Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DC United for sale 15:13 - Jul 31 with 1807 viewsTummer_from_Texas

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/30/business/dealbook/dc-united-soccer-owners-pot

Oddly, the article doesn't mention Levien (who's still the managing general partner), just the other owner, Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir. But it's implied that this includes Levien's interest in the club, which has become a complete disaster on the pitch.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

DC United for sale on 15:20 - Jul 31 with 1760 viewsSwanjaxs

This is what you get when individuals invest in clubs they have no affinity with! Our day will come soon enough too.....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

DC United for sale on 15:23 - Jul 31 with 1738 viewsicecoldjack

Is it true Morgan,Jenkins and Dineen are going to buy it ?
DC United for sale on 15:25 - Jul 31 with 1720 viewsswanforthemoney

Thats why the Trust needs to keep a place on the Board, with a reliable Supporter director, to be able to subject decisions to scrutiny.
As Ive written elsewhere, the modus operandi of these investors is to try to 'sell-on' rather than asset strip, as demonstrated at DC United.

I stand in the North Stand

DC United for sale on 15:36 - Jul 31 with 1654 viewsFlashberryjack

DC United for sale on 15:23 - Jul 31 by icecoldjack

Is it true Morgan,Jenkins and Dineen are going to buy it ?

Perhaps they bought it behind Leviens back..........Nah! they wouldn't be so sneaky and underhanded to do such a thing, would they ?.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

DC United for sale on 15:40 - Jul 31 with 1628 viewsE20Jack

DC United for sale on 15:25 - Jul 31 by swanforthemoney

Thats why the Trust needs to keep a place on the Board, with a reliable Supporter director, to be able to subject decisions to scrutiny.
As Ive written elsewhere, the modus operandi of these investors is to try to 'sell-on' rather than asset strip, as demonstrated at DC United.

What you are talking about is obvious visual asset stripping i.e. selling of players and pocketing the profits. I cant imagine DC United have a whole lot of assets to strip. What you arent seeing however is their balance sheet. Who knows how kuch they have syphoned off in the form of consultancy fees, which is a form of asset stripping just not as visually brazen,

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

DC United for sale on 17:54 - Jul 31 with 1268 viewsNookiejack

DC United for sale on 15:25 - Jul 31 by swanforthemoney

So you wouldn't concede the Drag rights?
DC United for sale on 19:34 - Jul 31 with 1096 viewseljinca

As someone who's a Swans fan but has lived in Washington DC since the mid-90s, I'd only add the following:

1) DC United were the dominant US club team in the mid-90s through 2000. Since then they have been, basically, terrible. They have also been bad since 2012 since Levien and Thohir became majority owners (2013 was the worst season in club history). There was some investment in 2014, which has led them to mid to top finishes in the conference (MLS has totally different rules than European leagues).
2) They recently, after 10+ years, got the DC city council to approve a new, football only stadium in DC. The stadium will be complete for next year's season. This will greatly increase ticket sales and local interest in the team, who have played in a dreadful old stadium that was build for American football in the 70s.
3) They recently inked a 12 year sponsorship of the stadium by Audi.

Points 2 & 3 lead me to believe that the value of the club has just dramatically increased, hence the interest in exiting by the ownership.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024