Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordi Amat 09:08 - Jul 5 with 4273 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City's Jordi Amat in Spain for talks over a season-long loan move to Real Betis.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-jordi-am

#backtojack

Jordi Amat on 09:12 - Jul 5 with 3059 viewspencoedjack

How long does he left on his contract ? Rather he moved on permanently he's not going to make it here.

Less time playing on Xbox and more concentrating on his football might be an idea for him.
Jordi Amat on 09:13 - Jul 5 with 3048 viewsmacthejack

Probably the right move for all concerned. Never properly kicked on but was hindered by the Bob Bradley era. Still think he's got something about him and perhaps this loan spell will re-ignite that.
Jordi Amat on 09:15 - Jul 5 with 3034 views34dfgdf54

I think it's for the best for both parties Jordi moved on now. Never backs down from physical confrontation, but always thought he struggled badly in the air and the bigger players here.

Like Borja, probably not suited to the premier league.
Jordi Amat on 09:15 - Jul 5 with 3033 viewsLandore_Jack

Jordi Amat on 09:12 - Jul 5 by pencoedjack

How long does he left on his contract ? Rather he moved on permanently he's not going to make it here.

Less time playing on Xbox and more concentrating on his football might be an idea for him.

According to transfermarkt his contract expires: 30.06.2019. He signed a contract extension in January last year.

#backtojack

Jordi Amat on 09:18 - Jul 5 with 3015 viewsSwan91

Does this mean we plan to use Kyle Bartley as back up with VDH.... or will we get another CB?
Jordi Amat on 09:19 - Jul 5 with 3006 viewsmagicdaps10

We signed Amat for 2.5 M and for me there is a good player in him BUT we have yet to see it. Move back home to his homeland and if he has a good season it ups his value and if he has a poor one, fast forward 12 months and he will be a premier league centre half with 12 months left on his contract........realistically we will recoup the money we paid if not more.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jordi Amat on 09:22 - Jul 5 with 2986 viewsmagicdaps10

Jordi Amat on 09:18 - Jul 5 by Swan91

Does this mean we plan to use Kyle Bartley as back up with VDH.... or will we get another CB?

I think Bartley will be gone, Boro and Burnley are strongly linked.

It looks like Mawson, Fede, New signing with VDH taking the 4th choice option. Seems like they are making a big push to get deadwood out before they bring players in.

NORDFELLT
BARTLEY/VDH
KI
MONTERO
BARROW
FULTON

These are players that i can see them working on getting albeit permanent or loan.

Jordi Amat on 09:35 - Jul 5 with 2905 viewsSwan91

Jordi Amat on 09:22 - Jul 5 by magicdaps10

I think Bartley will be gone, Boro and Burnley are strongly linked.

It looks like Mawson, Fede, New signing with VDH taking the 4th choice option. Seems like they are making a big push to get deadwood out before they bring players in.

NORDFELLT
BARTLEY/VDH
KI
MONTERO
BARROW
FULTON

These are players that i can see them working on getting albeit permanent or loan.

Maybe, PC did say he wanted to see him in pre season before making any decisions though... he has the height and if PC and his staff can work their magic like what they did with all our other defenders... then I could see him staying, that season as Leeds captain and playing that many games would surely help him...

Nordvelt
borigitti (whatever his name is... other GK)
Amat
Montero
Barrow
Tabanou (gone)
Gomis (gone)
Borja (gone)

that is 8 players if they all go.. if we include Bartley then its 9. And so far we have brought in 3 players (if we include mesa) and would probably need to sign another 3/4(?) CB, RB, ST, Winger. I can't see Ki going at the moment, I think he will have much more game time with PC and think he works well with him... had a good end to the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordi Amat on 09:36 - Jul 5 with 2900 viewsJBT95

Clement said Kyle is staying here at the end of last season. He said this very abruptly giving the impression he is going no where.
Jordi Amat on 09:42 - Jul 5 with 2864 viewsSwan91

Jordi Amat on 09:36 - Jul 5 by JBT95

Clement said Kyle is staying here at the end of last season. He said this very abruptly giving the impression he is going no where.

I thought he said he wanted to take a look at Kyle in training first before making a decision on if he will go or not... but if Kyle stays, I will be ok with it. we won't get a better CB who wants to be 4th choice and I think after last season he could be better than Amat at the moment.

But at the same time I would love it if we signed badstuber.. still hasn't signed for a club yet and as he could play CB or LB would be the perfect squad player, if not first choice CB
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 9:44]
Jordi Amat on 09:48 - Jul 5 with 2824 viewsMorfa_Same

Amat could have been a good player with the right development, but that chance has passed.

He is still better than both Bartley and VDH by some distance, but all three now need to be moved on.
Jordi Amat on 09:51 - Jul 5 with 2795 viewsmagicdaps10

Jordi Amat on 09:36 - Jul 5 by JBT95

He said the same about Baston?!

Jordi Amat on 09:54 - Jul 5 with 2781 viewsmagicdaps10

We still need a centre half regardless if Bartley and/or VDH stay or go. We cant be leftin a situation if Mawson or Fede get injured or suspended for any length of time that we have to rely on either of the first mentioned.

My preference would be keep Bartley and let VDH go, my bais is that i believe that Bartley is better than VDH. VDH could benefit like Bartley did last season with a loan to the championship, this will give us a gauge of wether he is up to it or not.

Jordi Amat on 09:57 - Jul 5 with 2759 viewspencoedjack

Jordi Amat on 09:54 - Jul 5 by magicdaps10

We still need a centre half regardless if Bartley and/or VDH stay or go. We cant be leftin a situation if Mawson or Fede get injured or suspended for any length of time that we have to rely on either of the first mentioned.

My preference would be keep Bartley and let VDH go, my bais is that i believe that Bartley is better than VDH. VDH could benefit like Bartley did last season with a loan to the championship, this will give us a gauge of wether he is up to it or not.

Bartley and / or VDH as cover makes me very very nervous

I'd rather both be shipped out ( sold not loan) and competition for Fede Alf is brought in ... not cover competition
Jordi Amat on 09:58 - Jul 5 with 2752 viewsSwan91

Jordi Amat on 09:54 - Jul 5 by magicdaps10

I would agree that if either of them had to leave.. I feel VDH should be the one to go.
Jordi Amat on 10:36 - Jul 5 with 2505 viewsmagicdaps10

Jordi Amat on 09:57 - Jul 5 by pencoedjack

Bartley and / or VDH as cover makes me very very nervous

I'd rather both be shipped out ( sold not loan) and competition for Fede Alf is brought in ... not cover competition

In a perfect scenario both as you say would go.

If we were able to do this then i would be happy to see Badstuber come in with a younger player 20/21 come in as 4th choice, someone like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duje_%C4%86aleta-Car

Jordi Amat on 10:52 - Jul 5 with 2404 viewsHighjack

There's a good player in Bartley he's just always been inconsistent for us. Same with VDH, probably didn't see the best of him under the organisational shambles that was a Bob Bradley team.

Shame we don't play three at the back, I imagine we would be fairly terrifying for an opposition defence with gylfi swinging in a set piece with llorente, Mawson, VDH, Fer, Bartley etc all attacking it. Didn't include Fernandez because he's got a head like a toblerone but there's goals in all the others.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jordi Amat on 10:57 - Jul 5 with 2375 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 10:52 - Jul 5 by Highjack

There's a good player in Bartley he's just always been inconsistent for us. Same with VDH, probably didn't see the best of him under the organisational shambles that was a Bob Bradley team.

Shame we don't play three at the back, I imagine we would be fairly terrifying for an opposition defence with gylfi swinging in a set piece with llorente, Mawson, VDH, Fer, Bartley etc all attacking it. Didn't include Fernandez because he's got a head like a toblerone but there's goals in all the others.

The second paragraph makes me miss the football we played under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup even more.
Jordi Amat on 11:06 - Jul 5 with 2316 viewsBlasterJack

Jordi Amat on 09:13 - Jul 5 by macthejack

Probably the right move for all concerned. Never properly kicked on but was hindered by the Bob Bradley era. Still think he's got something about him and perhaps this loan spell will re-ignite that.

Can't argue with that.
There's definitely a good player there somewhere but any mistake seemed to knock his confidence and he looked nervous as hell for many games.

Used to struggle with the physical side too and always seemed to be one last ditch challenge away from a booking/dismissal.

Nobody playing under BB had a chance of developing.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Jordi Amat on 11:06 - Jul 5 with 2309 viewsHighjack

There's no rule that says you can't be a nice footballing side and still be dangerous from set pieces. In fact it was the absolute glaring weakness of those sides and cost us a lot of games that we should have won comfortably.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jordi Amat on 11:09 - Jul 5 with 2287 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 11:06 - Jul 5 by Highjack

There's no rule that says you can't be a nice footballing side and still be dangerous from set pieces. In fact it was the absolute glaring weakness of those sides and cost us a lot of games that we should have won comfortably.

There's no rule, it would be a hell of an achievement with 3 centre backs, no width and a target man though.
Jordi Amat on 11:11 - Jul 5 with 2276 viewssP7qupUf

Amat is a time bomb walking. Red card looming in the background all the time.
Jordi Amat on 11:38 - Jul 5 with 2154 viewspencoedjack

Jordi Amat on 11:06 - Jul 5 by BlasterJack

Can't argue with that.
There's definitely a good player there somewhere but any mistake seemed to knock his confidence and he looked nervous as hell for many games.

Used to struggle with the physical side too and always seemed to be one last ditch challenge away from a booking/dismissal.

Nobody playing under BB had a chance of developing.

How many more chances do we give Barkley before we see this good player ?

Championship player imo
Jordi Amat on 11:43 - Jul 5 with 2114 viewsTheFranchise

Jordi Amat on 11:38 - Jul 5 by pencoedjack

How many more chances do we give Barkley before we see this good player ?

Championship player imo

He'll go with Monk, Monk loves players he knows.
Jordi Amat on 11:51 - Jul 5 with 2074 viewspencoedjack

Jordi Amat on 11:43 - Jul 5 by TheFranchise

He'll go with Monk, Monk loves players he knows.

Yes I think (hope) this will happen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024