Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts 08:38 - Jul 1 with 3867 viewsSTID2017

Wife and I were lucky enough to be at Wembley on Thursday night to see what could now be her last show.
She was absolutely brilliant and I feel so sorry for all those who have travelled from near or far, from all over the world to be there this weekend.
She is the best British solo singer / songwriter of our generation and hopefully she'll recover soon.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/30/adele-cancels-wembley-concerts-damaged-vocal-cords

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 15:28 - Jul 1 with 2804 viewsMillJack

I was there Wednesday, and I agree with you, absolutely outstanding she was 👍🏻
Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 15:46 - Jul 1 with 2783 viewsraynor94

Bloody hell mun, you should have told us you went to see Adele

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 15:48 - Jul 1 with 2779 viewsDarran

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 15:46 - Jul 1 by raynor94

Bloody hell mun, you should have told us you went to see Adele

Fuçking grow up they want to Rayns,Adele FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 16:17 - Jul 1 with 2755 viewsFergal

Neh mind Richard Ashcroft tonight
Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 16:33 - Jul 1 with 2737 viewsHighjack

How did she damage her vocal chords? Smoking? Drinking? Or did she just take deep throating a bit too far. I hope she doesn't write a song about it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 17:45 - Jul 1 with 2694 viewsWarwickHunt

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 16:33 - Jul 1 by Highjack

How did she damage her vocal chords? Smoking? Drinking? Or did she just take deep throating a bit too far. I hope she doesn't write a song about it.

Been done...

NSFW. Obviously.

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 20:53 - Jul 1 with 2621 viewsSTID2017

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 15:48 - Jul 1 by Darran

Fuçking grow up they want to Rayns,Adele FFS.

Better than following an over the hill one hit wonder group "I want you to Want Me"
FFS Adele pisses all over them in talent and number of hits.
You want to grow up and allow others to enjoy whatever makes them happy.
We can't all like the same thing or it would make the world a boring place

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 21:19 - Jul 1 with 2609 viewsDarran

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 20:53 - Jul 1 by STID2017

Better than following an over the hill one hit wonder group "I want you to Want Me"

You seriously need to grow up.
Adele FFS.

Login to get fewer ads

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 08:06 - Jul 2 with 2515 viewsSTID2017

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 21:19 - Jul 1 by Darran

Adele FFS.

Darran, like most people, I am able to appreciate a wide spectrum of music from modern Pop music through to Classical and everything inbetween.
The fact that you like Cheap Trick is fine, though the fact that you seem to follow them like a rash is a bit worrying (Stalker Alert).
There is no accounting for taste and all joking aside, you enjoy Cheap Trick and that's fine (I have seriously only heard their one hit and it seems very "middle of the road", but I do like it).
I'm guessing as your now lucky enough to have beautiful grandchildren that like me you started following Swans when everyone else seemed to follow Leeds, Liverpool, Man U, etc. I used to go home and away to watch them in all the dumps we played at, go into school and tell my mates about these wonderful players like Alan Curtis and Robbie James and get laughed at.
So you can obviously share an understanding of how different people can like different teams (even those from 200 miles away) yet cannot allow for others like myself to appreciate an artist that doesn't fall within your range of personal taste.
Adele has a massive following, millions have seen her perform in her last tour of over a hundred dates and had it been possible millions more would have loved to have seen her. People flew from as far as Australia to be there on Thursday, which shows what a massive worldwide appeal she has to people of all ages.
She also swears like a navvy and is really down to earth, which is endearing.
On a serious note, she did an appeal an hour before the show to raise money and awareness for the plight of those who suffered in the Grenfell Towers tragedy.
She appeared with no make up and there are many photos of her with firefighters etc, not "all glammed up". Lots of so-called stars won't go outside their door without having had a full makeover first.
If this post had been about Justin Bieber I'd have understood your comment about growing up, but maybe you need to get a haircut and let some real music filter in to your ears
ATB

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 08:41 - Jul 2 with 2499 viewsWhiterockin

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 08:06 - Jul 2 by STID2017

Darran, like most people, I am able to appreciate a wide spectrum of music from modern Pop music through to Classical and everything inbetween.
The fact that you like Cheap Trick is fine, though the fact that you seem to follow them like a rash is a bit worrying (Stalker Alert).
There is no accounting for taste and all joking aside, you enjoy Cheap Trick and that's fine (I have seriously only heard their one hit and it seems very "middle of the road", but I do like it).
I'm guessing as your now lucky enough to have beautiful grandchildren that like me you started following Swans when everyone else seemed to follow Leeds, Liverpool, Man U, etc. I used to go home and away to watch them in all the dumps we played at, go into school and tell my mates about these wonderful players like Alan Curtis and Robbie James and get laughed at.
So you can obviously share an understanding of how different people can like different teams (even those from 200 miles away) yet cannot allow for others like myself to appreciate an artist that doesn't fall within your range of personal taste.
Adele has a massive following, millions have seen her perform in her last tour of over a hundred dates and had it been possible millions more would have loved to have seen her. People flew from as far as Australia to be there on Thursday, which shows what a massive worldwide appeal she has to people of all ages.
She also swears like a navvy and is really down to earth, which is endearing.
On a serious note, she did an appeal an hour before the show to raise money and awareness for the plight of those who suffered in the Grenfell Towers tragedy.
She appeared with no make up and there are many photos of her with firefighters etc, not "all glammed up". Lots of so-called stars won't go outside their door without having had a full makeover first.
If this post had been about Justin Bieber I'd have understood your comment about growing up, but maybe you need to get a haircut and let some real music filter in to your ears
ATB

Wembley attendance 98,000. The highest ever for any event at Wembley.
Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 08:48 - Jul 2 with 2491 viewsSTID2017

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 08:41 - Jul 2 by Whiterockin

Wembley attendance 98,000. The highest ever for any event at Wembley.

Indeed.
Also that 98k was spread across all race, creed, colour, age , sexual preference, etc which shows that her music crosses all barriers - except where the "Cimla One" is concerned !

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 08:53 - Jul 2 with 2487 viewsSwansNZ

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 20:53 - Jul 1 by STID2017

Cheap Trick actually had a hit?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 8:53]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 08:58 - Jul 2 with 2480 viewsGoldminer

She has a history of cancelling concerts. I had tickets for her Cardiff gig a few years ago which was cancelled and rearranged before being cancelled again. I bought tickets for London saturday night and feared the worst when she arranged two extra London gigs on top of the original two. I'll get a refund for the actual tickets but I just hope my travel insurance are sympathetic regarding train/hotel tickets. Money grabbing cow.
Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:05 - Jul 2 with 2476 viewsSTID2017

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 08:58 - Jul 2 by Goldminer

She has a history of cancelling concerts. I had tickets for her Cardiff gig a few years ago which was cancelled and rearranged before being cancelled again. I bought tickets for London saturday night and feared the worst when she arranged two extra London gigs on top of the original two. I'll get a refund for the actual tickets but I just hope my travel insurance are sympathetic regarding train/hotel tickets. Money grabbing cow.

She doesn't need the money - she's got more than she can spend in her lifetime.
The reason for the extra concerts was because many more people wanted to see her than could possibly get tickets.
I appreciate many people are upset that the two shows got cancelled, but if you read her apology yesterday, you'd appreciate she didn't take the decision lightly.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/adele-announces-surprise-final-wembley-sho

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:23 - Jul 2 with 2458 viewsraynor94

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:05 - Jul 2 by STID2017

The reason for the extra concerts was because many more people wanted to see her than could possibly get tickets.
I appreciate many people are upset that the two shows got cancelled, but if you read her apology yesterday, you'd appreciate she didn't take the decision lightly.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/adele-announces-surprise-final-wembley-sho

Are you her agent?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:33 - Jul 2 with 2450 viewsSTID2017

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:23 - Jul 2 by raynor94

Are you her agent?

I wish !
TBH some of the comments on social media (Twitter and Facebook) you'd swear she was Bin Laden reborn, not a singer / songwriter.
I appreciate people being upset at her cancelling, I also appreciate she is not everyone's taste.
However nobody deserves the OTT reaction that a few have seen fit.

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:35 - Jul 2 with 2449 viewsSTID2017

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 21:19 - Jul 1 by Darran

Adele FFS.

As for growing up, my influences (amongst others) were Family, Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash and Pink Floyd (as well as a few I won't mention !)
So I am extremely grown up - and Adele is a fantastic artist

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 10:31 - Jul 2 with 2422 viewsDarran

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:35 - Jul 2 by STID2017

As for growing up, my influences (amongst others) were Family, Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash and Pink Floyd (as well as a few I won't mention !)

(as well as a few I won't mention !)

Steps, S Club 7 and Girld Aloud.

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 10:42 - Jul 2 with 2411 viewsItchySphincter

F*cking Adele :( Surely you could stay at home and listen to the wife moaning for free.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 11:17 - Jul 2 with 2386 viewsDarran

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:35 - Jul 2 by STID2017

Oh and if you're looking for a Wham tribute band I'm your man.

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 14:49 - Jul 2 with 2327 viewsSTID2017

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 10:42 - Jul 2 by ItchySphincter

F*cking Adele :( Surely you could stay at home and listen to the wife moaning for free.

Oddly enough, she said "If you've come for a good time, you've come to the wrong place. All my songs are about ex-boyfriends"

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 17:23 - Jul 2 with 2269 viewsGoldminer

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 09:05 - Jul 2 by STID2017

Well that plan worked well for her didn't it! How many more people got to see her? Let's work that out. Originally two concerts. Add two the take away the two that got cancelled..... Got it! None! She knows she struggles with her voice so why overbook herself?
Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 17:27 - Jul 2 with 2262 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4658636/Fans-fury-Adele-star-cancels-sho

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 20:14 - Jul 2 with 2226 viewsSTID2017

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 17:27 - Jul 2 by Darran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4658636/Fans-fury-Adele-star-cancels-sho

"Several online forums include mentions of goticketsUK.com by a number of disappointed customers who also say they have lost money by buying tickets that have never arrived.
The website, which has since disappeared from the internet, is currently being investigated by the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau and West Mercia Police"

The above and Daily Mail show how credible that article is.
Of course people are upset at losing money, but through her multi million selling albums, singles and many concerts, she has no doubt made so much money, that if she was organising two more concerts just for money, why would she bother ?
She has stated over and over she wanted to finish today in style (thus these last four concerts were called The Finale) before going off to be a full time mum to her son.
She has expressed her upset that the concerts had to be cancelled, yet some on this report act as if she just stuck two fingers up to them and said "I can't be bothered to show up"
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 20:15]

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 20:20 - Jul 2 with 2216 viewsDarran

Adele Cancelled Last Two Concerts on 20:14 - Jul 2 by STID2017

"Several online forums include mentions of goticketsUK.com by a number of disappointed customers who also say they have lost money by buying tickets that have never arrived.
The website, which has since disappeared from the internet, is currently being investigated by the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau and West Mercia Police"

The above and Daily Mail show how credible that article is.
Of course people are upset at losing money, but through her multi million selling albums, singles and many concerts, she has no doubt made so much money, that if she was organising two more concerts just for money, why would she bother ?
She has stated over and over she wanted to finish today in style (thus these last four concerts were called The Finale) before going off to be a full time mum to her son.
She has expressed her upset that the concerts had to be cancelled, yet some on this report act as if she just stuck two fingers up to them and said "I can't be bothered to show up"
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 20:15]

Whoa what?

She's finished with singing?

I call that a stupendous result.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024