Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any 01:30 - May 31 with 1165 viewsSmellyplumz

Have we made any sports direct bargain basement 4.9 Mill signings yet... Can't be bothered to trawl through the gash in here.

PS Jenkins ur still a futtocks son!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Any on 06:50 - May 31 with 1137 viewsDr_Winston

Bargain basement signings like Michu, Olsson, Mawson or Llorente?

This "we only sign players for £5m, therefore they're rubbish" shit is becoming tedious in the extreme.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Any on 08:05 - May 31 with 1087 viewsSTID2017

All this £5 million is old hat.
Sure we've signed lots of players at reasonable prices.
Michu, Llorente, Ollson, Carroll, Mawson, Fer, Andre Ayew, Shelvey, all who have served us well.
Outside of the £5 million baracket (depending what figures you believe) Bony, Fernandez, Jordan Ayew, Siggy, plus the as yet unproven Borja.
We are not a Chelsea or a Manure who can spend millions on players just to benchwarm.
The bulk of our signings will always be in the bargain basement area, hoping to find the odd gem.
Rather that than over extend ourselves and end up in oblivion.
I don't know what those responsible for running the club have planned, but we have no choice but to trust that they will do the right thing

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Any on 08:13 - May 31 with 1075 viewsraynor94

Any on 06:50 - May 31 by Dr_Winston

This "we only sign players for £5m, therefore they're rubbish" shit is becoming tedious in the extreme.

Hear, Hear

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Any on 09:44 - May 31 with 1002 viewshammy

Any on 08:05 - May 31 by STID2017

All this £5 million is old hat.
Sure we've signed lots of players at reasonable prices.
Michu, Llorente, Ollson, Carroll, Mawson, Fer, Andre Ayew, Shelvey, all who have served us well.
Outside of the £5 million baracket (depending what figures you believe) Bony, Fernandez, Jordan Ayew, Siggy, plus the as yet unproven Borja.
We are not a Chelsea or a Manure who can spend millions on players just to benchwarm.
The bulk of our signings will always be in the bargain basement area, hoping to find the odd gem.
Rather that than over extend ourselves and end up in oblivion.
I don't know what those responsible for running the club have planned, but we have no choice but to trust that they will do the right thing

Totally agree. We have to cut our cloth to suit our budget, although the Yanks could make a few more millions available in the budget ! Let's hope they've learnt their lesson from last year and not skimp on key positions, like the manager, coaching team and the first team squad.

Unless we get a serious "investor" on board, like Chelski / Man City / Man Utd or even Spurs / Everton / Soton, then we're going to be picking up either bargain basement signings (i.e., up to £5M), or the 3rd tier players that can't get contracts with the top 8 PL teams of bigger teams around Europe. This is how it is and we have to be clever with our acquisitions and ensure PC can build a competitive squad.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Any on 09:54 - May 31 with 984 viewsLoyal

Any on 06:50 - May 31 by Dr_Winston

I think the OP said 4.9 million.
Have you taken my angry pills 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Any on 09:59 - May 31 with 974 viewsjackjackjackjack

And we tend to pay high wages, not high transfer fees, which I think was pioneered by Big Sam when he was at Bolton. You supposedly get a better, though probably older, player this way. Think Llorente vs Baston.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Any on 10:43 - May 31 with 942 viewsBanosswan

Transfer window doesn't open until June 9th.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Any on 14:31 - May 31 with 849 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Any on 10:43 - May 31 by Banosswan

Transfer window doesn't open until June 9th.

That hasn't stopped many clubs declaring that they have "bought" players already.
Login to get fewer ads

Any on 14:34 - May 31 with 838 viewswestside

Will the value of the pound against the euro have an affect
Any on 14:58 - May 31 with 815 viewsSPboy

How about this guy just signed ... famous surname too

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-sign-ajax
[Post edited 31 May 2017 15:53]
Any on 16:18 - May 31 with 732 viewsDafyddHuw

Any on 14:58 - May 31 by SPboy

How about this guy just signed ... famous surname too

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-sign-ajax
[Post edited 31 May 2017 15:53]

Very, very sound signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024