Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flat Earth Society 17:20 - Nov 15 with 31744 viewsNogginthenog

Discussion on radio 5 about this yesterday, anyone subscribe to this bunkum?

https://www.tfes.org/
Flat Earth Society on 15:20 - Nov 17 with 3606 viewsHumpty

Flat Earth Society on 12:59 - Nov 17 by jack2jack

Has anyone ever fallen off the edge of the world?

According to the programme the OP mentioned NASA employees guard the edge to stop people falling over it. Honestly.
Flat Earth Society on 15:26 - Nov 17 with 3598 viewslondonlisa2001

Flat Earth Society on 15:20 - Nov 17 by Humpty

According to the programme the OP mentioned NASA employees guard the edge to stop people falling over it. Honestly.

By programme, are people watching the Truman show and thinking it's a documentary?
Flat Earth Society on 15:40 - Nov 17 with 3576 viewsBobby_Fischer

Flat Earth Society on 15:20 - Nov 17 by Humpty

Shut up??

EDIT: These must be the same guys guarding Antarctica so normal folk can't get in?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 15:41]

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Flat Earth Society on 15:51 - Nov 17 with 3561 viewsFlashberryjack

And there's me thinking all Cuckoos flew home for winter.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Flat Earth Society on 15:54 - Nov 17 with 3559 viewsWarwickHunt

Flat Earth Society on 14:59 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Don't dismiss things so easily?

What, like the entire history of human knowledge? Dismissed on the evidence of something you can buy in Argos?

You're not open to new evidence for or against anything. There couldn't be more evidence that the Earth is a globe. You can bloody see it. I don't mean 'from NASA photos' I mean yourself.

As for your senses - if you're on a plane (I assume you've been on one?), and you walk up the cabin to the loo, do your 'senses' tell you you're walking at a normal speed, or do they tell you you're walking at over 600 mph to reach the loo? You know, to overtake the plane you're traveling on? Now what does that indicate about our senses? Could it be that because we are travelling at exactly the same speed as the Earth (what are the chances of that, thinking about it, I mean, that's a conspiracy theory right there!) that we 'feel' like we're not moving?

And if you want to go to Antarctica, there are any number of cruises where you can do just that,

See, you told me that I shouldn't have believed everything I was taught in school, whereas I think you should have listened a bit harder.

I think the only plane he's been on is an astral one. It's close to the edge of the Earth but the buses operate a Sunday service.

Ding ding - all aboard!
Flat Earth Society on 15:56 - Nov 17 with 3557 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Just had a browse around the link in the OP. I was very dubious, but when I saw that Shaq is on-board, I'm beginning to come around. I mean, who can not be in awe of these wise words on the matter:

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Flat Earth Society on 15:57 - Nov 17 with 3548 viewsBanosswan

The earth needs to be spherical for gravity to work.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Flat Earth Society on 15:59 - Nov 17 with 3541 viewsWarwickHunt

Flat Earth Society on 15:56 - Nov 17 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Just had a browse around the link in the OP. I was very dubious, but when I saw that Shaq is on-board, I'm beginning to come around. I mean, who can not be in awe of these wise words on the matter:

Dr. Shaq?

I'm guessing it's honorary - it sure as fück ain't in Physics, blud.
Login to get fewer ads

Flat Earth Society on 15:59 - Nov 17 with 3540 viewsBanosswan

And the moon isn't a 'convenient' distance from earth, it's being thrown further away constantly and will eventually be ejected from the earth's orbit.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Flat Earth Society on 16:00 - Nov 17 with 3537 viewsWarwickHunt

Flat Earth Society on 15:57 - Nov 17 by Banosswan

Dr. Shaq says there ain't no such thang. Do keep up!
Flat Earth Society on 16:11 - Nov 17 with 3531 viewslondonlisa2001

Flat Earth Society on 15:57 - Nov 17 by Banosswan

Well gravity would be different if it wasn't.

If the Earth was flat, you'd weigh more in the centre of the flat bit than you would at the edges. Those NASA guards must be anchored down or something. Gravity would pull you towards the centre. The fact that you weigh exactly the same wherever you are on the Earth means it's a sphere. I think, anyway. My physics isn't very good.

But as I said before, you can actually see it. That's the bit I don't get with these people.

You could see the curvature of the Earth quite clearly from Concorde (I haven't been on it, but I know many who have). And if you're flying trasatlantic particularly on one of those new planes, you can see it as well. Or you could just lie on the beach, watch the sun set, then climb up to the prom, or up a tree or something, and watch it set again.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:12]
Flat Earth Society on 16:29 - Nov 17 with 3504 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

When Felix whathisname did that 'space jump' for Red Bull, it was mentioned at the time how he was up so high the curvature of the earth could be clearly seen. I assume this was just another illuminati photoshop stitch-up?

Wait, is that a Nikon P900 in his leg pocket? the plot thickens...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Flat Earth Society on 16:37 - Nov 17 with 3493 viewsBanosswan

And when I went to Vancouver, we flew over the Arctic. Or did BA just fly us to the edge of the earth for fun?

Flat Earth Society on 16:53 - Nov 17 with 3472 viewsCooperman

Flat Earth Society on 15:26 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

By programme, are people watching the Truman show and thinking it's a documentary?

I was on a flight last week and watched that (again).

As an aside, the plane didn’t reach the wall at the side of the earth.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:54]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Flat Earth Society on 16:59 - Nov 17 with 3460 viewsMrSwerve

Flat Earth Society on 15:59 - Nov 17 by WarwickHunt

Dr. Shaq?

I'm guessing it's honorary - it sure as fück ain't in Physics, blud.

Nope - he earned it.

Can't help but feel he's taking the piss a bit...he's not thick by any means.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Flat Earth Society on 17:12 - Nov 17 with 3441 viewslondonlisa2001

Flat Earth Society on 16:59 - Nov 17 by MrSwerve

Nope - he earned it.

Can't help but feel he's taking the piss a bit...he's not thick by any means.

Well he has a BA in general Studies, an online MBA from the University of Phoenix who are a well known scam for student loans, and a doctorate in Human Resource Development, so he's not exactly Dr Brian Cox is he?
Flat Earth Society on 17:24 - Nov 17 with 3420 viewsMrSwerve

Flat Earth Society on 17:12 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Well he has a BA in general Studies, an online MBA from the University of Phoenix who are a well known scam for student loans, and a doctorate in Human Resource Development, so he's not exactly Dr Brian Cox is he?

I didn't say he was.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Flat Earth Society on 18:11 - Nov 17 with 3371 viewsNogginthenog

An interesting topic with some well constructed replies. I am firmly of the opinion that the earth is a sphere. I appreciate those who wish to pursue an alternative viewpoint even when they are entirely wrong. It is strange indeed though that there is even a socity dedicated to it despite overwheming evidence to the contrary.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 18:45]
Flat Earth Society on 18:16 - Nov 17 with 3362 viewslifelong

Cracking thread, must end up as one of the classics... crying laughing here.
Flat Earth Society on 18:37 - Nov 17 with 3336 viewswhoflungdung

And people get paid handsomely for coming up wit this

Pitiful

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Flat Earth Society on 18:43 - Nov 17 with 3319 viewsHumpty

Flat Earth Society on 16:11 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Well gravity would be different if it wasn't.

If the Earth was flat, you'd weigh more in the centre of the flat bit than you would at the edges. Those NASA guards must be anchored down or something. Gravity would pull you towards the centre. The fact that you weigh exactly the same wherever you are on the Earth means it's a sphere. I think, anyway. My physics isn't very good.

But as I said before, you can actually see it. That's the bit I don't get with these people.

You could see the curvature of the Earth quite clearly from Concorde (I haven't been on it, but I know many who have). And if you're flying trasatlantic particularly on one of those new planes, you can see it as well. Or you could just lie on the beach, watch the sun set, then climb up to the prom, or up a tree or something, and watch it set again.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:12]

The reason the earth looks curved in those photos is because they only ever use GoPro cameras to take them. If they used normal cameras we'd see it was flat.

Once again. Honestly.

Anyone who wants to listen to it from 2:38 on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09dwrdp#play
Flat Earth Society on 18:45 - Nov 17 with 3311 viewsBobby_Fischer

Flat Earth Society on 16:00 - Nov 17 by WarwickHunt

Dr. Shaq says there ain't no such thang. Do keep up!

Don't diss Shaq, sorry Dr. Shaq - he is the doctor of slam dunks!

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Flat Earth Society on 19:05 - Nov 17 with 3285 viewsPozuelosSideys

So if i go to one of these edges, the ones guarded by NASA employees, and then decide to throw a ball over the edge, what happens to the ball?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Flat Earth Society on 19:25 - Nov 17 with 3261 viewsexiledclaseboy

Flat Earth Society on 19:05 - Nov 17 by PozuelosSideys

So if i go to one of these edges, the ones guarded by NASA employees, and then decide to throw a ball over the edge, what happens to the ball?

No one knows cos “The Man” is hiding it from us.

There’s some A* level lunacy on this thread fair play. Rollicking entertainment.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 19:26]

Poll: Tory leader

Flat Earth Society on 19:45 - Nov 17 with 3244 viewsCooperman

Flat Earth Society on 19:05 - Nov 17 by PozuelosSideys

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024