Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Rue 21:44 - Aug 2 with 10993 viewsItchySphincter

He's off again, £45 plus a player on loan. The sheeple are lapping it up. Is one of you this attention seeking bellend?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chris Rue on 19:42 - Aug 3 with 1774 viewslondonlisa2001

Chris Rue on 19:30 - Aug 3 by Jackbustard

What a load of rubbish. Your cinfusing successful and big. Are Leicester more successful that Everton in recent times. Of course they are.

Are they bigger than Everton, no.

Stop changing the meaning of what your asking just to suit your argument.

What are you going on about?

I said that fans had claimed we were as big as Everton on twitter (the phrase a sideways move was used), you said that was fair enough and you couldn't see why anyone would move to Everton.

I laughed because the statement is bonkers.

Everton are both bigger than us, and more successful than us. One league cup win and one season in Europe does not equal more success than a club that has remained in the top flight of English football for 63 consecutive seasons.

There are plenty of arguments about us now being bigger than clubs like, as was mentioned on here, Portsmouth or even Sheffield Weds. There is a good argument for saying that our recent history in the Premier League and the riches that brings make that so.

But Everton are one of the 'big clubs' of English football. That may not always be the case, but it usually has been since football started, and it sure as hell it the case now.

Our players would see Everton as a step up, even if on the odd occasion we finished higher than them in the league. It's the same as Leicester players seeing Man Utd as a step up. It's not just about money, it's about potential. Everton will start every season odds on to finish above us, odds on to not be involved in a relegation battle, odds on to compete for European places etc etc. They have more money, a much bigger stadium even before the new one is built, many multiples of the support both in the U.K. and worldwide that we have. It is what it is. And arguing that we are more successful because of one cup is embarrassing.

One day I very much hope that we will be at that level. Same as Everton supporters will hope that they can again reach the levels of the biggest clubs. But we are not there now, anymore than they are.

It's why Lukaku would move to Man Utd, and Siggy to them even if they sometimes do better than Man Utd and we sometimes do better than them.
Chris Rue on 19:50 - Aug 3 with 1752 viewsItchySphincter

Chris Rue on 19:42 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

What are you going on about?

I said that fans had claimed we were as big as Everton on twitter (the phrase a sideways move was used), you said that was fair enough and you couldn't see why anyone would move to Everton.

I laughed because the statement is bonkers.

Everton are both bigger than us, and more successful than us. One league cup win and one season in Europe does not equal more success than a club that has remained in the top flight of English football for 63 consecutive seasons.

There are plenty of arguments about us now being bigger than clubs like, as was mentioned on here, Portsmouth or even Sheffield Weds. There is a good argument for saying that our recent history in the Premier League and the riches that brings make that so.

But Everton are one of the 'big clubs' of English football. That may not always be the case, but it usually has been since football started, and it sure as hell it the case now.

Our players would see Everton as a step up, even if on the odd occasion we finished higher than them in the league. It's the same as Leicester players seeing Man Utd as a step up. It's not just about money, it's about potential. Everton will start every season odds on to finish above us, odds on to not be involved in a relegation battle, odds on to compete for European places etc etc. They have more money, a much bigger stadium even before the new one is built, many multiples of the support both in the U.K. and worldwide that we have. It is what it is. And arguing that we are more successful because of one cup is embarrassing.

One day I very much hope that we will be at that level. Same as Everton supporters will hope that they can again reach the levels of the biggest clubs. But we are not there now, anymore than they are.

It's why Lukaku would move to Man Utd, and Siggy to them even if they sometimes do better than Man Utd and we sometimes do better than them.

Sheffield Wednesday is a giant amongst all but a few English clubs, regardless of what league they are in.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chris Rue on 19:51 - Aug 3 with 1747 viewsmonmouth

People think moving from us to Evo is a sideways move??

Jesus.

Every single one of our players would move to Everton if they could. Every one. Britton included. Just like Williams did. Good grief mun, anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously - Cardiff levels -deluded.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 19:54]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chris Rue on 20:02 - Aug 3 with 1718 viewslondonlisa2001

Chris Rue on 19:50 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

Sheffield Wednesday is a giant amongst all but a few English clubs, regardless of what league they are in.

Of course they are, but at this time, our relative success means we would be seen as a move up for any of their players.

If they reach the premier league, the reverse would very quickly probably be true.
Chris Rue on 22:32 - Aug 3 with 1647 viewsheadcleaner

The football world we find ourselves in currently are a world away from the time when Everton were a giant in England and that's in my lifetime when they were a successful side possibly stunted due to their city rivals and much bigger and successful sibling.

As for when shelf weds were half decent I'm starting to struggle. I spose Preston and Huddersfield fans were once giants of the game but not anymore the modern game is like I said a world away.

Regardless of how the game has evolved, Everton might not be one of the real big our in English football they are however the next level which is still several levels above us on pretty much every lever on and off the pitch. History is for books and grandad stories and jumpers for goalposts
Chris Rue on 23:01 - Aug 3 with 1597 viewsMeraki

Chris Rue on 11:11 - Aug 3 by jack247

Someone missed the sarcasm...

Indeed you did.
Chris Rue on 23:02 - Aug 3 with 1593 viewsMeraki

Chris Rue on 15:28 - Aug 3 by Mo_Wives

You can say that again.
Chris Rue on 23:38 - Aug 3 with 1552 viewsNirvana

Chris Rue on 23:04 - Aug 2 by Meraki

Chris Rue once phoned in sick to work, to go and watch a Welsh rugby match.

He then found himself on the front page of the Evening Post, p*ssed up!

He didn't last long.

Is that true, Meraki?

Hilarious if so.

Anymore stories to tell?

I'm all ears.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 23:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Rue on 00:09 - Aug 4 with 1521 viewsMeraki

Chris Rue on 23:38 - Aug 3 by Nirvana

Is that true, Meraki?

Hilarious if so.

Anymore stories to tell?

I'm all ears.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 23:39]

Thats all true, but I'll leave it there.
Chris Rue on 00:21 - Aug 4 with 1499 viewsNirvana

Chris Rue on 00:09 - Aug 4 by Meraki

Thats all true, but I'll leave it there.

I understand.

Sadly.

Thanks for sharing.

Anytime.
Chris Rue on 06:07 - Aug 4 with 1449 viewsMo_Wives

Chris Rue on 23:02 - Aug 3 by Meraki

You can say that again.

Whoosh is when a joke goes over your head. Jacket made a joke...you explained his punchline.
But if you insist, I am prepared to compromise and say... 'Whoosh...', wow, your joke went right under my head. Well done.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Chris Rue on 06:11 - Aug 4 with 1443 viewsjack247

Chris Rue on 23:01 - Aug 3 by Meraki

Indeed you did.

You made a plank out of yourself. Just leave it there
Chris Rue on 09:19 - Aug 4 with 1350 viewsMeraki

Chris Rue on 06:11 - Aug 4 by jack247

You made a plank out of yourself. Just leave it there

I was being sarcastic you fvcking bell, nevermind.
Chris Rue on 09:20 - Aug 4 with 1346 viewsMeraki

There's some slow fvckers on here mind.

Didn't we flirt with an IQ test on registration before>?
Chris Rue on 09:30 - Aug 4 with 1314 viewsjack247

Chris Rue on 09:19 - Aug 4 by Meraki

I was being sarcastic you fvcking bell, nevermind.

Of course you were
Chris Rue on 12:29 - Aug 4 with 1223 viewsMeraki

Chris Rue on 09:30 - Aug 4 by jack247

Of course you were

Thank you.
Chris Rue on 12:54 - Aug 4 with 1169 viewsjack247

Chris Rue on 09:20 - Aug 4 by Meraki

There's some slow fvckers on here mind.

Didn't we flirt with an IQ test on registration before>?

You haven't been here long. May be an idea to quietly register another username and forget the whole Meraki thing ever happened.
Chris Rue on 02:13 - Aug 5 with 1057 viewsMeraki

Chris Rue on 12:54 - Aug 4 by jack247

You haven't been here long. May be an idea to quietly register another username and forget the whole Meraki thing ever happened.

ive been here since the beginning mate
Chris Rue on 05:44 - Aug 5 with 1005 viewsmarchamjack

Brilliant stuff. Two laugh out loud moments on the same thread.

Applause for Cooperman.

Taxi for Meraki.

Still laughing

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024