Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clements Contacts In Europe 13:12 - Jul 30 with 2186 viewsAl_Bundy

So.. did PC have influence in signing Abraham and Mesa from his previous job roles?

There was talk of PC bringing in players who he had coached previously who may want to play in the prem.. are we seeing any evidence of this or is transfer dealings totally out of his hands?
Clements Contacts In Europe on 13:16 - Jul 30 with 2164 viewsraynor94

My opinion quite obviously yes, he had known Tammy from when he was at Chelsea, and Mesa from his time at Madrid

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Clements Contacts In Europe on 13:24 - Jul 30 with 2122 viewsNeath_Jack

No.

It might have played a little part in the Tammy signing though.

When we start signing players from Madrid, Bayern, PSG, then we'll talk about his contacts. Or we can be all starry eyed and pretend that every good player we sign from Spain, Germany or France is down to his time spent coaching there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Clements Contacts In Europe on 13:30 - Jul 30 with 2080 viewsAl_Bundy

Clements Contacts In Europe on 13:24 - Jul 30 by Neath_Jack

No.

When we start signing players from Madrid, Bayern, PSG, then we'll talk about his contacts. Or we can be all starry eyed and pretend that every good player we sign from Spain, Germany or France is down to his time spent coaching there.

So if we are about to offload our quality (again) lets see if PC has a plan to replace them with players he has some knowledge and faith in within our budget.
Clements Contacts In Europe on 13:39 - Jul 30 with 2035 viewsGriffting

Sure Mesa was going on about how much the manager wanted him and had identified him as the main man being one of the major footballing reasons to him coming here.

Players from his previous places of work are going to be a little rich for our taste, aren't they..
Surprised we haven't looked at any derby players.
Clements Contacts In Europe on 13:43 - Jul 30 with 2015 viewskarnataka

Clements Contacts In Europe on 13:24 - Jul 30 by Neath_Jack

No.

Mesa did say that knowing Clement's reputation from his time at Real influenced his decision to come to Swansea so even if PC wasn't personally instrumental in his signing, he did play a passive part just by being here. His reputation and profile within European football will never rival Laudrup's of course but it's still way ahead of our other managers, especially when it comes to the Spanish market.
Clements Contacts In Europe on 14:58 - Jul 30 with 1777 viewsjacktar

Clements Contacts In Europe on 13:43 - Jul 30 by karnataka

Mesa did say that knowing Clement's reputation from his time at Real influenced his decision to come to Swansea so even if PC wasn't personally instrumental in his signing, he did play a passive part just by being here. His reputation and profile within European football will never rival Laudrup's of course but it's still way ahead of our other managers, especially when it comes to the Spanish market.

Exactlty what I was thinking. His standing as a coach /assistant in Europe has to help when players are considering a move here. I hope it continues.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Clements Contacts In Europe on 22:54 - Jul 30 with 1370 viewsUplandsJack

Clements Contacts In Europe on 14:58 - Jul 30 by jacktar

Exactlty what I was thinking. His standing as a coach /assistant in Europe has to help when players are considering a move here. I hope it continues.

I'd also say you could add Makelele to that too..
I'm sure there will be players out there hoping to work with him.
Clements Contacts In Europe on 23:11 - Jul 30 with 1321 viewsGaryjack

Clements Contacts In Europe on 22:54 - Jul 30 by UplandsJack

I'd also say you could add Makelele to that too..
I'm sure there will be players out there hoping to work with him.

i hope your right.Meanwhile we have our two best players who seemingly don't wish to work with him, but a previously out of work coach who does. Don't wet your knickers over him just yet eh!
Login to get fewer ads

Clements Contacts In Europe on 02:25 - Jul 31 with 1198 viewssnork44

Clements Contacts In Europe on 23:11 - Jul 30 by Garyjack

i hope your right.Meanwhile we have our two best players who seemingly don't wish to work with him, but a previously out of work coach who does. Don't wet your knickers over him just yet eh!

In fairness Llorente and Sigurdsson haven't publicly said they want to go! It's Conte and Koeman that are making cow eyes towards our two star players, what these two are saying to the two mangers via their agents maybe another thing altogether, but give them the dubious benefit of our doubt !!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Clements Contacts In Europe on 09:14 - Jul 31 with 1049 viewsheadcleaner

I'd hazard a guess that Clements influence was zero on any signings. People want to play in the EPL and don't particularly care that it's Swansea or WEst Ham or Watford or Stoke or West Brom and I doubt we scouted them either it's more likely that agents let the club know of their availability and we threw our hat in the ring. I 'm pretty much 100% that's how we do our business. We strike it lucky if they know a player already at the club who might sing our praises.

I'm yet to see the raft of players from Real, Bayern and PSG beating a path to PC's door wanting to work with him again.
Clements Contacts In Europe on 09:35 - Jul 31 with 987 viewsmagicdaps10

I would say that Clement had zero say in who came in at the clubs he was coaching

BUT

He would have an idea on what players were in that league. Like Siggy with us, a diamond in a mid to lower ranking team OR a young talent with massive potential starting out.
The Mesa signing has given us a good indication but arguably we need another 4/5 players of this quality.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Clements Contacts In Europe on 11:19 - Jul 31 with 886 viewsHeadmaster

Well whatever Clement's influence, we better sign some new players over the next two weeks or it'll be a rerun of last season. We still need a RB, midfielder, a replacement for Siggy, and possibly a striker if Llorente goes. So at least 4 new faces, ideally before the season starts. Wishful thinking.
Clements Contacts In Europe on 12:13 - Jul 31 with 809 viewstomdickharry

Mr Clement no doubt knows many players throughout Europe who may be available,question is their quality balanced against their cost.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024