55

With Gonzo Jenkins seemingly still in control, rule nothing out...

I get this feeling that you're not too keen on HJ.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:19 - May 12 with 4940 viewswaynekerr55

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:17 - May 12 by lifelong

I get this feeling that you're not too keen on HJ.

How did you guess Lifey?

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:22 - May 12 with 4920 viewsthereisnospoon

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 10:53 - May 12 by KGriz16

I doubt any of these reports are true. Rangel is 32, and Arbeloa is surely 33/34.

Everyone said the Emnes and N'Gog reports were untrue and bogus and look what happened. Never underestimate the foolishness of Huw Jenkins my son.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:24 - May 12 with 4905 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Haven't you realized? Jenkins always gets his man. We saw it with Emnes, Olsson, Carroll, etc. We were linked with those lads for window after window before they were signed.

It's only a matter of time before we snap up Kenwyne Jones and Junior Hoilett.

Come on you Swans.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:24 - May 12 with 4905 viewswaynekerr55

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:22 - May 12 by thereisnospoon

Everyone said the Emnes and N'Gog reports were untrue and bogus and look what happened. Never underestimate the foolishness of Huw Jenkins my son.

Is the correct answer

Login to get fewer ads

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:26 - May 12 with 4894 viewsnantywatcher

"This summer it's absolutely essential that we get a new right back to replace that sack of crap Naughton."
There are some real first class morons on this site, and you probably tell people you're a fan - FFS!
The last 3 games Naughton has hardly put a foot wrong, the longer this current back four play together the stronger they will get. I wrote on here back in November that the FF/AM partnership was our best option but it needed time to bed in, and I'm saying here and now that KN is more than good enough to be first choice next season.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:27 - May 12 with 4882 viewslifelong

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:19 - May 12 by waynekerr55

How did you guess Lifey?

Not sure, sixth sense maybe?
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:32 - May 12 with 4867 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 10:53 - May 12 by KGriz16

I have reason to believe they are given that we've been linked with him before. And the thing is we already tried signing a 34 year old earlier this year in January with Alessandro Diamanti. The player himself confirmed it but said that he wanted to stay in Italy:

http://www.ilovepalermocalcio.com/di-marzio-palermo-interesse-dello-swansea-per-

Come on you Swans.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:37 - May 12 with 4856 viewsyescomeon

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:26 - May 12 by nantywatcher

"This summer it's absolutely essential that we get a new right back to replace that sack of crap Naughton."
There are some real first class morons on this site, and you probably tell people you're a fan - FFS!
The last 3 games Naughton has hardly put a foot wrong, the longer this current back four play together the stronger they will get. I wrote on here back in November that the FF/AM partnership was our best option but it needed time to bed in, and I'm saying here and now that KN is more than good enough to be first choice next season.

More than good enough is pushing it a bit. He's a passable 1st choice right back at best. With the age of Rangel we need to bring in another right back to provide competition. If it was me, I'd be looking for an upgrade on Naughton, especially if we are looking to play the diamond next season (which I think we should).

Upthecity!

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:47 - May 12 with 4830 viewswaynekerr55

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:27 - May 12 by lifelong

Not sure, sixth sense maybe?

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:53 - May 12 with 4812 viewsicecoldjack

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:26 - May 12 by nantywatcher

Beat me to it.

Naughton while not world class has as much to take credit for as any other player lately, the boy has done really well, people forget how he shut out the likes of Martial and rashford away at old trafford.

If the boy got a bit more support from the jack army he would get better too! note how clement grabbed him and walked him to the crowd to celebrate after the Everton game, he is definitely a confidence player but as far as his effort goes he's done as well as can be exepected.

I'm not saying he is the best around but he is steady player for the money paid and for us to upgrade on him we will need to spend proper cash.
Sometimes some of our players need total backing no matter what, Nauts is one of those, full back is probably the hardest position to play these days and if you have a walk about winger in front of you it makes a difficult job harder, the boys doing just fine IMO.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:59 - May 12 with 4788 viewswaynekerr55

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:53 - May 12 by icecoldjack

Beat me to it.

Naughton while not world class has as much to take credit for as any other player lately, the boy has done really well, people forget how he shut out the likes of Martial and rashford away at old trafford.

If the boy got a bit more support from the jack army he would get better too! note how clement grabbed him and walked him to the crowd to celebrate after the Everton game, he is definitely a confidence player but as far as his effort goes he's done as well as can be exepected.

I'm not saying he is the best around but he is steady player for the money paid and for us to upgrade on him we will need to spend proper cash.
Sometimes some of our players need total backing no matter what, Nauts is one of those, full back is probably the hardest position to play these days and if you have a walk about winger in front of you it makes a difficult job harder, the boys doing just fine IMO.

We do need competition though. We have a nice balance with Ollson and Kingsley, the same needs to be replicated to give Naughts some competition.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:19 - May 12 with 4725 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 11:53 - May 12 by icecoldjack

Beat me to it.

"I'm not saying he is the best around but he is steady player for the money paid and for us to upgrade on him we will need to spend proper cash."

This isn't true at all. It doesn't cost good money to buy a decent right back. In just the last 2 years many decent, even world class right backs have been purchased for less than what we paid for Naughton, in some cases substantially less. Southampton got Cedric Soares for £3m, Torino got Bruno Peres for €2m (he's now rated at £17m with Arsenal and Man City interested), Sassuolo got Vrsaljko for £4m (he was just sold last summer to Atletico for €16m), Sevilla got Mariano for €3m, Spurs got Trippier for £3.5m, Genoa got Ansaldi for €4m, Celta Vigo got Roncaglia for free. I can go on and on.

Come on you Swans.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:19 - May 12 with 4720 viewsnantywatcher

Mentioning Rangel - on January 3rd I wrote that Rangel's 'foolhardy' run into the Crystal Palace box and his 88th minute winner, could be the two points difference that keeps us up. Without that goal for certain CP would be beyond our reach today and sufficiently comfortable about facing Hull. A very very important goal.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:25 - May 12 with 4696 viewsnantywatcher

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:19 - May 12 by MyFinalHeaven

"I'm not saying he is the best around but he is steady player for the money paid and for us to upgrade on him we will need to spend proper cash."

This isn't true at all. It doesn't cost good money to buy a decent right back. In just the last 2 years many decent, even world class right backs have been purchased for less than what we paid for Naughton, in some cases substantially less. Southampton got Cedric Soares for £3m, Torino got Bruno Peres for €2m (he's now rated at £17m with Arsenal and Man City interested), Sassuolo got Vrsaljko for £4m (he was just sold last summer to Atletico for €16m), Sevilla got Mariano for €3m, Spurs got Trippier for £3.5m, Genoa got Ansaldi for €4m, Celta Vigo got Roncaglia for free. I can go on and on.

And would any of that lot fancied moving to Swansea? I think I can answer that one myself.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:31 - May 12 with 4670 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:25 - May 12 by nantywatcher

And would any of that lot fancied moving to Swansea? I think I can answer that one myself.

Absolutely. Not only are we a Premier League club, but we also pay high wages. According to the latest reports the wage bills of Celta Vigo, Torino, Sassuolo, Genoa, and even Sevilla are absolutely dwarfed by ours. I'm sure many of those guys would have killed to play here.

Come on you Swans.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:33 - May 12 with 4654 viewsthereisnospoon

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:25 - May 12 by nantywatcher

What kind of stupid question is this? Would any player choose small, lower half Serie A clubs like Genoa or Sassuolo that pays absolute peanuts over Swansea? You tell me.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:35 - May 12 with 4642 viewsjohnlangy

I agree nanty. A ridiculous thing to say bearing in mind his form over those games (the whole team's form).

I've not been his greatest fan and thought of him as the weak link in the defence but talk like that is pathetic.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:40 - May 12 with 4623 viewsmacthejack

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:19 - May 12 by nantywatcher

Mentioning Rangel - on January 3rd I wrote that Rangel's 'foolhardy' run into the Crystal Palace box and his 88th minute winner, could be the two points difference that keeps us up. Without that goal for certain CP would be beyond our reach today and sufficiently comfortable about facing Hull. A very very important goal.

I completely agree, huge goal in the context of the season.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:44 - May 12 with 4616 viewsLeonWasGod

To be fair to Naughton it can't be easy being an escaped goat.

(I think we miss the added positivity and directness that Rangel gave us and Olsson now does on the other side. Even more so when we play narrow though the middle and no wingers. Naughton is certainly not an attacking fullback in the modern mould. But agree he's reliable defensively. Although he does have a tendency to stand off his man and be slow closing down - that looks more tactical though.
Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:55 - May 12 with 4585 viewsDr_Winston

Always thought that there's a good player in Naughton somewhere. He's certainly not deserved the kind of shite he's taken in these parts.

Played well under Clement so far and excellent in the last three games.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:55 - May 12 with 4571 viewsicecoldjack

Swans interested in signing 34 year old right back Alvaro Arbeloa on 12:19 - May 12 by MyFinalHeaven

Fair points but we don't have a proven scouting network of note, which is why a lot of our signings have been paint by numbers steady eddy types or agents dangling "free transfer" deals that in truth cost an absolute fortune .

90% of what you mention are continental teams signing continental players, the price gets ramped up almost double when prem teams come calling.

Of course there will be decent players out there for decent money, but we have a track record of not finding them !

Trippier is an interesting one, he has made just 13 appearences for Spurs in 2 yrs, Kyle was getting a lot more than that ! 42 in fact so could he really be classed as an upgrade?

Hopefully we will sign a fantastic player cheap as chips but factor in location (swansea) wages, and transfer fee to a premier league club and we will be lucky to get an upgrade for under £5m .

Just my opinion but i honestly hope your correct and im wrong !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024