Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could losing Gylfi be the making of us 15:51 - Aug 31 with 2194 viewsr0ckin

Outstanding talent, no question. I loved him as a footballer, but for me he become too totemic. You could almost see the collective malaise that descended when he wasn't available. I believe we became too focused around him and lost sight of the Swansea way in many ways.

I'm not convinced that Clement will unleash a wave of beautiful offensive passing football, which is what I prefer but I'm happy to see him mold a team that is in his image and for me losing Gylfi may actually work to our benefit. I'm not necessarily saying this in the short term, but going forward. 40m quid was a lovely wedge for us and I'm truly thankful to him for his talent and his class.

I'm optimistic for our future, I just feel we need to rekindle that magic and start believing again. Not aiming for 40 points bs and start aspiring to better things and that includes extending the stadium, I want to go to Newcastle game but I can't - it's ridiculous how small our stadium is for a club that should be looking to move up to the next stage.

Time to bring back the optimism.

Peace

Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 16:01 - Aug 31 with 2142 viewsLoyal

For all that has been said Huw has at times been involved in some decent shouts. His character and transparency aside he has some vision I'm sure, it's just his inability to communicate or even try to which is the issue. The sale of the club was for me pure villainy, however as T2C said Gylfi was an issue for us, I agreed with him to an extent and if losing Gylfi is the making of us then Jenkins has maybe done a decent job here.

But then Fck me he needs to, that's his job and he is very well paid for it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 16:01 - Aug 31 with 2145 viewsMo_Wives

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 16:17 - Aug 31 with 2050 viewsdobjack2

It could. Last season we escaped because Clement realised that all he had left going forward was set pieces and he tightened the defence up. We didn't sell gylfi and llorente in the January window. We stayed up so it wasn't the wrong call. Other calls may have worked but we will never know.

The team needed overhauling to play a different style, the obvious way to finance that overhaul was selling Gylfi. However so far our overhaul from the gylfi money is Clucas.

We have 2 talented youngsters on loan, I would assume down to the manager, have swopped cork for mesa and appear to be swopping llorente for Bony. Add in a few loans out sales and releases and a fair bit of work has been done.

Hopefully the rest of the gylfi money is going to be used to finance long term player investments as we can't rely on picking up 2 talented youngsters on loan every season. I hope that it is not going to be trousered in some shape or another whilst everyone is congratulating each other on signing Sanches on loan. That trousering includes buying a lease of the stadium.

What happens with the rest of the money will be telling.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 16:22]
Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 16:29 - Aug 31 with 1965 viewsvetchonian

Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 16:17 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

It could. Last season we escaped because Clement realised that all he had left going forward was set pieces and he tightened the defence up. We didn't sell gylfi and llorente in the January window. We stayed up so it wasn't the wrong call. Other calls may have worked but we will never know.

The team needed overhauling to play a different style, the obvious way to finance that overhaul was selling Gylfi. However so far our overhaul from the gylfi money is Clucas.

We have 2 talented youngsters on loan, I would assume down to the manager, have swopped cork for mesa and appear to be swopping llorente for Bony. Add in a few loans out sales and releases and a fair bit of work has been done.

Hopefully the rest of the gylfi money is going to be used to finance long term player investments as we can't rely on picking up 2 talented youngsters on loan every season. I hope that it is not going to be trousered in some shape or another whilst everyone is congratulating each other on signing Sanches on loan. That trousering includes buying a lease of the stadium.

What happens with the rest of the money will be telling.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 16:22]

Very true and we are putting a lot of responsibilitiy onto the shoulders of these very talented "inexperienced" footballers who will probably not be here next season so we will be starting again....and maybe with no "gems" of our own to sell on to fund replacement.

Yes Sanches is a coup..but his plaudits all come from around 365 mins of football in last years Euros....skillful and talented he is but we know there is more than that to being a pro footballer..

Back to the bigger picture I wonder how we replace Tammy and Sanches in 12 months time.....and will they survive the task?
How many of us have played in sides with talented youngsters whos' heads drop when things do not go their way? The old experienced heads in temas used to help out I dont see that in our side.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 16:50 - Aug 31 with 1844 viewsMrSwerve

Wait til TheRes reads this.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 16:52 - Aug 31 with 1827 viewsvetchonian

Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 16:50 - Aug 31 by MrSwerve

Wait til TheRes reads this.

I already have bunkered down and tin hat on

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 17:23 - Aug 31 with 1741 viewsawayjack

It may allow us to develop a more dynamic and creative style. We certainly adopted our style last two seasons, not sure if just poor managers pre PC or style was to suit Siggy, with control and pace daily limited. Whist he did his best to keep us up last year, style was basic and maybe PC accepting this to get out of a big hole. He's also funded our transfer activity this season, so we'll done but now time from 'old Stoke' tactics around set-plays to more creative play with pace and smart control of the ball. Our MF looks solid and capable of delivering new style. Be good to see our set-up and tactics evolve. A few hours left and good day so far - ideally upgrade RWB and another winger/AM to give us more pace and width.
Could losing Gylfi be the making of us on 18:00 - Aug 31 with 1635 viewsDr_Winston

The funds released by the sale of Sigurdsson have essentially allowed Clement to try and "rebalance" the side. To move back to a more fluid style as opposed to the dogmatic set piece nonsense which was the logical end game of the changes Monk and Jenkins made. Only time will tell if that has been successful.

We probably could have done that even with Sigurdssson in the team as we were no strangers to pretty passing football the first time he was here and he was no less effective, but it's easier when you've got £45m to do it with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024