Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Fixed Rate Mortgage 22:39 - Sep 6 with 2848 viewsTNT

Best five year fixed rate mortgage at this present time?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 22:55 - Sep 6 with 2837 viewsmajorraglan

There are lots of swings and roundabouts with mortgages and a lot will depend on the loan to value of your home ( you get a better deal with a lower borrowing ratio), the size of the mortgage and potential savings will determine whether it's worth paying an arrangement fee, you may also need to factor in legal costs, valuations/survey, searches if you are switching provider.

It may be worth taking some professional advice from a trusted independent advisor, there are plenty of comparisons sites as well. The below seems to have caused a bit of a stir in the press.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-4843776/Coventry-offers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/mortgages/lenders-cut-rates-penaltie
Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 22:58 - Sep 6 with 2831 viewsTNT

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 22:55 - Sep 6 by majorraglan

There are lots of swings and roundabouts with mortgages and a lot will depend on the loan to value of your home ( you get a better deal with a lower borrowing ratio), the size of the mortgage and potential savings will determine whether it's worth paying an arrangement fee, you may also need to factor in legal costs, valuations/survey, searches if you are switching provider.

It may be worth taking some professional advice from a trusted independent advisor, there are plenty of comparisons sites as well. The below seems to have caused a bit of a stir in the press.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-4843776/Coventry-offers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/mortgages/lenders-cut-rates-penaltie

Cheers buddy.

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 23:10 - Sep 6 with 2822 viewsItchySphincter

Nationwide. Always is.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 23:13 - Sep 6 with 2818 viewsmax936

My mate sorts mine out, he's been a FA for about 25yrs and he's very good, lives top end of Manselton, if you'd like his number send me a PM and I'll give you his Number

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 00:55 - Sep 7 with 2767 viewsBarrySwan

I just took out a 7 year fixed at 2.59% with Santander no fees..... it was actually carrying on from my introductory 2yr 1.99% rate with them which runs out next month.

I suppose everyones LTV is different and may affect rates. Taking a long term deal is always a gamble but I reckoned that with the Bank of England rate at 0.5% theres only one way rates will go over the next few years if they move at all.

It's all guesswork and a gamble I suppose.
Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 06:15 - Sep 7 with 2741 viewsjack247

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 23:10 - Sep 6 by ItchySphincter

Nationwide. Always is.

That's just not true.

www.unbiased.co.uk
Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 20:23 - Sep 7 with 2586 viewsTNT

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 23:13 - Sep 6 by max936

My mate sorts mine out, he's been a FA for about 25yrs and he's very good, lives top end of Manselton, if you'd like his number send me a PM and I'll give you his Number

Cheers Max, thanks for the offer mate. I've used a Financial Adviser in the past, but I just wonder how impartial they really are. He seemed to be steering me in a direction which suited him, or maybe I was just being hyper sceptical. Which is why I asked on here, just want views of regular guys like myself with no agenda. Thanks again buddy.

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 20:39 - Sep 7 with 2579 viewsItchySphincter

Just do all the usual comparison site searches then go down the Nationwide.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 20:45 - Sep 7 with 2576 viewsTheResurrection

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 00:55 - Sep 7 by BarrySwan

I just took out a 7 year fixed at 2.59% with Santander no fees..... it was actually carrying on from my introductory 2yr 1.99% rate with them which runs out next month.

I suppose everyones LTV is different and may affect rates. Taking a long term deal is always a gamble but I reckoned that with the Bank of England rate at 0.5% theres only one way rates will go over the next few years if they move at all.

It's all guesswork and a gamble I suppose.

0.25%

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 21:00 - Sep 7 with 2559 viewsswan85

Give London and country a call, based in bath. Used them several times as have friends, excellent business.
Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 21:52 - Sep 7 with 2518 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Martin money man you'll find the best on there

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 22:10 - Sep 7 with 2502 viewsmax936

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 20:23 - Sep 7 by TNT

Cheers Max, thanks for the offer mate. I've used a Financial Adviser in the past, but I just wonder how impartial they really are. He seemed to be steering me in a direction which suited him, or maybe I was just being hyper sceptical. Which is why I asked on here, just want views of regular guys like myself with no agenda. Thanks again buddy.

No worries, he always manages to get me very good deals despite my circumstances on times. I've found my myself to be fair better off as well, he's not attached to anyone and works Freelance, if you change your mind gimme a shout and best of luck in your search.

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 22:14 - Sep 7 with 2498 viewsmax936

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 20:39 - Sep 7 by ItchySphincter

Just do all the usual comparison site searches then go down the Nationwide.

That's were my mate went for me, I'm 2yrs into a 5yr fixed term think its 1.85% well its under 2 anyway without digging the paperwork out, I've only got about 7 yrs left on mine.

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 22:40 - Sep 7 with 2472 viewsBarrySwan

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 20:45 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

0.25%

Quite right Christopher of course it's 0.25%.

I knew there was an even better reason why I figured that rates will only go up rather than down.
Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 22:49 - Sep 7 with 2465 viewsmajorraglan

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 20:23 - Sep 7 by TNT

Go with your gut feeling, if you are uncomfortable with what's being proposed check out what's being suggested by the comparison sites etc and Nationwide who also have a comparison tool on their web site. Some of these advisors work on a commission basis so what's in their interest may not be in your best interest.
Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 23:23 - Sep 7 with 2444 viewsTNT

Best Fixed Rate Mortgage on 22:49 - Sep 7 by majorraglan

Go with your gut feeling, if you are uncomfortable with what's being proposed check out what's being suggested by the comparison sites etc and Nationwide who also have a comparison tool on their web site. Some of these advisors work on a commission basis so what's in their interest may not be in your best interest.

I'm sure the guy I used was on commission (I suppose that's what pays his mortgage!). Cheers mate, much appreciated.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024