Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darran Planet Swans 24/7 11:07 - May 31 with 5954 viewsplanetswansadmin

[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 21:38]
De Boer Joins Swans on 11:46 - May 31 with 5267 viewsPegojack

One of these signings has got to pay off soon, Shirley?
De Boer Joins Swans on 12:07 - May 31 with 5165 viewsOnslow

De Boer Joins Swans on 11:46 - May 31 by Pegojack

One of these signings has got to pay off soon, Shirley?

You'd like to think so, and don't call me Sh...

She keeps passin' me by...

De Boer Joins Swans on 12:21 - May 31 with 5108 viewsPegojack

De Boer Joins Swans on 12:07 - May 31 by Onslow

You'd like to think so, and don't call me Sh...

I know Kingsley, Fulton and McBurnie have all made Premier League appearances, but I'm talking about unearthing the next Lionel Messi.

We live in hope!
De Boer Joins Swans on 12:47 - May 31 with 4997 viewsjasper_T

Hopefully not just brought in to keep Tom Plezier company.

An Ajax academy reject isn't much to get excited about.
De Boer Joins Swans on 21:40 - May 31 with 4283 viewsNirvana

De Boer Joins Swans on 12:47 - May 31 by jasper_T

Hopefully not just brought in to keep Tom Plezier company.

An Ajax academy reject isn't much to get excited about.

Harsh, Jasper.

But sometimes the truth hurts and this is a good example.

Good luck to the kid, though, and he's got a last name suited to football. Let's hope he's got the skills, too.
De Boer Joins Swans on 22:46 - May 31 with 4155 viewsKilkennyjack

Great news for our local players.

Our new Kenji Gorre....?

Beware of the Risen People

De Boer Joins Swans on 22:47 - May 31 with 4158 viewsGroo

As provided on the Guestbook, youtube profile

Groo does what Groo does best

De Boer Joins Swans on 23:18 - May 31 with 4081 viewsjasper_T

De Boer Joins Swans on 21:40 - May 31 by Nirvana

Harsh, Jasper.

But sometimes the truth hurts and this is a good example.

Good luck to the kid, though, and he's got a last name suited to football. Let's hope he's got the skills, too.

In his favour - he's only just turned 17 and the youngest academy central midfielder of any note was just released by the club (Dyson was tidy the couple of times I saw him, anyway).

And his competition in the u23s are all the wrong side of 20 and almost certainly not going to make it at this level (outside chance Byers might do something if he ever gets an opportunity).
Login to get fewer ads

De Boer Joins Swans on 03:19 - Jun 1 with 3942 viewsWanderer

Do not normally pay attention to you tube lips, but that clip feature pleased me, think this boy is seriously good from the clip, time will tell.
De Boer Joins Swans on 07:18 - Jun 1 with 3827 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but you really shouldn't get your hopes up about this signing. If he was that good then he would have remained in Ajax and made it into the first team like all the other successful Ajax academy graduates (Seedorf, van der Vaart, Eriksen, Bergkamp, Sneijder, de Jong, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Blind, etc.), not released.

As usual, we continue to sign rejects from other clubs. We already signed one Ajax reject last summer with van der Hoorn, and we all saw how that turned out.

As with other Swansea academy players, he'll probably be playing in the lower leagues or playing semi-professional football once he's in his 20s.

Come on you Swans.

De Boer Joins Swans on 09:17 - Jun 1 with 3668 viewsBrynmill_Jack

De Boer Joins Swans on 07:18 - Jun 1 by MyFinalHeaven

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but you really shouldn't get your hopes up about this signing. If he was that good then he would have remained in Ajax and made it into the first team like all the other successful Ajax academy graduates (Seedorf, van der Vaart, Eriksen, Bergkamp, Sneijder, de Jong, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Blind, etc.), not released.

As usual, we continue to sign rejects from other clubs. We already signed one Ajax reject last summer with van der Hoorn, and we all saw how that turned out.

As with other Swansea academy players, he'll probably be playing in the lower leagues or playing semi-professional football once he's in his 20s.

I think you are not recognising the huge financial advantage even we have over a former European footballing giant like Ajax. If I'd ever thought twenty years ago I could ever once be writing a statement like that I'd slap myself about the face. Hell, even 10 years ago.......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

De Boer Joins Swans on 09:20 - Jun 1 with 3653 viewsBrynmill_Jack

De Boer Joins Swans on 03:19 - Jun 1 by Wanderer

Do not normally pay attention to you tube lips, but that clip feature pleased me, think this boy is seriously good from the clip, time will tell.

I have to say on this evidence that he looks to have the break up play of Briton, the free kick ability of Siggurdsson and the vision of Bodde but sigh better lasting ability.

No doubt we're going to ruin him though lol. If this one makes the PL grade with us we're going to be a happy bunch of fans for once.

Looks to be the complete midfielder looking at that. Impressed.

De Boer Joins Swans on 10:42 - Jun 1 with 3548 viewsGriffting

No one knows how this kid will do, in fairness.
Many of the youngsters playing in the Ajax first team will go on to brilliant careers, way above the level we are playing at.
Sometimes top academies have lived to regret releasing a player, often they don't.
An Ajax fan did say that they're youth policy has switched recently from technical players to big and powerful youth products.
De Boer Joins Swans on 11:43 - Jun 1 with 3470 views2bzapt

I have heard that he's quite injury prone. So maybe that's a reason for the release??
De Boer Joins Swans on 13:02 - Jun 1 with 3365 viewsTheFranchise

Wow, give the kid a chance.

Ajax have always had a great academy.

Young players pick up niggly injuries, it's all part of growing.

At some point people will need to realise that we have to recruit for our 23's as part of the bigger picture.

Good luck kid, you're going to need it here.
De Boer Joins Swans on 17:42 - Jun 1 with 3159 viewsnyc_swans

McBurnie was a Bradford City reject, ffs. i know he hasn't done much yet, but give the kid a chance.
De Boer Joins Swans on 22:35 - Jun 1 with 2933 viewsNirvana

De Boer Joins Swans on 23:18 - May 31 by jasper_T

In his favour - he's only just turned 17 and the youngest academy central midfielder of any note was just released by the club (Dyson was tidy the couple of times I saw him, anyway).

And his competition in the u23s are all the wrong side of 20 and almost certainly not going to make it at this level (outside chance Byers might do something if he ever gets an opportunity).

Based on the video, he's got some skills and I will hold out hope for him. Good luck Kees, genuinely.

But I fear this is Jenkins version of a replacement for Leon, and one that's at least 6 years away from contributing to our first team. And that would be an improvement on most of our prospects now, like you said.

Our transfer policy and scouting network is geared more towards the lower end of the Championship, honestly, and it's moves like this that best exemplify that. That needs to change.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 22:36]
De Boer Joins Swans on 22:42 - Jun 1 with 2911 viewsNirvana

De Boer Joins Swans on 17:42 - Jun 1 by nyc_swans

McBurnie was a Bradford City reject, ffs. i know he hasn't done much yet, but give the kid a chance.

Honestly can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, NYC.

Using McBurnie as the example is very confusing. He has a total of THREE goals for Newport, in League 2. Not exactly a rousing success yet, right?

Good luck to both these guys, though.
De Boer Joins Swans on 23:15 - Jun 1 with 2864 viewsspiderboy

De Boer Joins Swans on 22:42 - Jun 1 by Nirvana

Honestly can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, NYC.

Using McBurnie as the example is very confusing. He has a total of THREE goals for Newport, in League 2. Not exactly a rousing success yet, right?

Good luck to both these guys, though.

Looks decent enough,nice feel for the ball.but a few years away till he,s ready for prem
De Boer Joins Swans on 23:22 - Jun 1 with 2845 viewsNirvana

De Boer Joins Swans on 23:15 - Jun 1 by spiderboy

Looks decent enough,nice feel for the ball.but a few years away till he,s ready for prem

McBurnie or De Boer?
De Boer Joins Swans on 00:07 - Jun 2 with 2786 viewsspiderboy

De Boer Joins Swans on 23:22 - Jun 1 by Nirvana

McBurnie or De Boer?

Loan Mc Burnie for a year.keep De Boer for a season lets ,see what hes got!!.Send De boer out on loan after next season,and bring Mcburnie back..if that makes sense!
De Boer Joins Swans on 01:09 - Jun 2 with 2722 viewsBrynmill_Jack

De Boer Joins Swans on 22:35 - Jun 1 by Nirvana

Based on the video, he's got some skills and I will hold out hope for him. Good luck Kees, genuinely.

But I fear this is Jenkins version of a replacement for Leon, and one that's at least 6 years away from contributing to our first team. And that would be an improvement on most of our prospects now, like you said.

Our transfer policy and scouting network is geared more towards the lower end of the Championship, honestly, and it's moves like this that best exemplify that. That needs to change.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 22:36]

I hope if Clement sees a good player in him he won't hesitate to play him.
We are due a youngster coming through after Barrow being such a disappointment .
I really likme his ability to play CD as well as CDM . His passing under pressure seems to find a team mate in a good position, has vision, crisp and accurate short passing and can tackle.
I'd so love to see this boy make it.

De Boer Joins Swans on 03:14 - Jun 2 with 2684 viewsWanderer

Was talking to my Dutch friend last night who's brother is a mad Ajax fan, he was disappointed that De Boer was leaving, he said "only heard good things about this boy"
Bit of positivity there.
De Boer Joins Swans on 13:28 - Jun 2 with 2496 viewsBytholWyn

There's a Dutch article with an interview with De Boer, and he indicates that he lost some time to growing pains caused by a growth spurt. He may well have lost out in what is clearly a very competitive youth setup at Ajax. Their team that made the Europa League final was full of seventeen year olds and teenagers.

It would be nice to hear it confirmed that this signing is going ahead - because he looks an exceptional talent.
De Boer Joins Swans on 13:58 - Jun 2 with 2460 viewsLoyal

De Boer Joins Swans on 07:18 - Jun 1 by MyFinalHeaven

Don't forget where Leon was in the pecking order when we signed him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024