Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contradiction in the fans 07:29 - Nov 6 with 11719 viewsJFSwan

"We want our club back "

"Greedy b**stards, get out of our club "

Surely getting the club back to where it was would involve the sell outs remaining as they are what made it ?

I am still not sure where to direct my anger at the minute.

Players - not putting in the effort .......
but Clement picks the players .....
but still only has what is given to him....
by Huw Jenkins .......who is only here because the Americans no nothing about football......
who are here because the previous shareholders sold out.

Contradiction in the fans on 21:22 - Nov 7 with 1709 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:14 - Nov 7 by Darran

Yes I love you.

Seriously though people keep saying be careful what you wish for but Jenkins won’t be here forever so what happens to the club when he eventually goes,does it fold or something?
He should go now.

It's a good point from you for once. I think this maybe the very first time I've ever said that about you. FACK!!

20 years to get to this point.....

But yes, I agree, the same was said for the reasons they sold out as well, remember. But you are right and this should be succession planned and starting now. A level headed supporter could learn to do this job though, the Trust could be involved in this, not the present lot, but anyone with a passion for the Swans and intelligent enough to learn from the past, reflect, consider and research.

But that won't help us this season. This season, just like last, we need Jenkins again and big time.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Contradiction in the fans on 21:25 - Nov 7 with 1709 viewsNeathJack

Contradiction in the fans on 21:18 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

Well yes, but you're another one that cant see past your own nose on occasions.

You're asking for the Americans to find the right DoF and then for that random appointment to report back to them - rookie USA money men.

Blind leading the blind.

Far better would be for Jenkins to properly review what went better for us in the past, turn the clock back a bit and recruit a manager that would get us playing again, believing in ourselves again and have a strong opinion on philosophy, DNA, or whatever they may want to call it and the right players to adopt this ethos.

Wagner at Huddersfield did this for them
Marco Silva now at Watford is doing the same
Poch when he came over did it
Martinez
Rodgers
Laudrup

These managers are out there and the best person to stop and think and get back to basics is Jenkins, i'm afraid to tall you.

That's an opinion, you are right, but it's the correct one and best hope, no matter how childish fans want to keep getting.

I respectfully disagree completely.

The longer Jenkins hangs around, the worse the atmosphere is going to get. You may not like that fact but it is a fact nonetheless.

He has shown little over the last 2-3 years that he is any longer capable of having the apparent Midas touch that he once appeared to have. Any backing of him now is just hope and blind faith but the ship sailed out of the door the moment he, along with the rest of them, decided to sell up.

The quicker the break with him is made the better and yes, it would be a leap into the dark with a new DoF, but it's one that will have to be taken sooner or later. May as well make it sooner as the status quo is imo unsustainable.
Contradiction in the fans on 21:34 - Nov 7 with 1703 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:25 - Nov 7 by NeathJack

I respectfully disagree completely.

The longer Jenkins hangs around, the worse the atmosphere is going to get. You may not like that fact but it is a fact nonetheless.

He has shown little over the last 2-3 years that he is any longer capable of having the apparent Midas touch that he once appeared to have. Any backing of him now is just hope and blind faith but the ship sailed out of the door the moment he, along with the rest of them, decided to sell up.

The quicker the break with him is made the better and yes, it would be a leap into the dark with a new DoF, but it's one that will have to be taken sooner or later. May as well make it sooner as the status quo is imo unsustainable.

Wrong again I'm afraid to keep telling you.

Nobody mentioned Jenkins from January to September, in fact, to give you an actual "fact" he was spoken of highly again in certain quarters.

He appointed Clement and whether you like it or not, he completed a miracle. The bigger miracle worker was Jenkins though, as not only did he have to get the right manager to get us out of the stickiest situation ever, he had to replace nearly half of the first XI

That my friend is a midas touch, so not lost, not one bit.

Really take time to read and digest what I'm telling you. Sleep on it.

I am right.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Contradiction in the fans on 21:36 - Nov 7 with 1691 viewswhoflungdung

I d like to make a comment

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Contradiction in the fans on 21:40 - Nov 7 with 1680 viewsNeathJack

Contradiction in the fans on 21:34 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

Nobody mentioned Jenkins from January to September, in fact, to give you an actual "fact" he was spoken of highly again in certain quarters.

He appointed Clement and whether you like it or not, he completed a miracle. The bigger miracle worker was Jenkins though, as not only did he have to get the right manager to get us out of the stickiest situation ever, he had to replace nearly half of the first XI

I am right.

Two decent signings in January does not a midas touch make me old fruit.

The summer transfer window was an unmitigated disaster and is one of, if not the main reason, for our current predicament.

But as usual there is little point in discussing anything with you as you can never been seen to be anything but right in your own head.

There's a certain irony there.
Contradiction in the fans on 21:43 - Nov 7 with 1675 viewsVetchfielder

Contradiction in the fans on 21:34 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

I am right.

"Nobody mentioned Jenkins from January to September"

Jenkins was mentioned loads of times on here in the Summer in relation to the stuff around the deal/no deal vote and his continued involvement in the club.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Contradiction in the fans on 21:48 - Nov 7 with 1665 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:40 - Nov 7 by NeathJack

Two decent signings in January does not a midas touch make me old fruit.

The summer transfer window was an unmitigated disaster and is one of, if not the main reason, for our current predicament.

But as usual there is little point in discussing anything with you as you can never been seen to be anything but right in your own head.

There's a certain irony there.

29 points says it does. Carroll, Olsson, Ayew were paramount for us.

The Summer window was muddled, or at least it seems. But we've not got the best out of the players we have brought in and that's not Jenkins fault, it's the clown Clement's.

If Bony can get some matches under his belt he will make us. Completely.

Really though mate, I am right here and deep down you know.it.

In amongst the confusion and chaos and screaming and shouting that's going on, the one constant people want is a team they can enjoy watching which is competitive. To get back to this we need to make one appointment and one only, the right manager. Jenkins is more than capable of this.

You can piss your pants and huff and puff and diss my posts all you like,

People will read these and take it in, they will open their eyes a bit more and see it makes sense. No point being childish about it.

Best,

The Box

Contradiction in the fans on 21:50 - Nov 7 with 1654 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:43 - Nov 7 by Vetchfielder

"Nobody mentioned Jenkins from January to September"

Jenkins was mentioned loads of times on here in the Summer in relation to the stuff around the deal/no deal vote and his continued involvement in the club.

You don't have to split hairs, as that's all you're doing

Of course I didn't mean Jenkins wasn't mentioned at all FFS. Hang on, did you really think I meant that? - Bless!!!

Others will get the drift.

Login to get fewer ads

Contradiction in the fans on 21:51 - Nov 7 with 1646 viewswhoflungdung

Sorry ,you're not right

You re might not be wrong

Who decides ?

Nobody but oneself

Everyone " thinks" they are right even when they are acting wrong

Contradiction in the fans on 21:53 - Nov 7 with 1643 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:51 - Nov 7 by whoflungdung

Sorry ,you're not right

You re might not be wrong

Who decides ?

Nobody but oneself

Everyone " thinks" they are right even when they are acting wrong

When it comes to the big moments, mostly I am right.

No need to be sorry, just accepting.

Contradiction in the fans on 21:59 - Nov 7 with 1621 viewsNeathJack

Contradiction in the fans on 21:48 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

29 points says it does. Carroll, Olsson, Ayew were paramount for us.

The Summer window was muddled, or at least it seems. But we've not got the best out of the players we have brought in and that's not Jenkins fault, it's the clown Clement's.

If Bony can get some matches under his belt he will make us. Completely.

Really though mate, I am right here and deep down you know.it.

In amongst the confusion and chaos and screaming and shouting that's going on, the one constant people want is a team they can enjoy watching which is competitive. To get back to this we need to make one appointment and one only, the right manager. Jenkins is more than capable of this.

You can piss your pants and huff and puff and diss my posts all you like,

People will read these and take it in, they will open their eyes a bit more and see it makes sense. No point being childish about it.

Best,

The Box

As I said, I disagree for the reasons already given.

The summer transfer window was not muddled, it was appalling. You've only got to see record signing Sam Clucas playing at left back to work that out. We needed a couple of full backs. We bought none & sold one. Ludicrous.

That's without the Mesa situation, the Sanches waste of time so far and the Bony reminiscence. There is nothing at all to suggest from the last couple of years that he is ever going to get a run of matches under his belt. He's a busted flush and has looked it for the best part of those 2 years.

And that's just this summer never mind the Borja farce of last season and the new contracts handed out to players who should have been out the door some time ago.

Anywho, no point in going back and forth. You think you're right, I think I'm right. T'was ever thus.

Feel free to have the last word.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 22:00]
Contradiction in the fans on 22:01 - Nov 7 with 1611 viewswhoflungdung

Mostly

Well, it never pays to believe one is always right about matters over which we have no control

You cannot control SCFC .Sometimes ,I wish you could as we d have some fire in the belly and outright arrogance ,which we need .

We ve got beaten,downbeat ,insipid and disparate board with a chairman who is losing us money .

We ve got a clueless ,downbeat manager and wecre sinking fast

Now ,I and right,come to think of it

Good to debate again anyway

We re not lovers but we love the same thing

Contradiction in the fans on 22:04 - Nov 7 with 1609 viewspencoedjack

Contradiction in the fans on 21:59 - Nov 7 by NeathJack

The summer transfer window was not muddled, it was appalling. You've only got to see record signing Sam Clucas playing at left back to work that out. We needed a couple of full backs. We bought none & sold one. Ludicrous.

That's without the Mesa situation, the Sanches waste of time so far and the Bony reminiscence. There is nothing at all to suggest from the last couple of years that he is ever going to get a run of matches under his belt. He's a busted flush and has looked it for the best part of those 2 years.

And that's just this summer never mind the Borja farce of last season and the new contracts handed out to players who should have been out the door some time ago.

Anywho, no point in going back and forth. You think you're right, I think I'm right. T'was ever thus.

Cracking post Neath
Contradiction in the fans on 08:09 - Nov 8 with 1543 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:59 - Nov 7 by NeathJack

Lots of club's have difficult windows, even when you spend an absolute fortune it guarantees nothing.

You're acting like a little girl thinking you could run a premier league club better than people that have been doing it for nigh on a decade. Think about how stupid you sound.

And why do you think the window just gone didn't go to plan, who's fault do you think that was?

Because I can give you a bit of insight there and tell you now, it wasn't Jenkins......

Contradiction in the fans on 08:37 - Nov 8 with 1519 viewstrampie

Contradiction in the fans on 08:09 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

Lots of club's have difficult windows, even when you spend an absolute fortune it guarantees nothing.

You're acting like a little girl thinking you could run a premier league club better than people that have been doing it for nigh on a decade. Think about how stupid you sound.

And why do you think the window just gone didn't go to plan, who's fault do you think that was?

Because I can give you a bit of insight there and tell you now, it wasn't Jenkins......

I thought that you thought it was our best transfer window ever ?, changing your tune aren't you.
Gylfi wasn't replaced, the creative spark of the team, the dead ball expert, the legs of the team.

I feared for the Swans before a ball was kicked and this was underlined after goalless draws away to Soton and Spurs, the results weren't tactical masterclasses but luck, I seen it before a third of a century plus ago, a 0-0 away to County (terrible game against a poor side) followed by 2 wins and we went down and down with ease.
Because Swans had not replaced Gylfi and had let Llorente and Cork go I feared for the team, after that 0-0 away from home on the opening day although a good result on paper it was a beat-down against an ordinary side, I wrote on the net that Swans had got relegated from the top flight after starting the campaign with a 0-0 away draw, I said that because I was worried for this season already, I'm not in the slightest a negative person, Swans will need to stay in touch till January and then get a replacement for Gylfi, they may have to get two players just to do what he did on his own, who would come to them and how much is another question, at this moment Swans are in a heap of trouble.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Contradiction in the fans on 09:44 - Nov 8 with 1480 viewswhoflungdung

Not muddled or apparently.

Disastrous and one that could actually finish us as a PL club.

Not Chairman s responsibility ? Hardly worth commenting as its like poking add ad dead with a stick

We made great profit which has literally been thrown away on "tut" . It's unforgivable, indefensible and just look at the state we re in

If the buys were not that of Jenkins ,then Clement should have walked out immediately if he was a man of honour,which he clearly isn't .

Contradiction in the fans on 10:03 - Nov 8 with 1463 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 08:37 - Nov 8 by trampie

I thought that you thought it was our best transfer window ever ?, changing your tune aren't you.
Gylfi wasn't replaced, the creative spark of the team, the dead ball expert, the legs of the team.

I feared for the Swans before a ball was kicked and this was underlined after goalless draws away to Soton and Spurs, the results weren't tactical masterclasses but luck, I seen it before a third of a century plus ago, a 0-0 away to County (terrible game against a poor side) followed by 2 wins and we went down and down with ease.
Because Swans had not replaced Gylfi and had let Llorente and Cork go I feared for the team, after that 0-0 away from home on the opening day although a good result on paper it was a beat-down against an ordinary side, I wrote on the net that Swans had got relegated from the top flight after starting the campaign with a 0-0 away draw, I said that because I was worried for this season already, I'm not in the slightest a negative person, Swans will need to stay in touch till January and then get a replacement for Gylfi, they may have to get two players just to do what he did on his own, who would come to them and how much is another question, at this moment Swans are in a heap of trouble.

I did say that yes, with a slight tongue in cheek after getting my wish in Siggy leaving and also thinking Sanches was going to be, well, let's say a bit different.

For me the big signing was Bony but we haven't had much out of him yet and I know a lot warned against this. I'm still hoping he's going to get a run of games behind him and if does he'll be just what we need.

The other major issue is the manager, because there's a reason we're playing like we are and it's not because of the players we have, maybe the players he doesn't play would be more appropriate to talk about.

He has not got the best out of the whole squad and he's stifling any energy or open play from us. This will be addressed sooner or later and we can revisit posts like these for a fairer reflection.

But I'm not having all this replacing Siggy nonsense, unless you're talking about set pieces only, because yeah, we have missed him for those. But seriously, nothing else. Nobody would miss a player with no pace, a poor touch and only involved for an average of 23 touches per game.

We've missed getting someone in who could do a better job in the position he played last season, Chadli for example.

But this thread isn't about all that, it's about the fans not knowing whether they're coming or going or what they're screaming blue murder about.

Contradiction in the fans on 10:12 - Nov 8 with 1451 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 09:44 - Nov 8 by whoflungdung

Not muddled or apparently.

Disastrous and one that could actually finish us as a PL club.

Not Chairman s responsibility ? Hardly worth commenting as its like poking add ad dead with a stick

We made great profit which has literally been thrown away on "tut" . It's unforgivable, indefensible and just look at the state we re in

If the buys were not that of Jenkins ,then Clement should have walked out immediately if he was a man of honour,which he clearly isn't .

You need to know who does what, who makes what decisions and why and more importantly when. If you don't, and you clearly don't from your posts, you should refrain from potentially embarrassing yourself.

Jenkins wanted Siggy gone early doors, the fact he didn't meant the rest of the window was rushed and muddled.

I did push and push and PUSH the Trust on this very matter and they told me they were preparing a statement of concern to all Directors, that never saw the light of day as far as I know.

The Trust just don't get involved when they should, half arsed, half cock and dithery.

That's where the problem was and that had nothing to do with Jenkins.

Quite the opposite in fact.

Contradiction in the fans on 10:13 - Nov 8 with 1443 viewscostalotta

Contradiction in the fans on 08:09 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

You sure about that?

Actions speak louder than words and the actions of jenkins in respect of the summer window and subsequent vote on the future closing date of the window says it all.

Forget the siggy saga, we all knew he was going and the same can be said of llorente. What there wasn't was any cohesive succession plan in place. And that is one of the reasons for a very poor summer window. Who's responsible for that? You guessed it Jenkins. He phucked up again as the signings was mostly desperation.
Contradiction in the fans on 10:30 - Nov 8 with 1421 viewswhoflungdung

I cannot understand how it can be seen that Jenkins does not have control over transfers

Sigursson sale was fully a month late in completing .you have a club like Everton willing to buy giving us huge profit but we hang out for another ten million which we then spunk away on Bony ,a complete gamble . We shouldn't have bought him HOPING .This ain't Vegas .

Siggy sale could and should have set us up for another solid season.

It didn't

Buck stops you know where

Contradiction in the fans on 11:07 - Nov 8 with 1405 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 10:13 - Nov 8 by costalotta

You sure about that?

Actions speak louder than words and the actions of jenkins in respect of the summer window and subsequent vote on the future closing date of the window says it all.

Forget the siggy saga, we all knew he was going and the same can be said of llorente. What there wasn't was any cohesive succession plan in place. And that is one of the reasons for a very poor summer window. Who's responsible for that? You guessed it Jenkins. He phucked up again as the signings was mostly desperation.

I'm very sure about it but you aren't obviously.

Succession planning for replacing players?? Fack me, what part of Dreamland are you living in?

Club's will have targets but it's one thing having them, it's another getting them, especially a club like ours who let's face it, We're not going to be first choice are we.

You need to adopt a sense of realism to your arguments because what you're writing and wishing for is just fanciful.

Now, let me repeat, had we dumped Siggy a month earlier a lot more could've happened, but still, even then, you'll have players and club's in no rush and waiting til the last knockings to pick and choose where they go or sell to.

Get real.

Contradiction in the fans on 11:22 - Nov 8 with 1388 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 10:30 - Nov 8 by whoflungdung

I cannot understand how it can be seen that Jenkins does not have control over transfers

Sigursson sale was fully a month late in completing .you have a club like Everton willing to buy giving us huge profit but we hang out for another ten million which we then spunk away on Bony ,a complete gamble . We shouldn't have bought him HOPING .This ain't Vegas .

Siggy sale could and should have set us up for another solid season.

It didn't

Buck stops you know where

Incorrect.

It wasn't Jenkins decision.

He wanted to sell long before we did.

Get your facts right.

It's important when you're damning people, especially innocent ones.

Contradiction in the fans on 12:36 - Nov 8 with 1354 viewscostalotta

Contradiction in the fans on 11:07 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

I'm very sure about it but you aren't obviously.

Succession planning for replacing players?? Fack me, what part of Dreamland are you living in?

Club's will have targets but it's one thing having them, it's another getting them, especially a club like ours who let's face it, We're not going to be first choice are we.

You need to adopt a sense of realism to your arguments because what you're writing and wishing for is just fanciful.

Now, let me repeat, had we dumped Siggy a month earlier a lot more could've happened, but still, even then, you'll have players and club's in no rush and waiting til the last knockings to pick and choose where they go or sell to.

Get real.

Dreamland! That's a bit rich coming from you.

Yes, succession planning can take many forms and touch on may areas of a organisation and happens in most organisations that strive for success. This includes football clubs. In fact, we used to back in the day when we were run properly. The club used to bang on about it all the time.

Your comment about targets and whether we get them or not is as obvious as night and day and that was the case before, when we did succession planning properly, in many areas within the business. So what are you trying to add?

By the way, i am not arguing with you I am disagreeing with you, get over it.

Why do you feel the need to 'repeat' all the time? FFS, people can clearly see what is there and draw their own conclusions. Perhaps you should join the rest in the real world? its a nice place, you don't have to judge or be judged. No egos you know.

Oh, it was Jenkins.
Contradiction in the fans on 13:13 - Nov 8 with 1324 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 12:36 - Nov 8 by costalotta

Dreamland! That's a bit rich coming from you.

Yes, succession planning can take many forms and touch on may areas of a organisation and happens in most organisations that strive for success. This includes football clubs. In fact, we used to back in the day when we were run properly. The club used to bang on about it all the time.

Your comment about targets and whether we get them or not is as obvious as night and day and that was the case before, when we did succession planning properly, in many areas within the business. So what are you trying to add?

By the way, i am not arguing with you I am disagreeing with you, get over it.

Why do you feel the need to 'repeat' all the time? FFS, people can clearly see what is there and draw their own conclusions. Perhaps you should join the rest in the real world? its a nice place, you don't have to judge or be judged. No egos you know.

Oh, it was Jenkins.

Whole bunch of words to say Jack shit. Standard par for the course for you.

Get some reality, understand what you're trying to say, do some research and come back when you've actually got a point.

Chucking a load of business hyperbole at me because you've probably learned it in some work meeting means fack all.

Succession planning. Sounds great and the way forward. Give me an example of our succession planning in the past, because I know it was mentioned, again fancifully previously, but can't think of any time when we've seen much of it.

And you can disagree all you like but you don't know what's going on,or has done, clearly so away you go....

Contradiction in the fans on 13:30 - Nov 8 with 1305 viewscostalotta

Contradiction in the fans on 13:13 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

Whole bunch of words to say Jack shit. Standard par for the course for you.

Get some reality, understand what you're trying to say, do some research and come back when you've actually got a point.

Chucking a load of business hyperbole at me because you've probably learned it in some work meeting means fack all.

Succession planning. Sounds great and the way forward. Give me an example of our succession planning in the past, because I know it was mentioned, again fancifully previously, but can't think of any time when we've seen much of it.

And you can disagree all you like but you don't know what's going on,or has done, clearly so away you go....

You're a funny guy! Sometimes.

Hyperbole! Meetings, Work! Is that really what you think? You've clearly not got a clue fella!

'Words that mean jack shit' That or an attempt at insults is your usual response when you don't like when some disagrees with you or you don't get it? But hey ho, you are seen coming from a mile off!

On the one hand you say do your research and next thing you asking me for an example. For one who tries to demonstrate that you know so much you don't half do the opposite. You do some fecking research your self, or try and get them brain cells to engage and perhaps use your memory, if you got one. You never know you might remember something useful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024