Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mesa 14:09 - Aug 19 with 10835 views34dfgdf54

To think some on here were slagging his performance off. Absolutely clueless.
Mesa on 14:14 - Aug 19 with 6197 viewsSheffieldjack

Once we opened the game up we were on a hiding to nothing.
Mesa on 14:15 - Aug 19 with 6162 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think the goals are more to do with the fact we switched from 5 at the back plus 2 cdm's to 4 at the back with no defensive protection as Carroll got forward more.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Mesa on 14:16 - Aug 19 with 6168 views34dfgdf54

Mesa on 14:15 - Aug 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think the goals are more to do with the fact we switched from 5 at the back plus 2 cdm's to 4 at the back with no defensive protection as Carroll got forward more.

Carrol got forward more? He single handedly cost us the third playing from deep.
Mesa on 14:18 - Aug 19 with 6116 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He was in their half trying to play a pass poga would struggle to pull off. Hardly deep. He got caught out just like cork did for most of last season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Mesa on 14:43 - Aug 19 with 5895 viewsFlossy

Mesa on 14:18 - Aug 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He was in their half trying to play a pass poga would struggle to pull off. Hardly deep. He got caught out just like cork did for most of last season.

Mesa £11m my are he was F**king shit today!!!
Mesa on 14:57 - Aug 19 with 5791 viewsZZoric

4/10 at best

way too reactionary - resorted to latch ditch scrambling instead of proactive controlling, orchestrating and taking reponsibility

clearly about as sharp as a marble
Mesa on 15:01 - Aug 19 with 5743 viewsjack247

Mesa on 14:15 - Aug 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I never thought I'd say it, but the goals were due to the fact we brought Bartley off, and yes, that the back 4 didn't have the screen the back 5 did.

Don't really blame Clement for doing it, we had to go for it at some point, though 60 odd minutes did seem a little early. Also highlighted the lack of options we have and the need for strengthening. Routledge and Narsingh are decent in an open game, but they were never going to breakdown a well drilled United team protecting a 1-0 lead.
Mesa on 15:09 - Aug 19 with 5655 views34dfgdf54

Mesa on 15:01 - Aug 19 by jack247

I never thought I'd say it, but the goals were due to the fact we brought Bartley off, and yes, that the back 4 didn't have the screen the back 5 did.

Don't really blame Clement for doing it, we had to go for it at some point, though 60 odd minutes did seem a little early. Also highlighted the lack of options we have and the need for strengthening. Routledge and Narsingh are decent in an open game, but they were never going to breakdown a well drilled United team protecting a 1-0 lead.

Routledge and Narsingh on that performance, should never be an option, in any game.
Login to get fewer ads

Mesa on 15:11 - Aug 19 with 5624 viewsGTCJack

Mesa on 15:09 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Routledge and Narsingh on that performance, should never be an option, in any game.

Maybe Rutledge as a makeshift AM but Narsingh isn't great. Don't see much in him.
Mesa on 15:17 - Aug 19 with 5567 viewsdickythorpe

Siggy's fault
Mesa on 15:17 - Aug 19 with 5562 viewsjack247

Mesa on 15:09 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Judging them on that game is pointless. I knew, you knew and Paul Clement knew they weren't going to unlock, what was at 1-0, a tightly packed United defence. As someone said about the Fulton sub last week, they were so ill equipped to change the game, it was almost as if it was a message to the board.
Mesa on 15:21 - Aug 19 with 5511 viewssP7qupUf

Look at their bench then look at ours.
Mesa on 15:22 - Aug 19 with 5496 viewsSmellyplumz

Mesa on 15:17 - Aug 19 by jack247

Judging them on that game is pointless. I knew, you knew and Paul Clement knew they weren't going to unlock, what was at 1-0, a tightly packed United defence. As someone said about the Fulton sub last week, they were so ill equipped to change the game, it was almost as if it was a message to the board.

Message to the board! The board don't give a shit. As long as we can stay in this league as cheap as possible that's all they care about.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Mesa on 15:25 - Aug 19 with 5463 viewsjack247

Mesa on 15:22 - Aug 19 by Smellyplumz

Message to the board! The board don't give a shit. As long as we can stay in this league as cheap as possible that's all they care about.

That's the message.

We aren't going to stay in this league without goals. Tammy looked good at times today, but he was way too isolated and isn't going to score many without support.

Routledge and Narsingh were our attacking substitutions (the game was already over by the time McBurnie came on). That's just not enough.
Mesa on 15:35 - Aug 19 with 5370 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mesa on 15:25 - Aug 19 by jack247

That's the message.

We aren't going to stay in this league without goals. Tammy looked good at times today, but he was way too isolated and isn't going to score many without support.

Routledge and Narsingh were our attacking substitutions (the game was already over by the time McBurnie came on). That's just not enough.

There was a fantastic ball in from the left in the second half which Tammy only had to stick his leg out at to score

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mesa on 15:39 - Aug 19 with 5322 viewsjack247

Mesa on 15:35 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

There was a fantastic ball in from the left in the second half which Tammy only had to stick his leg out at to score

Yes and he was inches away from an open goal from Ayews cross/shot early on too.

I'm not saying we won't score any goals at all. I'm saying we won't score enough unless we bring in more firepower before the end of the month.
Mesa on 15:42 - Aug 19 with 5287 viewslifelong

Mesa on 15:35 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

We simply shouldn't be in a position where we have to start a 19 year old rookie up front.
Mesa on 15:42 - Aug 19 with 5280 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mesa on 15:39 - Aug 19 by jack247

Yes and he was inches away from an open goal from Ayews cross/shot early on too.

I'm not saying we won't score any goals at all. I'm saying we won't score enough unless we bring in more firepower before the end of the month.

Creativity is the major issue. We need an AM who thinks 3 times quicker than Fer.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mesa on 15:46 - Aug 19 with 5218 viewsjack247

Mesa on 15:42 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Creativity is the major issue. We need an AM who thinks 3 times quicker than Fer.

Agreed. But we also need to support the striker. I get that it was Man United and we were playing 3 centre backs, but we didn't get around Tammy quickly enough. We could get away with it when Bony was here. Tammys movement is sharp and intelligent, he isn't going to do a lot if he is that isolated though.
Mesa on 16:40 - Aug 19 with 4956 viewsheadcleaner

on reflection Federico and Alfie looked good today and were a decent partnership - Mesa was spent before 60 mins and looked like he wanted all the time in the world to take a pass and turn and wasn't expecting to have opposition on his back in the blink of an eye hope he wises up quickly.
Mesa on 16:47 - Aug 19 with 4895 viewsZZoric

Mesa on 15:21 - Aug 19 by sP7qupUf

Look at their bench then look at ours.

indeed

- they get to bring on a spain international
- we have to replace a struggling wannabe
Mesa on 16:48 - Aug 19 with 4889 viewsDrGonzo

Done fine considering he was up against that United midfield. Played as well as Leon would have in all probability.
Mesa on 17:00 - Aug 19 with 4835 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mesa on 16:48 - Aug 19 by DrGonzo

Done fine considering he was up against that United midfield. Played as well as Leon would have in all probability.

I think you are probably right there. Due to our set up there were virtually no options going forward so sideways and backwards were all that was left.
It was effective enough in our defensive formation we played for most of the game.
I must admit to being concerned that 5 at the back would have let them dominate midfield. We did ok though and could have been worth a draw at half time.
As much as I admired Clem for that, his decision to go toe to toe to get back in the game was a poor one and he has to take the blame for that just as he takes the credit for the first half.
Problem now is what if Mesa is not up to it and is yet another bad signing. Also what if Jenkins can't get the right players in or indeed if he gets any. We now have a very threadbare squad after laying off so many. I think we need 4 or 5 players are needed rather than 2 or 3....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mesa on 17:03 - Aug 19 with 4811 viewsawayjack

Mesa on 15:01 - Aug 19 by jack247

Routs and Nars good in open play - when? Routs sadly is a shadow of the player and can't remember Nars having a decent game. If they remain our wide attacking options for season we'll be relegated without question.
Mesa on 17:14 - Aug 19 with 4722 viewsjack247

Mesa on 17:03 - Aug 19 by awayjack

Routs and Nars good in open play - when? Routs sadly is a shadow of the player and can't remember Nars having a decent game. If they remain our wide attacking options for season we'll be relegated without question.

They are both better in open games. Routledge particularly. I know it was only a friendly against an unfit side, but the Sampdoria game is a good example.

I agree with your second point though, in fact it's the point I was making. Both were always going to be useless against a Mourinho side defending a 1-0 lead. We need genuine game changers on the bench. We've barely got any on the pitch at the moment
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024