Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro Exchange Rate 15:01 - Jul 26 with 2701 viewsmax936

bit shocking in it, made the mistake of leaving it till closer to our Hols and now its lower than its been for a while, 118 a month/6 weeks ago its 109 now, can't see it improving in the short term either
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 20:12]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:46 - Jul 26 with 679 viewsraynor94

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:01 - Jul 26 by Flashberryjack

18 months ago ?

Pardon me my learned friend, I went on a cruise end of 15 start of 16, apologies if I'm slightly out a bit, but that or very close to it is what I got, no need to be cryptic mun

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:47 - Jul 26 with 675 viewslonglostjack

You get a hell of a good deal for cash in those little exchange places outside Paddington and on the Edgware Rd.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:51 - Jul 26 with 668 viewsFlashberryjack

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:46 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Pardon me my learned friend, I went on a cruise end of 15 start of 16, apologies if I'm slightly out a bit, but that or very close to it is what I got, no need to be cryptic mun

Not being cryptic my friend, just asking because I couldn't get anything near 1.42 Euro to the pound 18 months ago.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:52 - Jul 26 with 666 viewsploppy

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:39 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Watch yourself with the Halifax card. They used to be one of the worst for identity fraud and absolutely the worst for sorting it out. This is from their own internal stats that I was shown by an ex employee a few years ago. Things may have changed.

I had a couple of fraudulent charges on mine some years ago but in fairness Halifax were on to it immediately and reimbursed the lot. They were transactions "up North", where I hadn't been, and they were all paid by card swipe, not PIN - I didn't even know you could pay without the PIN (except online of course). I don't know if I'd class that as identity fraud though.
Euro Exchange Rate on 19:58 - Jul 26 with 657 viewsmax936

Euro Exchange Rate on 18:50 - Jul 26 by ploppy

Excellent - then you cannot fail!

The only thing to be aware of (and I may be teaching you to suck eggs) is that if you use it to withdraw cash abroad, whilst you'll get a good rate, interest is charged from the day you make the withdrawal. So what I do is
1. withdraw as little as possible
2. pay with the card wherever possible
3. pay in euros (or whatever) if you're offered the choice of euros or sterling
4. only withdraw cash when I need it (not one big lump at the start of my holiday)
5. if I made any cash withdrawals, pay off the entire balance (not just the statement balance) as soon as I get home (there'll be some interest but it's normally minimal).

Apologies if you already knew all that.

No worries, Thanks.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Euro Exchange Rate on 20:07 - Jul 26 with 644 viewspikeypaul

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:33 - Jul 26 by ploppy

I wasn't sure if Halifax would be funny if you paid off a cash withdrawal immediately, especially if you made multiple withdrawals, so I just pay when I get home. I know they don't like you pre-loading your credit before you go - that's against their T&Cs apparently. Wouldn't want to tick them off - I like my Clarity card.

That is correct otherwise I would pre load it,I've had the card for years and never been troubled by halifax regarding paying it off immediately.
British financial institutions are scandalous in the rates offered on domestic FX sometimes with a pitch (buying to selling rate) of around 20%.But so many people are clueless and just go with the flow and accept it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Euro Exchange Rate on 20:12 - Jul 26 with 635 viewsPacemaker

I have two credit cards for foreign use a Halifax Clarity card and a Santander Zero card both give excellent exchange rates and no fees. I have used all over the world with no issue.

I only take about £100 of local currency which I rarely spend as I put everything on the card and clear it on return.

Most bars these days take credit card payments for drinks no problem.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Euro Exchange Rate on 20:25 - Jul 26 with 620 viewsraynor94

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:51 - Jul 26 by Flashberryjack

Not being cryptic my friend, just asking because I couldn't get anything near 1.42 Euro to the pound 18 months ago.

I just had a quick Google, the euro reached a 7 year high of 1.42 just before the Brexit vote so my apologies I was about five months out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Euro Exchange Rate on 20:48 - Jul 26 with 597 viewsFlashberryjack

Euro Exchange Rate on 20:25 - Jul 26 by raynor94

I just had a quick Google, the euro reached a 7 year high of 1.42 just before the Brexit vote so my apologies I was about five months out

N o need for apologies my friend, even you can't be right all the time

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Euro Exchange Rate on 22:05 - Jul 26 with 572 viewscontroversial_jack

Euro Exchange Rate on 19:41 - Jul 26 by Swanzay

You get a far better exchange rate if you transfer whilst abroad, were being royally fleeced here in the UK by banks when it comes to foreign currency.

That is very true.
Euro Exchange Rate on 22:16 - Jul 26 with 564 viewsbuilthjack

DEBENHAMS

There is money to be made!
I have a little scheme going folks.

Change a minimum £50 into Euros, or any other currency. Debenhams give you a £5 gift card to be spent on purchases of £20 or more. So youcan gain a fiver, 10% on your £50.

Also if you do moneyback with them after your holiday, and get it put on a gift card, they add 20%. So if you return £100 you get £120 back.

Just buy stuff in their sale which is already reduced.
As long as the spend is in their store you are Quid's in.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Euro Exchange Rate on 22:49 - Jul 26 with 545 viewspikeypaul

The voucher must be spent on the day of issue and its limited to one voucher per person per week.

By the time you've gone there,taken the crap rate,then found something over £20 which you probably did not want just to get to get £5 off it it's hardly worth it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Euro Exchange Rate on 10:36 - Jul 27 with 492 viewsJBG

parity please for me, i can change my euro wonga
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024