Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301164 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 18:05 - Jan 13 with 1823 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Countdown begins. on 17:33 - Jan 13 by longlostjack

Hilary Benn will be the star of the show next week as Parliament takes back control.

Expect May to loose and then initiate a support Brexit or oppose Brexit vote in Parliament. This will get very messy for MPs.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Countdown begins. on 18:09 - Jan 13 with 1815 viewsDJack

The Countdown begins. on 18:05 - Jan 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Expect May to loose and then initiate a support Brexit or oppose Brexit vote in Parliament. This will get very messy for MPs.

It's been a fcking mess from the getgo!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Countdown begins. on 18:15 - Jan 13 with 1809 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 17:33 - Jan 13 by longlostjack

Hilary Benn will be the star of the show next week as Parliament takes back control.

His father would be so proud

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 18:36 - Jan 13 with 1775 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Countdown begins. on 18:09 - Jan 13 by DJack

It's been a fcking mess from the getgo!

Agree, but now some of them might need to actually support something rather than simply protest. This may or may not be in line with their constituencies.

The Countdown begins. on 18:55 - Jan 13 with 1758 viewsFlashberryjack

The Countdown begins. on 18:36 - Jan 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Agree, but now some of them might need to actually support something rather than simply protest. This may or may not be in line with their constituencies.

Democracy is bleeding to death in the UK ...RIP

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Countdown begins. on 19:03 - Jan 13 with 1749 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Countdown begins. on 18:36 - Jan 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

It’s fair to point out that parliament has to find a way through this if it rejects May’s deal. But - parliament doesn’t have the power to negotiate itself, only the government does. So it’s the sole responsibility of the government to find something that commands a majority in parliament. May has known for months that her clusterf*ck of a deal won’t command that majority so why she’s still pushing it is beyond me.

Poll: Tory leader

The Countdown begins. on 19:06 - Jan 13 with 1745 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 18:55 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

Democracy is bleeding to death in the UK ...RIP

Au contraire mon ami - Parliament is at last doing what they’re paid to do and are taking back control. Makes you proud to be British!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 19:10 - Jan 13 with 1738 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Countdown begins. on 19:03 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

It’s fair to point out that parliament has to find a way through this if it rejects May’s deal. But - parliament doesn’t have the power to negotiate itself, only the government does. So it’s the sole responsibility of the government to find something that commands a majority in parliament. May has known for months that her clusterf*ck of a deal won’t command that majority so why she’s still pushing it is beyond me.

Yes and there are the those MPs calling for a second vote, to leave without a deal and a whole load of them who don't seem clear about the way forward, Corbyn refused to be drawn on if Labour was in favour of Brexit by Andrew Marr today. They have to find a way forward but they are very factional and 75 percent of them supported remain. I don't think any of them are up to the job.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 19:13]

Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 19:11 - Jan 13 with 1737 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 19:03 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

She knew that the only chance of her getting the deal through was by playing the chicken game. To successfully do that your threat needs to be credible and you can’t have pesky mechanics in the form of Parliamentarians continually fixing the car.

The Countdown begins. on 19:12 - Jan 13 with 1735 viewsFlashberryjack

The Countdown begins. on 19:06 - Jan 13 by longlostjack

Au contraire mon ami - Parliament is at last doing what they’re paid to do and are taking back control. Makes you proud to be British!

Parliament is there to implement the will of the people.

Hello

The Countdown begins. on 19:14 - Jan 13 with 1726 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Countdown begins. on 19:12 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

And it’s already voted on and approved legislation to do just that. What it can’t agree on now is the details of how to do it.

The Countdown begins. on 19:14 - Jan 13 with 1724 viewslonglostjack

No it’s not.

The Countdown begins. on 19:20 - Jan 13 with 1715 viewsDJack

...and to act on behalf of the people when we are unable do so ourselves or we are unable to discern the pertinent facts and come to reasonable position. Which is why we don't get a say on the intricacies of law.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Countdown begins. on 19:37 - Jan 13 with 1694 viewsFlashberryjack

The Countdown begins. on 19:20 - Jan 13 by DJack

...and to act on behalf of the people when we are unable do so ourselves or we are unable to discern the pertinent facts and come to reasonable position. Which is why we don't get a say on the intricacies of law.

That's not democracy...democracy is done through the ballot box.

Hello

The Countdown begins. on 19:48 - Jan 13 with 1680 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Countdown begins. on 19:37 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

That's not democracy...democracy is done through the ballot box.

Which is how parliament was elected.

The Countdown begins. on 20:00 - Jan 13 with 1665 viewsFlashberryjack

The Countdown begins. on 19:48 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

Which is how parliament was elected.

Exactly...something like a referendum.

Hello

The Countdown begins. on 20:01 - Jan 13 with 1661 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Countdown begins. on 20:00 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

Yeah. Let’s have one I reckon.

The Countdown begins. on 20:08 - Jan 13 with 1658 viewslondonlisa2001

The Countdown begins. on 20:01 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah. Let’s have one I reckon.

Oh dear God no.

Even as someone who thinks this is stupid beyond belief, I’m not sure I could stomach another referendum.

My guess (worth precisely nothing), is May’s deal gets voted down, Corbyn does call a no confidence vote and loses, parliament get a cross party grip and bring forward a series of ‘deals’ to vote on, Article 50 is extended, some version of Norway plus plus plus gets agreed (in customs union whatever it’s called, in single market whatever it’s called, free movement whatever it’s called, we pay, no vote, we’ve left (technically), in a few years we get an ‘advisory vote’). We were never joining the Euro anyway, so we’re back where we would have been.
The Countdown begins. on 20:09 - Jan 13 with 1656 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 20:00 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

So it’s OK for May to call a General Election when she wants but a referendum can’t be repeated, even though people now have a better idea of what Brexit is all about. How democratic is that?

The Countdown begins. on 20:11 - Jan 13 with 1651 viewslondonlisa2001

The Countdown begins. on 20:09 - Jan 13 by longlostjack

So it’s OK for May to call a General Election when she wants but a referendum can’t be repeated, even though people now have a better idea of what Brexit is all about. How democratic is that?

The ‘will of the people’ was a fixed event. Never to be refreshed. That’s what it is now. Forever.
The Countdown begins. on 20:15 - Jan 13 with 1642 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Countdown begins. on 20:11 - Jan 13 by londonlisa2001

The ‘will of the people’ was a fixed event. Never to be refreshed. That’s what it is now. Forever.

A fixed point in time and space.

The tyranny of the majority.

The Countdown begins. on 20:29 - Jan 13 with 1626 viewsunion_jack

The Countdown begins. on 20:11 - Jan 13 by londonlisa2001

That only seems to be the case once a referendum changes the status quo.

In your argument, Scotland should never be allowed another independence referendum but undoubtedly they will. If Wales hadn’t foolishly voted for its own assembly, there would have been another one by now.

That said, I believe there is a valid reason for a re-ref as we are now in possession of facts not known at time and importantly the likely consequences of leaving / remaining. I’d abide 100% by the decision of a second referendum (well I’d have no choice but you know what I mean).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Countdown begins. on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 1623 viewslondonlisa2001

The Countdown begins. on 20:29 - Jan 13 by union_jack

That only seems to be the case once a referendum changes the status quo.

In your argument, Scotland should never be allowed another independence referendum but undoubtedly they will. If Wales hadn’t foolishly voted for its own assembly, there would have been another one by now.

That said, I believe there is a valid reason for a re-ref as we are now in possession of facts not known at time and importantly the likely consequences of leaving / remaining. I’d abide 100% by the decision of a second referendum (well I’d have no choice but you know what I mean).

It’s not my view. I was being sarcastic.
The Countdown begins. on 20:39 - Jan 13 with 1614 viewsunion_jack

The Countdown begins. on 20:34 - Jan 13 by londonlisa2001

It’s not my view. I was being sarcastic.

Fair enough, but my points are still valid generally.

Referenda are ratchet like when they change a situation but if not, will happen again until the ‘desired result’ is achieved.

This time the will of the people must be scrutinised fully imo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Countdown begins. on 20:45 - Jan 13 with 1603 viewsFlashberryjack

The Countdown begins. on 20:09 - Jan 13 by longlostjack

Now where did I say that a referendum can't be repeated ? I couldn't give a toss how many there are, as they are pretty pointless as has been proven.
Democracy in this country, if not already dead, is pretty damn close to being so.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024